To coordinate the employment and educational activities for YWCA shelter residents and Transitional Housing participants.
- Coordinate the Steps to Success training class bi-monthly and coordinate monthly educational programs for residents (example: budgeting, parenting classes, etc.)
- Maintain a Job Board and identify employment opportunities for YWCA Shelter residents and Transitional Housing Clients.
- Develop and maintain networking contacts with the local business community and Job Service ND to assist clients in identification of job opportunities. Serve as an advocate/liaison/reference for women seeking employment.
- Responsible for the development of recruitment materials and practices for client participation. Coordinate with Transitional Housing Director for referrals of participants.
- Assist shelter and transitional housing clients develop a resume, complete job applications, and provide assistance with interview opportunities as needed.
- Assist clients in their efforts to pursue/continue their education plans (admission paperwork, financial aid, identify and assist with scholarship applications, etc.)
- Represent the YWCA at various speaking engagements.
- Coordinate with Shelter staff about the availability of childcare services for clients who are attending Steps to Success, or looking for work.
- Compile monthly, quarterly, and annual statistics as required. Prepare newsletter articles and other reports as assigned.
- Meet with residents one on one and provide rides to necessary appointments.
- Provide current certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Prompt and reliable attendance is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Counseling, Employment Counseling, or a related field, or equivalent education/experience required.
- Two years experience in job development or employment training.
- Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have valid driver’s license with proof of current insurance and insurable record.
- Meet all background check requirements.
- An understanding of, appreciation for, and support of the mission of the YWCA Cass and Clay Counties, which is eliminating racism and empowering women.
Indeed - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard
The YWCA Cass Clay is a nonprofit organization serving women and children facing homelessness in our community. Programs include emergency...