YWCA Cass Clay is currently seeking a Part Time Shelter Assistant to Join our Team!
- Admit women and children to the shelter ensuring that new residents are fully oriented to the YWCA Shelter. Responsible for enforcing rules and regulations for all residents as outlined in the policy and procedure manual.
- Ensure residents are supplied with necessary items (food, clothing, etc.)
- Maintain Staff/participant records including admittance, daily journal, resident’s log, child protection, and other reports as assigned.
- Ensure security of the shelter: locks, security systems, fire alarm systems and security checklist. Respond appropriately to alarms and emergency situations, including use of First Aid and CPR.
- Answer phones and respond to door buzzers appropriately.
- Attend scheduled Shelter meetings.
- Provide off site clients with food basket and supplies.
- Prepare sleeping rooms by cleaning and stocking.
- Sorting and organizing of donations.
- Maintain cleanliness of shelter and general organization of shelter.
- Prompt and reliable attendance is required.
- Female. (BFOQ)
- High school graduate. 2 years college in related human service field or equivalent education/experience is required.
- Training or experience in working in crisis intervention.
- CPR and First Aid certified.
- Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Knowledge of domestic violence, homelessness, mental illness, chemical dependence and child development issues is essential. Knowledge of community resources is helpful.
- Meet all background check requirements.
- An understanding of, appreciation for, and support of the mission of the YWCA Cass Clay, which is eliminating racism and empowering women.