TITLE: Gymnastics Summer Program Director Available Monday – Friday, full time February – April: 5 hours per week
May – mid June: 15 hours per week
Mid June – first week in August: 35 hours per week
Under the general direction of the Director of Health and Wellness/ Recreational Programs, the camp director will plan, coordinate, conduct and supervise the activities and operations of the summer program.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Supervise and schedule summer personnel and volunteers.
- Establish rotation schedules.
- Work closely with aquatics department in scheduling swim schedules.
- Work closely with front desk in managing registration process.
- Make sure all participants have updated medical/physical forms/allergy information on file. Provide copies to nurse.
- Enforce all regulations pertaining to the health and safety of all visitors, participants and parents.
- Ensure safety during arrival and dismissal times.
- Collect lunch time monies and process all requests for lunches purchased at Hazel’s.
- Manage lunch time schedule – making sure all participants have adequate time for lunch.
- Coordinate daily snacks for participants and making sure that supplies are replenished.
- Hold weekly staff meetings to ensure that all procedures are being followed. Address any participant and staff issues – bring them to the attention of the Health and Wellness Director.
- Meet regularly with Health and Wellness Director to discuss enrollment.
- Handle all parent concerns and questions.
- Ensure that all incident reports are completed and follow up, if necessary, is documented.
REPORTS TO: Health and Wellness Director/Recreational Programs
- Excellent organizational skills and customer service experience; strong phone and written communication skills preferred. Understanding of gymnastics and strong teaching background.
- Hold current certifications in First Aid and CPR. RTE expected within 6 months of hire.
Certifications must be on file before working