PART TIME POSITION
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY - 12:00 pm to Midnight shift
12 hour shift
Hourly Rate - $ 10.41 per hour
Responsibilities: Provide crisis intervention, supportive counseling, legal and medical information and referral services consistent with the goals and objectives of the YWCA and according to program policies and procedures.
- Provide services to women, young women and children according to established action plans, as needed.
- Supervise and work with residents to complete household tasks, such as vacuuming, dusting, kitchen cleaning, etc.
- Conduct intake and exit interviews when appropriate.
- Responsible while on duty for the safety and well-being of the residents.
- Perform house safety checks.
- Alert supervisory staff in case of emergencies, behavior problems, counseling needs, etc.
- Keep appropriate records and reports according to policy and procedures.
- Maintain a level of knowledge that is current and applicable to performing this position, including, but not limited to, issues pertaining to domestic/sexual violence, and/or to runaway/homeless at risk youth.
- Report to Residents Manager any maintenance needs of the facility.
- Make child abuse reports to the registry as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Acceptance and support of the YWCA Mission
Ability to interact with other staff, residents and professionals while maintaining confidentiality
Associates degree in human services or social work preferred or 2 years experience in the field of domestic/sexual violence and/or runaway/homeless at risk youth
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
Ability to travel/Drivers license required
Eliminating racism and empowering women