You will be expected to design and develop the full life cycle of software - bringing your own amazing ideas and be able to bring them to life in code. You will work with great people in an exciting, but demanding environment. You will work with large amounts of data and users and you are comfortable designing, implementing, and bringing your own code to production quickly but with high quality. You are a comfortable and confident communicator and easily grasp business and technology ideas and can translate from one to the other. You love learning new technology and spend your time trying out new open source packages, tinkering with new frameworks – always looking for new, better, and faster ways to build software.
If that sounds like you - YaSabe might be a great match.
YaSabe.com is a dynamic, funded, rapidly growing startup company run by an experienced team with multiple successful exits based in the Dulles Technology Corridor just outside of Washington DC. We have a great team with strong background in local search, enterprise search, big data, and analytics - with team members from Harvard and MIT.
We are looking to bring the best and brightest talent to work in three exciting areas: local search, social media, and mobile. Your inventiveness, problem solving, creativity, and ability to bring high-quality software to production quickly, are much more important to us than the language you code in or your particular background or software stack.
- Strong developer in Java
- Able to design, architect, code, test and deploy independently
- MVC Framework skills
- Comfortable dealing with “end-users” and developing requirements
- Solid background with Agile/SCRUM software development methodologies
- Desire to learn about the business, new technologies, tools, and methodologies
- Spanish NOT required
Nice to haves:
- Experience using NoSQL/MongoDB databases
- Experience with Lucene/SOLR
- Interest in Latin culture
- Experience with Mobile web and Mobile app Development (iOS and Android)
- Competitive Salary
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays
- Paid Training, Continuing Education
- A Kitchen full of Sodas and Snacks
- Flexible Hours
- Fun Start-Up Environment
- Ground floor opportunity and tremendous opportunities for career growth
If you are interested please reply with:
- your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- brief cover note explaining why you are the best candidate for THIS job
YaSabe is an online destination to help users connect with the local latino community across the US. Which it caters to Latin culture - its hardly just about Spanish. The site is bilingual and almost 30% of visitors use the site in English. The first phase of our roadmap has been wildly successful (traffic grew more than 800% last year and was awarded Portada's prize for Digital Innovation). We have just completing a round of financing and launching the second phase of our roadmap.