Applicants residing in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA only, please.
We're looking for a contract photo editor to help curate, edit, and crop stunning photos for Yahoo mobile products. Successful candidate must be passionate about photography, have a keen eye for visually stunning images, and have expertise of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge. Knowledge in After Effects and video production is highly desirable. You must possess impeccable organizational skills, a high level of efficiency, a solutions-oriented mindset, and a capacity to work on deadline with multiple teams while maintaining keen attention to detail. Excellent interpersonal and time-management skills are a must.
- Research and incorporate top-notch photography into mobile apps
- Perform high-level post production image enhancements through Photoshop and After Effects
- Work with technical teams to provide product feedback and develop/improve photo editorial tools and processes as needed
- Monitor photographers image submission queue, and accept/deny images based on image requirements and quality
- Moderate user discussions as necessary
- Cross-check quality of photo editors' image research
*BA or BS degree along with 3+ years of professional experience (online) in stock photography, photojournalism, or photo editing.
- Outstanding organization skills in order to stay ahead of the demands of the job: preparing for possible detours, identifying bottlenecks, and disseminating timely updates. Strong writing and documentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Bridge, After Effects, and Microsoft Office Suite
- News or journalism background is highly desired
- A passion for innovation, a strong sense of urgency, and a keen interest in stats and analysis strongly desired
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in a concise manner
- Work style that thrives in a fast-paced environment with aggressive goals and deadlines
- Excellent relationship-building and listening skills
- Solution-oriented with the ability to work both independently and as a team member
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and online work samples, with "Mobile Photos IN0227" in the subject line.
Indeed - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard
Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!), together with its consolidated subsidiaries, is a global Internet brand. Together with its owned and operated online...