Yahoo! Inc. Employee Reviews

Love this Place
Solutions Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 31, 2017
Really like Yahoo. It's a great place to work for. Definitely learned a lot while here. Top leaderships have made poor decisions here and there, but middle management is just awesome!
Database Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Quincy, WAMay 24, 2017
Great experience in a fast pace environment, great co workers, and great variety of cultures that they hire make work life fun. This is a work hard play hard type of company which is what I prefer.
Pros
Great experience in server troubleshooting
Good company in general.
Director, Program Management (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 12, 2017
Employees join general work hard . Senior management team is too weak to right the ship. The CEO has great intention to bring the company to the next level but her staff are too weak to implement her vision.
Great People
Finance (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 11, 2017
The people were great to work with. The work place was casual and teams great team players. Benefits were good. Management at the time was nice and willing to work with you on your concerns.
Productive place, where you learn new programs
News & FrontPage Editor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 5, 2017
A great company to work and at the same time a fun place, where we participated in different activities of learning and community service.
I have learned to work individually as well as in a team. As a News & Front Page Editor, I am in charged of breaking news coverage and news updates.
In addition, I work with internal and external editors to commission and shape timely, exciting content.
You can learn a lot from this company
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 4, 2017
The company also treat employee very importantly. The food here is very good. You can have breakfast, lunch, and dinner here, and the quality of food is so nice, including Chinese food, Indian food.
Fun environment, friendly people, challenging work, great benefits
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  USAApril 5, 2017
Yahoo's culture is all about fun, irreverence, and constantly trying to be on the cutting edge of the latest technologies and programs. I think working at Yahoo has really helped my career because it has presented me with a variety of job opportunities where I could really challenge myself and grow my skill set.

The people are really friendly and helpful and they work extremely hard to deliver the best quality products.
Pros
Free food, good benefits, fun company culture, many opportunities to try new things
Cons
Sometimes work can be a bit more reactive vs. proactive
Good company to gain experience
Sr. Construction Manager Global Data Center (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 4, 2017
I gain lots of experience working in this company. It has a good culture and team work. The management seems to change more often due to company overall performance. But overall, it is a good experience.
Review
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 3, 2017
Hardest part of job: The instability and directional changes
Best part: the people
A typical day: no typical days!
Learned: A great learning place
Culture: Too old school for me; but they put in a great deal of effort to make you happy
The most enjoyable part of the job
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 29, 2017
Work closely with CMO and key decision makers of fortune 500 companies to identify solutions to their marketing needs while utilizing a wealth of resouces.
Pros
Great Work Enviornment
Cons
Management is disconnected
Its very fun and challenging and very good environment
DevOps Engineer/AWS/Build and Release Engineer (Current Employee) –  CAMarch 27, 2017
* I learned complete agile environment
* It is really fun environment for the people who wanted to show their skills and the management is very encouraging and very sportive
* I really miss it.
Intense and enjoyable workplace
Assistant Editor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2017
Working for Yahoo Studios has given me the ability to work with all of Yahoo's verticals including News, Sports, Finance, Style, Beauty, TV, and Movies. Being the assistant editor for all of these verticals I have acclimated with working with various media, workflows, and looks. With that comes the pressure to work with all of them in a professional and concise manner, and at times simultaneously. However the coworkers at Yahoo Studios make this pressure worth the effort.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch, overtime when working late night shows
Email support with constant calls
Customer Support agent (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 20, 2017
Very strict on security for customers. Your attitude and punctuation should be on point. Work alone all shift. Need to be able to listen carefully with all different accents calling.
Pros
working alone and specking to customers from all parts of country
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 17, 2017
Great company to work. Exposure to good technologies.The people were very friendly and nice to me, I didnt feel left out at all.
great culture
great perks
smart, friendly people
productive and good environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 15, 2017
Help customers find the products that meet their needs and sell customers as many products as possible.
Maintains facilities by planning space allocations, layouts, and floor moves; arranging for and supervising building maintenance.
Responsibilities included screening calls; managing calendars; making travel, meeting and event arrangements; preparing reports and financial data; training and supervising other support staff; and customer relations.
Great brand and good culture - however...
Performance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 15, 2017
Yahoo was once a great place to work. However, industry turmoil and competition forced changes. Despite public perception, Yahoo has outstanding products for both consumers and advertisers, however, they simply will not spend the money to promote themselves through advertising or PR. Lack of audience has been the death of some otherwise outstanding products and services. They invested so much in start-ups for the technology but ignored both B2C and B2B PR problems that could easily have been solved by contracting an outside firm.
Pros
GReat teams
Cons
Just read the news to see the Cons
Excellent Digital Sales Opportunity
Vice President of Sales - Mid Market (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 28, 2017
Incredibly broad digital media offering with scale and data resources that enabled unique client conversations and programs.
Pros
Compensation - Work Life - Culture
Cons
Market Perception - Leadership Change
Productive and fun workplace
Intern (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Being one of the pioneers of the web, it still has that charm in it. The quality of work and work-life balance is extremely good.
Many opportunities to learn relevant skills
Production Engineer (devops) (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Good, solid technical work and tools to do it.
Management good overall but my manager had blindspots.
Most coworkers good to work with but my team in effect provided limited useful training.
Pros
Free meals: big time saver
Cons
relentless ops tasks; hard to carve out time to automate them
Great people and benefits
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Nice coworkers and culture. Good technologies are widely used here. Good work life balance.
Lack of a vision of promising future products from the senior levels.