Yahoo

Yahoo Employer Reviews

Great place overall
Data Protection Engineer / Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CASeptember 14, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits and great work/life balance
Cons: the culture is slowing change for what it was
Overall it is a great place to work at. The culture is exciting and felt unified. The overall leadership has changed considerably. More recognition is needed for the lower level workers.
Great
Small Business Sales Specialist (Former Employee), OmahaSeptember 12, 2013
Great company culture and young employees. Overall it was great job to start out in the corporate world.
Industry leader in online entertainment coverage
General Manager, Movies and Kids (Former Employee), Santa MonicaSeptember 3, 2013
Pioneered relationships between the movie studios and the internet portal, leading the way in creating new editorial and marketing experiences for audiences and advertisers, strategies now copied and considered standard across the internet medium.
My purview stretched across all areas including editorial, marketing, sales, pr and video production.
As – more... a traditional Silicon Valley tech company burdened by perpetual executive turn over at the highest level, there was reluctance to embrace the inherent sexiness and differentiating business prospects of being a leading destination and partner in the Entertainment space.
As a result, however, I did benefit from much autonomy to grow not just the presence of the movie industry online but also to push the boundaries of my own role which kept my experience fresh and exciting. – less
a very dynamic work place
Senior Manager, Audience Analytics (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAAugust 15, 2013
fun and smart people
great benefit
when I was there, there were too many changes at management, but now with the new leadership under Marissa, things have improved a lot
Good place to work if you are an engineer or product developer right now
Sr. Director, B2B Marketing (Current Employee), Burbank, CAAugust 2, 2013
Pros: free lunches, smart people
Cons: lots of turmoil and transition
Yahoo! was a great place to work. There is lots of transition and turmoil, but the company is focused on growth and moving with speed on product development. The mission of Yahoo! is to make Yahoo! a place that consumers go on a daily basis for all their informational needs.
Productive Environment
Search Advertising Account Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 25, 2013
Pros: culture, free food
Cons: undecisive management
Loved working at Yahoo!, Inc. Great culture and group of people to work with.

Management is lacking and unsupervised. Direct Management was quirky and played favorites. I was on the favorite list but I didn't like how others were being treated.
Great team and environment
Creative Director, Creative Services Department (Former Employee), Burbank, CAMay 10, 2013
I loved working at Yahoo!. I had the pleasure of working with smart people who produced strategic, creative work for appreciative in-house clients. Work-life balance was excellent and even with a revolving door of CEOs during my tenure, I was proud to work there.
Fun place,awesome work culture
Sr QE Engineer/Developer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMay 7, 2013
Fun place
Awesome work culture
Great team members
Efforts appreciated
writing test cases for electronic store front
Software QA engineer (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CaApril 22, 2013
Pros: great work environment
Writing test cases in Perl for testing functions of a electronic store
An Interesting place to work at
Director of PM/PMM (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 15, 2013
Flexible working environment
Good people
Interesting culture
Constant change...
Good people, horrible management and backwards thinking
Senior Editor (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAApril 2, 2013
Pros: fun people, in office games put-put, basketball
Cons: long hours, promises of advancement
Yahoo! works hard to hire cream-of-the-crop-talent only to fire them after 9 months. This is the company's way of avoiding making full time hires (barely skirting California contracting laws). Most positions there are extremely unstable.

Also, the company does not care about you. If you're becoming ill from working long hours overnight, they don't – more... care.

Your department could be setting records in terms of numbers, but you will be fired to make it look like the company is meeting its financial goals for investors. – less
Good and very professional place to work
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Santa claraApril 1, 2013
Pros: very good professional company
Cons: layoffs
Good and very professional place to work
Work is devided in th eteam properly
Managment is very cool
Productive work
Oracle Apps consultant (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 27, 2013
• Analyzed the Functional Requirements to fully understand the scope of the testing
• Involved in Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Sanity Testing and User Acceptance Testing
Excellent place to work. The many benifits include ... Free lunch, ping pong, pool tables, giant chess boards.
Programmer / UI Design (Former Employee), BurbankMarch 14, 2013
Pros: free lunch, working with a team
Yahoo was an excellent place to spend some time working. I learned some new stuff there, working with XML, JSON files and integrating the Yahoo services into an app. We also utilized some 3rd party APIs like DarkSky and Alohar for getting user GPS location data.

One of the more interesting and exciting things about working at Yahoo is working with – more... a team. All of my previous experience with programming was done by myself. It was great being able to work with other programmers and designers on a project – less
Smart, creative people working on projects they believed in.
Senior Copywriter (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: plenty of employee perks, great work campus and work-spaces. great people.
Cons: relied too heavily on contract work. unstable board resulted in shakey management.
I loved my time at Yahoo! as I was surrounded by very creative and bright people who worked hard and were given the freedom and trust to produce quality material.

I've never worked in a culture where the expression "work hard and play hard" was so accurate to the employee population.

I hope Yahoo! is restored to the position it was while I worked – more... there.
It was a good company and a positive influence on other work structures in the industry. – less
a very friendly company that values its employees
Technical Operations Engineer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CADecember 17, 2012
I enjoyed every single day I spent at Yahoo! The work culture, the premises, the people, work ethics and overall feel being a part of Yahoo! is very comfortable.
PRODUCTIVE AND HARD WORKING PLACE
Computer Operator (Former Employee), DARESALAAMNovember 13, 2012
Pros: lunch box
Cons: aar health care
I work daily as computer operator ihave learn how computer operates and my management was at yahoo company and my co worker was a computer enginer for me the hardest part of the job was in when ensuring the machines to operate the most enjoyable part was in typing keys.
Another cog in the machine
Senior Client Advocate (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 12, 2012
Frustrating to work for.
Shifts are bid once a quarter (not discussed in interview or training)
Quality reviews used for picking order of shifts uses statistically insignificant sample sizes. (One call out of 2,000 has you working Sundays for three months.)
Problems communicating with HR for benefits questions.
Productive working environment
Market Insight Analyst, Genome (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 4, 2012
Great people to work with, co-worker is professional;learn mutitask and get things done;
Productive fast fun place to work
Domain Name Manager (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CANovember 1, 2012
The days at Yahoo! are never boring, things change quickly and you need to be ready to roll with the changes.

About Yahoo

Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!), together with its consolidated subsidiaries, is a global Internet brand. Together with its owned and operated – Read more

Yahoo Photos