YAI NETWORK Employee Reviews in United States

Employees are kind
Direct Support Professioanl (Current Employee) –  Mamaroneck, NYAugust 26, 2015
Staff is friendly
Compensation for the amount of work we do is not enough
Flexible schedule
Not much opportunity to grow
Get to go out in the community and do fun activities
Cons
Compensation
Productive place to Work, A learning experience to those who want to work in the mental health field.
Direct Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 14, 2015
The most enjoyable part of being a Direct Service Provider at YAI is the impact you leave on the individuals everyday, They could be having the worst day ever, but you could help take their mind off what ever is bothering and really help them unlock their potential to do things they never thought they could. I had great co-workers and management to support me when ever their was a situation which made working even better we each helped each other however way we can because at the end of the day we are their to ensure that the individuals are well taken care to the best ability.
very good company, staff and work atmosphere are great !
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Hastings-on-Hudson, NYJune 5, 2015
Love my supervisors, co workers are friendly. I learned a lot about this population and broadened my views on certain aspects of life. The hardest part of the job for me would be just getting acclimated to understanding that my individuals sometimes may get agitated and act out, but that is just their way of communicating. The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that the life skills and values I teach every day are making an impact in someone's life.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
stressful atmosphere
productive workplace with caring individuals
Community Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elmsford, NYJune 3, 2015
A typical day at work is busy, yet productive. We are responsible for much more than our individuals' safety, and well-being. I have learned so much on how to work with the disabled population, and also how to work with people from different backgrounds and cultures. I have also learned a lot about myself; where I excel, and where I need extra work. The best part of the job is when our individuals arrive in the morning, excited to get their day started.
Very educated and caring group of coworkers.
DSP (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 17, 2015
I work with a wonderful and caring group of professionals, who are focused on the interests of the individuals we serve. I really love the population we work with.
Pros
Coworkers, supervisors and individuals are great to work with
Cons
Salary not commensurate with experience and skills.
Wacky fun place
Individual Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2015
There is generally no such thing as a typical day at YAI. Often running around dealing with issues. It used to be better. Fun people and individuals.
Management???
DSP (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn,NYApril 8, 2015
Let me first start off by saying YAI is a great agency to work for. The individuals we serve are fantastic, the work environment is ok, the staff is cool (depending on who you work with), the pay ok and the benefits are great. Being in this field for all must 2 years has taught me each individual are their own person and should be treated as such. If you are just starting out YAI is a great place to start because the ongoing training you will encounter will prepare you for the residence. But on another hand the MANAGEMENT freakin sucks. You have supervisors that love to talk over you and mirco manage you to the T.
Pros
Benefits, Work/Life balance
Cons
salary
Productive Workplace with a lot to offer
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Fun, calm and cool environment. Very flexible working environment. Progression within the company depends on your group home.
YAI Network is a productive and fun workplace.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 1, 2014
The individuals served are the priority of the organization. I have learned that each individual is special and has something to offer to the community regardless of cognitive ability.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not enough pay for the work load.
Great learning environment
Community Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
A place to grow. The agency provides support and encourages continuing your education.
Pros
benefits, tuition reimbursement
fast pace but statifiying
direct service provider (Current Employee) –  bronx, nyJune 23, 2014
good people and the individuals are great. they do alot of teaching and the training provides excessive amounts of guidance but it helps make working easier.
Great place to lend a helping hand
Assistant Applied Behavior Science Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NYFebruary 18, 2014
Nice work place with great co workers and leaders.
Working with the mentally challenged individuals was a wonderful and touching experience that I will always remember. It's not everyday you learn to be a "team player" and work with a team of sophisticated and caring people.
Interesting place to work
Senior Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2014
If you schmooze well, you'll do fine here. Compensation?? It's a non-profit! If you're in the c-suite, you're good.
Productive and Professional Place to Work
Assistant Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Setauket, NYApril 18, 2013
Great agency to work for and depending on the house you work in, it can be demanding. YAI has strong ethical and administrative platform.
Pros
benefits, salary enhancement and expereince
Cons
no breaks, low pay
Unprofessional HR, No Power to Protect Their Employees to Get What They Suppose to Get
TA (Current Employee) –  College PointDecember 17, 2012
I am a current YAI staff who works for one of the NYL programs. The staffs there are absolutely friendly. However, the management team is the WORST because the Principal is apparently a micro-management that she does not give too much power to her management team, so everyone must listen to her. And since she is carrying so much power to "control" everyone, therefore, no one is willing to step out to say something (even the cleaning guy needs her permission to take a day off! If she okay it, you owed her a favor; if she is not signing the request, then you need to come to work no matter what happened including a request made the same day to leave early because you needed to take your mom to the doctor's but herself does not need to worry if she wants to go shopping, get her hair done or for a nail appointment). So the angers are everywhere now and it's so sad that there's just nothing the employees can do about it because if you ask HR a question they will still refer you back to her. This is not something I am making up to ruin her reputation (her bad reputation iis well-known), I am speaking for a huge amount of her 100 staffs, at least more than half of us think this way! But again, it's just too sad that none of us is brave enough to do something in this bad economy and well she is taking advantages on many of us. I thought God is always on my side, but this time I really don't know what to do. I will keep praying!!!
Pros
many school holidays, vacations...
Cons
benefit & advancement
Great Place, people and productive place to work.
Community Training Specialist/Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 21, 2012
Work with adults with mild developmental and learning disabilities in a community setting, providing pre-vocational training at local community volunteer sites..I learned how to train, organize and formulate service plans for poeple with developmental and learning disabilities. My co-workers are and have been very supportive, helpful and understanding. Team work is a number one priority. The hardest part of my job is having to SKIP an individual when necessary. The most enjoyable part of working at YAI is the sense of gratification you feel when the individual learns a specific skill you have been teaching them or when have reached their level of success and obtained employment.
Amazing agency to work for
Autism Coordinator (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 16, 2012
I learned how to directly work with individuals with developmental disabilities. My job is very rewarding and everyday I learn something from the individuals and families we serve.
Pros
flexibility, free lunches, amazing team of people, employee package (benefits)
Cons
salary