YAI NETWORK

YAI NETWORK Employee Reviews

Wacky fun place
Individual Service Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 6, 2015
There is generally no such thing as a typical day at YAI. Often running around dealing with issues. It used to be better. Fun people and individuals.
Management???
DSP (Current Employee), Brooklyn,NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Work/Life balance
Cons: salary
Let me first start off by saying YAI is a great agency to work for. The individuals we serve are fantastic, the work environment is ok, the staff is cool (depending on who you work with), the pay ok and the benefits are great. Being in this field for all must 2 years has taught me each individual are their own person and should be treated as such. If you are just starting out YAI is a great place to start because the ongoing training you will encounter will prepare you for the residence. But on another hand the MANAGEMENT freakin sucks. You have supervisors that love to talk over you and mirco manage you to the T.
Productive Workplace with a lot to offer
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Spring Valley, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Fun, calm and cool environment. Very flexible working environment. Progression within the company depends on your group home.
YAI Network is a productive and fun workplace.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not enough pay for the work load.
The individuals served are the priority of the organization. I have learned that each individual is special and has something to offer to the community regardless of cognitive ability.
Great learning environment
Community Training Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
Pros: benefits, tuition reimbursement
A place to grow. The agency provides support and encourages continuing your education.
fast pace but statifiying
direct service provider (Current Employee), bronx, nyJune 23, 2014
good people and the individuals are great. they do alot of teaching and the training provides excessive amounts of guidance but it helps make working easier.
Great place to lend a helping hand
Assistant Applied Behavior Science Specialist (Former Employee), Riverdale, NYFebruary 18, 2014
Nice work place with great co workers and leaders.
Working with the mentally challenged individuals was a wonderful and touching experience that I will always remember. It's not everyday you learn to be a "team player" and work with a team of sophisticated and caring people.
Interesting place to work
Senior Marketing Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2014
If you schmooze well, you'll do fine here. Compensation?? It's a non-profit! If you're in the c-suite, you're good.
Productive and Professional Place to Work
Assistant Residential Manager (Current Employee), Setauket, NYApril 18, 2013
Pros: benefits, salary enhancement and expereince
Cons: no breaks, low pay
Great agency to work for and depending on the house you work in, it can be demanding. YAI has strong ethical and administrative platform.
Unprofessional HR, No Power to Protect Their Employees to Get What They Suppose to Get
TA (Current Employee), College PointDecember 17, 2012
Pros: many school holidays, vacations...
Cons: benefit & advancement
I am a current YAI staff who works for one of the NYL programs. The staffs there are absolutely friendly. However, the management team is the WORST because the Principal is apparently a micro-management that she does not give too much power to her management team, so everyone must listen to her. And since she is carrying so much power to "control" everyone, therefore, no one is willing to step out to say something (even the cleaning guy needs her permission to take a day off! If she okay it, you owed her a favor; if she is not signing the request, then you need to come to work no matter what happened including a request made the same day to leave early because you needed to take your mom to the doctor's but herself does not need to worry if she wants to go shopping, get her hair done or for a nail appointment). So the angers are everywhere now and it's so sad that there's just nothing the employees can do about it because if you ask HR a question they will still refer you back to her. This is not something I am making up to ruin her reputation (her bad reputation iis well-known), I am speaking for a huge amount of her 100 staffs, at least more than half of us think this way! But again, it's just too sad that none of us is brave enough to do something in this bad economy and well she is taking advantages on many of us. I thought God is always on my side, but this time I really don't know what to do. I will keep praying!!!
Great Place, people and productive place to work.
Community Training Specialist/Job Coach (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 21, 2012
Work with adults with mild developmental and learning disabilities in a community setting, providing pre-vocational training at local community volunteer sites..I learned how to train, organize and formulate service plans for poeple with developmental and learning disabilities. My co-workers are and have been very supportive, helpful and understanding. Team work is a number one priority. The hardest part of my job is having to SKIP an individual when necessary. The most enjoyable part of working at YAI is the sense of gratification you feel when the individual learns a specific skill you have been teaching them or when have reached their level of success and obtained employment.
Amazing agency to work for
Autism Coordinator (Volunteer) (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 16, 2012
Pros: flexibility, free lunches, amazing team of people, employee package (benefits)
Cons: salary
I learned how to directly work with individuals with developmental disabilities. My job is very rewarding and everyday I learn something from the individuals and families we serve.