Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic

Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic Employee Reviews

High pace work enviroment but poorly managed
Document Imaging Clerk (Current Employee), Yakima, WAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits and very diverse
Cons: poorly managed
This is a high paced work environment. Constant work flow. The co-workers are all family oriented and respectful. Management is very poor. She doesn't like to lead by her own rules. Very hypocritical. Almost like a dictatorship. No relating with her employees, she makes it very clear she's above us and untouchable. The hardest part is they are not lenient with obstacles of daily life like taking time for kids or illnesses.

They also do a lot with the community which I enjoy. The community jobs program is amazing. They help so many people get ready for the work place and educate for future opportunities.

I love working for this organization and hope to see it grow and change to better fit their employees needs as well at their clients.
Stay away. Management is clueless and horrible!
Pharmacist (Former Employee), Yakima ValleyJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Work Life balance
Cons: Horrible management
That place is the most toxic work environment I have ever seen. The upper management uses nasty tactics and stupid methods to run that company which should have been a better place. Working there might be tempting because it is nonprofit organization, and if you are a pharmacist like me then you might like the idea of having no metrics. However, there is a lot of politics, technicians spying on each – more... other and on pharmacists, and the senior pharmacy director might ask you to sign a statement against one of her pharmacy managers during your training period. It was so stupid and nasty management that I hate mentioning that place on my resume. I was hired by a retail chain after I left that place and I could not be happier! at least the upper management has some sort of accountability where I work now. – less
Pleasant Environment to Work
Community Health Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Yakima, WAMay 13, 2015
Co-workers are nice
Everyone is very helpful
A family environment
Caring staff
Encouraging
Thoughtful
Understanding
Working for one goal and that is to serve and care for other
Community oriented
Outstanding clinics
Horrible, clueless, uncaring management
Provider (Former Employee), undisclosedMay 7, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
Anyone reading these reviews might be tempted to pursue employment with the company. However, you might notice those who are in management and management support are the ones that think it is such a great place to work; providers (MDs and especially NPs and PAs) almost universally hate the management. CEO did have a great vision when he began but now he has become completely out of touch and clueless. – more... And that divide between those that do the primary work of the organization - the providers- and management is huge. Management cares about one thing only; production. Nobody cares if you do a good job taking care of the patient and you are not evaluated based on giving excellent patient care but on how many patients you see and on whether you are "popular" and "well-liked." As a provider, you are given an unrealistic number of patients to see, which leads to poor patient care and burnout. Work-life balance? Nonexistent. If you have small children as I do, you will never see them. If you are wanting a job in management or in management support, it is possible to carve out a manageable existence with the company - you will get a lunch break, you will likely leave on time. Not so if you are a provider. If you are a provider, DO NOT work for this organization. You have been warned. – less
Poor Management
Epic Systems Application Coordinator - Ambulatory (Former Employee), Yakima, WAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Poor Management
Upper Management - Will never investigate issues, but use information from trusted sources who can do no wrong. Never gets involved with his team so he will never have all the correct information.
Idealistically great, realistically terrible due to management
WIC Certifier (Former Employee), Salem, ORNovember 5, 2014
Pros: hour lunches, interacting with women and children in need
Cons: seniority and favoritism, egotistical supervisor, snobby staff
WIC is great and usually well run. However, this site was managed in a way that supports turning a blind eye to those with yrs of experience and favoring them. Good luck dealing with an egotistical supervisor who oversteps their bounds and documents frivolous things to appear authoritative and in the right. You will also have a hard time being accepted by staff who are clicky and may alienate you based on your experience, education and ethnicity.
medical facility where you work as a team to benefit others.
Referral Specialist (Current Employee), Yakima, WAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: a place where you are allowed to learn and advance within the corporation
I have acquired to be a skilled advocate, effective in stressful environments requiring personal diplomacy and meditation among conflicting groups.
Excellent telephone skills, able to work independently, as well as part of a professional team: able to interact and communicate effectively with the public in person and by telephone: ability to complete delegated activities, projects, and committee functions within appropriate time span: and the knowledge of medical terminology.
Bi-lingual English/Spanish with competence in both oral and written. Full spectrum coordination and scheduling of patient referrals to outside agencies including follow-up to ensure that referral appointments were kept and reports are received.
medical facility where you work as a team to benefit others.
Referral Specialist (Current Employee), Yakima, WAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: a place where you are allowed to learn and advance within the corporation
Great Opportunity to work outside of an office
Prescription Assistance Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Wapato, WAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: working outside of an office setting
Serving patients in your office with various prescription assistance programs as well as providing community service to the lower valley
I love the diversity of the clients and employees, and the services provided.
care provider (Current Employee), severalSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: micro-management
This is a great organization to work for, they provide care for ALL patients without discrimination, or ability to pay. I have great co-workers, and providers that I work with. They are all very competent and qualified.
Migrant farmworker's clinic
Pharmacist, Longs (Former Employee), Yakima, WAJuly 20, 2014
I worked at YVFWC while I was in college. Once I graduated I was given a brand new clinic to open in Yakima. It was a great experience being able to work one on one with the medical staff while working in a clinic pharmacy setting. We had several specialty departments within the clinic such as an HIV clinic, Family medicine, Pediatrics, internal medicine, and Urgent care. I had to leave this dream job because of my husband's out of state transfer.
Good company but poor management
Document Imaging Clerk (Former Employee), Yakima HIMJune 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: mandatory ot, poor management, tense work environment
I worked for YVFWC several years before moving into a Document Imaging Clerk position at HIM. The position looked very promising and seemed like something I would enjoy however once in the position I was very wrong. Right from the beginning there was no sense of organization as well as lack of communication between the supervisors to the staff. Policies and procedures were constantly changing without – more... notifying the staff therefore making it extremely difficult to be able to properly do my job. There was constant tension between the department due to gossip. The director and supervisor played favoritism which played a huge part in the tension as well. The amount of MANDATORY OT was absolutely ridiculous. At first it's was fine but after awhile became to much to handle. The best thing about working at HIM would be some of the friendships I was able to walk away with. Transferring into this department was the worst mistake I have made. I would only suggest pursuing a position in this department as a way of getting your foot in the door to transfer to another position within the organization. – less
Rosewood Family Health Center - horrible management
Physician Assistant (Former Employee), Rosewood Family Health CenterJune 1, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: horrible bosses!
Similar review to the one from Toppinish. Great people but horrible management. A lot of provider turn over due to poor support and resources. I worked for the company for 6 years and was terminated by a new clinic administrator who had only been there one year. He is a poor manager and administrator but still the corporation supported his decision to terminate a long standing provider who actually made the corporation money. Rosewood has gone through 9 providers in 4 years and the company can't figure out how to retain providers. They pay poorly and benefits are not up to community standards.
Productive and very educational enviornment
Document Imaging Clerk (Current Employee), Yakima, WAApril 21, 2014
I love working as a team there. It runs smoother with everyone's cooperation from all the employees and the management abilities to assign task to the right employees. Everyone is friendly and very outgoing. The most enjoyable time is the mail part is my favorite to be able to use the computer look up patients and scan the mail to the right clinics.
Non-Profit Orginazation
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee), Toppenish, WAMarch 3, 2014
Loved the people i worked with. Sad to say i had to move to CA and leave it all behind.
Exciting and Dynamic
Clinic Director (Current Employee), Walla Walla, WADecember 9, 2013
Every day is different. 80% of my time is spent dealing with people, the rest is spent dealing with reports or other leadership responsibilities. The organization is cutting edge in its field and is a model for many others.
family oriented and fun place to work
phone interpreting (Current Employee), Walla WallaSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: pot lucks
Cons: n/a
Family Medical Center is a great place to start a career, this is the place that helped me decide what I want for my future. When I come in for the day, I am greeted by everyone. It is a joy to come in and see everyone working hard and smiling all the time. I like to see that all my co workers take pride in their job and love their patients. The only part I felt has been difficult for me is the slow hours when there is not many patients needing my help. So I feel like the hours go by slow. One of the most enjoyable parts of my job is working with one of the healthcare providers. He has got to know me pretty well and I feel I have a great mutual connection with him and most of his patients.
Poductive and fast paste environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Yakima, WAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: free-lunches, freindly environment
Cons: no breaks.
I learned each individuals job is diffrent, I managed with Medical Records wich this experience was outstanding. My co-workers where helpfull when needed. I enjoyed the staff I worked with and the patients who where wanting to know more information about programs we offered.
The best in nonprofit health care
Administration (Current Employee), YakimaAugust 20, 2013
Pros: benefits, coworkers, mission
Cons: there is a lot of work to do.
I've been working in health care for a decade. YVFWC is by far the most generous and healthy place to work. Budgets are always tight, and management decisions aren't always well-received, but no one doubts the integrity of leadership or the direction of the organization.

All companies will have their detractors, but they are hard to find in the day to day bustle of this work environment. Everyone is dedicated to the patients and clients we serve. I have heard many administrators say, "We are going to ensure a prosperous future by providing the absolute best care." When an organization directly ties its success to care rather than margins, I know I've found a home.
YVFWC
HIM Imaging Clerk (Former Employee), Yakima, WAJune 15, 2013
Pros: full-time and bennefits
Cons: management
Working for this company did present me with the opportunity to learn and grow by pushing my own skills in being a self-starter. However, constant use of management's questionable tactics, lack of ethic and favortistm created a tense environment. As far as co-workers, as with any place, there are always those individuals you relate with best. The hardest part of the job was definitely the pressure and uncertainty of the work hours impossed. The best part of the job was having the opportunity to earn more income during certain ongoing project executions.
Headquarters