Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic

Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic Employee Reviews in United States

One of the most toxic environments on earth
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 6, 2016
This is one of the most toxic environments I have ever been a part of. It is like being in high school again. The management plays favorites with employees that have been with the company longer. I went in every day and gave 100% and in the end, I was "rewarded" with being fired on the last day of the month. Since they did it this way, my insurance ended on that same day, completely screwing me up because of the medications I take. And all of this was just days before my birthday. All of the reports and statistics they gave me as to everythings I was doing wrong was complete BS. Bottom line, I know I did the best job with the resources they gave me. I say good luck for anyone who chooses to work in that place.
Pros
good insurance, good pay
Cons
understaffed

Comment – March 1, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic wasn’t a good fit. You have our best wishes in your current and future endeavors.

Great Co-Workers but Management Needs a LOT of work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 11, 2015
I have only been with this company since March but in that time, there has been so much turnover at the management level. Communication is a joke and the supervisors don't care about their employees. Constantly violate the terms of my contract. The people that actually work though, (medical assistants, referrals people, etc) are all great people to work with. They truly care about the patients and develop good working relationships with others.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Very Poor Management/Communication

Comment – March 1, 2016

We are aware that in our recent-past, this clinic has needed to improve its communication with staff in order to better clarify roles and expectations. In 2015, a new clinic administrator and provider team has ushered in a culture of renewed communication, clarity, and focus. We thank you for your input and hope you’ll continue to work with your local supervisors and HR business partner to ensure our continued improvement.

Stay away. Management is clueless and horrible!
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Yakima ValleyJuly 4, 2015
That place is the most toxic work environment I have ever seen. The upper management uses nasty tactics and stupid methods to run that company which should have been a better place. Working there might be tempting because it is nonprofit organization, and if you are a pharmacist like me then you might like the idea of having no metrics. However, there is a lot of politics, technicians spying on each other and on pharmacists, and the senior pharmacy director might ask you to sign a statement against one of her pharmacy managers during your training period. It was so stupid and nasty management that I hate mentioning that place on my resume. I was hired by a retail chain after I left that place and I could not be happier! at least the upper management has some sort of accountability where I work now.
Pros
Work Life balance
Cons
Horrible management

Comment – February 29, 2016

As an organization, we work diligently to increase transparency, improve the employee experience, earn the trust of staff, and further foster integrity throughout the organization. As a result, we have measures in place to equip our supervisors and management with the tools they need to be the best leaders possible, including a six-year supervisor training program. The training program covers topics from effective leadership to learning how to hire the best employee for the job. We take every opportunity to learn from all feedback. Thank you for sharing your personal experience as we continue to improve the experience for all our employees.

Lincoln ave
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJuly 2, 2016
I m a former employee.. the management in the office played alot of favortism. My ex co worker would come in late be on her cell phone making personal calls coming into work reaking of alcohol and when someone would bring it up to management we were told on to the person we complained about. Because they where friends. It made it worse. So i left.
Till this day it still plays that roll in that place.
Doctors where all nice. I liked working with them. And some of the others. But hated to go to work everyday because of the favortism in my department. Made it bad
Benefits are good...

But drama is high!!
Cons
Favortism in departments lack Professionalism
Great place to work.
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMay 31, 2016
I have worked at this organization for more than a year now. I have been able to see and meet many of our staff, providers and administrators at all levels of the organization, and we all have one thing in common: the true desire to better our communities.

The pay is competitive and there are constant opportunities for personal and professional growth. Supervisors are given the opportunity to become better leaders with many training courses.

The overall experience of working here has been the best I've had in my professional career so far.
Pros
Great co-workers, great mission and great work.
High pace work enviroment but poorly managed
Document Imaging Clerk (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJuly 21, 2015
This is a high paced work environment. Constant work flow. The co-workers are all family oriented and respectful. Management is very poor. She doesn't like to lead by her own rules. Very hypocritical. Almost like a dictatorship. No relating with her employees, she makes it very clear she's above us and untouchable. The hardest part is they are not lenient with obstacles of daily life like taking time for kids or illnesses.

They also do a lot with the community which I enjoy. The community jobs program is amazing. They help so many people get ready for the work place and educate for future opportunities.

I love working for this organization and hope to see it grow and change to better fit their employees needs as well at their clients.
Pros
great benefits and very diverse
Cons
poorly managed

Comment – November 18, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. As a current employee, we want to strongly encourage you to reach out to your Human Resources Business Partner at ext. 3600. As you mentioned, you are eager to see the organization grow and change. We share that desire. Thank you for everything you do for our patients.

Good place to work for!
Dental Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAMarch 28, 2016
Good organiztion to work for, great benefits. Process in counter on a daily baisis. Love to work with all my co-workers they are very helpful.
Applied, received offer, accepted mutually and then offer rescinded
IT Epic Applications Lead (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WADecember 9, 2015
This was a general good experience to interview. I really liked them, flew in for a couple of days and met everybody. I received their offer and during my relocation (I literally had all of my things packed, moving booked, hotel and flights booked) they rescinded the offer with no reason. All of my pre-employment screening was fine.

I tried to recoup some of the money I spent for this but they denied it and basically screwed me over.

Do NOT work for this company.
Pros
Interview, people
Cons
Do not keep their word and are shady

Comment – March 1, 2016

Our vigorous background and reference checks are key to hiring only the best and most qualified candidates. We are sorry you felt the process anything but professional, comprehensive, and transparent.

Horrible, clueless, uncaring management
Provider (Former Employee) –  undisclosedMay 7, 2015
Anyone reading these reviews might be tempted to pursue employment with the company. However, you might notice those who are in management and management support are the ones that think it is such a great place to work; providers (MDs and especially NPs and PAs) almost universally hate the management. CEO did have a great vision when he began but now he has become completely out of touch and clueless. And that divide between those that do the primary work of the organization - the providers- and management is huge. Management cares about one thing only; production. Nobody cares if you do a good job taking care of the patient and you are not evaluated based on giving excellent patient care but on how many patients you see and on whether you are "popular" and "well-liked." As a provider, you are given an unrealistic number of patients to see, which leads to poor patient care and burnout. Work-life balance? Nonexistent. If you have small children as I do, you will never see them. If you are wanting a job in management or in management support, it is possible to carve out a manageable existence with the company - you will get a lunch break, you will likely leave on time. Not so if you are a provider. If you are a provider, DO NOT work for this organization. You have been warned.
benefits
Cons
everything else

Comment – November 18, 2015

With the implementation of Epic as our new Electronic Health Record, we understand that 2015 has been a challenging year. One of the primary goals for moving to a new EMR system was higher satisfaction and a greater work-life balance for our providers. You may be pleased to hear that post-go live, providers are working less from home, which enables them to spend more time doing the things they enjoy, such as spending time with family. Provider satisfaction and work-life balance was one of the deciding factors when we chose to move to Epic. We hope that you are satisfied in your new position and genuinely thank you for your feedback.

Comment – March 16, 2016

Regarding management's rebuttal to my review: Completely untrue! The few providers that I left behind have informed me that Epic has made it WORSE, not better. Management will lie in attempt to manipulate those that work for them. This is a truly EVIL organization.

High Stress Environment
HR (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAMarch 23, 2016
Some days are extremely enjoyable, while others are miserable. I loved the work I was doing, and my colleagues were awesome; however, many supervisors determine how your days go by the mood that they are in.
Poor Management
Epic Systems Application Coordinator - Ambulatory (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAApril 14, 2015
Upper Management - Will never investigate issues, but use information from trusted sources who can do no wrong. Never gets involved with his team so he will never have all the correct information.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Management

Comment – November 18, 2015

We appreciate your time in providing us with your feedback on your experience with YVFWC. It is unfortunate that your experience here wasn’t a more positive one. We take feedback on Indeed very seriously and thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. We value all of our employees and put systems in place to ensure that all voices are heard. YVFWC provides a means for employee concerns to be escalated through our leadership structure, either through direct communication with your supervisor/director or a Human Resources team member. With feedback, we learn where additional areas of growth and improvement might be needed. We will continue our commitment to improvement. Again, thank you.

Rosewood Family Health Center - horrible management
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rosewood Family Health CenterJune 1, 2014
Similar review to the one from Toppinish. Great people but horrible management. A lot of provider turn over due to poor support and resources. I worked for the company for 6 years and was terminated by a new clinic administrator who had only been there one year. He is a poor manager and administrator but still the corporation supported his decision to terminate a long standing provider who actually made the corporation money. Rosewood has gone through 9 providers in 4 years and the company can't figure out how to retain providers. They pay poorly and benefits are not up to community standards.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Horrible Bosses!

Comment – February 29, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. Provider satisfaction and retention has been a key component of our strategic plan, in fact Provider Retention continues to be a corporate goal for long term viability. We know our employees are truly our most valuable asset and without providers we wouldn’t be able to serve our communities. We recognize that great supervisors are crucial for retention. We’ve made some significant changes over the past year. Additionally, all supervisors undergo a rigorous six-year management training program to ensure that our supervisors have the skills they need to be effective. Thank you for your time filling out your review. We are committed to continuously improving our work environment.

The best in nonprofit health care
Administration (Current Employee) –  YakimaAugust 20, 2013
I've been working in health care for a decade. YVFWC is by far the most generous and healthy place to work. Budgets are always tight, and management decisions aren't always well-received, but no one doubts the integrity of leadership or the direction of the organization.

All companies will have their detractors, but they are hard to find in the day to day bustle of this work environment. Everyone is dedicated to the patients and clients we serve. I have heard many administrators say, "We are going to ensure a prosperous future by providing the absolute best care." When an organization directly ties its success to care rather than margins, I know I've found a home.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers, mission
Cons
There is a lot of work to do.

Comment – February 29, 2016

We are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying your employment with YVFWC. With the many, many people and families who need our services, you are correct that there is always a lot of work to do. If you ever have ideas on how we can continue to improve, please reach out to your supervisor or HR Business Partner at ext. 3600. Also, be sure to let us know if any of your friends or family would like to join our team. We love employee referrals!

Good people bad management
Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Toppenish, WaApril 16, 2013
I was with the organization for 6 years. The first 5 were pretty good until a new manager was hired and it all went downhill from there. A new management strategy was enacted and bully tactics and micromanagement are now the norm. If you speak your mind about the double standards practiced by management you will be singled out and pushed out the door. There is a tremendous turn over rate at this organization. 7 supervisors in 6 years is not something to brag about but these facts are simply swept under the rug and ignored. The people at the peer level are some of the most talented and qualified people in the industry. But then the incompetence among some of the management is seemingly encouraged and promoted by the organizations leadership. If you want to see your tax dollars frivolously wasted on bad ideas and over spending then this is the place to work.
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
bad management
Good company but poor management
Document Imaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  Yakima HIMJune 25, 2014
I worked for YVFWC several years before moving into a Document Imaging Clerk position at HIM. The position looked very promising and seemed like something I would enjoy however once in the position I was very wrong. Right from the beginning there was no sense of organization as well as lack of communication between the supervisors to the staff. Policies and procedures were constantly changing without notifying the staff therefore making it extremely difficult to be able to properly do my job. There was constant tension between the department due to gossip. The director and supervisor played favoritism which played a huge part in the tension as well. The amount of MANDATORY OT was absolutely ridiculous. At first it's was fine but after awhile became to much to handle. The best thing about working at HIM would be some of the friendships I was able to walk away with. Transferring into this department was the worst mistake I have made. I would only suggest pursuing a position in this department as a way of getting your foot in the door to transfer to another position within the organization.
Benefits
Cons
Mandatory OT, poor management, tense work environment

Comment – November 18, 2015

We are very sorry to hear that the transfer wasn’t a positive experience for you. We genuinely wish we would have had the opportunity to address your concerns while you were part of the YVFWC team. Our supervisors are key to keeping and attracting the best staff. Our six-year supervisor training program has been strategically created to ensure that our supervisors have the skills they need to be effective. We will use your feedback to inform future supervisor training. Thank you for your time to give us this feedback.

Very busy clinic.
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunnyside, WAOctober 7, 2015
Patients are mostly hispanic farm workers as the name would suggest. Generally high volume, 100-125 patients weekly. Work through an interpreter if not bilingual.

Comment – February 29, 2016

Thank you for your response. We wanted to share just a little more information. In 2014 we had 643,000 encounters with 140,000 individuals. 67% of our patients are Hispanic/Latino and 865 of our medical patients list at 150% of the poverty level or below. For more information about YVFWC visit www.yvfwc.com

Mon-Fri, 8 to 6, helping patients take better care of themselves.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Toppenish, WAAugust 3, 2015
8 to 6 work day, co-workers work as a team providing services to our patients, most enjoyable part of job is that at the end of the day I feel good to have been able to have helped someone take better care of themselves.
Pros
Remodeling, will soon have a new pharmacy...No weekends..
Cons
Per Diem, not full-time

Comment – November 18, 2015

Your support and dedication to our patients is greatly appreciated. It is people like you who make our organization what it is. We are constantly looking for talented individuals with the heart and passion to carry the torch of our mission and vision. Continue to check our job listings for a fulltime position. Thank you!

family oriented and fun place to work
phone interpreting (Current Employee) –  Walla WallaSeptember 11, 2013
Family Medical Center is a great place to start a career, this is the place that helped me decide what I want for my future. When I come in for the day, I am greeted by everyone. It is a joy to come in and see everyone working hard and smiling all the time. I like to see that all my co workers take pride in their job and love their patients. The only part I felt has been difficult for me is the slow hours when there is not many patients needing my help. So I feel like the hours go by slow. One of the most enjoyable parts of my job is working with one of the healthcare providers. He has got to know me pretty well and I feel I have a great mutual connection with him and most of his patients.
Pros
pot lucks
Cons
n/a

Comment – November 18, 2015

We are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying your employment with YVFWC. If you ever have ideas on how we can continue to improve, please reach out to your supervisor or HR Business Partner at ext. 3600. Also, be sure to let us know if any of your friends or family would like to join our team. We love employee referrals!

Yvfwc
HIM Imaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 15, 2013
Working for this company did present me with the opportunity to learn and grow by pushing my own skills in being a self-starter. However, constant use of management's questionable tactics, lack of ethic and favortistm created a tense environment. As far as co-workers, as with any place, there are always those individuals you relate with best. The hardest part of the job was definitely the pressure and uncertainty of the work hours impossed. The best part of the job was having the opportunity to earn more income during certain ongoing project executions.
Pros
Full-time and bennefits

Comment – November 18, 2015

We appreciate the time you took in writing us this feedback. As an organization, we are dedicated to constantly improving all aspects of our care. This includes the care of our staff.

medical facility where you work as a team to benefit others.
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAOctober 29, 2014
I have acquired to be a skilled advocate, effective in stressful environments requiring personal diplomacy and meditation among conflicting groups.
Excellent telephone skills, able to work independently, as well as part of a professional team: able to interact and communicate effectively with the public in person and by telephone: ability to complete delegated activities, projects, and committee functions within appropriate time span: and the knowledge of medical terminology.
Bi-lingual English/Spanish with competence in both oral and written. Full spectrum coordination and scheduling of patient referrals to outside agencies including follow-up to ensure that referral appointments were kept and reports are received.
Pros
a place where you are allowed to learn and advance within the corporation

Comment – February 29, 2016

We appreciate the time and effort it takes to leave feedback on your experience at YVFWC. We are thrilled that your experience with the organization has been positive. We hope that the skills and knowledge you acquired here are continuing to serve you well. We are happy that we are able to create an environment that allowed you to learn and grow. Thank you for being part of the mission and vision of the organization.

2.9