Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital

Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

understaff to save money
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WADecember 21, 2016
Purposely does not hire for current openings to save money, and does not take into consideration the safety of staff. Administrative staff do not acknowledge the legitimate concerns.
Pros
Respected by co-workers
Cons
Concerned for safety issues
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WANovember 18, 2016
Really flexible, willing to accomodate your schedule for school. Easy to apply and if you need help they are willing to help you fill out the application.
was a positive environment however
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  WAOctober 3, 2016
working in the kitchen; often good,as dietary aid they nit-pick like say you are filling a glass to 6oz and its correct but because it doesn't look up to the line they gripe, it is the correct way but they still don't care its what that pacific person wants and they'll act grumpy all day if you stand up and say look this is correct.Also to many managers or people with authority not enough regular workers. all in all the problem lies in management and it often seems they want whats best for themselves and not the overall group of employees. smell and sanitary problems in dish washing room is also bad.
Pros
3$ lunch including side and dessert for only kitchen or cafe workers
Cons
management terribly dirty dish room.
Quality health care system in smaller rural setting
RN Case Manager/Transitional case manager (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WASeptember 28, 2016
I enjoyed the years I worked at yvmh
They are a quality organization
I worked in a variety of positions for them
I would recommend them as an employer
I left as my husband retired and we moved to the cascade mountains
Pros
Office enviroment, fun co-workers
Cons
Staffing not by acuity, no on call or fill in staff
Teamwork Works
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WASeptember 2, 2016
The staff worked together cohesively to create a stress free experience for patients. Each job had one employee to complete in a timely manner, coworkers were always ready to step in to cover for each other. Teamwork was an important tool for completing all required steps for the patient to go from consultation to testing to treatment without a hitch.
Pros
Cooperation between coworkers, great supervision
Cons
Lack of communication from management
Great Coworkers with goal of patient care
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WADecember 12, 2015
A good place to work, but with few opportunities to advance. Not the best work-life balance. Wonderful supervisor who did her best to provide opportunities, but sadly just not available at that hospital.
A day in the kitchen
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WANovember 17, 2015
Working well with others and helping customers with a great customer service personality is what makes this job a great one.
My Experience
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WANovember 13, 2015
Loved working for Yakima Memorial. Probably the best job I have ever had. My coworkers were awesome, benefits were fantastic and everyone was always willing to help.
Good
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAOctober 29, 2015
I had early am shifts. So the child had to be fed breakfast. Am bathing and dressing. Along with his medications. And physical therapy sessions. I worked solo. Hardest part was when i left due to my personal stress involvement.
Pros
ALWAYS LEARNING
Cons
N/A
Great Workplace
Medical Receptionist-Pre Operation Clinic (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAOctober 6, 2015
Management was great, quality benefits. Strong non-profit with great potential to move up. Ever growing company with amazing CEO.
favorite place to work
Supervisor Gabriel (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAMarch 2, 2015
I had a great time working here at the hospital. The staff was very friendly and I really like helping peoples. I learned on the high cleaning and safety points witch the hospitals have. A typical day at work will be ill have to clock it by phone and using a pass code and then put my things into my locker. Then go upstairs to the housekeeping room to get the cart to restock it and then go to the list wall is what they called it to get the list of room that i would have to do for the day or night. sometimes we would go out of the hospitals to the outside buildings around the hospital witch we also cleaned. Witch made us to us our vehicles to go to the building. when we get there we would have to chick in the office by using nthe phones that were in the buildings that we were cleaning.
Steady work for a lot of years, loved working there
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAFebruary 24, 2015
I started out as a release of information clerk there sent from an outside source to do their copying of records. I eventually got on directly at memorial medical records at the front desk, where i helped walk-in customers, answered phones, faxed, copied, helped physicians' with their charts, etc. I eventually got promoted to the title of Chart Completion Coordinator. That job was making sure all of the physicians at the hospital completed their charts on time and such. I also did a lot of data entry at this job. I was the person that entered all of the information in for any baby born at the hospital to send to olympia for the birth certificate. I loved working here.
Productive, Fun and tightly bonded.
Childrens Village Medical Records Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WASeptember 27, 2014
I loved working for The Springs. My co workers were my second family, and I feel as though I was able to take care of my surroundings and duties very well. I learned to schedule and manage our therapists clients here. Mingling and managing the care and time of appointments for our patients was my favorite part.
Progressive responsibilities, advancement.
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAApril 23, 2014
This company has taken me from being a scanner in the emergency room to being an in-house transcriptionist. The doctors and therapists I worked with were very helpful if I had questions about a procedure or medication that I did not understand, or that I was checking to be sure it was accurate. I have set my own hours for working to where the transcriptions could be done in a timely manner and were ready in 24 hours. The hardest part of the job is understanding certain parts of any dictation on the phone, considering the different types of dictators. I enjoy working with people or working by myself. I have enjoyed all the different personalities that I have dealt with in this job.
Pros
Good team work, excellent benefits.
Cons
Lack of communication, no job security.
good place to work
ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAFebruary 23, 2014
good place to learn and work with great people who are knowledgeable and willing to help teach.
Great place to work, learn, and grow!
Staff Nurse, Charge Nurse, and House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WADecember 12, 2013
I spent ten years at YVMH. I started out as a nurse's aide through a program whereby YVMH taught students to become nurse's aides. With YVMH support, I attended to become an RN. I eventually became a charge nurse in the emergency department and a nursing supervisor. I was encouraged and helped every step along the way in my career path.
Good hospital
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WASeptember 3, 2013
good place to work, good coworkers, nice hospital

busy hospital.
A team with community values.
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WANovember 14, 2012
A plethora of non-functioning equipment work orders, some of which present the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job-when there is operator caused malfunction that requires me to help insure the operator learns how to correctly utilize whichever widget is in question.

As a bmet my day is pretty much self directed, but I do have goals set by management that I must meet.

I have learned that it is important to know the expectations of the different accreditation bodies as those requirements are priority.
Pros
never missed a paycheck
Very fun place to work
Transport/Lift Team Member (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 12, 2012
Worked with helping patience in getting to there location in the hospital as far as x-ray or cat-scan. Helping out in procedures with the doctors on patience. My manager was very helpful with anything we needed help with.
Pros
learned a lot of new things
Cons
was let go
Staff are genuine people to work with.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAFebruary 3, 2012
Overall a good place to work. Competitive wages. Friendly people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3