Yale Enforcement Services, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

They always have work.
Armed Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2016
Office Management in the Tampa office sucks. Monkeys could run it better. They work you to death with little turn around in between shifts.
Pros
They have overtime.
Cons
No good training
don't work here
Guard (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 12, 2016
This company is crazy. Low pay, long hours, no benefits. Guards work over 16 hrs a day, and are told by management if you don't stay then you don't have a job. I worked 5 days for 16 hours/day.
And on my day off, was called and told I had to come to work, told them I was with my kids, and again TOLD to come in now. My supervisor said " I don't care who your with, we come first, take one for the team". I came in, but just to drop off my uniforms. They don't seem to care about LABOR LAWS!!!
Pros
Cons
everything
They lie about pay! False advertising
applicant (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 9, 2016
They advertise a high pay online and when you attend their job fair they offer a significantly lower pay that advertised.
Cons
False advertising
Low pay high nonesesne
Retail guard (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 5, 2016
Minimum wage to stand around for 8 hours being sometimes cussed or laughed at while asking people to see their receipts when they start they walk out of the store. You try to cover as many leaving as you can but you always have those that slip past you while your concentrating on others. Someone has stuff that does not add up on the receipt you are tied up getting someone to confirm and more get past you. Those that get past you that stole something you get called on the carpet yet your not supposed to be proactive or intervene but yet told to be assertive in stopping people to check things. I tired to be passive and just ask those that past me but started getting flack about not walking up to people which just makes them that more likely to be mad. One person can't do this on peak hours. Got tired of being the stores comedy relief for 8 something an hour and decided to go back to driving for a while.
Pros
Weak paycheck
Cons
Hype, cons of being in a career, low pay, high liability, no incentive
Poor excuse
Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 26, 2016
Well I know they don't drug test because one officer I know smokes weed and drinks while on patrol. Poor wages he makes 11.35/hr
Who cares about the Employee
Security Officer/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILDecember 21, 2015
My first year in, my now wife and I were planning our Wedding. during this time I suffered a reduction in hours from 39-20hrs per week. This forced me to find that second job. This was rediculous.
Good Security Company
Security Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 15, 2015
I love the vehicle and my patrol responsibilities. Love the awesome uniforms. What I like is that Yale allows you to do your job and empowers you to be the Security Enforcement Officer you can be. Very well put together company.
Pros
good company to work for.
Cons
of course pay can always be better but that applies across the board to all security companies
Good Work Enviroment, Everyone is very Professional.
Hospice Security, (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILDecember 13, 2015
Everyone up in anagment is professional and respectful. Things get done right. They work well with your schedule when needed.
Pros
Yearly Bonuses
Cons
No vacation
Great stepping stone into law enforcement
Unarmed Hospital Security Officer (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 3, 2015
Everyday is different, if you like various changes, quick-fast environment then this job is it. Training is thorough and it is paid.
Pros
Holiday pay, set shifts
Cons
No lunch breaks, high turnover rate
Job Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 21, 2015
I was hired in at a guaranteed 36 hrs a week and out of the blue had my hrs cut from 36-16. I can not support my family on such low hrs and pay.
Security Professional
security officer (Former Employee) –  Roeland Park, KSNovember 4, 2015
Not enough locations to work in Kansas, I patrolled the business from the outside, providing customer service, and emergency assistance.
good company to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2015
Yale was a very good company to work for it was challenging at times getting vehicles at post that worked but I think that was because the mechanical was short staffed.
Time well spent
Non Commissioned Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXOctober 17, 2015
I was able to meet new people and see parts of Houston I never knew existed. I worked alone most shifts. The animals that were around the areas I patroled were too much for me.
not a good job to be at
security officer (Former Employee) –  miami floridaOctober 5, 2015
I worked for this company they are unfair to their employees and we get under paid.they slaved us all the time in the hot sun The bosses are unreal i dont advise no one to work here.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no bathroom breaks and there is alot of snitchers in the work place
Everyday is a new day
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 29, 2015
One minute, your day seems slow and boring. The next minute, you get chaos and back up calls on the walkie talkies. You always have to be on alert and never let your guard down. If you like that kind of job, this is the one to take. You look out for the visitors, the protection of the patients, and your fellow guards. The only flaw was when the hospital does budget cuts, your hours are the first to go.
Pros
fun and exciting
Cons
pay and budget cuts
a veryfun place to work for. management is on-point. all my coworkers are fun and amazing.
security offcer (Current Employee) –  Palms West Hospital, Loxahatchee ForidaAugust 31, 2015
you never know what you're going to get into when you walk into work. Everyday is different. You never know who you're going to meet. My coworkers make my day great just because everyone is so welcoming and friendly. management is on-point. best company to work for!
Pros
amazing coworkers, good management, friendly staff
Cons
long hours, short breaks
Yale Enforcement is a very respectful company to work for.
Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILAugust 17, 2015
SUMMARY

Highly trained security officer who excels in performing duties to maintain the safety and welfare of the public or private sector. Sergeant rank that performed duties including supervising up to five full time equivalents. Specialized in logistical settings, mobile surveillance and traffic control.
 Proven ability to optimize decisions making skills to uphold the highest standards of safety.
 Ability to solve complex problems without assistance to include basic investigative duties.
 Computer skills include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
 Builds strategic relationships with clients, co-workers and supervisors to develop innovative business solutions which deliver a positive effect on bottom line performance.

EDUCATION
• Section 35-45 for a Proprietary Security Force
Homewood-Flossmoor High School, Flossmoor, Illinois
Diploma 2007

EXPERIENCE

YALE ENFORCEMENT SERVICES INC., Westchester, Illinois 9/2012 to Present Sergeant
Responsible for supervising lower ranking officers at a logistics distribution center. Ensures that all contents and assets of the site are secured and that potentially harmful, dangerous or unsafe situations or conditions are anticipated and quickly addressed
• Train new security personnel on logistical site security
• Inbounding and out-bounding tractor trailers at delivery/receiving gate.
• ID checking for all
  more... incoming persons, checking and logging visitors
• Yard checks looking for anomalies such a broken fences, lost trailers and broken or missing trailer seals, checking pump house water levels and outside door locks.
• Calling Police and Fire department in case of emergencies or trouble alarms.
• Supervising officers in accordance with company policies and performing duties as required.

AMERICAN SECURITY, Chicago Illinois 6/2011 to 7/2011
Temporary Security Officer
Served as a temporary security office patrolling and inspecting property against fire, theft and vandalism. Walked perimeter of warehouse securing “key points” hourly. Filed truck inspection reports and maintained hourly contact with dispatch.

KELLY TEMPORARY SERVICES, Joliet, Illinois 5/2011 to 6/2011 Temporary Material Handler/General Warehouse
General factory worker who assembled parts, packaged product, and moved product into storage bins or onto dock in preparation to be shipped. Other duties included making boxes, general quality control processes, and basic data input.
A&R SECURITY, Blue Island, Illinois 9/2009 to 11/2010 Security Officer – Mobile Patrol
Security Officer responsible for opening the mall and greeting guests, maintaining customer safety, fire protection systems and retail theft and vandalism at Lincoln Mall in Matteson, IL. Typical duties also included walking Mall perimeter, bathroom and store checks and video surveillance of common areas. Basic mobile patrolling of outbuilding and parking lot safety.
FAMILY CHRISTIAN CENTER, Munster, Indiana 1/2008 to 3/2009 Security/Traffic Control Officer
Weeknight security officer responsible for walking the interior perimeter, securing doors, and general surveillance of the site. Performed outside mobile surveillance and perimeter checks watching for vandalism and/or theft of company assets. Weekend shift included traffic control, cone placement for temporary traffic lanes, parking lot security and general safety of the public during peak attendance.

OTHER SKILLS
• Continue to Volunteer as a traffic professional for special events at Family Christian Center, Munster, Indiana
• Executive Audio Visual Producer Certification
• Hobbies include basket, football, volleyball, watching movies, and cooking/grilling
Yale Enforcement is average.
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 9, 2015
Yale Enforcement Services, Inc. is family owned business and can be a fun environment to work in. It is all dependent upon where you are in the company and which branch location you are a part of.
Pros
Excellent Vacation/Comp
All over great company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 16, 2015
I love this company. It was a wonderful experience and I hated leaving it but I had to move back to Tennessee to be closer to family. This company operates in a way that everyone knows that they are appreciated and that they are important.
Pros
Your ablilities can shine
this company needs help!
security officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2015
`lacks supervision in dallas office. They dont pay enough. and they just are a good company to start with....but then u gotta move along

2.9