Yale Enforcement Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Employees and supervisor are great!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 13, 2017
I've worked at this company for a couple of years and I love working in the hospital. We have a really great team here. My only complaint would be the lack of benefits. You can get a ton of overtime if you want it.
Pros
great team and great supervisor
benefits
Easy job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 11, 2017
Easy job if you do EXACTLY what you need to do to fly under the radar. Otherwise you'll clash with management. Management is a pain to deal with.
You will get hours.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 7, 2017
Try to get a permanent post and do not become a flex officer unless you need a lot of hours and have no social life. You will get 40 hours of work. The job posts can vary from easy to nightmare. It can be normal to go months without speaking to your supervisors. Scheduling can be erratic. The management will bend over backwards to accommodate you but you must return in kind.
Overall I enjoy my employment and am grateful to have a flexible and reliable job with this company.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Erratic hours
wnderful place to work
security officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 31, 2016
Really nice place to be employed at. You learned how to work well with others and as with just yourself. had a chance to meet a lot of people in the community. Secured parking lot area as customers coming and going out of the facility'
Pros
woking alone and being independent
Cons
the night hours and nothing toprotect myself with
Manager of NE WI (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 15, 2016
Not a good company to work for. Management rarely around. Owners are not involved at all. Officers are left to do a job with minimal pay. Required to be on call 24/7 without being paid to do so.
I like the company ,they are caring people
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 29, 2016
i enjoyed working for that company.the only thing i didn't like to much is the travel. it would have been better if they offered benefits.
Pros
good pay
Cons
travel
Yale Enforcement was a delight!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 27, 2016
I really liked working here! The management team was great! The sites that they placed me at, had great people to work with. Everything was fantastic!
Pros
Pay, team
Cons
Ended too soon
Low pay/ horrible accounts
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2016
Worked here only one year after this company bought out my previous company and it was downhill from there! No vacations or benefits and they don't care about their guards.... If this company buys your company out start looking for an exit immdediately!!! Horrible management, can't call off for nothing they are very unpredictable!! DONT WORK HERE!!! Rarely receive holiday pay!!!
Pros
Cons
Low pay/ no benifits/ no vacations
Schedule employees over night and monitored ptz's for Fed Ex all over the country.
Communication Center Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILSeptember 14, 2016
This was mostly an overnight job. It was hard to keep awake at times because we were staring at computer screens clicking one button for 10 to 12 hours shifts.
Pros
the workers.
Cons
inconsistent work schedule
NOT for Security Professionals
Senior Security Officer - Corporal (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2016
I desired a career as a Security Professional due to job security. Security may be outsourced but NOT exported. DO NOT start your career with Y.E.S.!!! They have that same old cheap customers. If they buy out your company... RUN! I have 6 different Regional Managers and the office positions were like hot potato game. They only do unarmed post but encouraged me to get my armed license. After which they stalled and delayed my certification due to fear I would leave the company. I worked 7 different posts due to loss of contracts from companies they bought and being used as a Flex Officer without the pay. The goal of a security professional is to train and advance. The computer-based training (CBT) is the only highlight. However, you will have to email/call/fight to get your pay for CPR/First Aid and CBT training. You may advance to Senior Security officer, but you will have to fight to get your Corporal stripes once training is complete. Technically, any Field Officer may be Corporal once they complete requirements. However, security culture is that Corporal is a Site Supervisor... Yale doesn't have any Site Supervisors and runs skeleton crew of Field Supervisors who are all Master Sergeants. Minimal pay, minimal advancements and minimal job satisfaction. Yale is for entry level security officers who are retirees or disabled who already have income and no ambition. You will put in paperwork for time off and you won't hear anything or you will get approved only to have it declined without notice or approved but officer covering you doesn't show up. I had to cancel  more... several advance plans with my child and a major holiday cause there was no one to cover my shift!  less
Pros
Easy entry level, easy jobs and anywhere anytime Computer Based Training.
Cons
Low pay, no advancement, no job security
They always have work.
Armed Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2016
Office Management in the Tampa office sucks. Monkeys could run it better. They work you to death with little turn around in between shifts.
Pros
They have overtime.
Cons
No good training
don't work here
Guard (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 12, 2016
This company is crazy. Low pay, long hours, no benefits. Guards work over 16 hrs a day, and are told by management if you don't stay then you don't have a job. I worked 5 days for 16 hours/day.
And on my day off, was called and told I had to come to work, told them I was with my kids, and again TOLD to come in now. My supervisor said " I don't care who your with, we come first, take one for the team". I came in, but just to drop off my uniforms. They don't seem to care about LABOR LAWS!!!
Pros
Cons
everything
They lie about pay! False advertising
applicant (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 9, 2016
They advertise a high pay online and when you attend their job fair they offer a significantly lower pay that advertised.
Cons
False advertising
Low pay high nonesesne
Retail guard (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 5, 2016
Minimum wage to stand around for 8 hours being sometimes cussed or laughed at while asking people to see their receipts when they start they walk out of the store. You try to cover as many leaving as you can but you always have those that slip past you while your concentrating on others. Someone has stuff that does not add up on the receipt you are tied up getting someone to confirm and more get past you. Those that get past you that stole something you get called on the carpet yet your not supposed to be proactive or intervene but yet told to be assertive in stopping people to check things. I tired to be passive and just ask those that past me but started getting flack about not walking up to people which just makes them that more likely to be mad. One person can't do this on peak hours. Got tired of being the stores comedy relief for 8 something an hour and decided to go back to driving for a while.
Pros
Weak paycheck
Cons
Hype, cons of being in a career, low pay, high liability, no incentive
Poor excuse
Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 26, 2016
Well I know they don't drug test because one officer I know smokes weed and drinks while on patrol. Poor wages he makes 11.35/hr
Who cares about the Employee
Security Officer/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILDecember 21, 2015
My first year in, my now wife and I were planning our Wedding. during this time I suffered a reduction in hours from 39-20hrs per week. This forced me to find that second job. This was rediculous.
Good Security Company
Security Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 15, 2015
I love the vehicle and my patrol responsibilities. Love the awesome uniforms. What I like is that Yale allows you to do your job and empowers you to be the Security Enforcement Officer you can be. Very well put together company.
Pros
good company to work for.
Cons
of course pay can always be better but that applies across the board to all security companies
Good Work Enviroment, Everyone is very Professional.
Hospice Security, (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILDecember 13, 2015
Everyone up in anagment is professional and respectful. Things get done right. They work well with your schedule when needed.
Pros
Yearly Bonuses
Cons
No vacation
Great stepping stone into law enforcement
Unarmed Hospital Security Officer (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 3, 2015
Everyday is different, if you like various changes, quick-fast environment then this job is it. Training is thorough and it is paid.
Pros
Holiday pay, set shifts
Cons
No lunch breaks, high turnover rate
Job Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 21, 2015
I was hired in at a guaranteed 36 hrs a week and out of the blue had my hrs cut from 36-16. I can not support my family on such low hrs and pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yale Enforcement Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7