Yale Enforcement Services, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

don't work here
Guard (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 12, 2016
This company is crazy. Low pay, long hours, no benefits. Guards work over 16 hrs a day, and are told by management if you don't stay then you don't have a job. I worked 5 days for 16 hours/day.
And on my day off, was called and told I had to come to work, told them I was with my kids, and again TOLD to come in now. My supervisor said " I don't care who your with, we come first, take one for the team". I came in, but just to drop off my uniforms. They don't seem to care about LABOR LAWS!!!
Pros
Cons
everything
Low pay high nonesesne
Retail guard (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 5, 2016
Minimum wage to stand around for 8 hours being sometimes cussed or laughed at while asking people to see their receipts when they start they walk out of the store. You try to cover as many leaving as you can but you always have those that slip past you while your concentrating on others. Someone has stuff that does not add up on the receipt you are tied up getting someone to confirm and more get past you. Those that get past you that stole something you get called on the carpet yet your not supposed to be proactive or intervene but yet told to be assertive in stopping people to check things. I tired to be passive and just ask those that past me but started getting flack about not walking up to people which just makes them that more likely to be mad. One person can't do this on peak hours. Got tired of being the stores comedy relief for 8 something an hour and decided to go back to driving for a while.
Pros
Weak paycheck
Cons
Hype, cons of being in a career, low pay, high liability, no incentive
Good Security Company
Security Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 15, 2015
I love the vehicle and my patrol responsibilities. Love the awesome uniforms. What I like is that Yale allows you to do your job and empowers you to be the Security Enforcement Officer you can be. Very well put together company.
Pros
good company to work for.
Cons
of course pay can always be better but that applies across the board to all security companies
They lie about pay! False advertising
applicant (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 9, 2016
They advertise a high pay online and when you attend their job fair they offer a significantly lower pay that advertised.
Cons
False advertising
Everyday is a new day
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 29, 2015
One minute, your day seems slow and boring. The next minute, you get chaos and back up calls on the walkie talkies. You always have to be on alert and never let your guard down. If you like that kind of job, this is the one to take. You look out for the visitors, the protection of the patients, and your fellow guards. The only flaw was when the hospital does budget cuts, your hours are the first to go.
Pros
fun and exciting
Cons
pay and budget cuts
Who cares about the Employee
Security Officer/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILDecember 21, 2015
My first year in, my now wife and I were planning our Wedding. during this time I suffered a reduction in hours from 39-20hrs per week. This forced me to find that second job. This was rediculous.
Great stepping stone into law enforcement
Unarmed Hospital Security Officer (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 3, 2015
Everyday is different, if you like various changes, quick-fast environment then this job is it. Training is thorough and it is paid.
Pros
Holiday pay, set shifts
Cons
No lunch breaks, high turnover rate
Poor excuse
Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 26, 2016
Well I know they don't drug test because one officer I know smokes weed and drinks while on patrol. Poor wages he makes 11.35/hr
Good Work Enviroment, Everyone is very Professional.
Hospice Security, (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILDecember 13, 2015
Everyone up in anagment is professional and respectful. Things get done right. They work well with your schedule when needed.
Pros
Yearly Bonuses
Cons
No vacation
a veryfun place to work for. management is on-point. all my coworkers are fun and amazing.
security offcer (Current Employee) –  Palms West Hospital, Loxahatchee ForidaAugust 31, 2015
you never know what you're going to get into when you walk into work. Everyday is different. You never know who you're going to meet. My coworkers make my day great just because everyone is so welcoming and friendly. management is on-point. best company to work for!
Pros
amazing coworkers, good management, friendly staff
Cons
long hours, short breaks
not a good job to be at
security officer (Former Employee) –  miami floridaOctober 5, 2015
I worked for this company they are unfair to their employees and we get under paid.they slaved us all the time in the hot sun The bosses are unreal i dont advise no one to work here.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no bathroom breaks and there is alot of snitchers in the work place
Time well spent
Non Commissioned Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXOctober 17, 2015
I was able to meet new people and see parts of Houston I never knew existed. I worked alone most shifts. The animals that were around the areas I patroled were too much for me.
Job Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 21, 2015
I was hired in at a guaranteed 36 hrs a week and out of the blue had my hrs cut from 36-16. I can not support my family on such low hrs and pay.
good company to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2015
Yale was a very good company to work for it was challenging at times getting vehicles at post that worked but I think that was because the mechanical was short staffed.
Security Professional
security officer (Former Employee) –  Roeland Park, KSNovember 4, 2015
Not enough locations to work in Kansas, I patrolled the business from the outside, providing customer service, and emergency assistance.
Don't waste your time
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  St Louis AreaJune 8, 2015
Pay is horrible, a lot of the employees are not dependable. They show up when they want with no repercussions. I believe the company lies to the company they contract about the wages they pay. They like to work you long hours without a break. There is no chain of command. You have to pay for EVERYTHING. $200 for a HAND ME DOWN UNIFORM. You can go to a police supply store and get brand new uniforms for cheaper. They say their rate of pay is comparable to other companies. But they pay $.50 above minimum wage. I'm glad I don't work there anymore. They don't stand up for their employees either. That's why I left.
Cons
Yale Enforcement is average.
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 9, 2015
Yale Enforcement Services, Inc. is family owned business and can be a fun environment to work in. It is all dependent upon where you are in the company and which branch location you are a part of.
Pros
Excellent Vacation/Comp
All over great company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 16, 2015
I love this company. It was a wonderful experience and I hated leaving it but I had to move back to Tennessee to be closer to family. This company operates in a way that everyone knows that they are appreciated and that they are important.
Pros
Your ablilities can shine
Cons
Nothing to really summarize at this time.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 11, 2015
A day at work included observing parking lot activity at Walmart Stores, to insure customers have a pleasant shopping experience. Management/supervision was poor, very seldom if at all would you see a supervisor and little or no support from the office. I enjoyed my peers and had a good working relationship with them. The job itself was not hard at all, just observe and report. Assisting the customer on a daily basic was the most enjoyable part of the work day.
Pros
Cons
See Review
Produuctive, inspiring, and fun group
Mobile Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILMay 22, 2015
My typical day at work is I drive to various job sites to monitor officers in their daily work assignments. This requires me to perform quality control of site, perform a uniform inspection, and sign off on officers daily logs.
I've learned how to deal with other peoples issues, as well as developing my coping skills, which has translated into me becoming a well rounded employee, and person.
Management is very attentive to the needs of officers in the field, as well as their well-being.
My co-workers are dependable as well as fun to be around, because we as supervisors are a tight knit group
The hardest part of my job is dealing with traffic at various times of day.
The most enjoyable part of my job is leaving our clients satisfied with the job "we" do for them.
Pros
Freedom to make decisions that have a positive impact on productivity, and other peoples lives, and livelihood.
Cons
None at this time

2.9