As one of the largest privately held security firms in America, Yale Enforcement Services, Inc. is dedicated to providing our clients with the leading physical security, life safety and remote video intrusion detection solutions. Our security, technology and managed services capabilities afford immediate solutions for today's fast-paced business environment. Our goal is to provide reliable managed services that propel customer success thus allowing you to do what you do best - concentrate on your primary core business.
We are currently seeking a Technical Support Specialist.
Overview of Position:
Deliver high quality, Level I technical support for troubleshooting clients-server software, hardware, VoIP and network-based issues for our Corporate and Branch Office environments. The candidate should be a flexible and resourceful professional technician possessing strong communication and customer-service skills bolstering a solid and diverse technological aptitude to identify and resolve the root catalyst for reported issues, as well as being willing to develop technical competencies to install and maintain hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Takes ownership of issues with hardware, software, and operating systems and work to expeditiously resolve them
- Provides desk-side and remote assistance to Yale Enforcement Services, Inc. Offices.
- Clearly articulates activities and documents solutions to issues in ticket system
- Escalates problems when appropriate
- Supports emerging and evolving technologies (desktops, laptops, smartphones and other handheld devices, etc.)
- Gathers and shares knowledge/experiences with colleagues and management
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and system groups
- Research technologies and attend training to keep current with latest technologies
- Assumes duties of Technical Support Specialist I
- Provides after-hours and on-call on a rotation schedule
- Assists Level III technical support/Network Operations assignments as directed
- Works on project-based assignments, including as project lead
Preferred Experience & Credentials:
- One to three years experience working in a technical support capacity for a diverse customer base using various evolving technologies
- Competent knowledge of computer desktop, laptop, and mobile hardware, operating systems; networking, remote access, client-server and thin client technologies
- Experience supporting Microsoft Active Directory
- Help Desk Professional or equivalent certification required (A+, Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician, Help Desk Institute)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written) skills
- Possess a customer service-based attitude
- Exhibit self-sustaining initiative
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and creativity to resolve issues
- Ability to multi-task various (and sometimes conflicting) priorities
- Ability to operate in fast-paced environment with a sense of humor and positive demeanor
- Advanced technical troubleshooting skills
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts in a non-technical manner
- Convey a professional image to the business community at all times
- Strong documentation and research skills
- Patience and ability to train customers with technological solutions
- Desire and aptitude to learn new technologies quickly
- Commitment to contributing to team environment and company vision
- Professional maturity to operate independently without constant supervision
- Self-confidence to present own ideas and perspectives to management
- Ability to interact effectively with people at every level of the organization
- Valid driver’s license
*Ability to physically lift and carry approximately forty (40) pounds
The ideal candidate will possess the ambition to contribute to company initiatives immediately and adapt quickly to our challenging IT environment. If you meet our qualifications and are interested in continuing to grow within an innovative, highly successful organization, we encourage you to explore this exciting and challenging opportunity.
Please indicate salary requirements when replying. Yale Enforcement Services, Inc. is an EOE employer.