Yale New Haven Health

Yale New Haven Health United States Employee Reviews

Home Visitor
Home Visitor (Current Employee), New Haven, CTApril 27, 2015
Pros: Great learning and experience opportunities.
Cons: No aknowledgement of my Bacherlors
Fun place to work. Finishing my bacherlors and would like to obtain employment at a place where i can best utilized my skills.
See attached
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee), New Haven CTApril 1, 2015
I would say that this a great job and would recommend this Hospital for anyone looking for employment. Everyone is treated fairly.
YNHH
Clinical Nurse I (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMarch 31, 2015
Great co-workers, great benefits, pay for parking and get shuttled in; understaffed on nights. Training and new graduate RN residency are good.
Friendly environment but main physician was abit head strong
Go-Live Consultant (Former Employee), Fairfield, CTMarch 23, 2015
We supported everyone in the department including the nurses, physician and the front desk. Front desk was a pleasure to work with . Same with the nurses. The physician was a little bit difficult to work with but we succeeded in helping her integrate into EPIC seamlessly.
LOVING ENVIRONMENT
PCA (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMarch 17, 2015
GREAT WORK PLACE,PATIENT SAFETY COME FIRST. REALLY ENJOYED WORKING FOR THIS GREAT HOSPITAL. ALWAYS ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT WITHIN THE COMPANY, TUITION REIMBURSEMENT AND MUCH MORE.
Innovative organization
Master Patient Index Coordinator (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMarch 2, 2015
Pros: employee benfits, education and support services
Cons: middle managment needs further education on fresher mangerial techniques
Innovative organization that is always seeking better ways to support the community. There are support services for employees such as for grief, adoption and financial services.

Overall Yale is a great place to learn and work.
Very Political Place,unprofessional hiring team
LPN (Former Employee), New HavenFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: work close to home, good benefits, good networking, education reimbursement
Cons: poor management structure; poor hiring process, different process in all their offices
Yale is growing for sure. There are many opportunities for many health care professionals to choose from, the problem is the hiring process. You will first meet with the HR department and they will have you sit with the department manager. The department manager has your resume and letters of recommendation, with evidence of a great work ethic, a punctual status, complete detail of the personality and cross-trained in different specialties. The department manager is asking questions already spelled out on the reference letter and resume. Some of these managers are asking a seasoned LPN if he/she knows how to take a blood pressure and asking about customer service. The position most likely being interview for is a float position. The manager states being in the float position requires someone who can transition from place to place. This is a great opportunity for the new hire, so what is the problem here?

I have to wonder if the managers are being trained properly. Several questions the managers ask are simply amazing. Also, the training process is very undesirable. Yale will place you with someone he/she thinks will be a good trainer and then that person is on the phone with his/her mother, gossiping with co-workers, complaining about the weather and then goes back and tells the manager the person they sent her/him is not working out well.

Try to get a log-on ID right away! Ha! you'll wait for about 2 months, cause someone in the management department is really not on top of your process nor does it really seem like he/she cares enough.
It is such a disarray of problems and – more... issues. The training process is very disorganized and Yale will have you go to many different offices with different people, and guess what, everyone has his or her own interpretation of how to fill out the EPIC screens or how to ask the patients regarding the history, medication taken and so on.

It is an enigma Yale has not implemented a professional and direct approach with formal policies and procedures to ensure an universal work ethic. The hiring process should be uniform across the board and should not deviate. A training check-list should be implemented and a competent manager should ensure all new hires are being trained efficiently.

I shiver to think about the patient's chart and how disorganized and incomplete it can become, if not already.

A company is only as good as the workers on board. – less
High Volume
Clinical staff (Current Employee), Heart and VascularFebruary 9, 2015
Great place to work. Great benefits. A place that provides job security. This is a high volume institution with many opportunities for advancement.
Solid employment, great job, great benefits, difficult to advance
Senior Data Analyst (Current Employee), New Haven, CTFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: ability to work independently without micro-management.
Cons: work - life balance is difficult
I do not have a "typical" day at work. As a senior analyst, my job changes daily. With the exception of a few reports, I do not know what my week will be like. I have been here 15 years in June and have learned so much here but can't advance past my current level. Because of low turnover, it is very hard to find a position that places me in the next pay grade.
NOT my favorite Job
MEDICAL COLLECTOR I (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: received medical billing and coding experience
Cons: wish i was at actually hospital would have had a better experience
worked hard working conditions were poor mold in building
Worked for the hospital at a remote location for a temp position
Working for the hospital was great
The temp position and building was very poor and advancement was easy just a little unprofessional
management was great at hospital the management at the temp office was poor a lot of times if I had a issue or needed help I had to self teach my self managers were not knowledgeable of hospital protocols.
the most enjoyable part of my job was completing each account
very good personnel
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: benifits are excellent
Cons: management is under alot of pressure
The job is very good, the enviroment is okay. The company high volume. with high expectation
Learning new things
Referral Representative (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 18, 2015
This job has giving me the opportunity to learn new things.This job rewarding since I have the opportunity to work with cancer patient's. The director is really a down to earth person and truely cares about the staff I really appreciate her.
Good facility
Registered Nurse PACU / ER (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 8, 2015
Excellent facility to learn and perfect your nursing skills
Great Learning Opportunities
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 29, 2014
-Quick paced environment with many learning experiences

-Management can use improvement

-Learned how to compound medications

-Learned how to navigate the hospital
Excellent place to work, team work, support to nurses
RN Postpartum floor WP10/11 (Former Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 17, 2014
Pros: team work, pip, rn participating in many projects
I worked at YNHH for more than 5 years as an RN at the postpartum unit, it was an excellent experience. As an RN i was able to participate as a member of the Staff Nurse Council representing 2300 nurses of the hospital changing nursing practice. The salary was excellent as well the benefits. The manager of our unit was very caring and a good team leader. My co-workers were very knowledgeable and helpful, the most enjoyable part of my jobs were interacting with families and helping babies with breastfeeding.
Great staff, caring and supportive people to work around.
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee), New Haven, ctDecember 17, 2014
Pros: health benefits, the pay and the improvements of technology.
Cons: out grown this area of employment
A typical day at work is meeting the different people in and around the hospital prior to going into the OR. My work is challenging as we get the day rolling, I see to it that everyone as Anesthesia care providers give the proper care both mechanically and safely for the patient.
I have learned many things in my years at Yale. I learned what it means to put my private life behind the doors at home and divide my work priorities first and foremost in order to satisfy myself and supervisor.
Management has changed my life and I have appreciated the change to see it improve the care of the patient.
My colleagues have made our team what it is today stemming from long road through time and experience in order to make the inner environment what it is today.
The hardest part of my job, is to understand the importance of time management and efficiency.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the job security.
very produtive and I am a people person
Radiology Care Assistant (Current Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 9, 2014
Pros: you can eat off your bagde
Cons: half hour lunch
A very nice place to work some days it can be boring but you make the best of it. I've learned that in the health field there's always room to move up. the management team is assume, and the co-workers are great, the hardest part of the job is when theirs no nurse around which is rare, the most enjoyable when it's time to go home.
Experience was phenomenal
Environmental Services Associate (Former Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 2, 2014
Pros: coworkers i have grown to love
Cons: breaks and favortism
Great environment, steady atmosphere, lovely people and a terrific experience. Management was touch but that's expected in that type of environment. The hardest part of my job was trying to grow throughout the company. Most enjoyable part of my job was the people that I have helped and the ones who also helped me!
Without question one of the best Hospitals in the world and it was an honor to work for them
Staff RN (Former Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 21, 2014
Pros: the people that i worked with
Cons: the people that i worked with
variable each day and will for the most part involve working with patient population as described above
Supervising the in and outs on a daily basis.
Mammography Supervisor (Former Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 8, 2014
Pros: being able to help patients
Making sure all patients were cared for in a pleasant atmosphere and in a timely matter. Yale made me a better mammography as they are a teaching hospital.

1 2 3 4 5