Yale New Haven Health Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and very education place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hew Haven,CTJune 17, 2016
Fun place at time, like working alongside with my colleagues and learning from them. There's to many changes on a daily base and to many layoff and its all about the number
Overall I am having a great experience with working for Yale
Cater To You (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 13, 2016
As a Cater to You associate i have to deliver the patients food in a timely manner. I have at least 30 mintues to build a truck and to hand out the patients food. At times I have to build two trucks and manage two floors. I learned all the different diets, and what patients can eat and drink, and what they can not have to eat or drink. The Management team is awesome. They trained me the first day i arrived and made sure i was prepared to handle the job. The hardest part of job is to make sure that i do not feed a patient who is NPO. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the dieticans.
Best Place to Work
Manager Logistics Operations (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 7, 2016
This is one of the best place that anyone could find to work, where you are the main piece for every puzzle.
Your opinion really counts, where they really apply their values, diversity, you can see it and live it since you cross the door. Respect, there is nothing to say about it, they treat you as you really want to be treated.
Summer clinical
Student (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 5, 2016
I had the pleasure of doing my Summer clinical rotation at Charlotte Hungerford Hosppital during the Summer of 2015 while attending NVCC for respiratory care.
Fantastic experience
Director of Retail (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 27, 2016
Working on Broadway and 42nd street in NYC was a real adrenaline rush, Skadden was the largest law firm in the world at the time I worked there, they wanted the best of everything and they got it. I had the best client who also became my friend. The only con was that I lived in CT, took the 4:30 am train into GCS for 6:02 am, if there was a night function, which was at least 3 times per week, I wouldn't get home until close to midnight and have to get back in for 6:00 am.
Pros
Excellent client, top notch staff, great food
Cons
traveling into NYC daily
Great Place to work
Environmental Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 25, 2016
Wonderful experiences working there learned a lot about Ebola. Great benefits for the staff. Management could be more loyal to there peers.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Upper Management not supportive of supervisors
Yale new haven hospital i a wonderful place
OR Terminal Cleaner (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 16, 2016
Yale New Haven Hospital is a very nice place to work which is full of many opportunities for advancement at my job I take it serious we do terminal cleaning which I very helpful to the sanitary needs for the hospital. The most important part of my job is that I contribute to saving lives with my team by keeping the OR clan of germs.
Great place to gain experience in healthcare
Business Associate II (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 29, 2016
I was able to join a team of people who cared about their patients and the co-workers around them. Doctors and nurses were very kind and always remained professional.
great work envirment with great teamwork
Cash Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 27, 2016
I enjoyed working at Yale if I hadn't relocate I would still work there. The leadership was all about teamwork and listening to employees.
The co-workers I had became more like a family.
Pros
healthcare benefits, chance for dvancement
Cons
building was in a rough neighborhood
This is a very important job as patiant care is affected by the staffs need for working systems 24/7.
Sr. Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 21, 2016
Every day here is an adventure. You never know what is going to happen. So times there will be a software or hardware issue that will effect some or all of the hospitals I have learned to work with other groups within the hospital whether it would be in IT department, medical staff, building services or venders to implement projects. I work with a good group of people in the Desktop support group. We work well together and help each other. The hardest this is having to work in a area where a family is grieving the lose of a family member.
The most enjoyable part is fixing a problem that has been a long standing problem that no one else has been able to resolve.
Pros
good paying company
Cons
over an hour drive from my home to work
Excellent work environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 15, 2016
Great work environment. Excellent benefits, and management truly cares about it's employees. Salaries are fair and career advancement is always encouraged
benefits
Cons
parking
Very productive, fun place to work.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 30, 2016
All employees are very helpful. They make every person on the building feel welcomed. I have learned so much just in a years time of volunteering. Even as a volunteer you feel part of the team.
Great workplace with many opportunities for lateral and upward mobility
Senior Auditor, Business Practice (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 28, 2016
A day in the office requires both planning and flexibility, independence, professional skepticism, drive, persistence and ongoing face-to-face, written, and oral communication to provide support, recommendations, and feedback to team members, internal and external customers, and keep management up-to-date on various mission critical and operational initiatives.

Over the years, I've been given many opportunities to strengthen my expertise in MS Excel, MS Access, annual Audit Work planning and Report writing, becoming the go to employee for various consults, creating and providing guidance on various reporting analytics (SAP Business Objects and Epic) for end-users, leading audits and reviews independently, presenting to and collaborating with senior management on numerous initiatives. I've learned if you are a self-starter and a team player, opportunities to challenge yourself and others will be handed to you on a silver platter. Persistence pays off tremendously.

Management encourages each exempt employee to have an open door policy as well as weekly one-on-ones with our manager for formal and informal discussions.

I could not have asked for better co-workers. The hardest part is navigating the culture and the most enjoyable part is seeing how each YNHHS employee makes a difference in the lives of its patients and employees to meet and exceed the needs of the local and international communities that YNHHS serves.
Pros
Patient-centered, Diversity and Longevity is highly valued, Family-centered
Cons
CT cost of living and rising CT taxes
Great first job. Good medical benefits. No holidays or weekends required.
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 28, 2016
My first job out of HS. Absolutely loved this job. Learned medical terminology. Worked closely with radiologists and referring physicians. Enjoyed everything about the job. The volume of work was heavy but our breaks were scheduled and sufficient. The cafeteria was excellent. We were not required to work weekends or holidays. Pleasant atmosphere. Great co workers.
Pros
Good benefits, Monday thru Friday workweek. Good atmosphere.
Cons
Had to pay for parking.
Great working environment as a pca
PCA (Patient Care Assistant) (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 28, 2016
I have worked here for two years and still am . The hospital is huge and in my opinion the best !!! We receive patients from other hospitals all the time and on my floor we take very good care of our patients. We work together well as a team and know the importance of team work . The pay is good with bonus each year depending on our scores and yearly raises. All the perks are excellent and Yale takes very good care of their patients and workers !!!! I love my job there and would recommend it to everyone as long as you are willing to do your job and work hard !!
Pros
Being part of one of the best hospitals and all the perks
Cons
Paying for parking and the business of downtown new haven
Very intersting and exciting place to work.
Environmental Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 17, 2016
Working at Yale New Haven hospital was a very pleasant experience! I enjoyed meeting new people, cleaning patient rooms, and I was happy to be making a decent amount of money per hour. Management were awesome and the co-workers were good to me. Like any other job, you had some people who were kind of different but overall, it is a good place to work. The hardest part of the job had to be when I was assigned to work on the kids with cancer floor. It was such an emotional experience. half the time, I didn't want to go in the room and clean, it was very sad. The most enjoyable part of the job were that my mom worked in the hospital as well, so getting to see my mom at work everyday was pretty awesome! I was on employed here for two months before I decided to go to film school in Los Angeles. So many people thought I was out of my mind for leaving such a great job but whatever plan GOD has for me, it didn't involve me working at the hospital at that moment in my life.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Witnessing deaths and cleaning up blood spills.
Excellent work place
Personal Care Assistant, Oncology (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 4, 2016
Yale is the best work place. They care about the employee. And will help in any way they can to get you to know the aspects of your position.
Pros
A huge work place with huge helping people
Cons
It seems as though your day goes by to quickly
The Quality of your experience will depend on the department
Nurse (Current Employee) –  New HavenFebruary 24, 2016
You have to keep in mind that Yale New Haven Health Systems has over 20,000 employees, and therefore, although it has been recognized as one of the state's best places to work, it all depends on the department in which you work. The place is massive with many departments. It can't be all good. There are some departments that have a higher staff turnover than others: Environmental Services, Medical Records, Child Life Program, Care Management Department, etc. to name a few. This is a clear indication that those places are not great places to work. Also, in terms of advancement for those who are non-clinician, the picking are slim and competitive. Anyone who is not a clinician is not as valued as a nurse, doctor, physical therapist, etc. But again, it all depends on the individual department, but Yale New Haven over all is a great employer, with great benefits, job security, and awesome professionals to work among. Be very, very careful with the departments mentioned above though. There has to be a reason for the turn over. Good luck!
Pros
Great Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Overworked Management translates into underappreciated workers
Acceptable work envronment
Food Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 16, 2016
working at Yale has given me a greater appreciation for what it is that I do. Working with food and caring for the ill has fortified my knowledge and awareness.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Not enough work hours.
Stable and largest employer in the area
DEPARTMENTAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 15, 2016
Benefits excellent - hospital great place to work.
Worked in several areas of the department that I was in and was challenged and satisfied.
Benefits
Cons
Too large at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yale New Haven Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2