Yale New Haven Health Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
CT Scan Technologist (Current Employee) –  Guilford, CTFebruary 3, 2016
Ct Technologist, 37 years of service. RT(R)(CT)(ARRT)

Long time employee. Good place to work. Cutting edge technology.
Pros
solid work enviroment
Great place to Work
Infection Preventionist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 23, 2016
Great place to work. Good coworkers. Great home life and work balance. Management is very connected and engaged with employees, patients, issues, and trying to make the culture better.
overall at this new position
Referral rep (Former Employee) –  Long Wharf, New Haven CTJanuary 19, 2016
At this present position, I schedule x-rays, ultra sounds, clinics.
I schedule the children for OT PT and speech. I check insurances and all demographics.
benefits
Cons
Rewarding job. With a high level of expectation
Chemistry Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 8, 2016
The specimen workload is heavy. You are expected to work by yourself and as a team. I learned how to micromanage. The co-workers were somewhat helpful. Most people didn't want to bother talking to or be involved with any other employee. The hardest part of the job was figuring out what was expected of you. the best part of the job was the satisfaction of helping those in need.
Pros
Amazing guests
Cons
Difficult to decifer what was expected
Patience and co workers are great!
Assist the radiation therapists (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 20, 2015
Work was fine and the experience is wonderful. The hardest part was becoming so close to patience's whom were dying or have died. The enjoyable part was to see them happy and smile!
Pros
Cons
New Management
exciting, always meeting new people
Phlebotomist, Medical Laboratory (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 14, 2015
Very busy and always on the go. You learn something new everyday, pride in being part of someone's health and getting them better.
Pros
always something new and different going on
Cons
Having to stay overnight if bad weather
the most enjoyable part of the job
Teacher Daycare Center (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 12, 2015
greeting families in the morning , children giving great hugs and warm smile from loving parents that knew that their children would be cared for and loved throughout the day while they were working. Sharing and becoming part of their families.
Internship
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 5, 2015
Worked hard to get acknowledgement from my managers and directors. Made grants. I was loved by administrative department.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Short period
It's Great
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 4, 2015
I have an extensive background within the medical field. I have had interactions with all sorts of the patient population from infants, adolescence, adult, elderly, mental health illness, cancer patients as well as research participants. I abide by all HIPAA guidelines and fully uphold patient confidentiality. I know that I would be a great asset to your team and a great fit for your company.
great place to work, great diversity
Registered Nurse (RN Adult Emergency Department) (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 30, 2015
Great company, great management. great diversity in company, great benefits, cant ask for a better place to work. started off in new grad program, received amazing training
Nice company to work for
Payroll Associate (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 19, 2015
I like the department I work in and the group of people I work for. I only wish the salary matched the work load and it was easier to advance. I love the motto and what the Health System stands for and the way it helps the community a lot. I will say that even though the salary may not match the duties they do show a lot of appreciation for their employees but hosting free functions and giving employees nice gifts.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 13, 2015
Great place that takes care of it's patients. Offers great benefits for it's employees. If clinical there are a plethora of opportunities.
SENIOR SPANISH MEDICAL INTERPRETER AND TRANSLATOR (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CT 06484October 12, 2015
Excellent Care, Costumer Service, Mission Statement, professional development. Team work, Great Interpreter Program, support from management, Great environment to work in, Medical Setting to learn about the medical Field at its best.
Busy Busy Busy
Associate Scheduler, Diagnostic Radiology (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 22, 2015
All work no play. Continuous work with expectations of you being a robot. Good compensation aside from everything else.
Educational and Beneficial
Business Associate/Observation Associate (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 20, 2015
After 4 years of working here I've met many helpful and kind people and also learned a wide array of skills. Definitely a wonderful place to work. Oh and their benefits are good.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  New HavenSeptember 19, 2015
Yale New Haven Hospital is a great company to work for and to gain experience in the work field. I have been with Yale for over 7 plus years.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
GREAT place to work
Contracted Exec Assistant to VP of Finance (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 16, 2015
One of my favorite positions was working with Yale New Haven Hospital. Fun and fast paced environment working as an Executive Assistant for the CFO of Finance in Behavioral Health while E.A. was on medical leave. Full utilization of my skills on a regular basis. Unfortunately as this was a temporary position, I was not able to secure anything further. Would return at any time.
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Temporary position
Great staff and co-workers, caring, loving, helpful
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  New Haven CtSeptember 9, 2015
Very long days of 12.5 hours although goes by fast. Caring for critical patients on ventilators, cancer patients, ETOH patients, Overdose, much more. Many EKG, Blood cultures, attending all Codes on floor. I have learned so much when it comes to critical blood lab results, how to care for one who needs gentle care under a serious situation. Learned a great deal of information about Respiratory situations. Management always their to back you up and give a helping hand. Most amazing co-workers I have ever worked with. Hardest part of our job is loosing a patient and that happens atlas 2-3 times per month, from old to young. Most enjoyable part is helping one and seeing them get better and have a smile on their face before leaving the Medical ICU. I also enjoy working with my second family(co-workers). We have a wonderful system and team players are certain.
Pros
WOW bucks(free Lunch), amazing team to work with, enjoying going to work, friendly enviroment
Cons
Not many but if I had to say one it would be short staffed at times.
Fast paced, and very informative.
Phlebotomy Extern (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 3, 2015
Fun and fast paced place to work. I learned a lot in the short time I was an intern there. Co-workers and management were very helpful in every way.
Fun culture- work hard, play hard
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 17, 2015
I love being a part of Yale New Haven Health System since it's a fun and dynamic organization. Everyone is so nice and easy to get along with throught the whole hospital. I've experience a lot of changes within my 8 years there and I'm always up for any challenge.

4.2