Yale New Haven Health

Yale New Haven Health Employer Reviews

Learning new things
Referral Representative (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 18, 2015
This job has giving me the opportunity to learn new things.This job rewarding since I have the opportunity to work with cancer patient's. The director is really a down to earth person and truely cares about the staff I really appreciate her.
Good facility
Registered Nurse PACU / ER (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 8, 2015
Excellent facility to learn and perfect your nursing skills
Great Learning Opportunities
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 29, 2014
-Quick paced environment with many learning experiences

-Management can use improvement

-Learned how to compound medications

-Learned how to navigate the hospital
Excellent place to work, team work, support to nurses
RN Postpartum floor WP10/11 (Former Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 17, 2014
Pros: team work, pip, rn participating in many projects
I worked at YNHH for more than 5 years as an RN at the postpartum unit, it was an excellent experience. As an RN i was able to participate as a member of the Staff Nurse Council representing 2300 nurses of the hospital changing nursing practice. The salary was excellent as well the benefits. The manager of our unit was very caring and a good team leader. My co-workers were very knowledgeable and helpful, the most enjoyable part of my jobs were interacting with families and helping babies with breastfeeding.
Great staff, caring and supportive people to work around.
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee), New Haven, ctDecember 17, 2014
Pros: health benefits, the pay and the improvements of technology.
Cons: out grown this area of employment
A typical day at work is meeting the different people in and around the hospital prior to going into the OR. My work is challenging as we get the day rolling, I see to it that everyone as Anesthesia care providers give the proper care both mechanically and safely for the patient.
I have learned many things in my years at Yale. I learned what it means to put my private life behind the doors at home and divide my work priorities first and foremost in order to satisfy myself and supervisor.
Management has changed my life and I have appreciated the change to see it improve the care of the patient.
My colleagues have made our team what it is today stemming from long road through time and experience in order to make the inner environment what it is today.
The hardest part of my job, is to understand the importance of time management and efficiency.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the job security.
very produtive and I am a people person
Radiology Care Assistant (Current Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 9, 2014
Pros: you can eat off your bagde
Cons: half hour lunch
A very nice place to work some days it can be boring but you make the best of it. I've learned that in the health field there's always room to move up. the management team is assume, and the co-workers are great, the hardest part of the job is when theirs no nurse around which is rare, the most enjoyable when it's time to go home.
Experience was phenomenal
Environmental Services Associate (Former Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 2, 2014
Pros: coworkers i have grown to love
Cons: breaks and favortism
Great environment, steady atmosphere, lovely people and a terrific experience. Management was touch but that's expected in that type of environment. The hardest part of my job was trying to grow throughout the company. Most enjoyable part of my job was the people that I have helped and the ones who also helped me!
Without question one of the best Hospitals in the world and it was an honor to work for them
Staff RN (Former Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 21, 2014
Pros: the people that i worked with
Cons: the people that i worked with
variable each day and will for the most part involve working with patient population as described above
Supervising the in and outs on a daily basis.
Mammography Supervisor (Former Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 8, 2014
Pros: being able to help patients
Making sure all patients were cared for in a pleasant atmosphere and in a timely matter. Yale made me a better mammography as they are a teaching hospital.
hard work
Foodservice Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 5, 2014
Pros: good pay, if only asked to do your job description
Cons: good luck getting a lunch break
typical was stressful. demands as soon as you walk in the door. couldn't even reach the time clock before someone needed something. Learned that some parts of the job will get done and some won't.
Busy, demanding, independent work environment
Central Sterile Tech Trainee (Current Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 9, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement, flexible hours
Cons: strenuous manual labor
A typical day at in Yale's Central Sterile department is walking into chaos and using all eight of your arms and legs to meet the needs of current running surgeries and preparing for the up and coming cases for the rest of the day and the next day.

Yes one big run on sentence in short.

I learned that everything isn't always what it seems. I also learned that you should be prepared for anything.

working in that environment is like going to high school all over again. There are cliques, gossip, and drama, but it is all expected.

The most enjoyable part of the job is probably being able to set your own goals.
All coworkers and supervisors I've worked with at Yale New Haven Hospital were consummate professionals.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), New Haven, CTSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: benefits; location; learning opportunities
Yale New Haven Hospital is the forerunner in Health care in the Northeast.
All aspects of my two positions at this employer were 5 star experiences.

I learned a lot about Shared Governance, Health and wellness and how Electronically-shared medical records within the Hospital and provider network provides complete care to the patients.
rather not say
Collector (Current Employee), New Haven, CTSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: rather not say
Cons: rather not say
My typical day @ work 7:30-4 m,w,f & 9:30-6 t,th. this is how my day is...
Ambassador
Ambassador (Current Employee), New Haven, CTSeptember 23, 2014
I enjoy being an ambassador at Yale New Haven Hospital. I get to meet and interact with new people everyday and I enjoy serving my community.
Excellent Management
RN (Former Employee), New Haven, CTSeptember 22, 2014
Many high risk learning opportunities. Excellent collaboration among healthcare providers.
Nice Place Too Work At
Housekeeping (Current Employee), New Haven, CTSeptember 21, 2014
I Really Enjoy Myself Working At Yale ,My Coworkers Were The Best, I Really Learn A Lots Working For One Of The Number One Hospital In The World
Tremendous learning experience every day
Nurse Manager (Former Employee), New Haven, CTSeptember 16, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was the development of the nurse/patient relationship. This has continued throughout my entire employment. The hardest part of the job was maintaining a cohesive staff of very flexible individuals who were able to provide quality care to all patients.
Practicing in a large teaching hospital provided the greatest opportunity for learning medicine. The changes in medicine have been tremendous and never ceases to amaze me.
Not a fun placed to work
RRT (Former Employee), New Haven, CTAugust 27, 2014
Cons: mangement
Calls are monitored by people who has no clue what good customer service is
Patient Transport Associate (Former Employee), 20 York st. New Haven ct. 06511August 8, 2014
Yale New Haven Hospital is one ranked as one of the top hospitals in the country. I enjoyed coming to work everyday, the interactions with my co-workers as well as the patients made me come to love being apart of such a great company/organization.
Overall very happy working for Yale
IT Resolute Professional Builder (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJuly 28, 2014
Supported Community Connect clinics around the New Haven area. Brought up 13 new service areas for professional billing. Responsible for building all components of professional billing. Tested and validated build with end users. Trained and provided post live elbow support to users.

1 2 3 4 5