Yale New Haven Health

Yale New Haven Health Employer Reviews

very produtive and I am a people person
Radiology Care Assistant (Current Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 9, 2014
Pros: you can eat off your bagde
Cons: half hour lunch
A very nice place to work some days it can be boring but you make the best of it. I've learned that in the health field there's always room to move up. the management team is assume, and the co-workers are great, the hardest part of the job is when theirs no nurse around which is rare, the most enjoyable when it's time to go home.
Experience was phenomenal
Environmental Services Associate (Former Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 2, 2014
Pros: coworkers i have grown to love
Cons: breaks and favortism
Great environment, steady atmosphere, lovely people and a terrific experience. Management was touch but that's expected in that type of environment. The hardest part of my job was trying to grow throughout the company. Most enjoyable part of my job was the people that I have helped and the ones who also helped me!
Without question one of the best Hospitals in the world and it was an honor to work for them
Staff RN (Former Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 21, 2014
Pros: the people that i worked with
Cons: the people that i worked with
variable each day and will for the most part involve working with patient population as described above
Supervising the in and outs on a daily basis.
Mammography Supervisor (Former Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 8, 2014
Pros: being able to help patients
Making sure all patients were cared for in a pleasant atmosphere and in a timely matter. Yale made me a better mammography as they are a teaching hospital.
hard work
Foodservice Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 5, 2014
Pros: good pay, if only asked to do your job description
Cons: good luck getting a lunch break
typical was stressful. demands as soon as you walk in the door. couldn't even reach the time clock before someone needed something. Learned that some parts of the job will get done and some won't.
Busy, demanding, independent work environment
Central Sterile Tech Trainee (Current Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 9, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement, flexible hours
Cons: strenuous manual labor
A typical day at in Yale's Central Sterile department is walking into chaos and using all eight of your arms and legs to meet the needs of current running surgeries and preparing for the up and coming cases for the rest of the day and the next day.

Yes one big run on sentence in short.

I learned that everything isn't always what it seems. I also learned – more... that you should be prepared for anything.

working in that environment is like going to high school all over again. There are cliques, gossip, and drama, but it is all expected.

The most enjoyable part of the job is probably being able to set your own goals. – less
All coworkers and supervisors I've worked with at Yale New Haven Hospital were consummate professionals.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), New Haven, CTSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: benefits; location; learning opportunities
Yale New Haven Hospital is the forerunner in Health care in the Northeast.
All aspects of my two positions at this employer were 5 star experiences.

I learned a lot about Shared Governance, Health and wellness and how Electronically-shared medical records within the Hospital and provider network provides complete care to the patients.
rather not say
Collector (Current Employee), New Haven, CTSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: rather not say
Cons: rather not say
My typical day @ work 7:30-4 m,w,f & 9:30-6 t,th. this is how my day is...
Ambassador
Ambassador (Current Employee), New Haven, CTSeptember 23, 2014
I enjoy being an ambassador at Yale New Haven Hospital. I get to meet and interact with new people everyday and I enjoy serving my community.
Excellent Management
RN (Former Employee), New Haven, CTSeptember 22, 2014
Many high risk learning opportunities. Excellent collaboration among healthcare providers.
Nice Place Too Work At
Housekeeping (Current Employee), New Haven, CTSeptember 21, 2014
I Really Enjoy Myself Working At Yale ,My Coworkers Were The Best, I Really Learn A Lots Working For One Of The Number One Hospital In The World
Tremendous learning experience every day
Nurse Manager (Former Employee), New Haven, CTSeptember 16, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was the development of the nurse/patient relationship. This has continued throughout my entire employment. The hardest part of the job was maintaining a cohesive staff of very flexible individuals who were able to provide quality care to all patients.
Practicing in a large teaching hospital provided the greatest opportunity – more... for learning medicine. The changes in medicine have been tremendous and never ceases to amaze me. – less
Not a fun placed to work
RRT (Former Employee), New Haven, CTAugust 27, 2014
Cons: mangement
Calls are monitored by people who has no clue what good customer service is
Patient Transport Associate (Former Employee), 20 York st. New Haven ct. 06511August 8, 2014
Yale New Haven Hospital is one ranked as one of the top hospitals in the country. I enjoyed coming to work everyday, the interactions with my co-workers as well as the patients made me come to love being apart of such a great company/organization.
Overall very happy working for Yale
IT Resolute Professional Builder (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJuly 28, 2014
Supported Community Connect clinics around the New Haven area. Brought up 13 new service areas for professional billing. Responsible for building all components of professional billing. Tested and validated build with end users. Trained and provided post live elbow support to users.
my first job very vey good field to start at considring i was in high school
Technician Attendant (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches decent pay
Cons: n/a
the people were great the management was excellent the advancement was right one point
Excellent employer with growth opportunities
Senior, Central Communications Officer (Former Employee), New Haven, CtJuly 27, 2014
Pros: upward mobility, management listens to what employees have to say.
Cons: low turnover
Yale is a great place to work, with various schedules to fit any family lifestyle.
Making a Difference in Someone's Life
Coordinator, Material Services (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJuly 17, 2014
YNHH is not only a leader in healthcare but also in the community. From making life saving innovative medical procedures available to making home ownership possible for the employees, it is an institution that cares.
strong and productive company to work at
Autoclave Operato/rEnviormental Services (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJune 15, 2014
Pros: employer recognizes job well done
Cons: parking issues
Employer cares about the the employees from the highest paid to the lowest paid
Emergency Nursing
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee), New Have Ct.June 11, 2014
The ED is supported by the expertise of multiple medical and surgical specialties, all available to assist in patient management.

The busiest emergency department (ED) in Connecticut with over 132,000 visits annually, The Nursing at Yale-New Haven Hospital is to achieve excellence through continuous improvements and innovation. Inspires a culture that – more... sets new standards for patient care, and fosters a positive, collaborative working environment.

Yale-New Haven is a designated Level 1 adult and pediatric trauma facility, the first and only hospital in the state of Connecticut with this status. – less

1 2 3 4 5