Yale New Haven Health

Yale New Haven Health Employee Reviews

Great environment to work at
EPIC Credentialed Trainer - CPOE (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTFebruary 17, 2017
People were nice and easy to get along with. All worked together as a team. Was not micromanaged, was given support on decisions pertaining to the project.
Magnet Facility
RN, ICU (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 17, 2017
A magnet facility from the very meaning. All attributes of the work environment, administrative staff and work/life balance were above any other facility in my experience.
Benefits and compensation were above par and I truly loved working there.
Pros
Extreme support available ATC
Cons
Being a Magnet facility we received the sickest patients
Clinically tough
Registered Nurse, Medical Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 16, 2017
ICU, as it states, is very intense, Extensive orientation given and adequate support provided. 24 hr/day, 365 days/year schedule very hard for work/life balance.
Productive workplace, and team environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 14, 2017
The accounts payable department:

Organized
Good team environent
Structured

I'd advise anyone looking for a reliable job as a resume builder to look here.
Productive and great environment
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 7, 2017
I worked in the Pharmacy as a volunteer. Everyone was friendly and it was a great experience for me personally. I would highly recommend anyone to volunteer as well for a great experience.
Pros
Nice working people and free lunch as a volunteer
Cons
no cons
Great hospital to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 6, 2017
Great hospital to work for, especially as a new grad. Teaching hospital, great place to learn. Yale loves education and supports their staff.
Professional Work Place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 28, 2017
-busy days
-learning environment
-learned how to process specimens
-learned how to read requisitions
-learned patterns of veins and which was best to preform venipuncture
-92% success rate for venipuncture
-preformed EKGs
-preformed hand puncture
Productive & very beautiful place to work for
Patient Family Liaison (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 24, 2017
I absolutely love working for Yale New Haven Hospital. A typical day for me after clocking in would be, heading straight to my department and digging into the work I have for myself. Sometimes my job can be stressful. But, I always remember where there are downs... there will be ups.
Pros
10% Employee discounts on meals from the cafe, Employee appreciation dinners, Employee events, etc.
Cons
Breaks go by quickly, issues with anxious families, some doctors can be difficult.
Enjoy a variety of people, many cultures.
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 14, 2017
Review charts too be sure they are in the proper status: OP, IP, OBS Review with physicians. When patients are denied by insurance, I deal with the patient to explain the determination and do the paperwork. We deal with patients with alcohol related admissions through the Medicaid system in CT. My co-workers and managers are cooperative when it comes to completion of necessary work for the day. The most difficult part of my job is informing a patient that they do not have coverage for the admission or for short term/long term rehab due to the Medicare rules.
Pros
Work environment, salary
Cons
Distance I drive to work 50 miles one way
summary
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  20 york st nh ctJanuary 11, 2017
what I like about working at yale hospital i love with public
and co worker good salary the hardest part working in the er
dealing with patient
Helping the sick
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 9, 2017
Was a great environment to help those who were sick and not able to help themselves. Job kept you Thankful for life. Work here was nonstop
awesome place to work with great co-workers
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 29, 2016
i love working at Yale Hospital the Doctors,Nurses,and all Department work well together with made my work days go well.
Pros
safe environment
Cons
short lunch
Student Trainee
Clinical Student, Bridgeport Hospital, Bridgeport (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 28, 2016
I did my clinical training here. Very good training!! I did not work here. I was only a student. But it seems like a good place t work. Everyone was very helpful!
Professional but highly stressful place to work
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 18, 2016
I enjoy the autonomy, I am truly practicing in a collaborative manner. I work in a highly stressful environment, it is fun to work hard and give good care. It is not fun to have minimal support or follow-through in the department where I work. When consulting another department or specialty it is wonderful and collaborative. I am constantly checking to see if the doctors followed through with the consultants or my recommendations and usually, they don't. Very frustrating.
Pros
Very professional environment
Cons
Very expensive to practice here. No reimbursement for licenses and fees.
Great training and caring staff
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 13, 2016
I enjoyed my time there. The staff was great. The team work is impeccable. The patient care is amazing. The hospital is a geared toward advancement and show it but the way they train and support their employees
Managment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 11, 2016
Yale-New Haven Hospital is excellent with encouraging growth in the leadership of their employees. This company provides many beneficial resources for their employees to excel in their career. Yale-New Haven Hospital provided me with the opportunity to achieve my nursing license by supporting me financially, with their nursing forgiveness program and flexible scheduling.
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons
Lack of diversity within the nursing population
Volunteer positon
Assisting at day care center (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 10, 2016
Working with children and patients. Working with fellow volunteers, getting to know one another. The most enjoyable part of the job was bringing patients to various locations and making conversations.
A great place to work.
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 27, 2016
Productive and stable place of business. As an employee i enjoy the generous amount of PTO given. At YNHH SRC we are a family of employees that all work together for the good of the company.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
paying for parking
n/a
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 19, 2016
I love working for this company and I'm very thankful for all the opportunities given to me. Great place to work and grow.
Great place to growth professionaly
Senior Desktop Tech Support (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 17, 2016
A typical day at work starts by planning and prioritizing calls entered in the Remedy system. I have learned that delivering quality and excellent support benefits first,all patients in the Hospital who deserve the best treatment and medical assistance.
The quality of the management group guarantee the success of the IT support in all areas. A team-work policy implemented in the IT department ensures an excellent relationship with all co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is to keep high volume of calls down when a major issue occurs. Finally, the most enjoyable part of the job happens when a tech is recognized for he great work done to the end users.
Pros
Great place to work and escalate positions with excellent benefices.
Cons
Place that has 24-7-360 support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yale New Haven Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2