Yale University Employee Reviews

Good salary flexible hours
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 23, 2017
I have found working at Yale to be very valuable and they are extremely flexible with student schedules. A great opportunity for full-time students who want to gain experience and make money!
An amazing place to work
Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 17, 2017
It was amazing to work with this internationally renowned group, and be a part of their ground breaking research on Tourette Syndrome and Obsessive Compulsive disorder. To be a part of patient evaluations with this group was truly amazing.
Pros
very intellectually stimulating, I learned a lot about these disorders and the research process
Cons
Intense work environment. Pressure to produce publications
Yale is great!
ARS (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 6, 2017
Great environment. good location right between New York city and Boston. Beautiful campus. Really enjoy this experience at Yale.
I worked in a very fast paced environment, very busy and a promising career, it's also a productive environment.
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 4, 2017
I liked working at Yale University, the people were friendly and easy to get along with, good positive energy. I wish I can get back into this company,
Pros
I recommend anyone to work at Yale University, the environment and the people are excellent, I had no regrets working there, I would love to work there again.
Cons
There would be days where there would be less work.
Great experience with animals
Summer Internship, Yale University (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 15, 2016
Tracked movements of insects
Learned how to set up field traps
Assisted in dissecting specimens
Oversaw the experiments taken place on insect habitats as well as helped type up data sheets
Coordinated traveling routes that were most efficient
It was a tempory position
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 1, 2016
I was hired through a temporary agency. It was a nice experience to have been a part of such a great organization. I was hired straight out of high school on a temp to permanent basis
Nice benefits and ability to learn new positions
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 1, 2016
M-F work week. Great ablity to learn when working in the actual schools of Yale University. Very diverse and friendly working environment.
Excellent benefits but some departments aren't so great
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 29, 2016
I have found that my experience at Yale is vastly different to other employees outside of my specific department. Almost everyone else I meet absolutely LOVES working here. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people.
There is no room for advancement in my department. Management is awful...lots of blame placing and very little accountability for actions. Tons of micro-management leading to mistrust and miserably low morale.
Too much bureaucracy in all of our processes. Way too many steps creating way too much room for error.
My direct co-workers are fantastic but there are other very cliquey and toxic circles in the entire department.
The hardest part of my job is getting direct and accurate answers to my questions. My training was very convoluted and ever-changing.
The most enjoyable part of my job is time off and weekends.
Pros
Reputation, Excellent Benefits
Cons
Mind numbingly unrewarding work, constantly having to do the job of others due to their inadequacy
Encourages promoting from within.
Earned "Top Seller (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 29, 2016
The employer has diversity throughout the company. The company encourages employees to get a higher education in order to be promoted. The company shows it cares for the employees based on its interactions with the employees.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Outsourced some jobs
Personally I enjoyed working for Yale University. I found it to be an equal oppoprotunity employer.
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 22, 2016
Excellent place to work with great benefits. I work for Yale University three differs tours and would work there again.
Pros
Free lunch in Dining Halls
Cons
Fast past can be exausting
Yale University
Yale Summer School of Music and Art (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, CTNovember 21, 2016
Great place to work, great benefits, great compensation. Yale has very possibly the best union in the country to work for
Wonderful working experience
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 4, 2016
Working for Yale was truly an eye opener to what I wanted to do with my work experience. I was able to persom many duties as requested by professors, doctors and nurses. I worked with patients and their families in different clinics. Anyone who has the chance to work for this university will benefit in every area
Big research university
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 31, 2016
Opportunities to learn from top researchers in almost any scientific field. Great university town with great cultural opportunities.
Pros
World class reputation
Cons
poor pay & benefits
Only if you have a clue before you come in the door
ITS Yale Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 26, 2016
This is a complicated system, though when the pieces finally start to come together it is a great place to work.

Mac support a must, the more the merrier with understanding of HIPPA compliance, as well as in depth email knowledge
Great Hospital to work for!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 14, 2016
I worked in a busy fast paced environment, answering phones and involved with handling multiple schedules for our Doctors and appointments for our patients. I learned to be more organized and proficient in various tasks. My co-workers were professional team players who assisted me when needed. The hardest part of my job was not being able to squeeze patients into an already full clinic. My Doctors demonstrated quality time with their patients and did not want to overbook them in order to give them the time and attention they needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was feeling as if I made a difference in the patient's care and would often get rewarded by their appreciative, grateful spirit!
Pros
Proficient and well organized enviornment
Cons
Billing issues for patients
Meaningful experience
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 12, 2016
I really enjoyed teaching undergraduates both semesters. It in return helped me better understand some basic micro economic concepts. I am grateful for this opportunity.
The work environment was excellent
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 6, 2016
Being a Lab Assistant was rewarding, fun, and a great job overall. The people were kind and helpful. The job wasn't too complicated or complex and I was great at getting things done fast as well as thorough.
Pros
Free lunch, great work environment, great people
Cons
The smell.
Great intellectual environment
Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 5, 2016
Being at Yale has afforded me many opportunities to meet and work with some of the best minds, and it is truly inspiring. Organizationally, work is flexible and you are encouraged to have a healthy work/life balance. Health benefits are amazing.
Pros
Health benefits, proximity to great restaurants, cool events
Cons
Average salary, no paid parental leave policies
Good Educational place
Youth Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 4, 2016
This place was a great place to learn how to take initiative and responsibility. The people were welcoming and accepting. this place I would definitely recommend to other people like friends and family.
Good people doing important work in a great environment.
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 13, 2016
I was usually the first one in the lab because I was able to walk to work. Comradery displayed by all working towards a similar goal,
Pros
Food carts on Cedar street
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yale University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3