Yale University

Yale University Employer Reviews

project writing
Fulbright Scholar at Yale University (Former Employee), New HeavenMarch 24, 2015
Pros: great university
Cons: short period of grant
I wrote the program of reforming management for the health care industry of Georgia.
The task was to prepare the healthcare reforming draft. I analyzed the different examples of alternative reforming management. Established some indicators and wrote management document for the country.
pharmacy
Certified Pharmacy Technician I (Former Employee), New Haven, CTMarch 12, 2015
Its a large hospital but the staff make it happen. The main goal is that the patient gets the medication in a timely fashion
supportive environment
Clinician (Former Employee), New Haven, CTMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor salares
I was a Clinician at YCSC, great place to work, fantastic benefits, little politics although salaries are poor. Yale University providers a flexible schedule but does offend expect professional employees to work often from home.
Good
Manager (Former Employee), New haven ConnecticutMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good salary
Cons: poor administration
Room for advancement great job security. Just a lot of internal politics to deal with on a daily basis. A lot of misdirection rather than support. Felt alone most of the time with lack of support from the administration.
Excellent Wok/Life Balance
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day includes responding to all ltypes of inquiries, emails and calls from various departments. You process, synthesize and execute solutions to problems from nominal to in depth. You coordinate projects and review overlaps of resources.

I have learned adaptability and systematic thinking in approaching solutions. I've have learned to establish short-term and long terms solutions even in times of deficit.

The hardest part of job is identifying all impacted parties of problems and solutions.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the learning environment.
Difficult management
Central service technician (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 28, 2015
Management don't compromise with the schedule. The hospital has a favorable environment to work in.
Great work atmosphere
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: educationa training, benefits
Cons: mobility up the latter is difficult due to politics
Great work environment with lots of educational training available. Flexible hours and discretion allowed in your own clinical work. Great supervision.
Love working at YaleUniversity
General Services Assistant (Part-time/Per diem) (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: rate of pay, benefits once hired permanently, unionized once hired permanently
Cons: unstable hours and no benefits as a casual
I learned the skills of a dish room in a large facility. I learned the components of the dish washer and the order of tasks at the different dining halls. I worked well with other in groups and also completed tasks that was assigned to me independently.
Great experience working for this prestigious intitution
Software Engineer (Former Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 13, 2014
Academic environment. Great work experience. Lots of fun and exciting projects to work on.
Culturally diversed and promotes professional development
Accountant & Financial Assistant/Specialist (Former Employee), Medical School and Central CampusNovember 26, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefit, tuition reimbursement
Cons: parking costs
A great place with cultural diversity and opportunity to learn and grow.

I experienced three promotions over a two-year period. My job involved many positive interpersonal relationships and professional interactions with faculty, staff, and students as I communicated the departments' accounting procedures and the university's financial policies. I enjoyed helping others overcome their frustrations.

I learned accounting skills that were not in the text books. Also, I was exposed to a wide array of accounting software programs and system. Examples are: Lotus 123, Quatro Pro, Paradox, Excel, and the Walker System.

Work in some departments involved high volume of activities which require constant multi-tasking and setting priority. However, the most challenging times were meeting deadlines for grant/contract renewal or closing.
Support Analyst (Former Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 24, 2014
Great place to work. Would love to find a full time job at Yale. Great culture and geat work life balance.
nice
Desk Attendant (Former Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 20, 2014
great benefits, team work and many different positions that a person can apply for.
Productive and educational
Bike Security Officer (Former Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 28, 2014
Pros: good free exercise
Cons: there was no discipline or communication
A typical work day was conducting surveys and lockouts for the students. I learned that just because an organization has alot of money and property doesn't mean that every department is a reflection of that prestige. Management at the time were not the most professional, but tolerable. My co-workers were great guys and we got along well. The hardest part of the job was receiving multiple calls simultaneously. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get to the calls in record time.
Multitasking environment
Office Assistant (Customer Service Center) (Former Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 27, 2014
In facilities I shared information knowledge and experiences as I worked as a team to accomplish our duties.
Productive, creative, and enjoyable
Associate Research Scientist (Current Employee), Kline Biology Tower, New HavenOctober 23, 2014
Dynamic colleagues working on cutting-edge scientific questions.
productive and excellent work place but no balance between work and life
Associate research scientist (Former Employee), New HavenOctober 19, 2014
exceptionnal diversity and opportunities but difficult to balance work and life.
Cutting edge technology and not much limitation in ressources
Need strong personnality / good interpersonnal skills to deal with stress, competition ...
Rewarding workplace
Director of Compliance (Current Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 16, 2014
Yale provides an incredible opportunity to educate motivated and talented students.
Very stressful
Graduate Student Coordinator (Current Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 6, 2014
Excellent place to conduct novel research, but extremely stressful
Great institution to work
Manager, Health Information Services (Current Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 2, 2014
Great institution to work. Located on the east coast in close proximity to Boston, NY, Phioladelphia and Washington
At Yale
Emerging Infectious Diseases, Sr. Admin Asst (Former Employee), New Haven, CTSeptember 12, 2014
Busy office
Computer training
Management of various styles
Co-workers- various personalities
Providing good training
Work has been done.

1 2 3 4 5

About Yale University

What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the – Read more

Yale University Salaries