Yale University Employee Reviews

Great University
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 18, 2017
Yale is a great university. You will have the resources you need to learn. New Haven can be scary some times, and you need to keep an eye on your surroundings.
Custodial Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 13, 2017
I have been year since 1996 and I can not think of a better place to build my career at. It really isn't much more to say than its is a great place to work
Working at Yale
Lab Tech/Manager/customer service (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 8, 2017
Working for Yale is awesome. I would still be there if it wasn't for a work related injury in the past. Working at Yale you are exposed to diversified nationalities, experiences, and opportunities. As long as you are honest and hard working you will adapt very well.
Pros
Benefits are magnificient
Cons
Union not so good (local 34)
Yale - get in if you can!
Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 4, 2017
I would have stayed, but was only a temp covering for someone on maternity leave. The job was nice, I was good at it, and the money was great. But they reminded me EVERY DAY that I did not have a medical background, or a doctorate. This annoyed my boss, who said I was her right hand man. In the end, they let me go when the maternity person returned.
Great experience
Associate Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 30, 2017
It is an incredible place that provides all the possibilities and the resources to be productive. It is a creative and diverse environment that constantly provides intellectual stimuli.
Excellent
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  New HavenSeptember 24, 2017
Excellent institution. Plenty of support from staff and faculty. Highly transparent. Ample resources and great opportunities for meeting amazing individuals.
Pros
Perfect
Standard graduate school review.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 21, 2017
This is a standard graduate program, great equipment and a large talent pool to interact with. Unfortunately the work life balance for chemistry graduate students is poor and the support outside of the lab is weak.
The enjoyable part of the job
Associate research scientist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 14, 2017
At Yale you have chances to be exposed to very talented people, co-worker, student, manager and even cleaning staff. People are very polite and nice, you feel safe and comfortable to be around.
Rewarding and permanent work.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 12, 2017
Fast pace, diversity, some managers are better than others, one of the most relaxing and up beat jobs, good co-works and good managers, manageable hours for people with small children.
Pros
Excellent benefits, and enviroment to work, meet many students of different backrounds and watching excell in completing their degrees.
Cons
Productive and fun work place
SQL BI Developer (SSIS/SSRS) (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 9, 2017
Very friendly environment and supportive team members and team lead and manager, get opportunities to work on projects that can cultivate one'es technical skills.
It was a productive fun work place with a diverse group pf people
Associate Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Yale University School Of MedicineSeptember 8, 2017
It was great to work at Yale University. Health benefit was awesome, work culture was great. I worked in a research lab with diverse group of people around the world. Our Supervisor was great, friendly and cooperative. Administrative staff at Yale were very helpful.
Pros
great healthcare
Cons
research staff salary was not managed fairly. It varied lab to lab.
Steady work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 29, 2017
I worked in janitorial services and shuttle services for yale. The pay was great and it was in the heart of the city. If you worked for Yale in CT that was a statement even if it was a Janitorial position because they take care of there employees
Pros
You always knew someone
Great atmosphere and peaceful setting in Norfolk, CT
Norfolk School of Music. House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, CTAugust 28, 2017
Very respectful and prestige school of music located in Norfolk, CT with wonderful talent visiting and surrounding us with such knowledge and the love of music.
great benefits
Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 28, 2017
overall liked working at Yale. They had wonderful benefits that can't be matched. The hardest part of the job was how stressful it was. It was always go go go! I felt that things were always changing and there were ways to work around procedures which made following the procedures difficult.
No job Advancement
Clinical Technologist I (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 27, 2017
Human Resources is rigged. If you have been in a position more than 5 years, Human Resources makes it hard for you to advance to another job/career. Human Resources also pre-judges applicants based on any prior information.
Great Place, great people good company
Lead Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 17, 2017
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
excellent place to work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 6, 2017
excellent place to work, great environment, a great mentor, competitive, fearless attitude, best infrastructure to carry out research work.great benefits.
Job Security and benefits are great
Program Coordinator for BioMed SURF (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 4, 2017
Great place to work however moving to a higher level is very competitive and almost impossible when trying to move from the bargaining unit to a professional role. Keeping your skillset current with professional development through training offered at Yale is very important.
Benefits
Cons
promotions are difficult
Cut-throat
Student (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 2, 2017
Cut-throat academic environment that is not so concerned with educating each student and providing for each student's best interests. Lots of extracurricular activities.
Great place to work!
Clinical Coordinator/Nurse Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 25, 2017
Working I Pediatric Department in the Section of Pediatric Rheumatology. Love the providers I have the pleasure to work with. Administrative staff is very resourceful and has taken all of the administrative work from my plate.