Yale University Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Dining Hall Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 24, 2017
Working at Yale University is great. I love the people and the management at the different dining halls. I joke around with my coworkers and it is a fun environment. Since we have a fun time on the job doing while we are doing our jobs. The hard part about the dining halls is that I don't get enough work. When getting the position I was expecting it to be steady work, it turned out to be that it was only a casual placement. You then must work 390 hours to bid on full-time. It is kind of hard to manage with having Stop and Shop. I just do not want to give up my health care right now that I get. So I will have to have it worked around my hours somehow.
Pros
friendly environment, great dining halls
Cons
casual job, no health care
I worked in a very fast paced environment, very busy and a promising career, it's also a productive environment.
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 4, 2017
I liked working at Yale University, the people were friendly and easy to get along with, good positive energy. I wish I can get back into this company,
Pros
I recommend anyone to work at Yale University, the environment and the people are excellent, I had no regrets working there, I would love to work there again.
Cons
There would be days where there would be less work.
An amazing place to work
Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 17, 2017
It was amazing to work with this internationally renowned group, and be a part of their ground breaking research on Tourette Syndrome and Obsessive Compulsive disorder. To be a part of patient evaluations with this group was truly amazing.
Pros
very intellectually stimulating, I learned a lot about these disorders and the research process
Cons
Intense work environment. Pressure to produce publications
HR Database for Parking and Yale Directory
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  55 Whitney Ave, New Haven, CTFebruary 1, 2017
Come in make a cup of coffee say hello to everyone, Go to my desk and perform my duties retrieving data from Yale HR database to enter and maintain employee carpoolers data, confidentially. There was nothing hard about this job it was a part time jog, I enjoyed the keying in data,
Great Hospital to work for!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 14, 2016
I worked in a busy fast paced environment, answering phones and involved with handling multiple schedules for our Doctors and appointments for our patients. I learned to be more organized and proficient in various tasks. My co-workers were professional team players who assisted me when needed. The hardest part of my job was not being able to squeeze patients into an already full clinic. My Doctors demonstrated quality time with their patients and did not want to overbook them in order to give them the time and attention they needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was feeling as if I made a difference in the patient's care and would often get rewarded by their appreciative, grateful spirit!
Pros
Proficient and well organized enviornment
Cons
Billing issues for patients
Wonderful working experience
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 4, 2016
Working for Yale was truly an eye opener to what I wanted to do with my work experience. I was able to persom many duties as requested by professors, doctors and nurses. I worked with patients and their families in different clinics. Anyone who has the chance to work for this university will benefit in every area
Pay and learning experiences were good, communication and management was terrible
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, VTJanuary 30, 2017
I earned a good amount of money and learned a great deal in many fields. However communicating about compensation and getting that all set up was not the best experience.
Pros
Pay, learning opportunities, variety
Cons
Communication
Great intellectual environment
Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 5, 2016
Being at Yale has afforded me many opportunities to meet and work with some of the best minds, and it is truly inspiring. Organizationally, work is flexible and you are encouraged to have a healthy work/life balance. Health benefits are amazing.
Pros
Health benefits, proximity to great restaurants, cool events
Cons
Average salary, no paid parental leave policies
Great experience with animals
Summer Internship, Yale University (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 15, 2016
Tracked movements of insects
Learned how to set up field traps
Assisted in dissecting specimens
Oversaw the experiments taken place on insect habitats as well as helped type up data sheets
Coordinated traveling routes that were most efficient
Great Job!
Postgraduate Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 24, 2017
This was a great opportunity! It helped me to grow and learn more lab techniques. Also, my co-workers were really welcoming and open to questions. The laboratory conditions were really good, everything is on place, all the equipment are in excellent conditions. Great team work!
Encourages promoting from within.
Earned "Top Seller (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 29, 2016
The employer has diversity throughout the company. The company encourages employees to get a higher education in order to be promoted. The company shows it cares for the employees based on its interactions with the employees.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Outsourced some jobs
Excellent place to work.
Clinical Pastoral Education Residency Program (Former Employee) –  MacCmillian CenterFebruary 9, 2017
in my review, it was fun working with people at Yale. Excellent place to work it was fun working at Yale University-Overall rating is a 5/5.
Pros
Enough time to read and preparation for exams.
Cons
Very expensive to pay for tuition.
Personally I enjoyed working for Yale University. I found it to be an equal oppoprotunity employer.
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 22, 2016
Excellent place to work with great benefits. I work for Yale University three differs tours and would work there again.
Pros
Free lunch in Dining Halls
Cons
Fast past can be exausting
Only if you have a clue before you come in the door
ITS Yale Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 26, 2016
This is a complicated system, though when the pieces finally start to come together it is a great place to work.

Mac support a must, the more the merrier with understanding of HIPPA compliance, as well as in depth email knowledge
Great Place, great people good company
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 24, 2017
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
The work environment was excellent
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 6, 2016
Being a Lab Assistant was rewarding, fun, and a great job overall. The people were kind and helpful. The job wasn't too complicated or complex and I was great at getting things done fast as well as thorough.
Pros
Free lunch, great work environment, great people
Cons
The smell.
Excellent benefits but some departments aren't so great
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 29, 2016
I have found that my experience at Yale is vastly different to other employees outside of my specific department. Almost everyone else I meet absolutely LOVES working here. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people.
There is no room for advancement in my department. Management is awful...lots of blame placing and very little accountability for actions. Tons of micro-management leading to mistrust and miserably low morale.
Too much bureaucracy in all of our processes. Way too many steps creating way too much room for error.
My direct co-workers are fantastic but there are other very cliquey and toxic circles in the entire department.
The hardest part of my job is getting direct and accurate answers to my questions. My training was very convoluted and ever-changing.
The most enjoyable part of my job is time off and weekends.
Pros
Reputation, Excellent Benefits
Cons
Mind numbingly unrewarding work, constantly having to do the job of others due to their inadequacy
Good salary flexible hours
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 23, 2017
I have found working at Yale to be very valuable and they are extremely flexible with student schedules. A great opportunity for full-time students who want to gain experience and make money!
excellent institution with competitive benefits
Mental health consultant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, Waterbury, HamdenAugust 19, 2016
Yale University is an excellent institution to work for with a comprehensive benefits package. The project supervisor has excellent management skills. Everyone on the team at juvenile works well together.
Pros
Solid team
Cons
Travelling to detention sites as far as Waterbury and Hartford
Educational research environment
Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 24, 2017
On most days workload was acceptable.
Work environment was safe.
Repetative movements involced in work.
Co-workers and Management behavior made for negative environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yale University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3