Yale University Employee Reviews

typical day
Clinical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 18, 2017
As an intake specialist I talk to new patients and explain how the process works along with gathering as much clinical information as possible from the patient. My job includes scheduling all appointments which include radiology scan, office visits, and outpatient procedures.
An amazing place to be
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 16, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the University. I gained valuable experience in customer service and leadership that I have transferred into other positions.
Great
Student (Current Employee) –  York stApril 10, 2017
Love being a student here. The professors and students are all very supportive. Being here was a large learning curve for me and with guidance from my mentor, I am making it!
Poor Adminstration
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Northfield, NJApril 10, 2017
Poor Mgmt. Survival of the fittest there. Very cut throat school. School handed out worksheets for staff to learn new programs. No training conducted on staff service days. No professional credits given out to certified staff. Worked very long hours. Criticized on every detail of job.
Pros
Cons
Poor Mgmt, Very Unfriendly Staff
Great Place to Work
Key liaison (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 3, 2017
If your lucky enough to be apart of the University family, its best that you stay there. I cant complain 10 years and counting. I was fortunate to become a full time employee after being a causal worker for six months.
Wurtele Gallery Teacher (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 3, 2017
Great place to work. One of the best places I've worked. There were plenty of opportunities for growth and learning and the campus is in a good location.
Excellent working environment with a great team
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 2, 2017
There is a strong cooperation among staff in my lab. Members are always ready to help whenever you need their assistance. There is always some work to do so you get the opportunity to improve on your statistics and modeling skills.
Good experience starting your career
Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 31, 2017
Great to build a focused career base, not very flexible as there is no or limited options for work from home or flex hours. Health benefits , 401 match is great but pay is very basic
a great place to work with benifits
grounds maintinance (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 30, 2017
a great place to work with great benefits,healthcare and pay. ive there for many years and love all the accomplishments I have worked for great people to work with all races and backgrounds
Pros
free medical
Cons
Very productive and scientifically rich place
Associate Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 27, 2017
Yale University School of Medicine is full of highly knowledgeable, productive, and scientifically brilliant people. All departments/labs/groups work cooperatively and collaboratively with each other. I have been here for past 5 years and did some great science. Now I am trying to move investigate practical application application of my research experience in Industry. That is the only reason I am looking for jobs.
Great Place to Work
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 16, 2017
Very cutting edge technology and tools in use. Enjoyed working with the people and there was a lot of support and advice from longer-tenured employees.
Excellent place to work
Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 7, 2017
Typical day at work: Productive, fun, wax on, wax off

Yale was a wonderful place to work. I have worked there for 31 years and took early retirement. I miss it.

What I learned? I learned an abundance amount of the mechanical trades throughout my years there....

Hardest part was changing out sewer ejector pumps. I did not like to do that, I always considered it a safety hazard.

Work place culture: No need to explain that one. It was Yale.

The management needed structure. Overall they were good.

Enjoyable part of job: Satisfying our customers. Meeting lots of people......It was just awesome.
Pros
Fringe benifits
Great Place!
Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 3, 2017
Employees can expect autonomy, reasonable work load, appreciation from mgmt. Great benefits and job security. Yale definitely wants you to succeed and shows it by investing in your training and education.
Hardest part of the job is combating the status quo and finding the right people who can help you make change. Best part of the job was working with many interesting and smart people at a beautiful place.
Pros
work-life balance, autonomy, benefits
productive and room for growth
Animal Technician III (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 19, 2017
Great work atmosphere
Very rewarding
Positive atmosphere
Room for growth
I have learned a ton since getting involved here
I have grown to love the laboratory experience with the animals
Working on furthering my certifications
Excellent place to work.
Clinical Pastoral Education Residency Program (Former Employee) –  MacCmillian CenterFebruary 9, 2017
in my review, it was fun working with people at Yale. Excellent place to work it was fun working at Yale University-Overall rating is a 5/5.
Pros
Enough time to read and preparation for exams.
Cons
Very expensive to pay for tuition.
HR Database for Parking and Yale Directory
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  55 Whitney Ave, New Haven, CTFebruary 1, 2017
Come in make a cup of coffee say hello to everyone, Go to my desk and perform my duties retrieving data from Yale HR database to enter and maintain employee carpoolers data, confidentially. There was nothing hard about this job it was a part time jog, I enjoyed the keying in data,
Pay and learning experiences were good, communication and management was terrible
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, VTJanuary 30, 2017
I earned a good amount of money and learned a great deal in many fields. However communicating about compensation and getting that all set up was not the best experience.
Pros
Pay, learning opportunities, variety
Cons
Communication
Great Job!
Postgraduate Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 24, 2017
This was a great opportunity! It helped me to grow and learn more lab techniques. Also, my co-workers were really welcoming and open to questions. The laboratory conditions were really good, everything is on place, all the equipment are in excellent conditions. Great team work!
Great Place, great people good company
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 24, 2017
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
Fun place to work
Dining Hall Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 24, 2017
Working at Yale University is great. I love the people and the management at the different dining halls. I joke around with my coworkers and it is a fun environment. Since we have a fun time on the job doing while we are doing our jobs. The hard part about the dining halls is that I don't get enough work. When getting the position I was expecting it to be steady work, it turned out to be that it was only a casual placement. You then must work 390 hours to bid on full-time. It is kind of hard to manage with having Stop and Shop. I just do not want to give up my health care right now that I get. So I will have to have it worked around my hours somehow.
Pros
friendly environment, great dining halls
Cons
casual job, no health care