Yale University Employee Reviews in United States

Love what I do and like all my coworkers especially my collaborating MD
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 22, 2016
I work in a busy outpatient oncology clinic - we see mostly GI cancers, the majority have colorectal, pancreatic and esophageal cancer. Most are getting treatment, whether adjuvant or palliative. We see urgent visits in addition to treatment and followup visits. The days are never boring, and I learn something new every day. We also participate in clinical trials. The hardest part of the job is watching those with metastatic disease decline. The most enjoyable part of the job is telling a patient that their imaging was good and we will see them in 3, 6 or 12 months!

The only negative about my current position is the management, which is very topheavy (seems like there are 2 managers for every worker!) and their lack of interest in listening to those who work in the trenches every day.
Pros
awesome coworkers, great learning environment
Cons
long hours (salaried position)
Good work life balance
Information Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 17, 2016
The benefits are fantastic and work life balance is something hard to find anywhere else. Relaxed atmosphere in many areas.
Great Benefits
Yale Law School - Facilities Superintendent (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 30, 2016
This University provides the best benefits package that I have ever received. There is no comparison in the private sector.
Post-Doctoral Associate
Post-doctoral Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 28, 2016
Worked with lab members on different research projects and maintained the laboratory instruments. Every year you are evaluated by your PI and you get a small increase on your paycheck.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
No 401K
Good Place to work for
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 22, 2016
Good Place to work for, great academics and great faculty. I would work there again if I could. Dr.Cullurciello helped me so much on improving my knowledge on robotics vision.
Very Nice place to work
Front End Developer Drupal (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 15, 2016
Nice place to work if you're commuters. Nice co-workers, everyone is friendly and very convenience. I learned so much in this job position.
Pros
kitchen, work from home, food carts
Cons
benefits, below payment, parking
Lots of
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 27, 2016
A very busy work environment which made the day go by fast. Lots of data entry. Met lots of new people and new co-workers. Management was fair to everyone. I enjoyed the jobs I was trained to do and the longer I was there and achieved more experience made the job fun.
Pros
Met lots of people
Cons
short breaks
Comfortable and nice working environment with respectable staff
Film Study Center Circulation Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 18, 2016
I work as a receptionist at the main circulation desk of the Film Study Center at Yale where I mainly check out films to clients, which consist of Yale students, faculty, and staff. The management is well organized and good to the staff. The staff is hard working and takes care of the space well. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet the people who work there and come there.
Loved the students over the years.
Chef (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 16, 2016
As we called them in the kitchen 'family' (the kitchen help) I miss so very much. Each day we prepared different food items. A six month cycle of menus. We cooked for and treated the students as our own children.
Pros
Great benefits, treated fairly by management
Cons
As a Chef worked late nights, worked weekends
Exciting and informative
Discovery to Cure Internship (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 16, 2016
On a typical day I would come into the lab and do tests on our subjects to see if anything has changed from day to day and record those. I learned how a typical lab is run.
Good
Museum Technician (casual) (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 11, 2016
Not a bad place to work if tyou are full time or live near by.
Casual or Durational employees don't have it so great.
Co-workers have been great, though!
Great environment and great people
Animal Technician IV (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 29, 2016
Yale University is a wonderful place to work, with wonderful people to work with. I am always learning new things, and there is a great deal of teamwork throughout our department. The benefits leave nothing to be desired, and the supervisors/managers treat me with patience and respect.
On an average day I would begin with doing my animal husbandry assignment, then move on to my area lead tasks. I have learned much from my time at Yale, teamwork, prioritizing responsibilities, and computer skills not being the least . My co-workers and I work well together, and foster an attitude of understanding and we work to achieve common goals.
The hardest part about my job is fitting the needs of everyone (i.e. the Primary Investigators, the post doctoral students, the managers/supervisors, and the business office) into one day in a timely, efficient manner. The challenge can be trying at times, but I find it interesting and it helps to keep me on my toes, and it has taught me how to be flexible.
Pros
Insurance Benefits and financial compenstion
Cons
I am essential staff, so sometimes it can be difficult to get there during incliment weather
Cool place. I love it.
Postdoctoral Associate (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 7, 2016
This place is awesome.
Highly efficient when working. Very relaxed when rest.
Co-workers are very kind.
The mentor is super brilliant and creative.

The job is full of challenge. Must be very creative. This part is the hardest but also very enjoyable.
Pros
Cakes. I love thest sweet stuff. Ha!
Cons
Short break
awesome and good to work here
Workday Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 5, 2016
learned how to manage the given work in time.
I had a very good co-workers, who helped me in the project.
Good Team work.had a very good time with my co-workers that was a enjoyable part of the job
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Great Benefits
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 29, 2016
Good Employer and Great Benefits. Room to grow and transfer to multiple departments to gain experience in other areas of University.
Yale is a great place to work and learn from the best
ASSOCIATE RESEARCH SCIENTIST (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 24, 2016
This is my second appointment at Yale University and it has been a great learning experience working here. It gives me great pleasure to work with some of the best co-workers and Investigators who are pioneers in their respective fields. The most enjoyable part of m job is the freedom to propose novel ideas for research and to actually experiment with them. Yale also provides great health benefits for its employees and provides a conducive environment for research. I would highly recommend this place to any potential employees.
Pros
Health coverage
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJanuary 11, 2016
The typical day in this position predominantly consisted of over the phone scheduling of consultation appointments. Traveled to site locations and carried out consultations for consent review, agreement, and recruitment.

I was trained to perform MMSE, as well as trained and tested for Human Subjects Protection, HIPAA.
Pros
Performing consultations
Cons
Per Diem
Fun Place to Work.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 6, 2016
We worked together as a team to accomplish our goals. We worked efficiently and productively to finish our project ahead of time. My Coworkers were great and we had the Best Director and Coordinator.
Pros
Working with people.
Cons
Project not long enough.
Very Good Place to Work
Business/Systems Analyst and PM (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 4, 2016
Friendly work environment. Offers a lot of work flexibility. Good variety of work, but constrained by restrictive project budgeting process.
Being only support to 4 division heads.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 31, 2015
During those years at the University, I advanced rather quickly through the ranks. By the end of my employment there, I was the only support staff to 4 different directors. Each director was responsible for different aspects of the departments (basketball; fundraising; alumni support; grant-writing; publications; etc.). It was fast paced and fun at the same time.
Pros
Learned new skills almost daily.
Cons
Learned new skills daily and had to keep pace with different divisions.

4.3