Yale University

Yale University United States Employee Reviews

great job
Custodian (Former Employee), New Haven, CTApril 18, 2015
Pros: uniforms provided free lunch
Cons: pay for parking
excellent place to excel and learn new traits. Great benefits job security friendly co-workers. The hardest part of the job is losing employment. most enjoyable part of the job is experiencing new jobs
Fun place to work, awesome teachers with diverse backgrounds and qualifications
Postgraduate Associate (Former Employee), New Haven, CTApril 7, 2015
Productive and awesome workplace with so much support, love and appreciation

Fun place to work, awesome teachers with diverse backgrounds and qualifications
Working in the Lab
Intern (Former Employee), New Haven, CTApril 1, 2015
When I did my internship at Yale School of Medicine my supervisor was very friendly and helpful. The lab setting was very friendly and it was a nice place to do my internship. I mostly worked with an electron microscope to take images of mice neurons. My supervisor was very understanding and helped educate me through every step. Overall, great experience.
Productive work place
Public Health Summer Internship (Former Employee), New Haven, CTMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Free software, easy to reach supervisors, learned something new and outside of course work
Cons: Low compensation
The analytic skills involved in genetic research was not covered in any course work, so it took me some efforts to keep up with the pace in our research progress. The advantage was easy to reach my supervisor and post-doc fellow, so that my questions could be solved in a timely manner. I really learned a lot in the two months training in such a pure academic environment, which was the best part of the MPH internship requirement I've experienced.
exciting
Food Prep/Cashier (Former Employee), New Haven, CTMarch 27, 2015
Working for Yale University was an exciting journey. Being able to work in so many different dining halls gave me the opportunity to learn so much from so many different people and of course made a few friends along the way
Fun workplace with plenty of advancement opportunities
Banquet Server (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, Overtime usually
Cons: Nasty people
I love working at Yale. There are plenty of great people that work here but there are also people aren't the best to work with. Unfrotuanly that is the perception workers are left with and they tell others about how lazy people are. The some aren't but I would be willing to say the good majority are lazy and since it is union they think they can't get fired. Union people just play some game that lets them keep their job while others bust their hump. It is downright annoying but other than some people it is a great environment and working with various clients is great too.
project writing
Fulbright Scholar at Yale University (Former Employee), New HeavenMarch 24, 2015
Pros: great university
Cons: short period of grant
I wrote the program of reforming management for the health care industry of Georgia.
The task was to prepare the healthcare reforming draft. I analyzed the different examples of alternative reforming management. Established some indicators and wrote management document for the country.
pharmacy
Certified Pharmacy Technician I (Former Employee), New Haven, CTMarch 12, 2015
Its a large hospital but the staff make it happen. The main goal is that the patient gets the medication in a timely fashion
supportive environment
Clinician (Former Employee), New Haven, CTMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor salares
I was a Clinician at YCSC, great place to work, fantastic benefits, little politics although salaries are poor. Yale University providers a flexible schedule but does offend expect professional employees to work often from home.
Good
Manager (Former Employee), New haven ConnecticutMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good salary
Cons: poor administration
Room for advancement great job security. Just a lot of internal politics to deal with on a daily basis. A lot of misdirection rather than support. Felt alone most of the time with lack of support from the administration.
Excellent Wok/Life Balance
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day includes responding to all ltypes of inquiries, emails and calls from various departments. You process, synthesize and execute solutions to problems from nominal to in depth. You coordinate projects and review overlaps of resources.

I have learned adaptability and systematic thinking in approaching solutions. I've have learned to establish short-term and long terms solutions even in times of deficit.

The hardest part of job is identifying all impacted parties of problems and solutions.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the learning environment.
Difficult management
Central service technician (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 28, 2015
Management don't compromise with the schedule. The hospital has a favorable environment to work in.
Great work atmosphere
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: educationa training, benefits
Cons: mobility up the latter is difficult due to politics
Great work environment with lots of educational training available. Flexible hours and discretion allowed in your own clinical work. Great supervision.
Love working at YaleUniversity
General Services Assistant (Part-time/Per diem) (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: rate of pay, benefits once hired permanently, unionized once hired permanently
Cons: unstable hours and no benefits as a casual
I learned the skills of a dish room in a large facility. I learned the components of the dish washer and the order of tasks at the different dining halls. I worked well with other in groups and also completed tasks that was assigned to me independently.
Great experience working for this prestigious intitution
Software Engineer (Former Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 13, 2014
Academic environment. Great work experience. Lots of fun and exciting projects to work on.
Culturally diversed and promotes professional development
Accountant & Financial Assistant/Specialist (Former Employee), Medical School and Central CampusNovember 26, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefit, tuition reimbursement
Cons: parking costs
A great place with cultural diversity and opportunity to learn and grow.

I experienced three promotions over a two-year period. My job involved many positive interpersonal relationships and professional interactions with faculty, staff, and students as I communicated the departments' accounting procedures and the university's financial policies. I enjoyed helping others overcome their frustrations.

I learned accounting skills that were not in the text books. Also, I was exposed to a wide array of accounting software programs and system. Examples are: Lotus 123, Quatro Pro, Paradox, Excel, and the Walker System.

Work in some departments involved high volume of activities which require constant multi-tasking and setting priority. However, the most challenging times were meeting deadlines for grant/contract renewal or closing.
Support Analyst (Former Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 24, 2014
Great place to work. Would love to find a full time job at Yale. Great culture and geat work life balance.
nice
Desk Attendant (Former Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 20, 2014
great benefits, team work and many different positions that a person can apply for.
Productive and educational
Bike Security Officer (Former Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 28, 2014
Pros: good free exercise
Cons: there was no discipline or communication
A typical work day was conducting surveys and lockouts for the students. I learned that just because an organization has alot of money and property doesn't mean that every department is a reflection of that prestige. Management at the time were not the most professional, but tolerable. My co-workers were great guys and we got along well. The hardest part of the job was receiving multiple calls simultaneously. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get to the calls in record time.
Multitasking environment
Office Assistant (Customer Service Center) (Former Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 27, 2014
In facilities I shared information knowledge and experiences as I worked as a team to accomplish our duties.

1 2 3 4 5

About Yale University

What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the – Read more

Yale University Salaries