Yale University Employee Reviews

Great place
Research Assistant (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJuly 29, 2015
Lovely campus.Work culture is good. Friendly faculty and students. Encouraging scientific environment. Apply here is considering it.
Overall a great place to work
Financial Assistant 3-Treasury Services (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Parking was not free but it was discounted to the employees which was a great perk.
Cons: I would have preferred to be able to interact more with other Yale staff members
Overall Yale was a great place to work. They offered several workplace groups to help with a lot of different things that were going on in different peoples lives. For example therapy sessions, how to deal and balance work with your personal life, stresses of daily life.
A typical day at work for me was a little hectic, usually busy. The hardest part was making sure that I balanced on a daily basis. We worked with a lot of money so it was critical to make sure that everything was accounted for at the end of the day, which it usually always was and if it wasn't there was research that needed to be done. My co-workers were great and very helpful, we most definitely worked as a team and that had to be the best part of my job.
good place to work with excellent benefits
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New Haven, CtJuly 22, 2015
Pros: good medical benefits, great job opportunities, course offers
Cons: lack of parking
A work day was never routine. My work day could start with an emergent telephone call re a patient, computer issues, student problems, administrative problem, or a billing problem that I was responsible for resolving. Yale is a teaching establishment, so you are constantly gaining knowledge from all departments. it's a great place to meet people. Co-works have good interpersonal skills, treat each other with respect and loyalty. the hardest part of the job was periods of boredom. the most enjoyable of the job was interacting with patients, attendings, residents, and students; diversity; meeting people from all over the world; problem-solving and overseeing the department in general.
Professional Work Place
Facility Management/ Club Sports (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJuly 16, 2015
My internship at Yale University was the greatest experience I have ever had. It is a busy and fun job to have that always has you on your toes, especially in Payne Whitney Gymnasium. The staff is extremely supportive and always does their best to make everyone's experience an enjoyable one.
Yale is a pretty good place to work if one can work in an ever changing environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJuly 14, 2015
Pros: work time flexibility, learning environment, good food
Cons: low wages, research funded on grant availability so job security is not concrete
Yale is a great place to work if someone has to be flexible with work hours, Financial compensation is approximately 50% of pharmaceutical industry, but there a a lot of opportunities to learn new laboratory skills and a great learning environment if you make time to attend seminars.
Wish I could've stayed longer
Research Assistant for Prof. Jeffrey Sonnenfeld (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJuly 9, 2015
The short time I spent at Yale was a life-changer. Prof. Sonnenfeld was great to work with, had amazing connections, and an uncanny ability to connect the dots.
Enjoyed my job. The people (employees) are great people with one goal in mind.
Discharge Planning Representative (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJuly 6, 2015
Pros: the salary and benefits
Cons: na
Enjoyed my job! I liked the hours. It is located near downtown New Haven, easy access on/off highway exit ramps. There are lots of food vendors right outside the hospital for quick lunches, as well as various restaurants in the immediate area.
The best experience ever
Postdoc Associate (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJune 27, 2015
No one will disprove that Yale University is an awesome place to work at. Once in a life time experience. Highly reccomended to anyone, especially if you're coming from outside the USA.
Nice Place to work
Postoctoral Associate (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJune 25, 2015
Pleasant environment, friendly people, good research opportunities, nice location. The campus looks pretty. I grew up as scientist there.
Great environment
Undergraduate Summer Researcher (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJune 18, 2015
Undergraduate interns were expected to work hard and were pushed to their best. I have never learned so much in a short amount of time
Lots of room for growth
Transcriptionist (Current Employee), New Haven, CtJune 16, 2015
Yale University offers an exceptional benefits package for its employees, medical as well as paid time off. The atmosphere is very comfortable and welcoming. There are many opportunities for job growth, which makes many possibilities.
yale university is wonderful and amazing place to work full of culture and very good experience
Sous Chef/Production Manager (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJune 14, 2015
Pros: lunch is avaiable
Cons: great benefits
Overseeing Yale University Culinary Support Center. Involved with the consolidated Baking, Catering and cold food production into a 16,000 sq. ft. space.
Supervised and directed 40 employees which produce a ton of food a day.
Responsible for product needs and shipment to 12 colleges and retail locations.
Overseeing all catering events and production for the kitchen and catering department.
Having a passion for food implementation have created and trained effectively new ideas for food presentation. Involving a program in quality and sustainable foods.
Committed to being a visionary, strive to maintain culinary excellence a memorable experience.
Very sophisticated atmosphere
Postdoctoral Associate (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJune 8, 2015
Pros: beautiful campus
Cons: competitive
Nice place to do research in a good size city which is close to major cities. Winters are harsh. Most buildings are old but it has a really nice campus.
Productive work place, fun, great people to work with
ONSITE COORDINATOR (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJune 8, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunches, management was very understandable
Cons: No benefits
It was always busy A Lot of customers.
Co workers were always very helpful also management.
I learned basic computer skills
Also how to talk a lot more had to be very outgoing.
learned to be persistent.
most enjoyable part is the employees they make it fun!
Outstanding place
Sterling Professor of Genetics and Pediatrics (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJune 7, 2015
Yale is terrific place where my entire career has been spent. It nurtured me at an early point and has been a collaborative, exciting environment. However, I'm reaching age 65 and it's time to let junior people come in, and time for me to make a change.
Excellent Place to work.
Senior Photographer, Library Services Assistant (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJune 6, 2015
Challenging and stimulating place to work, always interesting, having had the opportunity to work with competent and most personable co-workers.
I wanted to be hired by Yale, but they did not hire me until 6 weeks after I graduated.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), New Haven, CTMay 29, 2015
I already excepted job at New Rochelle when Yale called to hire me.
I accepted weekends only, Had to compensate New Rochelle by working all the overtime shifts during the week so they wouldn't call me on weekends if needed.

I got along extremely well with staff, They did not want me to leave and move to San Diego.

My typical day was all needed exams.

The best part of the job was that I only worked weekends.

The hardest part of the job was the case load especially if someone called in sick,
Productive, busy
Intake Specialist, Thoracic Oncology Program (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMay 28, 2015
Fast passed environment, patient care with Cancer great place to work

a typical day is spent answering phones, scheduling patients appointment, collecting medical records

my co-workers are easy to get along with
Great organization to work for!
Sr. Admin Assistant (Former Employee), New Haven, CTMay 28, 2015
Great organization to work for! There is definitely room for advancement. There are lots of opportunities to learn and grow within organization.
Supportive environment for graduate school
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMay 23, 2015
Pros: Great science
The chemistry graduate program at Yale is a great place to obtain an advanced degree. The research at this school is first-rate and the professors are helpful and supportive of graduate students.