Yale University Employee Reviews in United States

I have learned a great deal at Yale unfortunately the sign of the times took over.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 27, 2016
My position was a very busy one in the slide room. I would retrieve slides for cases pertaining to patients having surgery and on the table for comparison. I retrieved slides for Conferences and Tumor Boards. Filing was a major part of the position.

Interaction with other medical facilities to ask for Yale's material back when patient requested it to be sent out for a 2nd opinion. I would prepare the slides & send them Federal Express.

Also did transcription when department was very busy and covered the front desk when someone was out and or at break.
Senior messaging administrator (Former Employee) –  Newhaven CTMay 31, 2016
Support 2010, 365 exchange messaging systems.
Do a daily morning check of all systems
check for DMP Backup completions
Check for Corrupted Mailbox Database if failover then restore
Check message queues
Check CAs servers for active connections
Check content index issues and resolve
Resolve ticket via remedy queue
Pros
Working with good folks
Cons
In bad area of town, you have to pay for parking
Wonderful traditionally steeped in tradition.
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 3, 2016
Poor work life balance. Little input into your career path. For the most there are no career paths. If you are good at your job, they will try to keep you there avoiding any potential growth or promotions for you.
Pros
It's Yale and you can experience an everything an organization of that stature has to offer.
Cons
Lots of silos, very cut throat as there have been several layoffs recently.
Not a happy environment to work in.
Account Assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 15, 2016
Your held back if your a worker and others are promoted while bullying the workers. Management/Human Resources turns the other way instead of using corrective action. Instead of bringing people together they create a divide amongst other employees. This is in one department.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Not a good environment to work in/bullying
Comfortable and nice working environment with respectable staff
Film Study Center Circulation Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 18, 2016
I work as a receptionist at the main circulation desk of the Film Study Center at Yale where I mainly check out films to clients, which consist of Yale students, faculty, and staff. The management is well organized and good to the staff. The staff is hard working and takes care of the space well. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet the people who work there and come there.
Love what I do and like all my coworkers especially my collaborating MD
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 22, 2016
I work in a busy outpatient oncology clinic - we see mostly GI cancers, the majority have colorectal, pancreatic and esophageal cancer. Most are getting treatment, whether adjuvant or palliative. We see urgent visits in addition to treatment and followup visits. The days are never boring, and I learn something new every day. We also participate in clinical trials. The hardest part of the job is watching those with metastatic disease decline. The most enjoyable part of the job is telling a patient that their imaging was good and we will see them in 3, 6 or 12 months!

The only negative about my current position is the management, which is very topheavy (seems like there are 2 managers for every worker!) and their lack of interest in listening to those who work in the trenches every day.
Pros
awesome coworkers, great learning environment
Cons
long hours (salaried position)
Yale is a great place to work and learn from the best
ASSOCIATE RESEARCH SCIENTIST (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 24, 2016
This is my second appointment at Yale University and it has been a great learning experience working here. It gives me great pleasure to work with some of the best co-workers and Investigators who are pioneers in their respective fields. The most enjoyable part of m job is the freedom to propose novel ideas for research and to actually experiment with them. Yale also provides great health benefits for its employees and provides a conducive environment for research. I would highly recommend this place to any potential employees.
Pros
Health coverage
Loved the students over the years.
Chef (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 16, 2016
As we called them in the kitchen 'family' (the kitchen help) I miss so very much. Each day we prepared different food items. A six month cycle of menus. We cooked for and treated the students as our own children.
Pros
Great benefits, treated fairly by management
Cons
As a Chef worked late nights, worked weekends
Lots of
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 27, 2016
A very busy work environment which made the day go by fast. Lots of data entry. Met lots of new people and new co-workers. Management was fair to everyone. I enjoyed the jobs I was trained to do and the longer I was there and achieved more experience made the job fun.
Pros
Met lots of people
Cons
short breaks
Being only support to 4 division heads.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 31, 2015
During those years at the University, I advanced rather quickly through the ranks. By the end of my employment there, I was the only support staff to 4 different directors. Each director was responsible for different aspects of the departments (basketball; fundraising; alumni support; grant-writing; publications; etc.). It was fast paced and fun at the same time.
Pros
Learned new skills almost daily.
Cons
Learned new skills daily and had to keep pace with different divisions.
Research Assistant II
Research Assistant II, Department of Psychiatry (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 27, 2016
This position provided me with an excellent opportunity to develop my analytical skills and gain a strong understanding of research methods while doing my graduate work.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJanuary 11, 2016
The typical day in this position predominantly consisted of over the phone scheduling of consultation appointments. Traveled to site locations and carried out consultations for consent review, agreement, and recruitment.

I was trained to perform MMSE, as well as trained and tested for Human Subjects Protection, HIPAA.
Pros
Performing consultations
Cons
Per Diem
Post-Doctoral Associate
Post-doctoral Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 28, 2016
Worked with lab members on different research projects and maintained the laboratory instruments. Every year you are evaluated by your PI and you get a small increase on your paycheck.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
No 401K
Cool place. I love it.
Postdoctoral Associate (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 7, 2016
This place is awesome.
Highly efficient when working. Very relaxed when rest.
Co-workers are very kind.
The mentor is super brilliant and creative.

The job is full of challenge. Must be very creative. This part is the hardest but also very enjoyable.
Pros
Cakes. I love thest sweet stuff. Ha!
Cons
Short break
Very Nice place to work
Front End Developer Drupal (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 15, 2016
Nice place to work if you're commuters. Nice co-workers, everyone is friendly and very convenience. I learned so much in this job position.
Pros
kitchen, work from home, food carts
Cons
benefits, below payment, parking
Good Company
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 12, 2016
Working for yale is great, the medical benefits are awesome, The HR stuff is very helpful. Each department is ran different to its needs. All in all in its a great company to work for.
Yale
Hematology Oncology Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 10, 2016
Great Company to work for. Amazing Clinical Research Program. However, CRC are over worked. Not a great work life balance.
Pros
benefitd
Cons
Not a great work life balance.
Geat Place to work
Clinical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  NeurologyJune 27, 2016
I have been working for Yale University as a temp for over a year. It has been a great experience while still trying to get in here permanently. Good benefits and pay as well
Good Place to work for
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 22, 2016
Good Place to work for, great academics and great faculty. I would work there again if I could. Dr.Cullurciello helped me so much on improving my knowledge on robotics vision.
productive fun and great opportunity
Kept office building in clean (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 26, 2016
job was fun and well organized loved my co workers great to work with. long says great pay honest company I wish i can go back there

4.3