Yale University Employee Reviews

Great Place, great people good company
Lead Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 17, 2017
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
excellent place to work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 6, 2017
excellent place to work, great environment, a great mentor, competitive, fearless attitude, best infrastructure to carry out research work.great benefits.
Job Security and benefits are great
Program Coordinator for BioMed SURF (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 4, 2017
Great place to work however moving to a higher level is very competitive and almost impossible when trying to move from the bargaining unit to a professional role. Keeping your skillset current with professional development through training offered at Yale is very important.
Benefits
Cons
promotions are difficult
Cut-throat
Student (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 2, 2017
Cut-throat academic environment that is not so concerned with educating each student and providing for each student's best interests. Lots of extracurricular activities.
Great place to work!
Clinical Coordinator/Nurse Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 25, 2017
Working I Pediatric Department in the Section of Pediatric Rheumatology. Love the providers I have the pleasure to work with. Administrative staff is very resourceful and has taken all of the administrative work from my plate.
Excellent place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 24, 2017
Loved working at Yale. Involved in all kinds of seminar, HIC protocols and grant writing for hematology fellow programs and seminar. Very stimulating work environment.
Pros
Learned a great amount regarding grants, different blood diseases and loved every minute of it. and
Language
Mongolian Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 21, 2017
I was teaching Mongolian language for 4 PhD students. I taught them grammar, pronunciation and writing skills. Improving conversation was very important thing.
Can be a great work place at times
Building Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 14, 2017
Each day is a different experience. I could be helping someone set up an office one day and the next changing a light bulb. I also love the work hours.
Pros
I have a great work team.
Cons
I wish i was paid more per hour.
excellent place for research
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 7, 2017
Biological research is well supported there and there are numerous excellent researchers to collaborate with and learn from. There is good funding from the university as well.
Pros
very good place to do biological research
Cons
funding iis dropping off a bit
Intellectually stimulating work environment.
Program Manager at the Political Violence FieldLab (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 4, 2017
Excellent organization to work with. The management emphasizes work-life balance, works closely with employees on their professional development, and is transparent in its policies.
An excellent place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 3, 2017
Yale is an excellent place to work and if given the opportunity I would really like to go back there. I had fun there as well as a pleasant work experience.

I enjoyed interacting with the Staff and the students.
fast paced research dept.
Clinical Research Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 1, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Yale. I love research nursing because I can help patients with difficult diagnosis. I could also investigate medication prior to their approval by the FDA
Pros
The patients
Great Place to Work
Clinical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 25, 2017
I enjoyed working with all the Doctors and Staff any Yale Hospital however the Management staff favored the Hospital instead of University, causing difficultly for the union and for the Physicians
great place to work
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 21, 2017
great place to work it is a very busy hospital to work at they had a lot off trauma of all type from gun shots to falls so we never new what was next kept us on our toes
Pros
learn something new every day
Cons
nevernew what was next
Most enjoyable part of the job
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 21, 2017
The leadership and people are skilled. Yale affords you the ability to contribute ones knowledge and experience to such a large organization in the advancement of health care practice.
Productive workplace with new interesting techniques
Researcher (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJune 20, 2017
Yale was a very productive workplace with willing-to-learn coworkers. This place facilitated mental growth which allowed for an even more productive workforce.
If you like to be micromanaged....
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 20, 2017
This is the place for you! Work hard and watch those who do a quarter of your work get promoted or picked for special jobs and projects. This isn't the best place to work other than pay and benefits. If you don't care about mindless work or horrible managers- then you will be fine! I learned that no matter how good you do- there will always be something that they complain about. If you want to be worked like a dog- you got the gold mine here!! Very little managerial input on job well done but a lot of criticism if you make a mistake. Too many changes and never any consistency. Union is a joke.
Pros
Free medical, Union won over the top salaries for mindless jobs
Cons
unfair process and practices regarding promotions
Overall great
Administrative Coordinator, Economic Growth Center (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 19, 2017
Benefits at Yale are unbeatable. Terrible maternity leave policy though - no pay given at all. Have to use your own sick or vacation time if you want to get paid.
Some area were stress free but i enjoyed working for yale
Custodian/Maintenance,dining service (Former Employee) –  221 whitney aveJune 12, 2017
See that my daughter is going to school in Delaware and wants me to move there I was hoping I can work for the university in Delaware to me the kids that come to college, we should make them feel welcome comfortable, and make them feel at home.
Pros
Half hour lunch
Cons
No free lunch breaks
Wonderful!
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 7, 2017
The employees are very open-minded. I have never met such a group of intelligent, well-rounded individuals. Everyone works so hard to improve in every way that they can.
Pros
educational