Yale University Employee Reviews in United States

Nice place to work.
YSS Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 23, 2016
Yale University was a nice place to work. The environment was pleasant. Learned a new software. I worked there as a temp. Hope to be working there again in the future. They have very good benefits.
Not a happy environment to work in.
Account Assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 15, 2016
Your held back if your a worker and others are promoted while bullying the workers. Management/Human Resources turns the other way instead of using corrective action. Instead of bringing people together they create a divide amongst other employees. This is in one department.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Not a good environment to work in/bullying
Good Company
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 12, 2016
Working for yale is great, the medical benefits are awesome, The HR stuff is very helpful. Each department is ran different to its needs. All in all in its a great company to work for.
Geat Place to work
Clinical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  NeurologyJune 27, 2016
I have been working for Yale University as a temp for over a year. It has been a great experience while still trying to get in here permanently. Good benefits and pay as well
I have learned a great deal at Yale unfortunately the sign of the times took over.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 27, 2016
My position was a very busy one in the slide room. I would retrieve slides for cases pertaining to patients having surgery and on the table for comparison. I retrieved slides for Conferences and Tumor Boards. Filing was a major part of the position.

Interaction with other medical facilities to ask for Yale's material back when patient requested it to be sent out for a 2nd opinion. I would prepare the slides & send them Federal Express.

Also did transcription when department was very busy and covered the front desk when someone was out and or at break.
One of the better jobs I've had!
Museum Technician (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 27, 2016
Learned a great deal. Very supportive management. Ability to move within organization. Increased my own knowledge of Art field tremendously.
Research Assistant II
Research Assistant II, Department of Psychiatry (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 27, 2016
This position provided me with an excellent opportunity to develop my analytical skills and gain a strong understanding of research methods while doing my graduate work.
productive fun and great opportunity
Kept office building in clean (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 26, 2016
job was fun and well organized loved my co workers great to work with. long says great pay honest company I wish i can go back there
Yale
Hematology Oncology Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 10, 2016
Great Company to work for. Amazing Clinical Research Program. However, CRC are over worked. Not a great work life balance.
Pros
benefitd
Cons
Not a great work life balance.
Wonderful traditionally steeped in tradition.
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 3, 2016
Poor work life balance. Little input into your career path. For the most there are no career paths. If you are good at your job, they will try to keep you there avoiding any potential growth or promotions for you.
Pros
It's Yale and you can experience an everything an organization of that stature has to offer.
Cons
Lots of silos, very cut throat as there have been several layoffs recently.
Senior messaging administrator (Former Employee) –  Newhaven CTMay 31, 2016
Support 2010, 365 exchange messaging systems.
Do a daily morning check of all systems
check for DMP Backup completions
Check for Corrupted Mailbox Database if failover then restore
Check message queues
Check CAs servers for active connections
Check content index issues and resolve
Resolve ticket via remedy queue
Pros
Working with good folks
Cons
In bad area of town, you have to pay for parking
Love what I do and like all my coworkers especially my collaborating MD
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 22, 2016
I work in a busy outpatient oncology clinic - we see mostly GI cancers, the majority have colorectal, pancreatic and esophageal cancer. Most are getting treatment, whether adjuvant or palliative. We see urgent visits in addition to treatment and followup visits. The days are never boring, and I learn something new every day. We also participate in clinical trials. The hardest part of the job is watching those with metastatic disease decline. The most enjoyable part of the job is telling a patient that their imaging was good and we will see them in 3, 6 or 12 months!

The only negative about my current position is the management, which is very topheavy (seems like there are 2 managers for every worker!) and their lack of interest in listening to those who work in the trenches every day.
Pros
awesome coworkers, great learning environment
Cons
long hours (salaried position)
Good work life balance
Information Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 17, 2016
The benefits are fantastic and work life balance is something hard to find anywhere else. Relaxed atmosphere in many areas.
Great Benefits
Yale Law School - Facilities Superintendent (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 30, 2016
This University provides the best benefits package that I have ever received. There is no comparison in the private sector.
Post-Doctoral Associate
Post-doctoral Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 28, 2016
Worked with lab members on different research projects and maintained the laboratory instruments. Every year you are evaluated by your PI and you get a small increase on your paycheck.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
No 401K
Good Place to work for
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 22, 2016
Good Place to work for, great academics and great faculty. I would work there again if I could. Dr.Cullurciello helped me so much on improving my knowledge on robotics vision.
Very Nice place to work
Front End Developer Drupal (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 15, 2016
Nice place to work if you're commuters. Nice co-workers, everyone is friendly and very convenience. I learned so much in this job position.
Pros
kitchen, work from home, food carts
Cons
benefits, below payment, parking
Lots of
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 27, 2016
A very busy work environment which made the day go by fast. Lots of data entry. Met lots of new people and new co-workers. Management was fair to everyone. I enjoyed the jobs I was trained to do and the longer I was there and achieved more experience made the job fun.
Pros
Met lots of people
Cons
short breaks
Comfortable and nice working environment with respectable staff
Film Study Center Circulation Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 18, 2016
I work as a receptionist at the main circulation desk of the Film Study Center at Yale where I mainly check out films to clients, which consist of Yale students, faculty, and staff. The management is well organized and good to the staff. The staff is hard working and takes care of the space well. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet the people who work there and come there.
Loved the students over the years.
Chef (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 16, 2016
As we called them in the kitchen 'family' (the kitchen help) I miss so very much. Each day we prepared different food items. A six month cycle of menus. We cooked for and treated the students as our own children.
Pros
Great benefits, treated fairly by management
Cons
As a Chef worked late nights, worked weekends

4.3