Yale University

Yale University Employee Reviews

The best experience ever
Postdoc Associate (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJune 27, 2015
No one will disprove that Yale University is an awesome place to work at. Once in a life time experience. Highly reccomended to anyone, especially if you're coming from outside the USA.
Nice Place to work
Postoctoral Associate (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJune 25, 2015
Pleasant environment, friendly people, good research opportunities, nice location. The campus looks pretty. I grew up as scientist there.
Great environment
Undergraduate Summer Researcher (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJune 18, 2015
Undergraduate interns were expected to work hard and were pushed to their best. I have never learned so much in a short amount of time
Lots of room for growth
Transcriptionist (Current Employee), New Haven, CtJune 16, 2015
Yale University offers an exceptional benefits package for its employees, medical as well as paid time off. The atmosphere is very comfortable and welcoming. There are many opportunities for job growth, which makes many possibilities.
yale university is wonderful and amazing place to work full of culture and very good experience
Sous Chef/Production Manager (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJune 14, 2015
Pros: lunch is avaiable
Cons: great benefits
Overseeing Yale University Culinary Support Center. Involved with the consolidated Baking, Catering and cold food production into a 16,000 sq. ft. space.
Supervised and directed 40 employees which produce a ton of food a day.
Responsible for product needs and shipment to 12 colleges and retail locations.
Overseeing all catering events and production for the kitchen and catering department.
Having a passion for food implementation have created and trained effectively new ideas for food presentation. Involving a program in quality and sustainable foods.
Committed to being a visionary, strive to maintain culinary excellence a memorable experience.
Very sophisticated atmosphere
Postdoctoral Associate (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJune 8, 2015
Pros: beautiful campus
Cons: competitive
Nice place to do research in a good size city which is close to major cities. Winters are harsh. Most buildings are old but it has a really nice campus.
Productive work place, fun, great people to work with
ONSITE COORDINATOR (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJune 8, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunches, management was very understandable
Cons: No benefits
It was always busy A Lot of customers.
Co workers were always very helpful also management.
I learned basic computer skills
Also how to talk a lot more had to be very outgoing.
learned to be persistent.
most enjoyable part is the employees they make it fun!
Outstanding place
Sterling Professor of Genetics and Pediatrics (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJune 7, 2015
Yale is terrific place where my entire career has been spent. It nurtured me at an early point and has been a collaborative, exciting environment. However, I'm reaching age 65 and it's time to let junior people come in, and time for me to make a change.
Excellent Place to work.
Senior Photographer, Library Services Assistant (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJune 6, 2015
Challenging and stimulating place to work, always interesting, having had the opportunity to work with competent and most personable co-workers.
I wanted to be hired by Yale, but they did not hire me until 6 weeks after I graduated.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), New Haven, CTMay 29, 2015
I already excepted job at New Rochelle when Yale called to hire me.
I accepted weekends only, Had to compensate New Rochelle by working all the overtime shifts during the week so they wouldn't call me on weekends if needed.

I got along extremely well with staff, They did not want me to leave and move to San Diego.

My typical day was all needed exams.

The best part of the job was that I only worked weekends.

The hardest part of the job was the case load especially if someone called in sick,
Productive, busy
Intake Specialist, Thoracic Oncology Program (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMay 28, 2015
Fast passed environment, patient care with Cancer great place to work

a typical day is spent answering phones, scheduling patients appointment, collecting medical records

my co-workers are easy to get along with
Great organization to work for!
Sr. Admin Assistant (Former Employee), New Haven, CTMay 28, 2015
Great organization to work for! There is definitely room for advancement. There are lots of opportunities to learn and grow within organization.
Supportive environment for graduate school
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMay 23, 2015
Pros: Great science
The chemistry graduate program at Yale is a great place to obtain an advanced degree. The research at this school is first-rate and the professors are helpful and supportive of graduate students.
I didn't even want this job
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), New Haven, CTMay 15, 2015
Pros: They were paying me $18/hour (this was back in 2001 or so), getting paid that much while living at home and having a second job
Cons: I never even applied for this job, I knew nothing about what they wanted me to do, parking, still having a second job, feeling used because they were too cheap to pay someone from Johnson Controls, going to school full time and having a second job meant no free time (did homework at school), only real reason I came home was to sleep, my mom said I would pass myself coming in as I was walking out the door, total burnout.
I already had a job and was in school full time. I didn’t want this job. In fact, I didn’t even apply for it. Unbeknownst to me, one of my teachers submitted my resume for a position they had open. One day I got a phone call from someone at Yale asking me about my resume and when I could come in for an interview. I didn’t even know what he was talking about. This is probably the only time I went to an interview not even trying to get the job because I already had too much on my plate. About a month passed by after the interview and I figured I was in the clear from that job. Nope. They called me with a job offer and I begrudgingly took it.

Basically they hired me because they didn’t want to pay someone from Johnson Controls a lot more money to do the job. I had to learn how to use Johnson Control’s propriety software with no books, no user guides, phone numbers, or anything else that could be of any help. No one else working there knew how to use the program either. My job was to create real time graphics of the HVAC units in a lot of the buildings using their software. It had to collect readings from sensors located in various buildings throughout the campus for data like air flow rates, temperatures and etc. Just learning how to use their software was a daunting task in itself, but integrating it to collect data from various sources throughout the campus and depicting it graphically in real time put me at near wits end. I had no HVAC or graphics design experience.

In two years of near maddening trial and error I figured out how to do what they had wanted. – more... You could click on a building and it would pull up a graphical depiction of what the HVAC system looked like in that building. I had toggle buttons to do things like turn fans off or close dampers. If the fan was on, it actually showed to be spinning on the screen. If you turned it off the fan stopped spinning. I also had boxes that displayed any available data from that unit in real time. If something went out of normal range a red alarm went off next to it to let you know. I cannot express in this review just how tedious and frustrating it was to learn how to do all that not knowing a single thing going in. I still to this day wonder if they use all those graphics that took me two years to create. – less
What I love about Yale is the intellectual stimulus. If you seek it out, there are no boundaries on wealth of knowledge you can learn.
Senior Service Management Specialist (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMay 11, 2015
Pros: Learning environment, work schedule flexibility
At Yale, you can have a positive impact on Faculty, students and staff on a daily basis. Successfully implemented a process improvement framework utilizing service management methodologies. This straightforward framework has been adopted by professional staff of the Yale IT department. It has increased customer satisfaction at a community-wide level.
Very exciting workplace
Postdoctoral Associate (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMay 5, 2015
Pros: Seminars, career events
Cons: less guidance
I learned a lot working at Yale University. I diversified and became a part of the leadership team at a career organization which enabled me to network and learn more able different career paths.
There is access to a lot of resources and chance for collaboration here at Yale and I have the opportunity of being an independent researcher.
good
Research Scientist (Former Employee), New Haven, CTApril 25, 2015
A lot of opportunity to learn new skills and knowledge. Good communication and team work. Great town. Minimum supervision. A little bit difficult to organize regular meeting.
great job
Custodian (Former Employee), New Haven, CTApril 18, 2015
Pros: uniforms provided free lunch
Cons: pay for parking
excellent place to excel and learn new traits. Great benefits job security friendly co-workers. The hardest part of the job is losing employment. most enjoyable part of the job is experiencing new jobs
Fun place to work, awesome teachers with diverse backgrounds and qualifications
Postgraduate Associate (Former Employee), New Haven, CTApril 7, 2015
Productive and awesome workplace with so much support, love and appreciation

Fun place to work, awesome teachers with diverse backgrounds and qualifications
Working in the Lab
Intern (Former Employee), New Haven, CTApril 1, 2015
When I did my internship at Yale School of Medicine my supervisor was very friendly and helpful. The lab setting was very friendly and it was a nice place to do my internship. I mostly worked with an electron microscope to take images of mice neurons. My supervisor was very understanding and helped educate me through every step. Overall, great experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About Yale University

What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the – Read more

Yale University Salaries