Yale University Employee Reviews in United States

Good
Museum Technician (casual) (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 11, 2016
Not a bad place to work if tyou are full time or live near by.
Casual or Durational employees don't have it so great.
Co-workers have been great, though!
Great environment and great people
Animal Technician IV (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 29, 2016
Yale University is a wonderful place to work, with wonderful people to work with. I am always learning new things, and there is a great deal of teamwork throughout our department. The benefits leave nothing to be desired, and the supervisors/managers treat me with patience and respect.
On an average day I would begin with doing my animal husbandry assignment, then move on to my area lead tasks. I have learned much from my time at Yale, teamwork, prioritizing responsibilities, and computer skills not being the least . My co-workers and I work well together, and foster an attitude of understanding and we work to achieve common goals.
The hardest part about my job is fitting the needs of everyone (i.e. the Primary Investigators, the post doctoral students, the managers/supervisors, and the business office) into one day in a timely, efficient manner. The challenge can be trying at times, but I find it interesting and it helps to keep me on my toes, and it has taught me how to be flexible.
Pros
Insurance Benefits and financial compenstion
Cons
I am essential staff, so sometimes it can be difficult to get there during incliment weather
Cool place. I love it.
Postdoctoral Associate (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 7, 2016
This place is awesome.
Highly efficient when working. Very relaxed when rest.
Co-workers are very kind.
The mentor is super brilliant and creative.

The job is full of challenge. Must be very creative. This part is the hardest but also very enjoyable.
Pros
Cakes. I love thest sweet stuff. Ha!
Cons
Short break
awesome and good to work here
Workday Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 5, 2016
learned how to manage the given work in time.
I had a very good co-workers, who helped me in the project.
Good Team work.had a very good time with my co-workers that was a enjoyable part of the job
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Great Benefits
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 29, 2016
Good Employer and Great Benefits. Room to grow and transfer to multiple departments to gain experience in other areas of University.
Yale is a great place to work and learn from the best
ASSOCIATE RESEARCH SCIENTIST (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 24, 2016
This is my second appointment at Yale University and it has been a great learning experience working here. It gives me great pleasure to work with some of the best co-workers and Investigators who are pioneers in their respective fields. The most enjoyable part of m job is the freedom to propose novel ideas for research and to actually experiment with them. Yale also provides great health benefits for its employees and provides a conducive environment for research. I would highly recommend this place to any potential employees.
Pros
Health coverage
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJanuary 11, 2016
The typical day in this position predominantly consisted of over the phone scheduling of consultation appointments. Traveled to site locations and carried out consultations for consent review, agreement, and recruitment.

I was trained to perform MMSE, as well as trained and tested for Human Subjects Protection, HIPAA.
Pros
Performing consultations
Cons
Per Diem
Fun Place to Work.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 6, 2016
We worked together as a team to accomplish our goals. We worked efficiently and productively to finish our project ahead of time. My Coworkers were great and we had the Best Director and Coordinator.
Pros
Working with people.
Cons
Project not long enough.
Very Good Place to Work
Business/Systems Analyst and PM (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 4, 2016
Friendly work environment. Offers a lot of work flexibility. Good variety of work, but constrained by restrictive project budgeting process.
Being only support to 4 division heads.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 31, 2015
During those years at the University, I advanced rather quickly through the ranks. By the end of my employment there, I was the only support staff to 4 different directors. Each director was responsible for different aspects of the departments (basketball; fundraising; alumni support; grant-writing; publications; etc.). It was fast paced and fun at the same time.
Pros
Learned new skills almost daily.
Cons
Learned new skills daily and had to keep pace with different divisions.
Excellent people to work with... very polite
Program Director, Director of Grant Writer (Former Employee) –  Leonia, NJDecember 4, 2015
This is a Korean educational community center so if you do not speak Korean it will be difficult to work here due to the language barrier.
Pros
Very flexible work schedule. open to new ideas.
Cons
Generally the office speaks Korean, If you do not it is difficult to keep up with the happenings in the office.
Wonderful Work Enviorment
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 22, 2015
A typical was answering phones. And contacting third party insurance companies for payment. Filing, mailing, scheduling appointments. And sending and receiving monies on behalf of patients
educational , fun , life changing
Varsity Athlete (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 16, 2015
I traveled and looked at different colleges along with studying at Yale to achieve a higher SAT/ACT score when I went back to school
Yale University
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 15, 2015
Yale is a major employer in the area and offers excellent benefits and a high quality work environment. Only problem is traffic and parking but they are aware and addressing these issues.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Parking
A Great Place to Work
Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 31, 2015
Controlled the design and renovation of medical laboratories throughout the medical school. Supervisor was a great teacher and Engineer.
Pros
Great experience in Engineering and Project Managemente
Cons
Was a part time job during Colleage
Manager Switching and Transmission Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 30, 2015
Good benefits. Co-workers are great to work with. They encourage your participation and education. A large amount of red tape, difficult to get anything done.
Well, Its Yale
Dining Hall Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 27, 2015
I was honored to work at Yale. Many life lessons while working managing union employees. My experience working with my colleagues was unforgettable as they are the only people who can truly understand what being a manager at the University means.
Great Place to Work.
Senior Administrative Assistant, HR (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 26, 2015
Great place to work with supportive management. Everyone is nice and helpful. They offer great benefits and plenty of learning tools so that employees may proper at becoming more successful.
Pros
Great Benefits
Ivy league university
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 23, 2015
Yale offers great benefits and opportunities for learning and advancement, but as with any large entity, each school/department/section is has its own culture. The medical school is very fast paced while central campus closely follows the academic year cycle. My experience in both of those areas was rewarding and I received much support from my supervisors, faculty and peers. It's really about finding the right fit for you!
Pros
Great benefits and pay; opportunities for learning and advancement
Cons
There are many areas/schools/departments within the university...many are great, others are toxic.
I learned a lot of skills
Hematologist Tecjnician (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 18, 2015
I would open up the facility, turn on the copy machine, and computer. I would record the temperature on the refrigerator where the specimen went, do phlbotomy, ECG, order supplies, stock the blood drawing room, do bleeding-time, record specimen that was drop off by different department, and take result to the doctors in different departments.
Pros
I enjoy working with my co-worker and I learn how to new skills, such as ECG, and bleeding-time.
Cons
I was laid-off.

4.3