Yale University Employee Reviews

Only if you have a clue before you come in the door
ITS Yale Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 26, 2016
This is a complicated system, though when the pieces finally start to come together it is a great place to work.

Mac support a must, the more the merrier with understanding of HIPPA compliance, as well as in depth email knowledge
Great Hospital to work for!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 14, 2016
I worked in a busy fast paced environment, answering phones and involved with handling multiple schedules for our Doctors and appointments for our patients. I learned to be more organized and proficient in various tasks. My co-workers were professional team players who assisted me when needed. The hardest part of my job was not being able to squeeze patients into an already full clinic. My Doctors demonstrated quality time with their patients and did not want to overbook them in order to give them the time and attention they needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was feeling as if I made a difference in the patient's care and would often get rewarded by their appreciative, grateful spirit!
Pros
Proficient and well organized enviornment
Cons
Billing issues for patients
Meaningful experience
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 12, 2016
I really enjoyed teaching undergraduates both semesters. It in return helped me better understand some basic micro economic concepts. I am grateful for this opportunity.
The work environment was excellent
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 6, 2016
Being a Lab Assistant was rewarding, fun, and a great job overall. The people were kind and helpful. The job wasn't too complicated or complex and I was great at getting things done fast as well as thorough.
Pros
Free lunch, great work environment, great people
Cons
The smell.
Great intellectual environment
Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 5, 2016
Being at Yale has afforded me many opportunities to meet and work with some of the best minds, and it is truly inspiring. Organizationally, work is flexible and you are encouraged to have a healthy work/life balance. Health benefits are amazing.
Pros
Health benefits, proximity to great restaurants, cool events
Cons
Average salary, no paid parental leave policies
Good Educational place
Youth Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 4, 2016
This place was a great place to learn how to take initiative and responsibility. The people were welcoming and accepting. this place I would definitely recommend to other people like friends and family.
Good people doing important work in a great environment.
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 13, 2016
I was usually the first one in the lab because I was able to walk to work. Comradery displayed by all working towards a similar goal,
Pros
Food carts on Cedar street
Nice
Workday Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 6, 2016
It was really nice working there
people there are very friendly
I learned a lot while working there
Co-Workers are pretty freindly
I enjoy each and every moment
Management is very good
There was no typical day at work
excellent institution with competitive benefits
Mental health consultant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, Waterbury, HamdenAugust 19, 2016
Yale University is an excellent institution to work for with a comprehensive benefits package. The project supervisor has excellent management skills. Everyone on the team at juvenile works well together.
Pros
Solid team
Cons
Travelling to detention sites as far as Waterbury and Hartford
Great Place to work
Team Leader, AR Dept. Cash Posting (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 19, 2016
Great place to work. I've acquired so many skills as well as got the opportunity to obtain my college degree. The job advance is endless as long as you apply yourself.
Review
Candidate Development Specialist / Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 16, 2016
Yale is a great place to work. Yet, salaries aren't that great and work can be overwhelming at times. There are opportunities for growth and learning.
Management Professional (Former Employee) –  New HavenAugust 16, 2016
Excellent continuous learning culture. Some of the most intelligent people I have ever worked with. The health benefits and retirement benefits are outstanding.
Pros
The people you have the opportunity to meet and work with.
Cons
Diversity
Great Benefits
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 4, 2016
Great place to work many opportunities to grow.
It's so many different Departments you can work for Bid and transfer.
the benefits package is great , has great retirement plan.
Yale has a lot of program that will benefit you.
Temporary office clerk position
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 31, 2016
This was a temporary position in an office. I enjoyed the experience of working in a office that provided services to people in need of medical attention.
Pros
Temporary experience allowed me to try a position without truly commiting
Cons
Working for a large university can be quite a changeling
Nice place to work.
YSS Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 23, 2016
Yale University was a nice place to work. The environment was pleasant. Learned a new software. I worked there as a temp. Hope to be working there again in the future. They have very good benefits.
Not a happy environment to work in.
Account Assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 15, 2016
Your held back if your a worker and others are promoted while bullying the workers. Management/Human Resources turns the other way instead of using corrective action. Instead of bringing people together they create a divide amongst other employees. This is in one department.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Not a good environment to work in/bullying
Good Company
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 12, 2016
Working for yale is great, the medical benefits are awesome, The HR stuff is very helpful. Each department is ran different to its needs. All in all in its a great company to work for.
Geat Place to work
Clinical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  NeurologyJune 27, 2016
I have been working for Yale University as a temp for over a year. It has been a great experience while still trying to get in here permanently. Good benefits and pay as well
I have learned a great deal at Yale unfortunately the sign of the times took over.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 27, 2016
My position was a very busy one in the slide room. I would retrieve slides for cases pertaining to patients having surgery and on the table for comparison. I retrieved slides for Conferences and Tumor Boards. Filing was a major part of the position.

Interaction with other medical facilities to ask for Yale's material back when patient requested it to be sent out for a 2nd opinion. I would prepare the slides & send them Federal Express.

Also did transcription when department was very busy and covered the front desk when someone was out and or at break.
One of the better jobs I've had!
Museum Technician (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 27, 2016
Learned a great deal. Very supportive management. Ability to move within organization. Increased my own knowledge of Art field tremendously.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yale University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3