Yale University Employee Reviews in United States

Very good job condition
Senior Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  10 Amistad Street , room 314October 14, 2015
Very friendly working environments. You can got a lot of helps from your co-worker. I have very good health plan with Yale. Yale also gives tuition to your child to school.
Great place to work with supportive management
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 14, 2015
I can honestly say without a doubt that I love my job. I have a wonderful, supportive manager who truly appreciates everything I do. We work together as a team to provide the best administrative support there is.

My position does allow for growth and development as my employer offers various free work-shops to advance yourself or to hone in on particular skills you wish to improve on.

I am more than satisfied with my current employer. Excellent place to be a part of!
Benefits
Professional work enviornment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 8, 2015
Interesting work along with supportive staff. Great opportunity to work with families and with newborn children. The environment at Yale is inspiring.
A place to work where you learned something new each day.
Administative Assistant (Former Employee) –  157 Church StreetSeptember 30, 2015
I worked for Yale University for nearly 25 years. I learned a lot starting in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, then heading on to the Alumni Fund and ending in The Office of Development Office of Major Gifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my colleagues, I learned so much from them. We really became a family. Everyone has different ways to do the same job and I'm very open to learning new ways to do my job. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day. My mother's heath became an issue and her long term care took away from my job which I'm very sad about looking back. But I'm happy to report my mother now is in her home with a 24 hour care giver and well taken care of. This will give me a chance to get back in the workforce and find a new challenging position.
Pros
Health care, time off
Cons
Office morale was very low and that's a shame
Regular "9 to 5"
Animal Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 29, 2015
Everyday in this particular position was the same. Regular day, same thing. I did learn how to be constant in my pace, work ethic and to keep a smile on my face even when others struggled to. My co-workers were great. Built a relationship with each and they are normal people. All of them were much, much older than me so they were a lot more experienced in life than I was. The hardest part of the job was the schedule. I worked 2nd shift (10am-6pm). It sucked in the winter season. I really enjoyed the consistency of the job. The job's duties were the same every day and I liked that for the position it was.
Pros
Consistency
Cons
Winter season
Very good job condition
Laboratory Manager (Current Employee) –  10 Amistad Street , room 314September 28, 2015
I have been here about 10 years. This is good working place. We have very good benefit, include retirement and Yale health plan.
Every one can support each other.
Great place to work as a Postdoctoral Fellow.
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 27, 2015
Great place to work as a Postdoctoral Fellow. Great benefits, training opportunities and lots of room to grow as a Scientist.
Fun interactive environment
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for Yale. The work was great and the work area was neat and orderly. The stations were well maintained and team mates were helpful and made you feel accepted.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Just per diem available.
Nice
Teaching Assistant for Categorical Data Analysis (Former Employee) –  YSPHSeptember 9, 2015
Great place to work. Very comfortable atmosphere and great people here. I really enjoy the life here. Hope everything goes well with Yale!
Enjoyed working in Human Resources - My Sr. Representative was GREAT
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 31, 2015
Oversee and distribute workload to all clerical/technical staff
Work closely with two Senior Placement Representatives
Make travel arrangements and schedule meetings
Faxing, filing and photocopying documents as needed
Type and post medical school job openings for the university
Work with College Placement Offices for university graduates
Back up coverage of phones and creating letters of disciplinary and terminations
Ensure complete documents for new hires, promotions and demotions
Pros
The people I worked for was great individuals and very helpful needed
Productive, outstanding learning institution
Associate Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 29, 2015
There a high potential for development of knowledge and leaning process. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with very knowledgeable collogues and learning from them or educate them.
Cons
Free healthcare system
productive
Clerical Assistant/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 28, 2015
the environment on the job is excellent and they encourage you to take classes to enhance your skills for employment. Job security is great
Cons
thirty to one hr. lunch break due to depament
great place to work
Medical-Surgical, Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 21, 2015
Yale New Haven Hospital is a great hospital to work for. I can't speak for every floor but overall staffing is great, patient to nurse ratio is reasonable. A friendly, healthy environment to work at.
It was a great experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 14, 2015
I learned so much and truly value the experience of working in a laboratory. I developed a desire to pursue neuroscience in college because of the exposure that I had in high school.
Great place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 29, 2015
Lovely campus.Work culture is good. Friendly faculty and students. Encouraging scientific environment. Apply here is considering it.
Overall a great place to work
Financial Assistant 3-Treasury Services (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 27, 2015
Overall Yale was a great place to work. They offered several workplace groups to help with a lot of different things that were going on in different peoples lives. For example therapy sessions, how to deal and balance work with your personal life, stresses of daily life.
A typical day at work for me was a little hectic, usually busy. The hardest part was making sure that I balanced on a daily basis. We worked with a lot of money so it was critical to make sure that everything was accounted for at the end of the day, which it usually always was and if it wasn't there was research that needed to be done. My co-workers were great and very helpful, we most definitely worked as a team and that had to be the best part of my job.
Pros
Parking was not free but it was discounted to the employees which was a great perk.
Cons
I would have preferred to be able to interact more with other Yale staff members
good place to work with excellent benefits
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CtJuly 22, 2015
A work day was never routine. My work day could start with an emergent telephone call re a patient, computer issues, student problems, administrative problem, or a billing problem that I was responsible for resolving. Yale is a teaching establishment, so you are constantly gaining knowledge from all departments. it's a great place to meet people. Co-works have good interpersonal skills, treat each other with respect and loyalty. the hardest part of the job was periods of boredom. the most enjoyable of the job was interacting with patients, attendings, residents, and students; diversity; meeting people from all over the world; problem-solving and overseeing the department in general.
Pros
good medical benefits, great job opportunities, course offers
Cons
lack of parking
Professional Work Place
Facility Management/ Club Sports (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 16, 2015
My internship at Yale University was the greatest experience I have ever had. It is a busy and fun job to have that always has you on your toes, especially in Payne Whitney Gymnasium. The staff is extremely supportive and always does their best to make everyone's experience an enjoyable one.
Yale is a pretty good place to work if one can work in an ever changing environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 14, 2015
Yale is a great place to work if someone has to be flexible with work hours, Financial compensation is approximately 50% of pharmaceutical industry, but there a a lot of opportunities to learn new laboratory skills and a great learning environment if you make time to attend seminars.
Pros
work time flexibility, learning environment, good food
Cons
low wages, research funded on grant availability so job security is not concrete
Wish I could've stayed longer
Research Assistant for Prof. Jeffrey Sonnenfeld (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 9, 2015
The short time I spent at Yale was a life-changer. Prof. Sonnenfeld was great to work with, had amazing connections, and an uncanny ability to connect the dots.

4.3