Yale University Employee Reviews

Nice
Workday Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 6, 2016
It was really nice working there
people there are very friendly
I learned a lot while working there
Co-Workers are pretty freindly
I enjoy each and every moment
Management is very good
There was no typical day at work
Great Benefits
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 29, 2016
Good Employer and Great Benefits. Room to grow and transfer to multiple departments to gain experience in other areas of University.
I have learned a great deal at Yale unfortunately the sign of the times took over.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 27, 2016
My position was a very busy one in the slide room. I would retrieve slides for cases pertaining to patients having surgery and on the table for comparison. I retrieved slides for Conferences and Tumor Boards. Filing was a major part of the position.

Interaction with other medical facilities to ask for Yale's material back when patient requested it to be sent out for a 2nd opinion. I would prepare the slides & send them Federal Express.

Also did transcription when department was very busy and covered the front desk when someone was out and or at break.
Nice benefits and ability to learn new positions
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 1, 2016
M-F work week. Great ablity to learn when working in the actual schools of Yale University. Very diverse and friendly working environment.
The work environment was excellent
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 6, 2016
Being a Lab Assistant was rewarding, fun, and a great job overall. The people were kind and helpful. The job wasn't too complicated or complex and I was great at getting things done fast as well as thorough.
Pros
Free lunch, great work environment, great people
Cons
The smell.
yale university is wonderful and amazing place to work full of culture and very good experience
Sous Chef/Production Manager (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 14, 2015
Overseeing Yale University Culinary Support Center. Involved with the consolidated Baking, Catering and cold food production into a 16,000 sq. ft. space.
Supervised and directed 40 employees which produce a ton of food a day.
Responsible for product needs and shipment to 12 colleges and retail locations.
Overseeing all catering events and production for the kitchen and catering department.
Having a passion for food implementation have created and trained effectively new ideas for food presentation. Involving a program in quality and sustainable foods.
Committed to being a visionary, strive to maintain culinary excellence a memorable experience.
Pros
lunch is avaiable
Cons
great benefits
Yale is great!
ARS (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 6, 2017
Great environment. good location right between New York city and Boston. Beautiful campus. Really enjoy this experience at Yale.
Yale is a pretty good place to work if one can work in an ever changing environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 14, 2015
Yale is a great place to work if someone has to be flexible with work hours, Financial compensation is approximately 50% of pharmaceutical industry, but there a a lot of opportunities to learn new laboratory skills and a great learning environment if you make time to attend seminars.
Pros
work time flexibility, learning environment, good food
Cons
low wages, research funded on grant availability so job security is not concrete
Good Educational place
Youth Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 4, 2016
This place was a great place to learn how to take initiative and responsibility. The people were welcoming and accepting. this place I would definitely recommend to other people like friends and family.
Meaningful experience
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 12, 2016
I really enjoyed teaching undergraduates both semesters. It in return helped me better understand some basic micro economic concepts. I am grateful for this opportunity.
Temporary office clerk position
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 31, 2016
This was a temporary position in an office. I enjoyed the experience of working in a office that provided services to people in need of medical attention.
Pros
Temporary experience allowed me to try a position without truly commiting
Cons
Working for a large university can be quite a changeling
Great benefits and flexibility
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 15, 2013
Yale University is an great place for a working mother. The benefits are vast and there is a lot of flexibility. In belief due to the benefits, the compensation however is low. I also found that there is a lack in the management system, especially when being managed by people with out a management or business back ground, ie science professionals.

I acquired a vast amount of skills and experience from my position here at Yale. This also let for clinical trial experience which became my passion in the job. After working here, I have an extensive knowledge about all the aspects of humans participating in research studies.
Great place to work, with great benefits and job security
Account Assistant IV (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 19, 2013
Upon arrival to work in the mornings, there is a feeling of eagerness to get to work and begin the workday. Seeing that you work independently there is a sense of individual accountability for your work performance. There is also an underlying awareness of teamwork to provide the best customer service experience. Management not only makes themselves available at all times but also has great knowlege of the job that you do, so much so that they jump in and assist during staff shortge and high work volume moments. Employee's strengths are recognized by co-workers as well as mangement and utilized. The capability to multi-task is a must and expected. I enjoyed providing a quality experience to our customers/patients and representing my company and myself meticulously well
Pros
great benefits, comfortable environment
Cons
having to know the logic of all jobs from the front end, so that we as patient service reps could correct the errors on the back end
Great Place to Work.
Senior Administrative Assistant, HR (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 26, 2015
Great place to work with supportive management. Everyone is nice and helpful. They offer great benefits and plenty of learning tools so that employees may proper at becoming more successful.
Pros
Great Benefits
Good people doing important work in a great environment.
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 13, 2016
I was usually the first one in the lab because I was able to walk to work. Comradery displayed by all working towards a similar goal,
Pros
Food carts on Cedar street
Yale University
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 15, 2015
Yale is a major employer in the area and offers excellent benefits and a high quality work environment. Only problem is traffic and parking but they are aware and addressing these issues.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Parking
Yale
Hematology Oncology Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 10, 2016
Great Company to work for. Amazing Clinical Research Program. However, CRC are over worked. Not a great work life balance.
Pros
benefitd
Cons
Not a great work life balance.
Productive work place
Public Health Summer Internship (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 29, 2015
The analytic skills involved in genetic research was not covered in any course work, so it took me some efforts to keep up with the pace in our research progress. The advantage was easy to reach my supervisor and post-doc fellow, so that my questions could be solved in a timely manner. I really learned a lot in the two months training in such a pure academic environment, which was the best part of the MPH internship requirement I've experienced.
Pros
Free software, easy to reach supervisors, learned something new and outside of course work
Cons
Low compensation
Great Place to work
Team Leader, AR Dept. Cash Posting (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 19, 2016
Great place to work. I've acquired so many skills as well as got the opportunity to obtain my college degree. The job advance is endless as long as you apply yourself.
Unique working environment that recognized self motivators as well as those who followed guidelines.
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 4, 2014
Began each shift learning what existing problems, issues or concerns were unresolved by exiting shift. Standard procedures concerning mainframe reliability were reviewed and acted upon as part of a team of cooperative coworkers. Processes were monitored for efficient and reliable throughput for users.
The hardest part of the job was acclimating to a 3-night/14-hour shift, followed by 4 days off. Whereas the most enjoyable part of the job was having 3 days off each week.
Pros
Liberal paid time off, and generous benefits
Cons
lack of sufficient staff to handle off-shift hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yale University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3