Yale University Employee Reviews

great place to work
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 21, 2017
great place to work it is a very busy hospital to work at they had a lot off trauma of all type from gun shots to falls so we never new what was next kept us on our toes
Pros
learn something new every day
Cons
nevernew what was next
Most enjoyable part of the job
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 21, 2017
The leadership and people are skilled. Yale affords you the ability to contribute ones knowledge and experience to such a large organization in the advancement of health care practice.
Productive workplace with new interesting techniques
Researcher (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJune 20, 2017
Yale was a very productive workplace with willing-to-learn coworkers. This place facilitated mental growth which allowed for an even more productive workforce.
If you like to be micromanaged....
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 20, 2017
This is the place for you! Work hard and watch those who do a quarter of your work get promoted or picked for special jobs and projects. This isn't the best place to work other than pay and benefits. If you don't care about mindless work or horrible managers- then you will be fine! I learned that no matter how good you do- there will always be something that they complain about. If you want to be worked like a dog- you got the gold mine here!! Very little managerial input on job well done but a lot of criticism if you make a mistake. Too many changes and never any consistency. Union is a joke.
Pros
Free medical, Union won over the top salaries for mindless jobs
Cons
unfair process and practices regarding promotions
Overall great
Administrative Coordinator, Economic Growth Center (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 19, 2017
Benefits at Yale are unbeatable. Terrible maternity leave policy though - no pay given at all. Have to use your own sick or vacation time if you want to get paid.
Some area were stress free but i enjoyed working for yale
Custodian/Maintenance,dining service (Former Employee) –  221 whitney aveJune 12, 2017
See that my daughter is going to school in Delaware and wants me to move there I was hoping I can work for the university in Delaware to me the kids that come to college, we should make them feel welcome comfortable, and make them feel at home.
Pros
Half hour lunch
Cons
No free lunch breaks
Wonderful!
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 7, 2017
The employees are very open-minded. I have never met such a group of intelligent, well-rounded individuals. Everyone works so hard to improve in every way that they can.
Pros
educational
Food Pantry Worker (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 25, 2017
Yale University has plenty oppourtunies for people, Yale University provides great benefits also. Working there has provided me with a lot of job skills and I got to interact with people from all different backgrounds.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, and dinner, great pay
medical assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 8, 2017
very fast paces medical facility , lots of ways to grow, great patients, outstanding doctors and nurses , great care, great technology, management is well strained
Pros
great medical facility to work for
Cons
lots of hrs
fun place to work
Administrative Assistant/ Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 5, 2017
helpful, easy going, great people, always learning new things, great place for initial jobs and to build a connection, interaction is great between people

Want to know more about Yale University?

Ask a question
Learned something new every day.
IT Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 4, 2017
Was a great experience working for an Ivy League University. Very diverse organization. Working for the Office of Development was very educational in the aspect of learning how the alumni work with the university.
Great benefits and salary
Clinical Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 1, 2017
Yale can be an exciting place to work. I was hired to oversee a new center and within 4 months they made a mistake and Yale New Haven hospital took over the new area- hence they did not need my position. Very poor planning and was not concerned that they made and error and stated "this is your problem not ours"
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management
Develop annual buddget, monitoring budget vs. actuals, fiscal year end close
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 25, 2017
Developed annual budget of academic and non-academic units, monitored budget vs. actuals, provided financial analysis, developed and maintained long-term financial models, performed year-end close.
typical day
Clinical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 18, 2017
As an intake specialist I talk to new patients and explain how the process works along with gathering as much clinical information as possible from the patient. My job includes scheduling all appointments which include radiology scan, office visits, and outpatient procedures.
An amazing place to be
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 16, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the University. I gained valuable experience in customer service and leadership that I have transferred into other positions.
Great
Student (Current Employee) –  York stApril 10, 2017
Love being a student here. The professors and students are all very supportive. Being here was a large learning curve for me and with guidance from my mentor, I am making it!
Poor Adminstration
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Northfield, NJApril 10, 2017
Poor Mgmt. Survival of the fittest there. Very cut throat school. School handed out worksheets for staff to learn new programs. No training conducted on staff service days. No professional credits given out to certified staff. Worked very long hours. Criticized on every detail of job.
Pros
Cons
Poor Mgmt, Very Unfriendly Staff
Great Place to Work
Key liaison (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 3, 2017
If your lucky enough to be apart of the University family, its best that you stay there. I cant complain 10 years and counting. I was fortunate to become a full time employee after being a causal worker for six months.
Wurtele Gallery Teacher (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 3, 2017
Great place to work. One of the best places I've worked. There were plenty of opportunities for growth and learning and the campus is in a good location.
Excellent working environment with a great team
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 2, 2017
There is a strong cooperation among staff in my lab. Members are always ready to help whenever you need their assistance. There is always some work to do so you get the opportunity to improve on your statistics and modeling skills.