Yale University Employee Reviews

Good experience starting your career
Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 31, 2017
Great to build a focused career base, not very flexible as there is no or limited options for work from home or flex hours. Health benefits , 401 match is great but pay is very basic
a great place to work with benifits
grounds maintinance (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 30, 2017
a great place to work with great benefits,healthcare and pay. ive there for many years and love all the accomplishments I have worked for great people to work with all races and backgrounds
Pros
free medical
Cons
Very productive and scientifically rich place
Associate Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 27, 2017
Yale University School of Medicine is full of highly knowledgeable, productive, and scientifically brilliant people. All departments/labs/groups work cooperatively and collaboratively with each other. I have been here for past 5 years and did some great science. Now I am trying to move investigate practical application application of my research experience in Industry. That is the only reason I am looking for jobs.
Great Place to Work
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 16, 2017
Very cutting edge technology and tools in use. Enjoyed working with the people and there was a lot of support and advice from longer-tenured employees.
Excellent place to work
Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 7, 2017
Typical day at work: Productive, fun, wax on, wax off

Yale was a wonderful place to work. I have worked there for 31 years and took early retirement. I miss it.

What I learned? I learned an abundance amount of the mechanical trades throughout my years there....

Hardest part was changing out sewer ejector pumps. I did not like to do that, I always considered it a safety hazard.

Work place culture: No need to explain that one. It was Yale.

The management needed structure. Overall they were good.

Enjoyable part of job: Satisfying our customers. Meeting lots of people......It was just awesome.
Pros
Fringe benifits
Great Place!
Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 3, 2017
Employees can expect autonomy, reasonable work load, appreciation from mgmt. Great benefits and job security. Yale definitely wants you to succeed and shows it by investing in your training and education.
Hardest part of the job is combating the status quo and finding the right people who can help you make change. Best part of the job was working with many interesting and smart people at a beautiful place.
Pros
work-life balance, autonomy, benefits
productive and room for growth
Animal Technician III (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 19, 2017
Great work atmosphere
Very rewarding
Positive atmosphere
Room for growth
I have learned a ton since getting involved here
I have grown to love the laboratory experience with the animals
Working on furthering my certifications
Excellent place to work.
Clinical Pastoral Education Residency Program (Former Employee) –  MacCmillian CenterFebruary 9, 2017
in my review, it was fun working with people at Yale. Excellent place to work it was fun working at Yale University-Overall rating is a 5/5.
Pros
Enough time to read and preparation for exams.
Cons
Very expensive to pay for tuition.
HR Database for Parking and Yale Directory
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  55 Whitney Ave, New Haven, CTFebruary 1, 2017
Come in make a cup of coffee say hello to everyone, Go to my desk and perform my duties retrieving data from Yale HR database to enter and maintain employee carpoolers data, confidentially. There was nothing hard about this job it was a part time jog, I enjoyed the keying in data,
Pay and learning experiences were good, communication and management was terrible
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, VTJanuary 30, 2017
I earned a good amount of money and learned a great deal in many fields. However communicating about compensation and getting that all set up was not the best experience.
Pros
Pay, learning opportunities, variety
Cons
Communication
Great Job!
Postgraduate Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 24, 2017
This was a great opportunity! It helped me to grow and learn more lab techniques. Also, my co-workers were really welcoming and open to questions. The laboratory conditions were really good, everything is on place, all the equipment are in excellent conditions. Great team work!
Great Place, great people good company
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 24, 2017
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
Fun place to work
Dining Hall Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 24, 2017
Working at Yale University is great. I love the people and the management at the different dining halls. I joke around with my coworkers and it is a fun environment. Since we have a fun time on the job doing while we are doing our jobs. The hard part about the dining halls is that I don't get enough work. When getting the position I was expecting it to be steady work, it turned out to be that it was only a casual placement. You then must work 390 hours to bid on full-time. It is kind of hard to manage with having Stop and Shop. I just do not want to give up my health care right now that I get. So I will have to have it worked around my hours somehow.
Pros
friendly environment, great dining halls
Cons
casual job, no health care
Educational research environment
Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 24, 2017
On most days workload was acceptable.
Work environment was safe.
Repetative movements involced in work.
Co-workers and Management behavior made for negative environment
Good salary flexible hours
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 23, 2017
I have found working at Yale to be very valuable and they are extremely flexible with student schedules. A great opportunity for full-time students who want to gain experience and make money!
An amazing place to work
Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 17, 2017
It was amazing to work with this internationally renowned group, and be a part of their ground breaking research on Tourette Syndrome and Obsessive Compulsive disorder. To be a part of patient evaluations with this group was truly amazing.
Pros
very intellectually stimulating, I learned a lot about these disorders and the research process
Cons
Intense work environment. Pressure to produce publications
Yale is great!
ARS (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 6, 2017
Great environment. good location right between New York city and Boston. Beautiful campus. Really enjoy this experience at Yale.
I worked in a very fast paced environment, very busy and a promising career, it's also a productive environment.
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 4, 2017
I liked working at Yale University, the people were friendly and easy to get along with, good positive energy. I wish I can get back into this company,
Pros
I recommend anyone to work at Yale University, the environment and the people are excellent, I had no regrets working there, I would love to work there again.
Cons
There would be days where there would be less work.
Great experience with animals
Summer Internship, Yale University (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 15, 2016
Tracked movements of insects
Learned how to set up field traps
Assisted in dissecting specimens
Oversaw the experiments taken place on insect habitats as well as helped type up data sheets
Coordinated traveling routes that were most efficient
It was a tempory position
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 1, 2016
I was hired through a temporary agency. It was a nice experience to have been a part of such a great organization. I was hired straight out of high school on a temp to permanent basis