Yale University Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with plenty of advancement opportunities
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 26, 2015
I love working at Yale. There are plenty of great people that work here but there are also people aren't the best to work with. Unfrotuanly that is the perception workers are left with and they tell others about how lazy people are. The some aren't but I would be willing to say the good majority are lazy and since it is union they think they can't get fired. Union people just play some game that lets them keep their job while others bust their hump. It is downright annoying but other than some people it is a great environment and working with various clients is great too.
Pros
Free lunch, Overtime usually
Cons
Nasty people
project writing
Fulbright Scholar at Yale University (Former Employee) –  New HeavenMarch 24, 2015
I wrote the program of reforming management for the health care industry of Georgia.
The task was to prepare the healthcare reforming draft. I analyzed the different examples of alternative reforming management. Established some indicators and wrote management document for the country.
Pros
great university
Cons
short period of grant
pharmacy
Certified Pharmacy Technician I (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 12, 2015
Its a large hospital but the staff make it happen. The main goal is that the patient gets the medication in a timely fashion
supportive environment
Clinician (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 3, 2015
I was a Clinician at YCSC, great place to work, fantastic benefits, little politics although salaries are poor. Yale University providers a flexible schedule but does offend expect professional employees to work often from home.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor salares
Good
Manager (Former Employee) –  New haven ConnecticutMarch 3, 2015
Room for advancement great job security. Just a lot of internal politics to deal with on a daily basis. A lot of misdirection rather than support. Felt alone most of the time with lack of support from the administration.
Pros
good salary
Cons
poor administration
Excellent Wok/Life Balance
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day includes responding to all ltypes of inquiries, emails and calls from various departments. You process, synthesize and execute solutions to problems from nominal to in depth. You coordinate projects and review overlaps of resources.

I have learned adaptability and systematic thinking in approaching solutions. I've have learned to establish short-term and long terms solutions even in times of deficit.

The hardest part of job is identifying all impacted parties of problems and solutions.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the learning environment.
Difficult management
Central service technician (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 28, 2015
Management don't compromise with the schedule. The hospital has a favorable environment to work in.
Great work atmosphere
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 13, 2015
Great work environment with lots of educational training available. Flexible hours and discretion allowed in your own clinical work. Great supervision.
Pros
educationa training, benefits
Cons
mobility up the latter is difficult due to politics
Love working at YaleUniversity
General Services Assistant (Part-time/Per diem) (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 8, 2015
I learned the skills of a dish room in a large facility. I learned the components of the dish washer and the order of tasks at the different dining halls. I worked well with other in groups and also completed tasks that was assigned to me independently.
Pros
rate of pay, benefits once hired permanently, unionized once hired permanently
Cons
unstable hours and no benefits as a casual
Great experience working for this prestigious intitution
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 13, 2014
Academic environment. Great work experience. Lots of fun and exciting projects to work on.
Culturally diversed and promotes professional development
Accountant & Financial Assistant/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medical School and Central CampusNovember 26, 2014
A great place with cultural diversity and opportunity to learn and grow.

I experienced three promotions over a two-year period. My job involved many positive interpersonal relationships and professional interactions with faculty, staff, and students as I communicated the departments' accounting procedures and the university's financial policies. I enjoyed helping others overcome their frustrations.

I learned accounting skills that were not in the text books. Also, I was exposed to a wide array of accounting software programs and system. Examples are: Lotus 123, Quatro Pro, Paradox, Excel, and the Walker System.

Work in some departments involved high volume of activities which require constant multi-tasking and setting priority. However, the most challenging times were meeting deadlines for grant/contract renewal or closing.
Pros
healthcare benefit, tuition reimbursement
Cons
parking costs
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 24, 2014
Great place to work. Would love to find a full time job at Yale. Great culture and geat work life balance.
nice
Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 20, 2014
great benefits, team work and many different positions that a person can apply for.
Productive and educational
Bike Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 28, 2014
A typical work day was conducting surveys and lockouts for the students. I learned that just because an organization has alot of money and property doesn't mean that every department is a reflection of that prestige. Management at the time were not the most professional, but tolerable. My co-workers were great guys and we got along well. The hardest part of the job was receiving multiple calls simultaneously. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get to the calls in record time.
Pros
good free exercise
Cons
there was no discipline or communication
Multitasking environment
Office Assistant (Customer Service Center) (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 27, 2014
In facilities I shared information knowledge and experiences as I worked as a team to accomplish our duties.
Productive, creative, and enjoyable
Associate Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Kline Biology Tower, New HavenOctober 23, 2014
Dynamic colleagues working on cutting-edge scientific questions.
productive and excellent work place but no balance between work and life
Associate research scientist (Former Employee) –  New HavenOctober 19, 2014
exceptionnal diversity and opportunities but difficult to balance work and life.
Cutting edge technology and not much limitation in ressources
Need strong personnality / good interpersonnal skills to deal with stress, competition ...
Rewarding workplace
Director of Compliance (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 16, 2014
Yale provides an incredible opportunity to educate motivated and talented students.
Very stressful
Graduate Student Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 6, 2014
Excellent place to conduct novel research, but extremely stressful
Great institution to work
Manager, Health Information Services (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 2, 2014
Great institution to work. Located on the east coast in close proximity to Boston, NY, Phioladelphia and Washington

4.3