Yale University Employee Reviews in United States

Professional work enviornment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 8, 2015
Interesting work along with supportive staff. Great opportunity to work with families and with newborn children. The environment at Yale is inspiring.
Great environment
Undergraduate Summer Researcher (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 18, 2015
Undergraduate interns were expected to work hard and were pushed to their best. I have never learned so much in a short amount of time
Productive, outstanding learning institution
Associate Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 29, 2015
There a high potential for development of knowledge and leaning process. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with very knowledgeable collogues and learning from them or educate them.
Cons
Free healthcare system
Fun interactive environment
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for Yale. The work was great and the work area was neat and orderly. The stations were well maintained and team mates were helpful and made you feel accepted.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Just per diem available.
they are all smart people around you.
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 18, 2012
i love working at Yale university. I learned new things every day.
i had been working there about 10 years. it is a wonderful place to work at.
Cons
benefits are good
Outstanding place
Sterling Professor of Genetics and Pediatrics (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 7, 2015
Yale is terrific place where my entire career has been spent. It nurtured me at an early point and has been a collaborative, exciting environment. However, I'm reaching age 65 and it's time to let junior people come in, and time for me to make a change.
efficent practice, with highly compentent employees
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 24, 2014
Great place to work Excellent benefits, and very competative pay
Cons
from my perspective
I wanted to be hired by Yale, but they did not hire me until 6 weeks after I graduated.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 29, 2015
I already excepted job at New Rochelle when Yale called to hire me.
I accepted weekends only, Had to compensate New Rochelle by working all the overtime shifts during the week so they wouldn't call me on weekends if needed.

I got along extremely well with staff, They did not want me to leave and move to San Diego.

My typical day was all needed exams.

The best part of the job was that I only worked weekends.

The hardest part of the job was the case load especially if someone called in sick,
Great benefits, and pay
Custodian (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 28, 2013
Great place to work, but very little to know work appreciation.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
no bonuses, pay for parking, hard to get promoted
Nice
Teaching Assistant for Categorical Data Analysis (Former Employee) –  YSPHSeptember 9, 2015
Great place to work. Very comfortable atmosphere and great people here. I really enjoy the life here. Hope everything goes well with Yale!
Very exciting workplace
Postdoctoral Associate (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 5, 2015
I learned a lot working at Yale University. I diversified and became a part of the leadership team at a career organization which enabled me to network and learn more able different career paths.
There is access to a lot of resources and chance for collaboration here at Yale and I have the opportunity of being an independent researcher.
Pros
Seminars, career events
Cons
less guidance
Great place to work !
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 13, 2014
Yale University great place to work excellent benefits and flexible schedule.
great place to work
Medical-Surgical, Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 21, 2015
Yale New Haven Hospital is a great hospital to work for. I can't speak for every floor but overall staffing is great, patient to nurse ratio is reasonable. A friendly, healthy environment to work at.
Great organization to work for!
Sr. Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 28, 2015
Great organization to work for! There is definitely room for advancement. There are lots of opportunities to learn and grow within organization.
Professional Work Place
Facility Management/ Club Sports (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 16, 2015
My internship at Yale University was the greatest experience I have ever had. It is a busy and fun job to have that always has you on your toes, especially in Payne Whitney Gymnasium. The staff is extremely supportive and always does their best to make everyone's experience an enjoyable one.
Great place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 29, 2015
Lovely campus.Work culture is good. Friendly faculty and students. Encouraging scientific environment. Apply here is considering it.
It was a great experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 14, 2015
I learned so much and truly value the experience of working in a laboratory. I developed a desire to pursue neuroscience in college because of the exposure that I had in high school.
Culturally diversed and promotes professional development
Accountant & Financial Assistant/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medical School and Central CampusNovember 26, 2014
A great place with cultural diversity and opportunity to learn and grow.

I experienced three promotions over a two-year period. My job involved many positive interpersonal relationships and professional interactions with faculty, staff, and students as I communicated the departments' accounting procedures and the university's financial policies. I enjoyed helping others overcome their frustrations.

I learned accounting skills that were not in the text books. Also, I was exposed to a wide array of accounting software programs and system. Examples are: Lotus 123, Quatro Pro, Paradox, Excel, and the Walker System.

Work in some departments involved high volume of activities which require constant multi-tasking and setting priority. However, the most challenging times were meeting deadlines for grant/contract renewal or closing.
Pros
healthcare benefit, tuition reimbursement
Cons
parking costs
Gift Shop
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 8, 2013
I'm only an intern at the gift shop. I really enjoy it there. Friendly employees, manager, customers. I wish there were more for me to do there, also because I would like to gain more experience for customer services. According to the manager, and other employees, my performance is great.
So why not hire me? At the moment they are hiring and i'm currently trying to get permanent employment there, but I don't have the requirement of 2 full years experience in customer service. Kind of a disappointment since the manager did say he likes my performance. I work hard, fast, and I'm very friendly.
Pros
volunteer discount, gaining some experience to my resume, and more references
Cons
hard to get a job if you dont meet the requirements of 2 years experience in customer service
Wish I could've stayed longer
Research Assistant for Prof. Jeffrey Sonnenfeld (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 9, 2015
The short time I spent at Yale was a life-changer. Prof. Sonnenfeld was great to work with, had amazing connections, and an uncanny ability to connect the dots.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yale University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3