Yale University

Yale University Employer Reviews

A great university
Postdoctoral Associate (Current Employee), New Haven, CTFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: health care
Excellent research environment
Very stimulating, challenging and interesting
Collaborations are very useful
People are friendly and productive
Beautiful Christmas Party's
Clinical Receptionist II (Former Employee), New Haven, CTFebruary 25, 2013
Print Schedule with notes if Referral or Co-pay's are require
Cross train on all positions
Management was great
Team work
When there is no teamwork
Morning meeting with breakfast
Great place for trainee
Associate Research Scientist (Current Employee), New Haven, CTFebruary 13, 2013
talented colleagues, convenient environments, great benefit, devised culture

a bit unsafe location.
Entire team makes going to work enjoyable and fun.
Morgue Technician (Former Employee), New Haven, CTFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: great staff, learn a lot
Typical day includes paperwork and autopsies. Learned how to accession patients, assist with autopsies, clean and prepare instruments, etc. Management was great and helpful! Co-workers were fun and enjoyable. Hardest part was preparing all paperwork. Most enjoyable part was doing an autopsy and learning something new everyday.
It was a great work environment
Maintenance (Former Employee), New Haven, CTFebruary 8, 2013
Would have liked to have stayed and continued working for them

March 30, 2013

why did you leave

Great Experience Great People
Epic Beacon Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee), New Haven, CTFebruary 8, 2013
Yale New Haven Hospital had Go-Live on 2/1/13
Great Staff / Great Co-workers
Great place to start your professional career.
Associate Research Scientist (Current Employee), New Haven, CTFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: a lot seminars.
Cons: low pay.
Yale is a great place to learn and work for excellent resources and terrific management.
Casual Worker
Materials Assistant (Casual Employee) (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 24, 2013
I work for Yale as a casual employee. I have been working there going on three years.
Great place to work, with great benefits and job security
Account Assistant IV (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: great benefits, comfortable environment
Cons: having to know the logic of all jobs from the front end, so that we as patient service reps could correct the errors on the back end
Upon arrival to work in the mornings, there is a feeling of eagerness to get to work and begin the workday. Seeing that you work independently there is a sense of individual accountability for your work performance. There is also an underlying awareness of teamwork to provide the best customer service experience. Management not only makes themselves – more... available at all times but also has great knowlege of the job that you do, so much so that they jump in and assist during staff shortge and high work volume moments. Employee's strengths are recognized by co-workers as well as mangement and utilized. The capability to multi-task is a must and expected. I enjoyed providing a quality experience to our customers/patients and representing my company and myself meticulously well – less
nice place to work
Research Assistant II (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 2, 2013
You can learn anything in Yale University if you wish. The working environment was very nice, professors are very knowledgeable. there were a lot of free seminars you can attend.
wonderful workplace
Banquet Caterer/Server (Former Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 31, 2012
Pros: great food
Cons: sometimes no breaks
worked with agencies such as cheif justices of connecticut,learned exceptional customer service skills, managers were easy going and prepared, my coworkers worked together in ana orderly fashion,hardest part of the job was the deadlines,most enjoyable was the diverse group of people i met, some were often famous
PATROL
Security Officer (Current Employee), Mesquite, TXDecember 26, 2012
I LOVE TWO BE SECURITY OFFICEER YOU WILL FEEL LIKE YOU A REAL POLICE.THAT WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT
Good work place
Research Study Interviewer (Current Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 14, 2012
My job as a research interviewer requires me to call subjects to schedule interviews. The schedule is very flexible since i can schedule the interviews during whatever time works best for me. I meet with other interviewers once a week to turn in the interviews i conducted for the week.
fun and very productve work place
recovery mentor (Former Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 11, 2012
Pros: we traveled to alot of exciting events
Cons: medical issues
I loved going to retreve my clients from mental health facilities,bringing them back. Starting to build a trusting relationship and keeping them safe. To give them a sense of responsibility and opportunities for growth.
Great Place to work
Gardener (Former Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 3, 2012
Best job ever cant wait to go back went to work with a smile everyday more like family
Productive and fast paced environment
Security Guard (Current Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 4, 2012
Pros: great benfits
As the security officer, my responsibilities included CCTV monitoring, making presence known to deter any suspicious patron/behavior, and/or patrolling buildings and street areas. I have learned so far how to adapt with university environment and always customer service. My supervisors also rely on my ability to communicate well with irate employees/guests, – more... arrive to work on time in professional uniform, and to be alert at all times. Co-workers are amazing hard working people who come together like family to make the hard times easier and the good times even better. The hardest part of the job is being outside during bad weather and the most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with people who come from all over the world and being able to full-fill their needs when needed. – less
Taught me a lot
Desk Attendant/ Pantry Worker (Former Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 1, 2012
Pros: pay, coworkers, time off, health care
Cons: management
Working at Yale University taught me how to work with people on various types of socials levels. I also learn a great deal in providing awesome customer service.
Working in an academic environment was enjoyable
Assistant Director of Student Information (Former Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 23, 2012
Pros: ability to work on my own
Cons: less to do during the winter months
Typical Day: Depending on the time of year, set up classes in database, updated web page, working with staff from various departments on commencement activities

I learned how to write queries, how to use Microsoft Publisher and FrontPage

Management - very easy going - we just needed to get the job done

Co-workers - fun, supportive, friendly

Hardest – more... and most enjoyable parts of the job were making sure everything was in place for Orientation and Commencement – less
Yale New Haven Hospital
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 19, 2012
Pros: large institution with plenty of movement available.
Cons: hypocritical environment, the upper management does not care about its people even through they say they do.
Hypocritical environment. Of course they tout YNHH as the employer of choice but the truth is the work environment is not that great and the benefits are on average less than I have received at other employers.
Productive and challenging work place
Post-doctoral associate (Former Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 11, 2012
The work at Yale is a very motivating, intellectually challenging experience which involves interaction with colleagues and collaborators on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the work is the flexibility of the research and the challenge of understanding and solving the issues which rise from current understanding of our field.

About Yale University

What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the – Read more