Yale University

Yale University Employer Reviews

fun and very productve work place
recovery mentor (Former Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 11, 2012
Pros: we traveled to alot of exciting events
Cons: medical issues
I loved going to retreve my clients from mental health facilities,bringing them back. Starting to build a trusting relationship and keeping them safe. To give them a sense of responsibility and opportunities for growth.
Great Place to work
Gardener (Former Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 3, 2012
Best job ever cant wait to go back went to work with a smile everyday more like family
Productive and fast paced environment
Security Guard (Current Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 4, 2012
Pros: great benfits
As the security officer, my responsibilities included CCTV monitoring, making presence known to deter any suspicious patron/behavior, and/or patrolling buildings and street areas. I have learned so far how to adapt with university environment and always customer service. My supervisors also rely on my ability to communicate well with irate employees/guests, – more... arrive to work on time in professional uniform, and to be alert at all times. Co-workers are amazing hard working people who come together like family to make the hard times easier and the good times even better. The hardest part of the job is being outside during bad weather and the most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with people who come from all over the world and being able to full-fill their needs when needed. – less
Taught me a lot
Desk Attendant/ Pantry Worker (Former Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 1, 2012
Pros: pay, coworkers, time off, health care
Cons: management
Working at Yale University taught me how to work with people on various types of socials levels. I also learn a great deal in providing awesome customer service.
Working in an academic environment was enjoyable
Assistant Director of Student Information (Former Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 23, 2012
Pros: ability to work on my own
Cons: less to do during the winter months
Typical Day: Depending on the time of year, set up classes in database, updated web page, working with staff from various departments on commencement activities

I learned how to write queries, how to use Microsoft Publisher and FrontPage

Management - very easy going - we just needed to get the job done

Co-workers - fun, supportive, friendly

Hardest – more... and most enjoyable parts of the job were making sure everything was in place for Orientation and Commencement – less
Yale New Haven Hospital
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 19, 2012
Pros: large institution with plenty of movement available.
Cons: hypocritical environment, the upper management does not care about its people even through they say they do.
Hypocritical environment. Of course they tout YNHH as the employer of choice but the truth is the work environment is not that great and the benefits are on average less than I have received at other employers.
Productive and challenging work place
Post-doctoral associate (Former Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 11, 2012
The work at Yale is a very motivating, intellectually challenging experience which involves interaction with colleagues and collaborators on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the work is the flexibility of the research and the challenge of understanding and solving the issues which rise from current understanding of our field.
Great job and place to work.
Test Proctor (Current Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 10, 2012
My job in general is a great position to have. I check in individuals who are there for testing, seat them accordingly, hand out the test booklwts and answer key, read the instructions and allow for breaks if necessary. Most importantly, I make sure everyones eyes stay on their own paper. My co workers are all very nice and helpful. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job is that I am allowed to bring homework to work on while the individuals are testing. – less
maintenance of and providing training on flow cytometers
R & DTech 2 (Current Employee), New Haven, CTSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: salary paid by facs users
Cons: not involved in decision-making process
daily maintenace and performance checking on 3 types of cytometers
provide weekly training on cytometers
little contact with director, some with manager
enjoyable: contact with diverse population of FASCS users and providing help where needed
hardest: not having too much clout in decisions made by co-workers with more years on the job; suggestions ignored
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), New Haven, CTSeptember 17, 2012
Yale University is a wonderful employer. The benefits and work/life balance are good. My co-workers were the BEST! Campus life offers a great deal in the way of entertainment and enrichment.
YNHH Dietetic Internship
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee), New Haven, CTAugust 20, 2012
The Yale-New Haven Hospital dietetic internship gave me a great experience
It's... Yale.
English Instructor (Former Employee), New Haven, CTAugust 2, 2012
Pros: intellectually stimulating community and course materials.
Cons: parking and initially payroll.
Coursework is highly stimulating and ethically motivated. Class sizes are highly manageable. Truly a privilege.
Fast Paced Clinical Research, Grant Funded
Lead Research Assistant (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJuly 21, 2012
Screening and recruiting participants for various studies. Time management, awareness and precision detail. Overseeing daily activities of out patient participants, grant writing, formulate new studies as well as implementation. All of our co-workers were peer interviewed and were selected based on fit, very democratic hiring process, as well as harmonious – more... office setting. Retention of participants in order to keep the studies moving forward was one of the most difficult aspects of this position. The one-to-one interaction with patients and group activities were among the enjoyable pieces of this job. – less
Great Work Place very Relaxed
Curriculum Associate (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJune 19, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: toooo quiet
I miss this place. I was so sad that it was a temporary position but i left with great memories!
they are all smart people around you.
Research Associate (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJune 18, 2012
Cons: benefits are good
i love working at Yale university. I learned new things every day.
i had been working there about 10 years. it is a wonderful place to work at.
Poor management.
Preschool Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Caracas, VenezuelaMay 31, 2012
Unfortunately the management was low and was reflected by the staff performance.
State of the Art hockey facility.
Director of Ingalls Rink (Former Employee), New Haven, CTMay 11, 2012
I was given the freedom to manage and direct my facility at my discresion. My interaction with all users was very rewarding and enjoyable. I thoroughly enjoyed working with all the people in the athletic department.
Good experience
Organizing Assistant to the Program Coordinator (Former Employee), New Haven, CTMay 4, 2012
Worked for Divinity school's conference on the Cosmos. Enjoyed Yale, the culture, and atmosphere. Red tape is only setback.
It was fun while it lasted.
Medical Records Technician Assistant (Former Employee), New Haven, CTMay 2, 2012
Pros: it was fun while it lasted.
Cons: 6 month assignment only.
It also was a good work experience and the Health Services Department at Yale University were about ethics and training. It was wonderful working there and we did work. Department had alot of physical movement.
A great place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New Haven, CTApril 9, 2012
Pros: positive work environment
Cons: not really
A typical day depends on the time of year. There are times where there is a lot of arrangements to be made, organizing travel and many other things to maintain smooth office operations.

About Yale University

What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the – Read more