Yale University Employee Reviews

Very good job condition
Laboratory Manager (Current Employee) –  10 Amistad Street , room 314September 28, 2015
I have been here about 10 years. This is good working place. We have very good benefit, include retirement and Yale health plan.
Every one can support each other.
Great place to work as a Postdoctoral Fellow.
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 27, 2015
Great place to work as a Postdoctoral Fellow. Great benefits, training opportunities and lots of room to grow as a Scientist.
Fun interactive environment
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for Yale. The work was great and the work area was neat and orderly. The stations were well maintained and team mates were helpful and made you feel accepted.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Just per diem available.
Nice
Teaching Assistant for Categorical Data Analysis (Former Employee) –  YSPHSeptember 9, 2015
Great place to work. Very comfortable atmosphere and great people here. I really enjoy the life here. Hope everything goes well with Yale!
Enjoyed working in Human Resources - My Sr. Representative was GREAT
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 31, 2015
Oversee and distribute workload to all clerical/technical staff
Work closely with two Senior Placement Representatives
Make travel arrangements and schedule meetings
Faxing, filing and photocopying documents as needed
Type and post medical school job openings for the university
Work with College Placement Offices for university graduates
Back up coverage of phones and creating letters of disciplinary and terminations
Ensure complete documents for new hires, promotions and demotions
Pros
The people I worked for was great individuals and very helpful needed
Productive, outstanding learning institution
Associate Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 29, 2015
There a high potential for development of knowledge and leaning process. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with very knowledgeable collogues and learning from them or educate them.
Cons
Free healthcare system
productive
Clerical Assistant/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 28, 2015
the environment on the job is excellent and they encourage you to take classes to enhance your skills for employment. Job security is great
Cons
thirty to one hr. lunch break due to depament
great place to work
Medical-Surgical, Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 21, 2015
Yale New Haven Hospital is a great hospital to work for. I can't speak for every floor but overall staffing is great, patient to nurse ratio is reasonable. A friendly, healthy environment to work at.
It was a great experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 14, 2015
I learned so much and truly value the experience of working in a laboratory. I developed a desire to pursue neuroscience in college because of the exposure that I had in high school.
Great place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 29, 2015
Lovely campus.Work culture is good. Friendly faculty and students. Encouraging scientific environment. Apply here is considering it.
Overall a great place to work
Financial Assistant 3-Treasury Services (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 27, 2015
Overall Yale was a great place to work. They offered several workplace groups to help with a lot of different things that were going on in different peoples lives. For example therapy sessions, how to deal and balance work with your personal life, stresses of daily life.
A typical day at work for me was a little hectic, usually busy. The hardest part was making sure that I balanced on a daily basis. We worked with a lot of money so it was critical to make sure that everything was accounted for at the end of the day, which it usually always was and if it wasn't there was research that needed to be done. My co-workers were great and very helpful, we most definitely worked as a team and that had to be the best part of my job.
Pros
Parking was not free but it was discounted to the employees which was a great perk.
Cons
I would have preferred to be able to interact more with other Yale staff members
good place to work with excellent benefits
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CtJuly 22, 2015
A work day was never routine. My work day could start with an emergent telephone call re a patient, computer issues, student problems, administrative problem, or a billing problem that I was responsible for resolving. Yale is a teaching establishment, so you are constantly gaining knowledge from all departments. it's a great place to meet people. Co-works have good interpersonal skills, treat each other with respect and loyalty. the hardest part of the job was periods of boredom. the most enjoyable of the job was interacting with patients, attendings, residents, and students; diversity; meeting people from all over the world; problem-solving and overseeing the department in general.
Pros
good medical benefits, great job opportunities, course offers
Cons
lack of parking
Professional Work Place
Facility Management/ Club Sports (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 16, 2015
My internship at Yale University was the greatest experience I have ever had. It is a busy and fun job to have that always has you on your toes, especially in Payne Whitney Gymnasium. The staff is extremely supportive and always does their best to make everyone's experience an enjoyable one.
Yale is a pretty good place to work if one can work in an ever changing environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 14, 2015
Yale is a great place to work if someone has to be flexible with work hours, Financial compensation is approximately 50% of pharmaceutical industry, but there a a lot of opportunities to learn new laboratory skills and a great learning environment if you make time to attend seminars.
Pros
work time flexibility, learning environment, good food
Cons
low wages, research funded on grant availability so job security is not concrete
Wish I could've stayed longer
Research Assistant for Prof. Jeffrey Sonnenfeld (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 9, 2015
The short time I spent at Yale was a life-changer. Prof. Sonnenfeld was great to work with, had amazing connections, and an uncanny ability to connect the dots.
Enjoyed my job. The people (employees) are great people with one goal in mind.
Discharge Planning Representative (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 6, 2015
Enjoyed my job! I liked the hours. It is located near downtown New Haven, easy access on/off highway exit ramps. There are lots of food vendors right outside the hospital for quick lunches, as well as various restaurants in the immediate area.
Pros
the salary and benefits
Cons
na
The best experience ever
Postdoc Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 27, 2015
No one will disprove that Yale University is an awesome place to work at. Once in a life time experience. Highly reccomended to anyone, especially if you're coming from outside the USA.
Nice Place to work
Postoctoral Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 25, 2015
Pleasant environment, friendly people, good research opportunities, nice location. The campus looks pretty. I grew up as scientist there.
Great environment
Undergraduate Summer Researcher (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 18, 2015
Undergraduate interns were expected to work hard and were pushed to their best. I have never learned so much in a short amount of time
Lots of room for growth
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CtJune 16, 2015
Yale University offers an exceptional benefits package for its employees, medical as well as paid time off. The atmosphere is very comfortable and welcoming. There are many opportunities for job growth, which makes many possibilities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yale University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3