Yale University

Yale University United States Employee Reviews

productive work environment
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJuly 31, 2013
Learned how to work productively in an efficient way and how to manage different types of coworkers.
Not a great fit for being then pretty computer illiterate, but I was challenged to learn as much as possible
Computer sales and consultation (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJuly 5, 2013
Pros: learning about computers in the early stages of the computer age.
Cons: only able to work there about a year, i had to leave at the time of the birth of our second child.
I really just fell into the job through a friend and was grateful for the work. The people around me were kind to me and patient with my lack of knowledge. I asked many questions and learned, bit by bit, about the various computers that were sold to Yale students and staff.
The neurological department of Yale´s medical school had the need of a therapeutic Visual stimulus calibration tool and therapeutic visual stimulus ga
Senior .Net Developer (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJuly 5, 2013
Pros: c#.net, wpf, visual studio 2012 expression blend tfs .net 4.5., javascript, ajax, active directory, soap, ui, json, xml
Responsibilities:

• Planning and estimation of the developing and deployment times.
• Involved in the production of the Architectural design
• Participated in the developing of Software and enhancements
• Participated in the research of the physical capabilities of displays and video cards.
• Use of WPF performance kit to verify that the rendering tread did sync up with the flat panel´s refresh ratio.
• Participated in the Achievement of 10 ms screen refresh in 120 hz flat panel
• Participated in the design, development and deployment of SQL database.
• Worked closely with SOAP UI for external and internal services to get valid Requests and Responses.
• Involved in streamlining the migration process; refining the processes such as Custom Build and Custom release.
• Experience in client interactions, coordination and deployment.
• Involved in Architecture design and code review.
• Acted as liaison between management and development team for Requirements and QA.
• Advanced knowledge with designer tools such as Microsoft Visio.
• Effective in working independently and collaboratively in teams.
I love this job and always motivated to go to work
casual dining services (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJune 22, 2013
Pros: free food all day, loyal yale family, one of my passions
Cons: n/a
Yale University is one of my ideal jobs. They gave me the opportunity to do something I enjoy even at home...Cook. When I get to work the first thing I do is see whats on the menu for the day. I get things set up, cleaned and help the chef where its needed. I love my Yale family, we all help each other get thru the day in a fun but professional way. I enjoy connecting with the Yale students and befriending them. We all recognize each others name and approach other in a joyful manner. The hardest part is when its extremely too slow and there is absolutely nothing to do, but we always find a way to stay motivated!!
Surrounded by very talented people.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJune 20, 2013
Surrounded by very talented people. It was a part time research assistant job that allowed me to work with some of the brightest minds in the world.
My years at yale university as a worker went by very quick. I made the most out of it.
Custodian (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJune 19, 2013
Pros: good benefits and pay
Cons: i had a tough time with some of my supervisors
I enjoyed working at yale for over 20 years.I learned alot from so many of my co-workers.I hope to return their one day.
A place we would all like to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJune 18, 2013
Pros: great boss. lots of room for advancement
Cons: was sold
I had the best experience ever working for a boss that wanted to offer me so many advancements, but time did not permit. I was only a temp but i am sure if they were not sold to Yale New Haven Hospital I would have still been there today.
Life of a graduate student.
Graduate Student (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJune 10, 2013
Pros: being a student.
Cons: being a student.
Go to work. Code, write, calculate. Go home. Repeat.

I studied high energy physics, doing correlation studies on millions of heavy ion collision events, looking for proof of the QGP.

I worked under a very kind professor, and co-workers were all excellent. The greatest part of the job was the solitude, I was able to focus on what needed to be done.
Very good work environment
Dining Service (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJune 4, 2013
Accountable for prepping food & breaking it down.
Serving hot food in a proper manner
Working in the dish room, sweeping and mopping floors.
Followed many tasks when asked
My first paid research position
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee), New Haven, CTMay 23, 2013
Pros: academic setting, location, subject knowledge
Cons: absent manager, no formal training
Yale was an amazing place to work, considering the location and academic environment. I worked in a small research office, and I carved out my own job responsibilities. My predecessor left abruptly for med school and the doctor leading the way was new. He hadn't carved out research plans or metrics to be honest. He was working on his animal research and I kept myself busy trying to organize any data available. I needed Yale to give me insight into what was lacking in coordinating research. Often I sat in on meetings with other department clinics, and I even taught myself the Internal Review Board submission and renewal process. Yale was the perfect stepping stone to Prometheus Research, who landed a major contract with the autism laboratory there. As an analyst at Prometheus doing requirements gathering in other research laboratories, I was able to quickly connect and identify my clients' needs. The latter skill has improved tenfold with experience.
clinical setting (hospital), fast paced
Office Assistant II, Auditor (Current Employee), new haven, ctMay 11, 2013
clinical setting (hospital), fast paced..........must multi-task
Excellent place to work
Associate Research Scientist (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMay 6, 2013
Highly Intellectual crowd excelled in multidisciplinary areas
Excellent place to work
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New Haven, CTMay 6, 2013
Pros: hour lunches
Replying to messages faxed through answering service
Answer phone
Take messages
Faxing
Release medical records
Excellent co-workers
Agree with enter at your own risk
Manager (Current Employee), Central CampusApril 22, 2013
Pros: decent work life balance and benefits
Cons: terrible managament of staff and support staff, can't speak for faculty
Can't speak for university as a whole as each dept. varies. Lot's of inflated egos who can do no wrong unfortunately.

Unless one is a brown noser and bows down to the inflated egos, your life will be miserable.
Productive, Observing, Adaptable, Learning
YALE SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Former Employee), New Haven, CTApril 14, 2013
Clinical Rotation (Clerkship): Responsible for history taking, performed physical examination, discussed patient’s lab work, treatment plan, and diagnosis with senior physician. Dictating physician’s notes to an electronic system, and making rounds in the wards (units) and NICU with fellow physician. Attending noon conferences for further knowledge.
Very productive workplace environment
Research Assistant II (Lab Manager) (Current Employee), New Haven, CTApril 13, 2013
Yale University is a great place to work. Coworkers are equally advanced and well qualified for their duties. Supervisor is very nice to workers.
enter at your own risk
grounds and maintenance (Current Employee), New Haven, CTApril 11, 2013
Pros: befenfits.
Cons: management and how they treat poeple
I have worked here for some time now. I have seen my joy of going to work vanish. Bosses now will yell at you, belittle you in front of anyone. Management uses all types of intimidation. They don’t care about safety until someone gets hurt. You would think that a place like this would have a very high stander and would not treat people like they do. Forget about HR they are no help. I watch a man loss a week of pay because a co-worker was harassing him. He reported it shop stewart, his boss, then to HR. HR then suspended both of them. Most co-workers are great but the best part of the day is when it is over, or weekends when management is not around.
enjoyable summer job
Lifeguard/Maintenance (Former Employee), East Lyme, CTApril 2, 2013
Pros: one hour lunch break
great location, beautiful camp ground. Great staff, always making work fun.
Good place to work - hard to get in
Projectionist (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMarch 23, 2013
Pros: the job is rewarding because i am an avid film lover
Cons: not enough hours
I am a casual part time worker. I work for the Film Study Center Department. I am responsible for preparing films and digital media for movie showings in coordination with classroom schedules. Next I operate the equipment and run the movies according to the schedules. I have two co-workers. One has taken a full time position doing the job I described plus some other added responsibilities. My other co-worker is a casual part time worker like myself.
Wonderful place to work with amazing benefits although not much upward mobility in current position.
Event Planner (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMarch 19, 2013
I have been gainfully employed by Yale University for over 20 years. Although this has been a very satisfying time in my life, I am looking for upward mobility and more challenges.

About Yale University

What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the – Read more

Yale University Salaries