Yamada North America Employee Reviews

Maybe okay.
Diecast quality control technician (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OHNovember 10, 2016
it's a 7 day a week job. But to me, the benifits are good, you get bonuses for attendance and Christmas. You get a mostly paid shut down. If you aren't in a highly demanded department, you get the whole time off.
Production is always fun
Production Operator/Quality control (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OHJuly 12, 2016
Typical day at job involves using test tools like; Height gauge, calipers, ID-blade, block gauge etc to calibrate parts and mechanism to meet tolerance and product specifications

I learned how to Perform diagnosis and troubleshooting functions on my machine, and to communicate with supervisors and managers for production needs

i'm pretty good in helping others to become skillful like me.

the hardest part of my involves diagnosing and troubleshooting functions on my machine,

i love conducting quality checks on my products.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
flexible and outgoing
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHOctober 18, 2016
Able to get along and work with co-workers. Very fast paced. The supervisors and other employees made it easier to work in a steady pace.
great place fun and good food
inspector (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHMarch 22, 2016
I worked here for almost 8 years before moving on the environment was fun and the co workers were great. management was great and involved and was always doing something different
Good pay but they'd rather replace workers than broken equipment
Third Shift Die Service Technician (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OH 45368May 6, 2016
I was not trained properly before moving shifts my manager was on another shift and while I enjoyed working a large part of my time was spent idle due to poor communication. there was also a high turn over so you have a constant stream of people with no clue what they are doing.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Pooor atmosphere
great company
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHFebruary 29, 2016
YNA is a great company that offers many opportunities for advancement. The people are friendly and training is excellent
Fast Growing company
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Uppershaft Civic ColumnJuly 2, 2015
This company was a great company. It was a tier 1 company meaning that is directly provided parts to Honda for their cars. I was in charge of more than 8 robots and 9 machines and solely took a piece of steel and turned it into an uppershaft for steering columns on Honda Civics. I had never been in this kind of a job so I learned about machining how to change tools, recover robots, and run lathe machines. My coworkers were fun and upbeat to work with. I worked in an area on my own but was close to others. I really enjoyed the challenges of working on an older machine and finding ways to repair it so it would continue to run. As the company is growing the communication is weak. This is because there is so much going on that people are not able to keep up all the time. The management of the Steel department was WONDERFUL! The management was gentle and more than willing to help people learn how to do our jobs more efficiently.
Pros
bonuses, shut downs, plenty of overtime.
Cons
health care, communication
The pay is good.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OHApril 4, 2015
A day at work for me is making sure that our customers have good quality parts and meeting production requirements, and also watching over 12 to 14 associates. Over the years ive been there i have learned alot in quality, production reqirements.The management at Yamada North America all works together to make sure all requirements are met and our customers always get what they need. My co-workers and I always work together to get things done and keep production going. The most enjoyable thing about my job is all the people that you get to meet and work with.
Pros
Pay is good. Alot of good people work here.
Cons
sometimes no break depending on production requirements, and 2nd.shift.
Production Manager
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OHJanuary 19, 2014
The company itself could be a better place if there were changes in the Senior Management. The company is ran by 2 strong headed people that do not always have the right answers and do not think about the outcome of their decisions.
Pros
Company cell phone and laptop computer.
Cons
No bonus or incentives for salary employees
poorly managed and no work life balance
Team-leader/ Multi-Line Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OHSeptember 14, 2013
Management-Too many managers for each department. All management is stacked on 1st shift. the off shifts are poorly managed.
No work life balance. Consistent 7 day work weeks. very few days off.
Pros
overtime
Cons
No life
great place to work
T2A Assembler (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHNovember 20, 2015
with this job it was really far i was traveling 45 to 50 minutes one way but they paid really good so it was overall worth it. Everything over 40 hours was time and a half and every seventh consecutive day was double pay.
Pros
good pay
Cons
really far drive
noone there to support the workers
worker (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHApril 2, 2012
Long hours. The more you do, the more they expect. Little or no support from management. Co-workers were great.
Pros
shutdown in july and december
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, management
Not a good place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  South Charleston OhMay 18, 2013
They dont care about there associates, we recieved no raise for 3 years and was forced to work 7days a week
productive fun great place to work
Assembly (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVApril 11, 2012
It was great learning experience. Building oil pump for honda. Learning how the assemble of parts and the significance of the part to the car. Monitoring the process from the robot machining the parts, to making sure the pressure washer run properly, to the assembly of the part it self and inspecting it for quality.
Pros
many hours, good pay, good benefits, all around good job
Cons
none i like everything about this job
Fun place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHApril 20, 2015
Fun place to work, staff has great attitudes. Coworkers work well together most of the time. Management very attentive to the needs of staff.
Pros
Set breaks, earned days off
Cons
Worked too many days in a row.
Rapidly growing company
Assistant Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  South Charleston OhioJanuary 13, 2014
YNA is a Honda tier one supplier. Work is very demanding of time. We work under a three day close requirement. Payables is very paper heavy and the most demanding of my time. Although I have two people entering payables there are many receiving issues that need attention.
Pros
Always challenging.
Cons
short breaks, management on attendance point system
productive and fun workplace
Assembly (Former Employee) –  S Charleston, OHDecember 31, 2014
Yamada was a fun job. It had its pros and cons but for the most part it was a great learning experience. I would file parts that came out the blaster with a handheld file, , I would also go to another station and place brackets and levers on the steering column. and I would also inspect car parts to be shipped to the manufactor.. the hardest part of the job was to file the parts down with a handheld file. the most enjoyable part of working there was a lot of good people that worked there and it was a great learning experience
Yamada
T2A Assembler (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHJuly 21, 2014
We had to be in our work place by 7 a.m. for our morning meetings. Our team lead would tell us what are quota for the day was, then tell everyone where they were going to be stationed. After the meeting we would proceed to our station and push out parts and try our best to go above and beyond our said quota for the day.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
To far of a drive
Decent place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OhioApril 5, 2015
Built oil pumps by hand. Learned what an oil pump looks like. Co-workers were fun to be around. Hardest part of the job is working 7-21 days in a row. Best part of the job was earning free days off.
Pros
Cleanest place to work
Cons
Worked too many days in a row
fun busy place to work
machine operator (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHDecember 3, 2012
run machines
learned how to run machines
good boss
co-workers got along for the most part
trying to make quota
the money
Pros
hours
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yamada North America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8