Yamaha Employee Reviews in United States

Unfair hiring
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJune 16, 2016
For those going through temporary agencies in hopes of obtaining a permanent position, the company makes the process overly difficult through bidding and nearly impossible to meet attendance expectations to meet bid eligibility.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hiring practices
Unreliable hiring
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAFebruary 29, 2016
After nearly 6 months I have not gone from temporary to full-time. The process for becoming a full-hire is strenuous. I have gained additional information regarding inventory and logistics.
physical
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Vonore, TNFebruary 7, 2016
Physically challenging job. Early mornings and late nights were a constant reoccurrence. It can be hard to have a decent personal life with such a demanding work schedule
Great workplace
Manufacturing Assembler (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GANovember 7, 2015
Working at Yamaha is very exciting an is filled with a ton of hands on jobs that you will love an enjoy. Yamaha is one of the worlds leading producers.the pay an benefits are amazing.
Pros
Chewing gum or candy on the line while working an also drinking with your personal water bottle.
Cons
crowded parking lot, takes a while to get out at the end of the day.
No life at all
Production Welder (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 30, 2015
I have worked here for almost 2 years. I started through a temp agency. I started on first shift and after a month got sent straight to night shift! Not only that but it took me 8 months to finally get hired on so I could receive benefits. I had fought many times to get back on first shift due to the fact I was going to have a child and wanted time with my family. now my baby is almost a year old and haven't been able to be much a dad due to shift differences! What's worse is I have been told 4 times I was going back to first shift and it still hasn't happened. If it wasn't for the fact the I have to support a family I would have left already.
Pros
Benefits, decent pay
Cons
Everything else you could think of.
Productive and a fun Place to Work For.
Sub-Assembler, Sub ATV Parts (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJanuary 27, 2015
Everybody is there to serve and provide for the customers and therefore putting out good quality work is very enjoying ...
Pros
free lunches, fun
Cons
longer breaks
Great company
Welder (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJanuary 10, 2015
amazing company and coworkers are great.Human resources were not great
Productive, fast paced work area
Warehouse Lead/ TEMP (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 19, 2014
Your job would usually start an hr after you get there which could delay the time of you getting out. Hardest part of this job is getting other to be focused as you are without authority
Pros
pretty friendly people and environment
Cons
short lunch breaks, cant get food without being 5 mins late, 30 min lunch, everything is at least 15 mins away
Nice clean place to work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 18, 2014
Friendly atmosphere great customer service. Clean and stable environment. Everyone worked together to get task accomplished.
Motorcycle tech
Motorcycle Mechanic, Big (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 26, 2014
I worked on Motorcycles,
The only questionable part was getting in the water with the watercraft during the cold part of the year. But I didnt mind to much just for the change of pace.
not a bad company to work for
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 9, 2014
not a bad company. was to far for me but ok for that time in my life
great company with benefits,good pay and good work environment
Heavy machine line operator/production (Former Employee) –  newnan gaJune 21, 2014
a typical day at yamaha is not that enjoyable because it will be lots of work to do but nothing you do will be too hard to accomplish, the management is really helpful in assisting with anything we need to learn. i wouldnt say its a hard part to the job because its just work if i had to choose a hard part then i would say it is hard to stand in one place for long hours and i enjoy working for yamaha because its not to hard of work to do you just have to meet the daily requirements
Yamaha Entertainment Group
Temporary (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 23, 2014
This rating is not for Yamaha as a whole, but rather the entertainment group in Franklin, TN. I enjoyed what I did there and had success, but the head of the company was the worst person I've ever worked for in my entire career. Perhaps the worst I've been around in a work environment, period.

He's a "my way or the highway" boss rather than an effective leader and often yells, demeans, curses, and bullies his employees. The staff was a great group of people to work with and very talented, but there was always an element of fear, control, and intimidation lurking in the office which kept everyone from flourishing and staying positive.

He would publicly curse and call fellow employees extremely offensive and derogatory names behind their back. The same is true for Yamaha corporate employees, consultants, and clients. From what I witnessed he trusted and respected no one in the office.

It's a toxic work environment and I would dissuade anyone from working there. It's not worth it.
Pros
great brand, staff, artists
Cons
the boss, being a full yamaha employee w/ benefits will likely never happen
Productive but demanding
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 13, 2014
I enjoy working for this company. I enjoy what I do. The management makes working here very difficult and almost unbearable.
benefits
Cons
long hours/ 6 days a week
discounts on all yamaha products.
Picker and packer (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAFebruary 7, 2014
A very fair work place. Lots of diversity among the employees and also very team oriented,
Productive work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, WIJanuary 23, 2014
set up work area
management is good
co-workers are good to get along with
workplace and ambiance
CDO 2 CYCLES Marketing (Former Employee) –  Gusa, Cagayan de Oro CityJanuary 8, 2014
a typical day work everyday is at 8 hours a busy but very challenging task because i am aiming for a profits and achieving goals. I have learned to communicate well with people in different races and behavior it helps grow everyday new things and new friends have been made. the management programs have been realized as i keep them in my goals in return i am compensated well, co workers has also a big role in my daily task they have help me push new things to be discover and achieve. the hardest part of the job when you go to work out of field and you haven't known people on a place but at end i have realized it was great meeting people to expand my horizon and market. The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenges to meet the market needs and its demands.. to meet and communicate people and builds relationship which in the future they may become your target market and friends to be profited.
Pros
free travel allowance
Cons
15 minutes break morning and afternoon 1 hour lunch break, healtcare
very rewarding
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJanuary 2, 2014
very rewarding and detailed work. a lot of layoffs. vhdsresuy lkoyuytrt dredycv khutsfdxg 7553.
Productive, Fun and fast paced evniorment
Temp (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GADecember 12, 2013
I enjoyed working at this particular job because of the great camaraderie we all shared together. My supervisor and team lead were also both great leaders. While working for Yamaha I learned about different types of paints and what it takes to keep and assembly line fully functional.
Pros
pay weekly, possible employment
Cons
extremly short breaks
productive fun work place with lots of teaching new skills
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GADecember 1, 2013
loved working for yamaha. lots of skills they will teach workers as long as they are willing to learn. decent pay and excellent benifits
Pros
discounts on vehicles good environment
Cons
short breaks long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yamaha. Our community is ready to answer.