Yamaha

Yamaha Employer Reviews

Great company
Welder (Former Employee), Newnan, GAJanuary 10, 2015
amazing company and coworkers are great.Human resources were not great
PRODUCTIVE, FAST PACED WORK AREA
Warehouse Lead/ TEMP (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILNovember 19, 2014
Pros: pretty friendly people and environment
Cons: short lunch breaks, cant get food without being 5 mins late, 30 min lunch, everything is at least 15 mins away
YOUR JOB WOULD USUALLY START AN HR AFTER YOU GET THERE WHICH COULD DELAY THE TIME OF YOU GETTING OUT. HARDEST PART OF THIS JOB IS GETTING OTHER TO BE FOCUSED AS YOU ARE WITHOUT AUTHORITY
Nice clean place to work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAAugust 18, 2014
Friendly atmosphere great customer service. Clean and stable environment. Everyone worked together to get task accomplished.
Motorcycle tech
Motorcycle Mechanic, Big (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 26, 2014
I worked on Motorcycles,
The only questionable part was getting in the water with the watercraft during the cold part of the year. But I didnt mind to much just for the change of pace.
not a bad company to work for
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Newnan, GAJuly 9, 2014
not a bad company. was to far for me but ok for that time in my life
great company with benefits,good pay and good work environment
Heavy machine line operator/production (Former Employee), newnan gaJune 21, 2014
a typical day at yamaha is not that enjoyable because it will be lots of work to do but nothing you do will be too hard to accomplish, the management is really helpful in assisting with anything we need to learn. i wouldnt say its a hard part to the job because its just work if i had to choose a hard part then i would say it is hard to stand in one place for long hours and i enjoy working for yamaha because its not to hard of work to do you just have to meet the daily requirements
Yamaha Entertainment Group
Temporary (Former Employee), Franklin, TNApril 23, 2014
Pros: great brand, staff, artists
Cons: the boss, being a full yamaha employee w/ benefits will likely never happen
This rating is not for Yamaha as a whole, but rather the entertainment group in Franklin, TN. I enjoyed what I did there and had success, but the head of the company was the worst person I've ever worked for in my entire career. Perhaps the worst I've been around in a work environment, period.

He's a "my way or the highway" boss rather than an effective leader and often yells, demeans, curses, and bullies his employees. The staff was a great group of people to work with and very talented, but there was always an element of fear, control, and intimidation lurking in the office which kept everyone from flourishing and staying positive.

He would publicly curse and call fellow employees extremely offensive and derogatory names behind their back. The same is true for Yamaha corporate employees, consultants, and clients. From what I witnessed he trusted and respected no one in the office.

It's a toxic work environment and I would dissuade anyone from working there. It's not worth it.
Productive but demanding
Assembler (Current Employee), Newnan, GAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours/ 6 days a week
I enjoy working for this company. I enjoy what I do. The management makes working here very difficult and almost unbearable.
discounts on all yamaha products.
Picker and packer (Former Employee), Cypress, CAFebruary 7, 2014
A very fair work place. Lots of diversity among the employees and also very team oriented,
Productive work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Cudahy, WIJanuary 23, 2014
set up work area
management is good
co-workers are good to get along with
workplace and ambiance
CDO 2 CYCLES Marketing (Former Employee), Gusa, Cagayan de Oro CityJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: free travel allowance
Cons: 15 minutes break morning and afternoon 1 hour lunch break, healtcare
a typical day work everyday is at 8 hours a busy but very challenging task because i am aiming for a profits and achieving goals. I have learned to communicate well with people in different races and behavior it helps grow everyday new things and new friends have been made. the management programs have been realized as i keep them in my goals in return i am compensated well, co workers has also a big role in my daily task they have help me push new things to be discover and achieve. the hardest part of the job when you go to work out of field and you haven't known people on a place but at end i have realized it was great meeting people to expand my horizon and market. The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenges to meet the market needs and its demands.. to meet and communicate people and builds relationship which in the future they may become your target market and friends to be profited.
very rewarding
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Newnan, GAJanuary 2, 2014
very rewarding and detailed work. a lot of layoffs. vhdsresuy lkoyuytrt dredycv khutsfdxg 7553.
Productive, Fun and fast paced evniorment
Temp (Former Employee), Newnan, GADecember 12, 2013
Pros: pay weekly, possible employment
Cons: extremly short breaks
I enjoyed working at this particular job because of the great camaraderie we all shared together. My supervisor and team lead were also both great leaders. While working for Yamaha I learned about different types of paints and what it takes to keep and assembly line fully functional.
productive fun work place with lots of teaching new skills
forklift operator (Former Employee), Newnan, GADecember 1, 2013
Pros: discounts on vehicles good environment
Cons: short breaks long hours
loved working for yamaha. lots of skills they will teach workers as long as they are willing to learn. decent pay and excellent benifits
A very productive work place.
Assembler (Former Employee), Newnan, GAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: a very clean place to work.
I enjoyed working their. You stay busy doing productive work at all time. The people an mangers were very nice.
Great Job
Parts Inspector (Former Employee), Newnan, GAJuly 31, 2013
Great place to work. I loved my job there. The points system sucked. They really don't accept any kinds of excuses.
Wouldnt reconsider for reapllyin g
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee), South Charleston, OHJune 28, 2013
Not what i excpected
Wanted to do more
Hardest part of the job was finding something to do
Hardley any work
Very hard work.
Assembly Associate (Former Employee), Newnan, GAJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: we had four day work weeks
Cons: it was very hard fast paced work.
My coworkers were great and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay and quarterly and bonuses.
A fast pace job where you are required to maintain a consistent work pace.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Newnan, GADecember 17, 2012
Pros: great hours and weekends off
Cons: no major cons
The job was very straight foward once I learned the proper way to complete my job it was basically the same thing every day. We had a certain number we must reach before we ended the shift. We had to become familiar with the job so we can do it at a fast pace. We worked as a group or a section and we were responsible for making sure we had everything we was suppose to do done in a timely matter.
Fun Job
production worker (Former Employee), Newnan, GANovember 10, 2012
Pros: 8 hours sometime overtime
Cons: pay for the work you do
Fun place to work for because you work as a team on a line. I learned how to build ATV and Golf Carts. Fast pace work, got along with everyone.

About Yamaha

Yamaha Corporation of America (YCA) and its customers make beautiful music together. The North American arm of Japan's  Yamaha – Read more