Yamaha Employee Reviews

Not a healthy environment
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAApril 20, 2017
Very bad experience working there. I only worked for a couple months and it was the worst time. The both supervisor was rude ,condescending and disrespectful to the customers and to the employees in that department. Their was one supervisor that made every day hard , really did not look forward to going in to work because of it. He did not smile, always in a bad mood made the environment there very toxic and also A lot of racism there as well . I am so glad I found another job and got out when I could asap.
Pros
Some people where very nice
Cons
Supervisors for the support department
Terrible place.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 9, 2017
Worked there 14 years. What a joke, management is terrible. Reverse discrimination runs rampant, if you are white you have to be so careful not to offend the blacks. Give me a break
Cons
All of it
I like working there. Just need more hours .
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAJanuary 5, 2017
It a alright job to have .they always having events. Some time we get free stuff like food, tools. They just don't give many hours like that .
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Empresa disposta a melhorar constantemente
Estagiário (Former Employee) –  Vonore, TNAugust 23, 2016
Empresa muito receptiva a sugestões de estagiários e com uma cultura muito forte de melhoria continua (kaizen). Trabalhei por pouco tempo nesta empresa pois o meu programa de intercambio chegou ao fim.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  MexicoJuly 26, 2016
Working with yamaha was a great experience, the pay was ok the dealer provided tools were a plus as well
High production environment
Material Handler/Welder (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 16, 2016
Yamaha was a good company to work for. The pay was not all that great but I learned a lot from working there. There were good and not so nice people working there. Not much room for advancement.
Unfair hiring
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJune 16, 2016
For those going through temporary agencies in hopes of obtaining a permanent position, the company makes the process overly difficult through bidding and nearly impossible to meet attendance expectations to meet bid eligibility.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hiring practices
Unreliable hiring
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAFebruary 29, 2016
After nearly 6 months I have not gone from temporary to full-time. The process for becoming a full-hire is strenuous. I have gained additional information regarding inventory and logistics.
physical
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Vonore, TNFebruary 7, 2016
Physically challenging job. Early mornings and late nights were a constant reoccurrence. It can be hard to have a decent personal life with such a demanding work schedule
Great workplace
Manufacturing Assembler (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GANovember 7, 2015
Working at Yamaha is very exciting an is filled with a ton of hands on jobs that you will love an enjoy. Yamaha is one of the worlds leading producers.the pay an benefits are amazing.
Pros
Chewing gum or candy on the line while working an also drinking with your personal water bottle.
Cons
crowded parking lot, takes a while to get out at the end of the day.
No life at all
Production Welder (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 30, 2015
I have worked here for almost 2 years. I started through a temp agency. I started on first shift and after a month got sent straight to night shift! Not only that but it took me 8 months to finally get hired on so I could receive benefits. I had fought many times to get back on first shift due to the fact I was going to have a child and wanted time with my family. now my baby is almost a year old and haven't been able to be much a dad due to shift differences! What's worse is I have been told 4 times I was going back to first shift and it still hasn't happened. If it wasn't for the fact the I have to support a family I would have left already.
Pros
Benefits, decent pay
Cons
Everything else you could think of.
Productive and a fun Place to Work For.
Sub-Assembler, Sub ATV Parts (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJanuary 27, 2015
Everybody is there to serve and provide for the customers and therefore putting out good quality work is very enjoying ...
Pros
Free lunches, Fun
Cons
Longer Breaks
Great company
Welder (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJanuary 10, 2015
amazing company and coworkers are great.Human resources were not great
Productive, fast paced work area
Warehouse Lead/ TEMP (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 19, 2014
Your job would usually start an hr after you get there which could delay the time of you getting out. Hardest part of this job is getting other to be focused as you are without authority
Pros
Pretty friendly people and environment
Cons
Short lunch breaks, cant get food without being 5 mins late, 30 min lunch, everything is at least 15 mins away
Nice clean place to work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 18, 2014
Friendly atmosphere great customer service. Clean and stable environment. Everyone worked together to get task accomplished.
Motorcycle tech
Motorcycle Mechanic, Big (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 26, 2014
I worked on Motorcycles,
The only questionable part was getting in the water with the watercraft during the cold part of the year. But I didnt mind to much just for the change of pace.
not a bad company to work for
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 9, 2014
not a bad company. was to far for me but ok for that time in my life
great company with benefits,good pay and good work environment
Heavy machine line operator/production (Former Employee) –  newnan gaJune 21, 2014
a typical day at yamaha is not that enjoyable because it will be lots of work to do but nothing you do will be too hard to accomplish, the management is really helpful in assisting with anything we need to learn. i wouldnt say its a hard part to the job because its just work if i had to choose a hard part then i would say it is hard to stand in one place for long hours and i enjoy working for yamaha because its not to hard of work to do you just have to meet the daily requirements
Yamaha Entertainment Group
Temporary (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 23, 2014
This rating is not for Yamaha as a whole, but rather the entertainment group in Franklin, TN. I enjoyed what I did there and had success, but the head of the company was the worst person I've ever worked for in my entire career. Perhaps the worst I've been around in a work environment, period.

He's a "my way or the highway" boss rather than an effective leader and often yells, demeans, curses, and bullies his employees. The staff was a great group of people to work with and very talented, but there was always an element of fear, control, and intimidation lurking in the office which kept everyone from flourishing and staying positive.

He would publicly curse and call fellow employees extremely offensive and derogatory names behind their back. The same is true for Yamaha corporate employees, consultants, and clients. From what I witnessed he trusted and respected no one in the office.

It's a toxic work environment and I would dissuade anyone from working there. It's not worth it.
Pros
Great brand, staff, artists
Cons
The boss, being a full Yamaha employee w/ benefits will likely never happen
Productive but demanding
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 13, 2014
I enjoy working for this company. I enjoy what I do. The management makes working here very difficult and almost unbearable.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours/ 6 days a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yamaha. Our community is ready to answer.