Yampa Valley Medical Center

Yampa Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fantastic experience and even more wonderful people.
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COOctober 29, 2016
Yampa Valley in Steamboat Springs Co was an amazing experience. I worked with some of the best people on the planet who really cared about their job and the residents. They gave me encouraement and kept the entire day positive no matter what happened. After my husband's assignment was over we had to leave.
Pros
Feel good job excellent position and great pay.
Cons
Not enough time to care for the residents the way they should be.
Awesome organization
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Craig, COAugust 17, 2016
I love this organization. This hospital has the best people in the world to work for and with. I have met amazing people and feel very blessed to have the opportunity to work with them all. I started by working in the laundry room of the hospital, and when an opening came up I was able to obtain a job with the Housekeeping Department of the hospital and move to cleaning their clinics in my home town. You see the hospital was 45 miles away from my own home, and now with working at the clinic's I am only 2 miles from home.

I, alone, take care of these two clinics for the hospital by maintaining cleanliness and comfort for staff and patients. I may work alone, but I have never felt alone within my job. I have always had outstanding support from an excellent supervisor and amazing co-workers that are always ready with a helping hand if I need them.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction of a job well done and being made aware of that from the nurses and staff from the clinics.
Pros
Support, benefits, co-workers
Cons
Part time work
fun
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COAugust 1, 2016
great learning experiences, great doctors; lucky to have such wonderful professionals at a nurse's station. Treated with respect by the physicians, surgeons, other departments
Pros
good professional relationships
Cons
staffing at times
It is a hospital.
Pre-Admissions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COJuly 25, 2016
I do not have nice comments to write about Yampa Valley Medical Center. I just want a new less stressful job that is out of the medical industry.
Small ski town in the middle of the Rockies!
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COOctober 4, 2015
I have never worked in an environment where everyone was so helpful and friendly. A great place to work, great benefits, and the town itself is amazing!
Mountain resort hospital, and medical group
Labor/Delivery RN; Family Practice RN (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COApril 3, 2015
RN -small, rural hospital working as OB/med-surg nurse. Flexible hours and nights. Worked with specialized RN teams.
Pros
flexible hours, great pay, and wonderful staff of MD's and medical staff
Community type work environment
Coding Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COFebruary 16, 2015
Friendly work environment. Outdoor enthusiasts work hard, play hard, and have fun. Great benefits for full time staff. Fun activities thorough the year to thank staff.
Lots of good people on the front lines but large gap between Sr. Mgmt and staff.
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COJanuary 10, 2015
The facility is an award winning care provider. The nursing staff and all other care providers are excellent, well skilled, caring people. The Sr. Management is out of touch with the staff. Staffing is insufficient in most areas and the management attitude is "do more with less". My co-workers in Central Supply were hard working and dedicated to providing the best service possible to the departments. The most difficult part of my job was trying to convince Sr. Management that under staffing could severely impact patient care and limited my ability to create efficiency in the supply chain.
Pros
Decent pay for this area.
Cons
Expectations are unrealistic.
Great place to work. Very friendly with many opportunities for advancement.
OR Secretary/Surgery Scheduler,Unit Secretary,CNA (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COJuly 14, 2014
Small community hospital located in beautiful Steamboat Springs. It was easy to know just about everyone. I worked the third shift for 12 years. The staff became very close as you had to depend on each other. After switching to the day shift I was able to see a different side of the overall operation of the hospital.
Pros
Competative wages, good benifits
Cons
Distance from my home.
great place if you like to ski
Title Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COMarch 19, 2014
A nice learning hospital. First name basis with everyone there including the docs.
Pros
Vatiety in cases you can learn in ortho
Cons
staff is great, management horrible
RN (Former Employee) –  Med/SurgSeptember 23, 2013
Management punishes the whole group vs making individuals accountable, favoritism is abundant. The staff themselves, are a great team. Pay and benefits ok.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
management
Fun and nice place to work
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COMarch 14, 2013
The doctors are all real nice and will teach you things if you ask and are interested. Everyone is nice and easy to work with.
Fun, supportive, family type environment
Surgical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COFebruary 14, 2012
Pretty fair place to work. Unfortunately, some favoritism shown to specific employees that were punished in other employees. Over all all a good place to work.
Pros
great benefits, 401k, job protection if you are out 3 or more days
Cons
unfair favortism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yampa Valley Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Yampa Valley Medical Center Reviews by Location