Yankee Candle Company Employee Reviews

Great Retail Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 20, 2017
Loved working in this environment, plenty of friendly people. Unfortunately I no longer receive enough hours to properly pay for my responsibilities, retail is often times few hours.
Pros
Great Management and friendly staff
Cons
very little freedom of self expression
Learned a lot about candles
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 19, 2017
Yankee Candle is a fun company to work for. I learned a lot about the science of burning candles. They offer an excellent discount on candles and accessories. I always smelled good at work!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Competative , and descent place to work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  South Deerfield, MAJune 15, 2017
Yankee Candle company is a competative , friendly place to work with plenty of opportunity for advancement. They offer good pay , and benefits plus incentive you can earn on a yearly basis. Team orientated environment with Safety at the top of their list .
Pros
Pay & advancement, schedule, & vacation availability.
Cons
Expensive health, and bi-weekly pay period.
Awesome company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJune 12, 2017
Yankee candle was an awesome company to work for. Fast growth and career advancement was rapid. Company cares for their employees. Competitive sales goals as well as competitive employees made this job fun, challenging, and very rewarding.
The best place i have worked for
Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 12, 2017
This company is a great place to work for, the management is wonderful and upbeat. and the work life balance is very agreeable. they take care of their employees and value their feedback.
Pros
great work atmospher and management
Cons
very little hours unless store manager
Productive and awesome place to work
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 9, 2017
Loved the team I was in! They set out to be a team. Everone was really helpful. If our manager didn't know something she could!d call other stores to find out. The company as a whole was a team. Loved this place dearly.
Pros
Team work!
Cons
Sometimes short shifts
Great Company
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIJune 7, 2017
I've been working at Yankee Candle for over a year now. I started off when I was 17 as a sales associate but quickly got moved into a second assistant manager two months after starting, when I turned 18. It's a great company to move up in. Amazing deals on candles (50% off anything with a scent). It's a very small team (between 5-9 of us). As long as you get along with the staff you won't have many issues. Over all a great place to work and I would recommend it to anyone that has high sales drive, good customer service skills, and is a great leader.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Can be boring
Yankee Candle was a nice place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 7, 2017
Yankee Candle was a well balanced environment to work. The manger was professional and helpful. The position gave me some experience in customer service.
Awesome!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAJune 4, 2017
I loved my employees, they were so easy to get along with. The job overall was a fun and amazing experience. I LOVED the smells of all the candles. Yankee Candle is such a nice laid back place.
Fun place to work, great coworkers and management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 3, 2017
I love working at yankee candle because everybody, no matter how old, is extremely kind and accepting. I have enjoyed getting to know other people, and exploring every part of the store.
Pros
Environment, management, candle sales
Cons
pay, hours
Retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 31, 2017
There were a few cultural things about working here that I disliked. There were certain colors we could not wear, no jeans, no piercings or visible tattoos. I did enjoy the responsibility, helping the customers and organizing the store.
Pros
Easy to sell this product line, loved the customers.
Cons
Manager, restrictive dress code.
Unfocused and disorganized
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  South Deerfield, MAMay 31, 2017
The middle management team has a definite "Us vs Them" air to it. They do not communicate nor seem to want to. The development teams are not given appropriate time to accomplish their tasks. The senior management picks a date and forces the teams to meet their expectations. Not a fun place to work.
Pros
Excellent people to work with.
Cons
Worst managers to work for.
Best Job Ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 29, 2017
I honestly loved this job so much I was sad when season ended. I felt that this job had the best advancement chances and I because assistant manager in the time of only 2 months. I was treated with so much respect and took up so many shifts because I enjoyed my working environment. There was never a time that I did not want to be at work. Best Job Ever!!
Pros
Best Benefits, Great Management, Great Pay
Cons
There isn't nany.
Enough to get by!
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 29, 2017
This is a temporary place to work for those just trying to get by. All I'm going to say is you'll go crazy working for a company like this for too long. I'm not sure how the stores in the rest of the country are run, but the Ohio stores, STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
50% off anything that smells.
Cons
No work life balance at all. Sometimes went without lunch. They prefer to promote externally.
A lot of responsibility but still enjoyable
Second assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYMay 26, 2017
A typical day for a second assistant manager involves checking the daily goal, chatting in your associates, doing returns, shipment, keeping the shelves stocked and looking presentable, and ultimately making a connection with your guest.
I've learned how to be more comfortable around people and enjoy interacting with the guests.
I enjoy trying the products out in my own home and coming back with feedback for the guests.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMay 26, 2017
When I work at Yankee Candle, we always try to have a good time. Right now would be considered our slow period, so having fun definitely makes the time go by faster. Around October, when the holiday sales begin, it becomes pretty fast-paced in the store. We are constantly busy and are always helping customers.
A typical day at work for me, would be to go through shipment, stock the shelves, and to help guests find that perfect candle they are looking for.
fast paced, customer service orientated
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 24, 2017
It was a great seasonal job, for extra income over the holidays.
I enjoyed being creative and interacting with all of the team members and customers.
Pros
candle discount
Cons
not enough hours or pay
This was the best job I've ever had, Extremely understanding MGT. Family oriented, and took vert well of employees.
Corporate Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Deerfield, MAMay 23, 2017
Everyone from top MGT. to others employees were always willing to help. We have regular stretch breaks for our well being. They allowed seasoned employees such as myself work in many different of the Company. I was able to be a buyer in the store assisting customers. I went to monthly CEO meeting to discuss concerns departments may have, Yankee Candle is an amazing place to work. Unfortunately I moved for family reasons.
Pros
The everyday experiences
Cons
No regard for work-life balance
Finance / Accounting dept (Former Employee) –  South Deerfield, MAMay 23, 2017
This is a very fast-paced environment that has 4 full budgets per year, which creates a high-stress environment and expected long hours. This company tends to take advantage of employees especially if they do not have "family obligations" (i.e. if the employee is unmarried, doesn't have children, etc.). The meetings were usually catered nicely, and annual award meetings were glamorous, however due to budget cuts, those were being eliminated. All that being said, I would still consider working there again for the right position and salary.
Pros
Free candles occasionally, glamorous products, merchandise discounts, occasional option to work from home
Cons
Expect to work 55+ hours per week and frequent weekends unless you have an excuse to leave, work from home option only allowed by some managers, terrible benefits
Overall a good place to work.
Second Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 22, 2017
I can honestly say I loved working at Yankee Candle. My first two years were great. Very flexible hours, for associates and managers. Although, management keeps changing and isn't always int the best position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yankee Candle Company. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval