This person will report directly to the company owners and will be a key member of the management team. They will be the top financial person in the company and will have the overall responsibility for the timeliness and accuracy of the general accounting functions, including financial statements, A/P, A/R, payroll, and the general ledger. But they will also need to be a financial leader and original thinker, taking the company through planning, budgeting, and financial modeling exercises.
The recent addition of offices in Asia and the additional operations associated with design and manufacturing products have created the need for additional project management capabilities and company process development. This person should bring to the company a strong background and drive toward helping Yarbrough to make these and other upcoming growth transitions.
Additionally, this person will be the leading figure proactively manage the basic administrative and HR functions for the company, with the goal of keeping the company streamlined and optimized in pursuit of its growth goals.
- Manage the prompt and accurate preparation of periodic financial reports
- Thoroughly establish and implement accounting polices and procedures, and ensure that internal controls are documented, maintained, and adhered to
- Lead and manage the budgeting process
- Manage company payroll, deductions, 401k, HR functions, and insurance
- With outside specialist assistance, help to develop company international tax planning guidelines
- Manage and develop the accounting and administrative staff
- Provide strategic financial analysis and business consulting to operations management
- Develop a company financial model and assist executive staff with financial analysis and consulting for strategic planning, special studies, and major financial issues
- Extend company accounting systems to manage incoming and outgoing shipments, order flow, and inventory in remote offices worldwide as opportunities arise
- Effectively utilize business analysis tools for projects such as cost of sales improvement, return on investment capital, new business opportunities and third party business risk analysis
- Help to lead the company toward an organized, process driven mindset while allowing it to maintain its entrepreneurial character
- Project management function for setting up various new operational ventures, such as overseas repair centers.
- Special projects as assigned, primarily in the areas of financial analysis, report development, and operational process and procedure development, review and improvement
Candidate should have strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills, high level of attention to detail and accuracy, strong organizational skills, and have the ability to independently complete complex and challenging financial functions on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy. A high level of personal integrity and professionalism are critical. Must be a very good team player as well as strong individual performer. Should be able to manage multiple assignments and manage competing priorities with tight deadlines.
Currently the business is operated in QuickBooks; experience with this is a must. Candidate should also be proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Candidate should have 6-8 years of related work experience and a thorough understanding of accounting controls and processes.
Yarbrough is predominantly a customer-focused sales and support company so candidate must be comfortable in that environment. Additionally we are still developing our manufacturing and operations functions, so background here will also be essential. And since much of our growth will come from Asia, background working with this region is a big plus. As we are a company that is distributed into several locations, significant amounts of brief travel will be required.