YARD HOUSE

YARD HOUSE Employee Reviews

Fun, fast paced, energetic
Hostess - Trainer (Former Employee), dedham, maJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Free food, Good vibes, Fast paced, management, organization
Working at yard house I've learned alot about myself, working with others in a slow and busy setting.

How to manage money and the importance of working together

Ive also learned how to manage my time and how to have patience when training new people.

The managers and co workers were always very supportive and direct.
productive, fun work place
Line Cook (Current Employee), Roseville, CAJune 28, 2015
Pros: free lunches, approved breaks
great place for routine duties
learned how to man all stations
great co-workers
I really like how there is a variety of everything to choose from
Steady work and always busy
Food Prep, Dish Washer (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 15, 2015
Pros: Free 1 meal per Work day
Cons: short break, lots of work
Working at Yard House i always had something to do working 3 different work positions Prep cook, dishwasher and a roller. The people who worked there and management always had positive attitudes and were fun to work with, though co workers could not always finish their daily quota on food production always others had to finish what they started. From working here I learned about many new techniques for food productivity like cutting chicken and making large quantities of many different foods keeping things sanitary and the whole kitchen clean from trash and food as well as making sure the dish room was never falling behind.
ok
Waitress (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 9, 2015
good company, good co workers, strict rules, do not be late, good uniforms, good discounts, fun environment, be outgoing, learned to work hard and respect others.
A fast pace enviroment. Learned to work under high stress and well has being able to stay on task while mulitaking.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 29, 2015
Great place to work, wonderful co-works, management and customers. Its a great feeling to know quests come back because of first and last impression you give them.
Structure and comfort
Manager (Former Employee), BostonMay 25, 2015
Pros: Communication and accountability
Cons: Long hours
Phenomenal levels of communication and accountability, driven from the highest level of ownership and management, right down to the hourly employees. You know where you stand and you are given goals which are measured and achievable.
Equipment and facilities are always in excellent condition, product is on hand, and there is capable training to show you how to put it into use.
Overall, a great experience if you are lucky enough to join the team. Company will go nowhere but up and forward.
Fun Environment to work
Server (Current Employee), Palmdale, CAMay 8, 2015
People with great attitudes and strive to work hard everyday. Great company to work for if looking to make good money and have fun while working.
Fast paced and long shifts, but completely worth it.
Server (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 1, 2015
I worked for Yard House, which is a Darden concept, for a year and it was the most rewarding restaurant job I've had yet. The shifts tend to run eight to nine hours but because of the volume and pricing you make a good wage each shift.
Fast Past Environment
Server (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Reliable/steady source of income
Cons: extremely long hours, lack of benefits
While working with this company, I learned to perform with skill and accuracy in high volume environments, often under pressure due to the fast paced nature of the job. I learned how to give quality service to the guest, while maintaining efficiency and contributing to the shift as a whole alongside my teammates
Great Place to Work
Trainer/Bartender/Server (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Fun and positive environment
Cons: poor healthcare coverage
If you are into craft beer and cocktails, great food, and a sports affiliated environment this is the place to work. I have been with the company for 5 years while I finished my college degree. Managers have always been flexible working with my school schedule. I enjoy the customer and staff relations. This is a great place to work since I love sports.
sr.Kitchen Mananer ll staff scheduls food control, food , focus clean for sanitationd .
kitchen mananer (Former Employee), temeculaMarch 23, 2015
I love the food, culture operations advancement.
like to work for yard house good oporation. I commute to rancho mirage .will to get closer to my family
Productive and family friendly environment
current team member (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYMarch 14, 2015
A typical day at Yard House consists of my coworkers and I making sure we are providing a comfortable and satisfying atmosphere for our customers as well as accurately taking their orders and delivering their food to them. I learned how to better by people skills, work as a team member, and gaining more experience with group work. It is all enjoyable to me because it is all good experience.
Fun place to work at. Great management and team members.
Line-Cook (Former Employee), Temecula, CAMarch 2, 2015
This place is meant for people with some experience in the kitchen. Yard House serves high quality food and is constantly busy (depending the location). Unlike most other restaurants, Yard House makes almost everything in-house, including soups, sauces, dressings and much more. Highly recommend this place to work, but must be ready to learn and accept the fast paced environment.
Front of House (Former Employee), FLFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: management is helpful when restaurant is busy
Cons: guests can be a pain sometimes
Yard House is an enjoyable atmosphere and that makes the long hours you might have to work more enjoyable and the company pays for your training.
Yard House has a positive work environment with strong team mates.
Server (Current Employee), Las VegasFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: we are provided lunch breaks during our shift if we so desire.
Cons: no medical coverage for servers working less than 40 hours
A company can only be as good as the people who represent it, and I am impressed with the management team at Yard House. They are true team mates who don't mind rolling up their sleeves when needed. They provide a strong support system and are always there for us to lend a helping hand, whether its busing tables, seating guests, picking up tables for weeded servers, or getting behind the bar for those busy nights, they are high in ethical practice and positive attitude.
Great Job
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: awesome happy hour, christmas "bonus", always make money
Cons: darden owns it
This place was an amazing concept on how food and beverage would be presented to guests. The variety of beer, spirits, wine, and food that complimented it were amazing to be apart of. Before it was bought out by Darden, this place was awesome to work at, enjoyable, great co-workers, and management. After is a different story. There was inconsistency with food, management, other things which is why I decided to leave.

However, my time there was not taken for granted. I enjoyed the people I worked with and learned a great deal about beer and food.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 20, 2015
Busy, high volume restaurant which was both challenging, but also predictable. The culture ensured good level of communication with the management team, as well as, team members.
Fun Workplace
Food Server (Former Employee), Chino Hills, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Staff and management are friendly. Perfect for students who need a flexible work schedule.
great work environment, very structured
bartender (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 7, 2015
I learned to work in a fast-paced environment with a great deal of demand. It was a very rewarding position to work in.
High energy environment with amazing co-workers
Server (Current Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 17, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: too many servers.
Yard House is a fast paced and high energy environment which requires extensive team work. Never have I worked for a company where team work has been so crucial to the overall success of not only myself, but everyone around me. Management works very long hours and very hard, a true testament to their continued success which stems from their hard work. The hardest part of the job is relying on tips and not having a conssitent pay check. That aside though, I love interacting and meeting new people. Something I plan on continuing to do throughout my career.

1 2 3 4