Yard House Employee Reviews

Fun fast paced environment
FOOD RUNNER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 14, 2017
Yard house was an excellent choice for a starting job. It was very strict with its policies and you had to make sure to follow them. You could not even be a minute late and you had to treat all guests with the utmost respect.
Amazing but stressful
Host/Busser (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 11, 2017
This job is amazing but since I was able to work from there twenty four seven. Then I feel as if it can be stressful on some days. The job pays well for a server and host.
bartender
Lead Bartender (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXDecember 6, 2017
Great company to work for and is a good location. Turn over rate is high because of not caring about employees, I feel. In my opinion they were managing the wrong types of thing in order to build sales.
Pros
great company
Cons
poor management
Fun place to be!!
SOUS CHEF (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 3, 2017
Yard House was a great place to work. They developed me and gave me the chance to become a sous chef with their company. I appreciate every opportunity they gave me.
My Review, I give it a overall a 10
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 26, 2017
A typical day a The Yard House very fast pace.
I learned about how to make a lot of different sauces from scratch.
Management fair and understanding.
Very diversity.
The is no hard part about the job.
I love to cook and learner different task about the job. And my co-workers are very friendly.
Pros
All employees eat free and management don't to much bother you as long as your doing your work.
Cons
There is know health benefits unless your working over 32 hours a week in which I don't.
Fun and fast paced environment
BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 25, 2017
I was a trainer and I worked there about 6 days a week and trained 5 of those days so I would be introducing new people into the world of yard house. I have learned how to teach people about the world of yard house and made some new friends along the way.
Pros
Amazing people to work with, and half priced lunches
Cons
Favoritism, very cliquey
Fun and enjoyable
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 24, 2017
Has great management, very busy place to work at you get to meet lots of different people,you have to be very energetic and friendly. You get to eat and enjoy all of their foods and drinks great discounts
Manuel
Pre-cook & Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLNovember 15, 2017
I have a passion for cooking all types of food. I have been doing it for the past 30 years. I enjoy seeing the people that comes to the restaurant and gives me excellent feeds backs regarding to my cooking. I'm a hard working, loyal employee for the Yard House Restaurant. I also have experience in catering for private parties and events.
Good training
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 12, 2017
Never forget to clock out otherwise you will be written up and eventually get terminated so always clock out and never be late. You only get five chances
great place to work lots of good food
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 8, 2017
yardhouse has lots of great food different verities lots of different food to chose from Chinese food to Mexican i learned many new things love to work there
Good overall experience
Runner/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2017
Yardhouse is great place to work if one does not not mind late hours and long shifts. The restaurant is very large so it requires about 50-60 staff members on a weekend night to keep the places running. Overall great management and coworkers.
Pros
Free food for HOH and host, half price for tipped employees
Cons
no holidays or big events off
Fun job
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2017
A great help in stepping towards the future of my career, straight forward management and fairly easy to work with co workers. I enjoy my time working there.
Fast paced enviroment
Host - Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 5, 2017
Fun and fast paced enviroment. Shifts were busy on the weekends and lunches. Opportunity for growth throughout the company, and chance for travel or relocation.
Productive, the money was good, good work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 4, 2017
It was very good money at the server position. Great training program. Management was supportive, good opportunity for advancement. Fun environment
Pros
great money
Cons
later hours
Yh
Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2017
Good company, was better before Darden, but there are good people there.
Great menu, always working on staying ahead of the curve, solid systems and accountability.
Good
Server (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 4, 2017
Good place, lived cliente and coworjers. Beer was also ta dry as well. Would have went back if could, but needed a change and went to another darden concept.
too much training
Server (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 2, 2017
The training was extremely extensive. roughly 2 to 3 weeks of training before you make any money. The uniform for women is a ho 3 quarter length sleeve shirt and long pants. very crazy about black socks only.
Pros
free meal
Cons
hot uniform
productive and fun place
KITCHEN LEAD (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2017
Yardhouse was a great company. i believe there was alot of things they could have done far as management & employees> but overall if i could i would do it again because they put me in the direction i wanted to be in far as management. i just left because i felt as if they were taking there time in trying to advance me in my career.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks and we closed so late at night but it was because we were so busy.
I Love Yard House
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2017
I miss it so much. Especially my Yard House Greenville Family. Nothing fun awesome times. It is truly a diversed bunch of family oriented people. I would love to move to Charlotte and work for them when it opens.
Poor management ruins work place
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Lynnfield, MAOctober 19, 2017
Management does not care about employees, they just want your work and do not care about your life outside the job. I have reported to them many time about my scheduling and they continue to ignore my requests. However, as a college student I need a job to be able to work with me not against me. Loved the job and the people I worked with would have stayed if it was not the constant scheduling problems.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
barely any break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yard House. Our community is ready to answer.