YARD HOUSE

YARD HOUSE Employer Reviews

Fun environment, never a dull moment.
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLDecember 12, 2014
Pros: free food, 25% discount
Cons: short breaks
The job itself was not tedious or difficult. Taking care of a front desk incorporated so much of what I had learned in my previous jobs that it came naturally. Having a steady background in customer service gave me the confidence to talk to guests and provide the best experience possible for them. Being my first service job I did learn how to better – more... resolve situations in order to make everyone happy, even if it meant stepping out of my hostess role momentarily to provide guests with the best possible service.
The main issue, personally speaking, was management. They "baby" everyone in any position to the point where you can't make simple decisions without having to ask them first. I am no stranger to taking direction, but I like independence especially when I've proven time and time again that I am fully able to complete a task. This job was very repetitive with very little room for mistake and spontaneity. That being stated, the lack of confidence shown toward their employees to do what they have been trained and drilled to do was mostly unnecessary. The hardest part of this job, in my opinion, was being watched and scrutinized everyday while on the job. Although not all management was as strict, it still put a damper on my leadership personalities. I can recall being reprimanded for helping a fellow host in training a new team member within our position.
My co-workers were the driving force for me staying as long as I did. They were some of the best people I've ever met, making the totalitarianism bearable. There were hard workers in all positions and I admired their stories and lives, their strife for providing for their families and their overall attitude toward life.
The only times of real stress and frustration were during game nights or important sports matches. Not being a sports bar/restaurant came as a big shock to some of our patrons and guests. Although there are big screens and an extensive bar the focus was not around sports, it was more a distraction than anything. However, we experienced an influx of fanatics that at times even overwhelmed our management. We worked hard and diligently, like a well-oiled machine, to provide service and take care of our guests during those times.
Again, my co-workers were definitely the best and most enjoyable part of the job. But if I had to choose something else, it would definitely be the food. As a host we were provided with a complimentary employee meal each shift. There was a minor downside to the meal, breaks were only 10 minutes and you couldn't take leftovers home. The free food was still worth it. The kitchen team was phenomenal and above all very friendly. – less
Fast pace, fun and energized place to work.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Dedham, MADecember 9, 2014
The pace of the day is always determined by the amount of customers. Management is strong and supportive. Co-workers made working truly fulfilling. Hardest part of the job was the long shifts and being there until early hours of the morning. I loved knowing that I was able to serve multitudes of people.
Upbeat place to work.
Hostess (Current Employee), Lynnfield, MADecember 8, 2014
Pros: free meals. employee discount, not only at just their restaurant but all darden restaurants
Cons: short breaks. (10min-paid) (30min-clock out)
It's a fairly easy job. Pay is good. Management is good. As long as you do what is expected of you, follow appearance guidelines, and aren't late or call out a lot you should be fine. (As any job is.) You're required to answer phones, menu knowledge for takeout orders, basic register skills, interacting with customers/guests. It's a pretty simple job. – more... Just make sure to keep a positive and friendly attitude as well. – less
Good High Quality Restaurant
Server (Current Employee), Meridian, IDDecember 4, 2014
Yard House itself is a great company. But for long term success and quality of life it is non existent. Its hard to base a consistent income.
na
Grill Cook, Pantry, Prep, Baker (Current Employee), tucson park placeNovember 20, 2014
what i Learn here is that you get to work in all stations if you ask then . I staterd in the Flat Grill and Charcol Grill then i ak to be move to pantry there i learn to do salads sandwitches thern i ask to be move to bakery there i"m still learning Deserts people are geart Mamagenet is ok they say .we are here for you but i think not true they cut – more... your hours they are allways hiring new people and your hours are given to then – less
NA
Bartender (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 11, 2014
great company. strict rules. I dont understand why I have to write a review for this website. this makes no sense to me.
ok place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee), West Nyack, NYOctober 28, 2014
started out really good and got bad quick. managment very picky and only grew with people that the managers felt good and were always poor decision very biased management
Yardhouse is excellent beer
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Temecula, CASeptember 21, 2014
Great beer, great environment, and room for advancement. Yardhouse's sense of culture is self-evident along with its culinary vision.
Amaing work enviornment
Line Cook (Former Employee), VASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: excellent pay, positive work enviornment, good career advancement.
Cons: no colorado springs location to relocate to.
This company was amazing at their standards of food, cleanliness and hygiene. They also held all employes accountable for their actions and had no favoritism in the workplace. It was the best work experience I ever had.
Great work environment
Server (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: opportunity for growth
Cons: na
Great place to work. Training team teaches you step by step and guides trainees thoroughly.
Management is there as your support if an employee needs anything.
Very solid structure working environment.
Consistency ,culture and fun
Kitchen manager / Training store Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), , Boca roaton FlAugust 28, 2014
All managers work a variety of shifts during a week . Opens , mids and closing shifts .
My communication skills and level of accountability has improved . The open lines of communication is evident throughout the comapny
Management is a core group helping each other to achieve our personal and business goals

Hardest part of my job is personal balance – more... of life. tend to over stay on my shifts . Some days are longer than others

Most enjoyable part of my job is the team work during impacted shifts . All hands come together in order to ensure guest satisfaction – less
Best team members ever
Server (Former Employee), Hallandale Beach, FLAugust 14, 2014
The environment was family family oriented amongst team members. Unfortunately when it came to management the consistency was fairly disappointing. Not enough coaching involved, only and always disciplinary actions taken and it did not help build the moral of the environment.
great work enviroment
Line Cook (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAAugust 13, 2014
best place to work for job security,advancement etc they have a great quality of food with great people willing to show you a better way to work by just following receipes
proffesional and fun envirnment to work in
Line Cook (Former Employee), TemeculaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch and fun learning experiance
Cons: shorts brakes
My experience there was amazing. everyday was something new to hope for. Every employee had the same desire witch is to be a pro at cooking. the toughest part of the job was to memorize all of the recopies in the beginning of a new station. almost every weekend was enjoyable because there were challenges that helped us reach our full potential.
Fun place to work and a awesome team.
Server (Current Employee), Brea, CAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: work with a great staff
Cons: healthcare
I mainly work night shifts. It is a great server job and I go in everyday working with friends.
Very Professional
Food Expediter, Server, Trainer (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 24, 2014
Yard House in Pasadena was a team member training store. A typical day work would focus on training future management team members in customer care as well as sales building. Co-workers were for the most part money motivated and fun to be around. Do to the training environment management team members would often spend only half a year to a year in the – more... the Pasadena location. this often caused a minor discourse in the consistency of team member management relations. – less
Eh
Server & Bar Tender (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 16, 2014
Not to bad, but you might get fired for not immediately charging for a soda. They are cool until you make a mistake, then they treat you like a criminal.

This never happened to me, but I saw it all to often.
Great place to work if you love beer
Server/Trainer (Former Employee), Glenview, ILJune 3, 2014
One of the funnest places that i ever have worked . great food, great beer good times . The hardest part of my jobs was tying not to eat all the food and drink the beer .
Fast paced and always busy
Certified Trainer and Server (Current Employee), Dedham, MAMay 12, 2014
Cons: job security
Insane money. Double what I made serving anywhere else. Rigorous training process.
Current Employee Fenway
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), FenwayApril 30, 2014
Pros: great money, great working environment, awesome food
Cons: parking, huge menu to learn, lots of ingredients to know
I love this job! Awesome concept! The best beer list and great food!! The money is great! We get weeded here daily! My co-workers are a great team! We have fun! I highly recommend that you come in and see it for yourself!

1 2 3