Yard House Employee Reviews

Fun atmosphere with many beers to choose from
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Busy fast paced environment
Guest is the number one priority
YardHouse culture is the fuel to the establishment
Training is very extensive and full of information
The hardest part of the job would be closing, the bar is massive so it took quit some time to clean it.
The most enjoyable part would be learning about the new beers we would get in, and explaining them to the guests.
Pros
consistant income
Cons
management is not on the same page, lack in comminication and positive feedback
Declining culture, food quality falling, standards are gone
Sous chef (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJanuary 22, 2017
Company is really on a decline from an internal point of view. As the company grows they are taking away from food quality. Alot if managers are under qualified 80% of the chefs cant cook a burger right. They have taken the skill out if the kitchen and will hire anyone. As for a manager dont plan on having a life. When its good for the company they love it when its good for you they belittle you. Stay away from this concept. They claim to have a strong culture every month they change brand values and focus.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of quality, no work life balance, upper managment no respect
Awful management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLJanuary 16, 2017
There were at least 4-6 managers of this one restaurant and not one of them knew what the other was doing. When a personal/family issue came up, they had zero respect for the time that I needed off. I explained everything to them yet they would call ON WEEKENDS to still have me come in.
The managers would be polite to our faces, but when there weren't any guests in front of us, they would never take responsibility for their own mistakes and therefore, blame us (their employees)
fast paced, always changing, fun environment, great pay
server (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 6, 2017
Yard house is a great company to work for because it keeps you on your feet. Management was amazing in terms of delagating work to all team members equally. I loved it because as long as you knew what you were selling then management would leave you alone and if they sensed that you were struggling they would take the time to help you out however necessary. To anyone who wants to work their way up in ranks then yard house is great about letting you move up if you show drive and great work ethics.
Pros
pay, tips, half off employee meals, vacation, benefits
Cons
short break, very tiring, open late
Amazing concept
Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2017
The typical day at work was smooth till 7 pm then business would alway pick up. The structure behind each concept that Yard House provides is incredible. From the mechanics to the expo station to the high standards of the bar it makes it such a amazing place to work. The people that work there and the people that come to dine are all incredible and the food is just on another level.
Pros
great people, great F&B, great money
Cons
lack of hours
Decent money, fun environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CADecember 5, 2016
Yard House is known for their massive beer selection and tasting different styles was always fun. I learned about what I liked and didnt like and would sell beer based on that. Unfortunately education classes weren't offered. The back of the house was always dirty. There was even flooding that would go on for weeks and it would smell really bad. Management wasn't great. For the most part they picked favorites based on how flirtatious you were. This also determined your schedule and who received the best shifts. This dynamic made co-workers difficult to get along with because everything felt competitive. The money there is pretty good but overall vibe is what made me leave.
Productive and fun workspace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 23, 2017
A typical day at work is always pretty productive. Yard house is pretty popular, especially the Ridge Hill location in the tri-state area. I learned a lot about hospitality, patience... pretty much helped exercise my people skills... management was great always on top of the guests needs and spectacular GM very attentive to her employees needs as well. Great ambiance
Fun work enviornment. Great general manager. She's very compassionate about her job and about her co workers. Positive vibes
Front Desk; Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 17, 2016
Job I saw myself advancing very fast. As long as you're a good worker and self motivated and they acknowledged it, they would love to see you excel as long as you want to see yourself excel. Flexible with your schedule and room to grow.
Pros
Host had free meals, opportunities to advance
Cons
Worked worked full time hours and didnt't recieve the beneifts such as healthcare.
It's a fun environment to be around but I just didn't like that I got demoted to a food Runner when I worked for Darden Olive Garden.
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 21, 2016
They are very strict on the time policy and dress code. They also allow colored hair like pink or blue
Sometimes the managers talk to you like your stupid and something you might have to deal with.
Pros
50% off employee meal
Cons
They may cut your hours with unessecary 30 min breaks for 6 hour shifts or less.
Money making Place
Expo Lead/ Server (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 27, 2017
A place where you can make money and go home. This place is always crowded and there are a lot of opportunities to move up. You must be able to know at least more than half the beers. The Employees are the most enjoyable part of the job. fun and loving people.
Pros
half off lunches. full breaks.
Cons
heavy lifting
fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 21, 2017
switch over, talking with guest, hanging out in window, pour tests,

I learned a lot about manager skills but, the company didn't care about our quality of life.

hardest part the work and hours away from my family

best part they paid very well
Pros
money great
Cons
family life
Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2017
Great environment with great co-workers but managers show favoritism and show no empathy, Schedules can be unfair but there are tools like Hot Schedules that provide shift swaps.
Pros
Shift swaps
Cons
Favoratism, Long Hours, Brutal Taining
My postion at yard house started out very enjoyable but ast the company grew the qualit of managers and hour employees standard slipped.
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2016
Lead sous chef, opening the restaurant, mid-shifts and closing responsible for hiring, training ordering of all kitchen supplies, food cost labor and the daily operation's of the kitchen. managing food cost and labor. coworkers young and most new to managing. Right now hiring reliable team members. teaching young men and women the ins and outs of foodservice.
Pros
The love of working in the kitchen, teaching and training, the salary and bouns and the benfits.
Cons
Managers not on the same page too often not able to hire and maintain godd kitchen staff
great food if you have money to spend
fry cook (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 12, 2017
It was a fun place to work but management was unprofessional. My co workers were easy to get along with besides of few people. The food was overpriced but the taste was great.
Pros
great food
Cons
over priced
Pretty decent place to work
Las Vegas - Bartender (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2017
As long as you can follow directions and rules it's a pretty cool place. They have a tendency to micromanage, but if you do a good job and have a good attitude they pretty much let you be.
Good but time to move on
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 14, 2016
good benefits, the overall mood of the EKM trying to weed out all the people that have worked there for awhile has killed the overall mood in the kitchen and its not a fun place to work anymore
very busy work place.
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLSeptember 8, 2016
very busy work place from the moment you come in for your shift it's non stop so you have to create a fun environment for the line cook typically we are more busy for football season.
Pros
young company with Darden
Cons
higher up management doesn't run company correct.
Fun place to work but poor management
Host (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 31, 2016
Very nice environment to work in. Got along with almost all my coworkers. Great food and a lot of beer. Only bad thing were managers that had poor communication and treat you like you're a child.
Pros
Free lunch and paid weekly
Cons
short breaks, don't know when your shift ends
Amazing restaurant and tavern, exceptionally managed.
Server (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJune 29, 2016
The Yard House was the best restaurant I've worked for during my career as a Server. Their training program was incredibly extensive in relation to all others I've been through. Throughout my training and employment, I expanded my knowledge of beer from "better than most" to highly advanced. I also learned how to be a great server while still operating as a team and helping out others when in need. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the fast-paced environment.
Pros
Very lucrative weekend shifts. Great flexibility with HotSchedules.
Cons
Long shifts
Fun place to work
Hostess/server (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 9, 2016
It was a fun place to work but they had a lot of management problems. They also had trouble keeping staff members and you had to pay $5 to park or more every time you came to work.
Pros
free food every shift, fun enviornment
Cons
terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yard House. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval