Yates Employee Reviews

Hard work but good pay.
Combo and Stainless Welder (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 10, 2017
These were just short shut down jobs. Good pay, long hours, worked with good people. The hardest part was being away from family out on the road. Would work here again.
lots of work
Welder Helper (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 25, 2017
I'am a bit younger then most of my coworkers but they have patience with me and teach me everything i need to learn. It is a huge learning experience.
It is a decent place to work.
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNMarch 19, 2017
The hardest part of the job was being talked down to by supervision. I learned how to be consistent and thorough. The most enjoyable part of the job was benefit such as, health, dental, and life insurance was very good. The culture is very diverse which was awesome.
Pros
Benefits and discounts.
Cons
Too much overtime. The women don't move up quickly.
work was not fun
Machine Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNMarch 6, 2017
Work consisted of the same thing everything. It was very routine and the higher ups do not care about the workers. They only car about getting stuff done. They honestly do not even care about the quality of the vehicles made in that plant. You can not expect 10/10 work, while paying sub par and hiring anyone off the street. None of the 18 year old workers there car about the quality of work they are doing.
Very productive
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSJanuary 28, 2017
I was on the market crew. We work on highways. We laid down stripes. The good thing about it the pay was good and you get all the jobs you want. The only probkem i got laid off
I worked alot
Tech position, (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 23, 2016
I like all my job,some of them hard but I like and I don't have any problem with my job.I work in Yates for 5 days from Sunday night through Thursday night I work in night shift.
Yates
Technician (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 16, 2016
A typical day a Yates is pick the parts to put in Nissan cars. I learned how to work as a team. the management is good at helping you to do the best you can. The part of the job is keeping up with the line. The best part of the job is help to build a car.
Pros
Good pay, Good, management, good co-workers
Cons
Keeping up with the line.
Not the best place I've ever worked, but it's a solid job.
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 11, 2016
It's an automotive plant, run by company men. There's little regard for work/life balance. Lots of micro-management, and an overwhelming amount of bureaucratic favoritism. But they're in need of people, so it's easy to get hired and stay that way. It's also easy to get in trouble over petty policies and there's a severe lack of vacation time available. The plant shuts down for 2 weeks each summer and then a week and a half during Christmas. The problem is, your "vacation time" is predetermined for those periods. If you wish to take off any other time of the year, you get 3 days paid, 3 days unpaid. Past that, you're on corrective action. If you're cool with never seeing your family, this is the place for you.
Pros
Hard to get fired
Cons
Miserable work/life balance.
good benifits, little time off.
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 8, 2016
Okay company to work for. Bonuses yearly. didn't have a life to enjoy the money because you're always at work :(. yates workers did the same if not more than nissan workers only to get less money. unfair. they will prolong you becoming a full time nissan employee. favoritism and racism.
Associate Technician (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNOctober 25, 2016
Work 5 sometime 6 days a week. I've learn a lot in Nissan it self, cars, and people etc. The most hard thing about Nissan is manual labor, it's rough on your body.
Workload fair
Material Analyst (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNOctober 9, 2016
The workload was fair but management let negative attitudes ruin the atmosphere. We worked as Nissan employees but did not get the team treatment and the same compensation as them.
Pros
pay was great
Cons
negative attitudes daily
Maintenace
Conveyor tech. (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNOctober 3, 2016
It's was a nice place to work,I was on weekend shift for 3 & 1/2 years it was starting to effect home life. So it was time for a change!
Worked around good people
Conveyor Maintenance\Tool&Die (Former Employee) –  Decherd, TNAugust 28, 2016
New what was expected to do day to day. Learned a lot from from my fellow workers.My boss was fair and honest liked that.Good people.When things had to be fixed quick.The people.
Pros
Cooked out alot
Cons
Short breaks had a call break down.
Very productive it's always something to do.
Labor (Current Employee) –  Jackson msAugust 24, 2016
Overall this is a great job to maintain, all you have to do is come to work everyday. Actuall work for your position and you will do good with this compmay.
Pros
Off on some weekends
Cons
Work some weekends
The company prided themselves on 8 million + work hours without any accidents, they stressed safety.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSAugust 1, 2016
The majority of the time there were no set assignments. We took service calls as they came in to the dispatch office. I learned about computer and printer repair, DVT cameras, Cisco routers and switches, and I learned about automobile production. Overall, my co-workers were a decent group of guys (women included). I didn't consider the job to be difficult, but if I had to say there was a difficult part, it would be having to manauver into tight places. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the people throughout the plant.
Pros
Working overtime.
Cons
Working overtime.
Good Company
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 7, 2016
Worked there for many years, learned a lot while employed. Diverse environment, always changing. Was a Maintenance Contractor for Nissan Motor Manufacturing, hiring individuals to work in the plant for assistance to Nissan's production and over all business.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Budget Cuts
Fast paced work.
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJune 21, 2016
I enjoyed doing a job that constantly tested me to make sure that i was doing the job correctly.
The worst part of the job was the lack of days off. We were only off on Sundays and some Saturdays.
The management was on more of a "buddy" system. It was hard to get anywhere at nissan just because you had to have friends in the right places in order to get any kind of real promotion.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not enough family time
Love My Job
Document Control/Admin (Current Employee) –  MississippiMay 30, 2016
I absolutely love my job and the people I work with. I look at this job as a blessing and would stay here forever if I could, unfortunately it is considered a construction job and will soon be coming to an end. I have gained so much experience and skills. I work all the hours I could want ranging from 50-70 per week and stay fairly busy. I would say the hardest part of the job is looking at the computer all day :)
My management is wonderful, caring, understanding, and compassionate.
Pros
excessive hours, good pay
Assembly Line Technician
Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSMay 12, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of a fast-paced assembly line to make sure that operations ran smoothly and efficient. Learned how to be organized and accurate.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short Breaks
long hours but good pay
Technician (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNMay 10, 2016
base pay is around $15.50 plus a .40 cent raise every 6 months and bonuses twice a year. You'll work 40 hours most weeks but can work up to 55 during the busy part of the year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yates. Our community is ready to answer.