YAVAPAI COLLEGE Employee Reviews

worked with colliegate athletes
Assistant Softball Coach (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 5, 2017
I worked as an Assistant Coach and worked in the weight room to earn extra money. As an assistant I helped coach young athletes. We practiced everyday, games mostly on the weekend (doubleheaders). We also were the first softball program at Yavapai and made it to the Junior College World Series. the hardest part of the job was being away from family and friends the enjoyable part was getting to see these young woman grow just like I did when I played in college
Pros
being a coach is what I dreamed of
Cons
no benefits, lots of extra hours and time spent
Fun place to work
Facilities Maintenance Lead Worker (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJuly 10, 2017
The custodial crew is great. They really know how to work together as a team to get things done. I had a great time working here. I learned many things.
15 mts extra aparte de mi descanso correspondiente
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  PendienteJuly 5, 2017
Me gusta trabajar en equipo con gente amable y que no lleve sus problemas personales al trabajo.
Pros
Pagan parte de mi aseguranza medica
Cons
No dan horas extras
Employees are great to work with
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZJune 30, 2017
Its a great part time job looking for great benefits which they have. I am not full time though.You work independently do your job and do it right and no hassles by your bosses, no headaches to take home no sleepless nights. unlike my full-time job.
Pros
work independitly
Cons
Part time
Horticultural production and community supported agrciulture
Lead Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Chino Valley, AZMay 8, 2017
A typical day at Yavapai College's 80 acre agriculture technology campus, starts with me inspecting the 10,000 sq. ft. environmentally controlled greenhouse. I walk the 4 bays and listen and look for any type of equipment malfunctions, check on overall crop health, and search for any pest issues. I have learned to manage and maintain an extensive agricultural production facility and to implement a production schedule for various ornamental and food crops. The hardest part of the job is when there is an equipment malfunction that affects the greenhouse crop health. I enjoy the harvesting and processing of the fruits and vegetables that are then sold to local consumers.
Productive and easy place to work
Federal Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZFebruary 7, 2017
Convenient place to work while in school. Very flexible with hours. Understanding of school life. Everyone is nice. Learn lots of life skills. Work happy.
Realaxed techie environment with donuts
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZNovember 2, 2016
A job I was very glad to have, and a great place to expand my knowledge and interests of Information Technology. Friendly team that helped me learn many new things.
Great education and training
Student (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 22, 2016
I feel prepared to move forward towards my goal to find a rewarding career. My education and training have given me all of the tools for success.
Great place to work... in some departments.
Asset Protection Manager (Current Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJune 3, 2016
Student development is a hostile environment but everywhere else was great. I loved my mentor in computer technologies. Benefits were outstanding.
Hostile work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMay 24, 2016
managers are allowed to get away with verbally abusing their employee's.

I reported my supervisor and her abusive of myself and other co workers. Nothing was done, even though 12 people prior to myself quit in 2 years time. They also reported the hostile work environment, but nothing was done by HR. It seems that they only wanted to protect their image and brushed all of our complaints under the rug.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
managment
Excellent place to work
Clinical Nurse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 12, 2015
Well organized. Great work/life balance. Excellent staff. Professional culture. Everyone very helpful. Students appear to be happy with the college and what it has to offer. Campuses are very nice.
Fun place
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 1, 2015
I loved being a resident assistant at Yavapai. I met so many people and Prescott really is a beautiful town! Absolutely love it!!
Fun Work Environment
Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  Clarkdale, AZJune 30, 2015
A typical day as a tutor consists of helping students with anything they need. Even though my job title is a tutor, I also play other roles like a motivator and a teacher. I help students with homework, study skills, and if they need direction on the computer. I learn something new just about everyday and that is one of the great things about being a tutor. The best part of the job is the people and the students I get to work with. We are like a family and we have lots of fun no matter what we are doing. Being a tutor does have its challenges. The hardest part of the job would be seeing students that are not motivated and are negative about their work. It can be tough to try to get them to see the positive and get them motivated but in the end, I do end up helping them and they end up leaving with a smile. My supervisor right now is temporary since they are looking for a permanent director but she is the best. She is very nice and considerate and is more like a friend.
This is a great place to work at.
Adjunct Nutrition Instructor (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZApril 21, 2015
I have an opportunity to share my expertise with nursing students.
It is a rewarding experience, while learning to manage the course load and challenges.
Pros
I am able to positively impact future healthcare professionals.
Cons
Time is so limited.
Great Employees and Pretty Campus
Assistant Volleyball Coach (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZApril 20, 2015
I loved my time spent working at Yavapai. The newly renovated campus is modern-looking and you can walk anywhere on campus within 5 minutes. The president is a great lady that respect and supports every facet of the organization. Faculty and staff were polite in a sincere way and I enjoyed coming to work every week!
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Prescott AZFebruary 9, 2015
great place to work with some of the best coworkers I've ever had!
college closes same time the schools closes! great if you have kids
Pros
time off
Yavapai College
Spanish Instructor (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZDecember 8, 2014
I really like teaching at Yavapai College. A typical day at work is like one might expect: lesson plan, grade papers and give instruction along with committee work. I have learned many things while working at Yavapai College; the main thing that I have learned is the importance of team work. Most colleagues are easy-going and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is getting along with everyone and constantly finding new ways to engage students. The most enjoyable part of working at Yavapai College is seeing students gain skills that they will take into their lives.
I enjoyed being a student and part of the community college culture.
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZOctober 23, 2014
Balancing home and school was an incredible learning adventure that I'll treasure forever.
professional and fun envirnment
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMarch 10, 2014
A typical day at work involved running a historic analysis of company appropriations and documenting them in Microsoft. I learned about Microsoft office and new approaches in the financial world. The managers were highly developed professionals and very considerate. The best part of my job was acquiring the skills necessary for understanding Microsoft office and working with highly developed professionals.
Pros
learning new computer approaches and professionalism
Cons
low pay because it was my first job.
Positive Teaching experience
NARSC-DES Child Care Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 29, 2013
Early childhood Curriculum
NARSC DES training
Part-time adjunct Instructor
Positive relationship with management
Teaching students
Pros
Variety of student and cultural diversity experiences
Cons
n/a