YAVAPAI COLLEGE Employee Reviews in United States

Hostile work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMay 24, 2016
managers are allowed to get away with verbally abusing their employee's.

I reported my supervisor and her abusive of myself and other co workers. Nothing was done, even though 12 people prior to myself quit in 2 years time. They also reported the hostile work environment, but nothing was done by HR. It seems that they only wanted to protect their image and brushed all of our complaints under the rug.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
managment
Excellent place to work
Clinical Nurse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 12, 2015
Well organized. Great work/life balance. Excellent staff. Professional culture. Everyone very helpful. Students appear to be happy with the college and what it has to offer. Campuses are very nice.
Fun Work Environment
Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  Clarkdale, AZJune 30, 2015
A typical day as a tutor consists of helping students with anything they need. Even though my job title is a tutor, I also play other roles like a motivator and a teacher. I help students with homework, study skills, and if they need direction on the computer. I learn something new just about everyday and that is one of the great things about being a tutor. The best part of the job is the people and the students I get to work with. We are like a family and we have lots of fun no matter what we are doing. Being a tutor does have its challenges. The hardest part of the job would be seeing students that are not motivated and are negative about their work. It can be tough to try to get them to see the positive and get them motivated but in the end, I do end up helping them and they end up leaving with a smile. My supervisor right now is temporary since they are looking for a permanent director but she is the best. She is very nice and considerate and is more like a friend.
Great Employees and Pretty Campus
Assistant Volleyball Coach (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZApril 20, 2015
I loved my time spent working at Yavapai. The newly renovated campus is modern-looking and you can walk anywhere on campus within 5 minutes. The president is a great lady that respect and supports every facet of the organization. Faculty and staff were polite in a sincere way and I enjoyed coming to work every week!
This is a great place to work at.
Adjunct Nutrition Instructor (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZApril 21, 2015
I have an opportunity to share my expertise with nursing students.
It is a rewarding experience, while learning to manage the course load and challenges.
Pros
I am able to positively impact future healthcare professionals.
Cons
Time is so limited.
Fun place
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 1, 2015
I loved being a resident assistant at Yavapai. I met so many people and Prescott really is a beautiful town! Absolutely love it!!
Yavapai College
Spanish Instructor (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZDecember 8, 2014
I really like teaching at Yavapai College. A typical day at work is like one might expect: lesson plan, grade papers and give instruction along with committee work. I have learned many things while working at Yavapai College; the main thing that I have learned is the importance of team work. Most colleagues are easy-going and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is getting along with everyone and constantly finding new ways to engage students. The most enjoyable part of working at Yavapai College is seeing students gain skills that they will take into their lives.
professional and fun envirnment
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMarch 10, 2014
A typical day at work involved running a historic analysis of company appropriations and documenting them in Microsoft. I learned about Microsoft office and new approaches in the financial world. The managers were highly developed professionals and very considerate. The best part of my job was acquiring the skills necessary for understanding Microsoft office and working with highly developed professionals.
Pros
learning new computer approaches and professionalism
Cons
low pay because it was my first job.
A place to work with good people but managment issues
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZNovember 23, 2011
I enjoyed the people I worked with and maintain a relationship with some. Management was the issue...but they have made many changes since I was employed and I expect they have improved.
Pros
employees
Cons
management
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Prescott AZFebruary 9, 2015
great place to work with some of the best coworkers I've ever had!
college closes same time the schools closes! great if you have kids
Pros
time off
Great Benefits!
Associate Office of Public Information/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMarch 22, 2012
Good benefits. Variety of positions available. Schedule coincides with most Educational institutions. Great employer if you have children.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
yc does not support employee advancement
Positive Teaching experience
NARSC-DES Child Care Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 29, 2013
Early childhood Curriculum
NARSC DES training
Part-time adjunct Instructor
Positive relationship with management
Teaching students
Pros
variety of student and cultural diversity experiences
Cons
n/a
Great place to work, lots of ways to postitively effect your community.
Senior Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clarkdale, AZJuly 17, 2012
Yavapai College is a great place to work. As an alumni, it feels great to be able to help others get their education from a school I've graduated from. I'm proud of the work I do here.
Great place to work, great benefits, and you positively impact your community!
Senior Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clarkdale, AZJuly 17, 2012
As an alumni, I'm very proud to work here. I have a great relationship with the staff, faculty, and students I have met here.
I enjoyed being a student and part of the community college culture.
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZOctober 23, 2014
Balancing home and school was an incredible learning adventure that I'll treasure forever.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YAVAPAI COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5