Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC)

Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) Employee Reviews

Treated like dirt from everyone
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJune 16, 2017
Working at YRMC as a nursing assistant is terrible. Most of the nurses boss you around constantly and are unwilling to help with any patient care. Meanwhile they sit and play games on their phones or gossip the whole shift. And a lot of the patients treat you just as bad. The upper management seems completely oblivious to any of this, which doesn't help. Plus, there is no opportunity for advancement. I was so glad when I left YRMC.
Pros
the few helpful nurses, decent benefits
Yrmc
Physician Care Cardiology (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJune 3, 2017
YRMC is a nonprofit organization and I struggled with management as well as others taking credit for the policies and procedures I had recommended with regards to medication refills and who has the right to fill them according the the AZ law.
Interesting
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMay 29, 2017
What an experience. Great co-workers. Most physicians were great, but hospital allowed one physican in particular to behave badly. He was a hot head, continously blew up at employees if things didn't go his way. I myself had a couple of run ins with him. Management wouldn't put him in check.
Pros
Learned about the Cardiac Cath Lab
Cons
Management afraid of holding physician accountable
It is Yuma Regional Medical Center had great benefits
Medical Transcription Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 25, 2017
My typical day was managing 20 plus transcriptionists a day and doling work out to everyone, making sure the turnaround time was correct.

The hardest part of the job was making sure the turnaround times were correct and when we had no work, making sure everyone had some work to do.
Not my favorite place to work.
RN (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMay 17, 2017
Patient load was typically heavy, not a lot of support. Patient care was the best part of the job. The assignments didn't always appear to be fair but the coworkers were supportive for the most part.
Utility worker-Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZMay 17, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company but because of the long hours and the balance of life/family/work I decide it did not work for this time in my life. It was a great company to work for and would return to this company if the opportunity if arouse in the future.
Thanks
Cons
Fast paced and rewarding place to work
Admitting Clerk/ER Secretary/ER Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMay 12, 2017
There is never a dull moment working in an emergency room. Made many wonderful memories and worked with talented, caring people
Learned coding and medical terminology.
Very fast paced and extremely rewarding.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Shifts are long, 12 hours
great company
PRN Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZMay 10, 2017
quality company, well ran, great staff, fun and enjoy working here. well cared for enviroment with excellent training. management and techs are top notch.
Pros
great staff
Cons
long commute, busy er
Pay.
Senior Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZApril 24, 2017
The hours are not ideal, the management isn't the best but sometimes understanding. They pay everyone the bare min, no matter what your experience is. Won't give a raise till your second year review. Then after that yearly it's only .3 cents.
Pros
Great staff through out the hospital.
Cons
Pay and hours.
It is a good organization to work for.
Utility Worker II (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZ 86301March 26, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my co-workers. We were a good team and had good work ethics. The managers were understanding of work/life balance.
Pros
Great benefits, a good work environment.
Cons
Drama in certain departments
Productive sometimes stressful but fun workplace
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZFebruary 11, 2017
YRMC is a pretty good place to work. The staff works very well together and the clients range from infants to geriatric.I learn the most about how nice it is when everyone work together. YRMC is a fairly busy site but somehow it never seems to feel that bad. A typical day is morning portables, then inpatients and Fluoroscopy exams with the never ending ER..
Pros
team members
Cons
heavy workloads
Hard work long days
Float Pool Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJanuary 26, 2017
I would work 12 hour shifts, on every floor. I worked each unit ICU., PCU., CVICU., Ortho., Peds., It was hard work lifting, transporting. I left to further my education, this job made it very hard to do that.
compentent nursing
Clinical Nurse operating room (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZDecember 30, 2016
The nursing staff was knowledgeable and I enjoyed working with them. The charge nurse and clinical coordinator are micro managers and they make it difficult for you to do your job correctly, they both micro mange differently resulting in confusion for the less experienced RN's. I enjoyed working with the staff on east campus and will miss them. Management are all about the money and their bonuses and forget about the employees under them that make all the positive work happen. A lot of the benefits have changed and not for the better either
Pros
pleasant coworkers
Cons
working with surgeons that are demeaning and condescending, only about 10% rest of the surgeons are awesome to work with
terrible management
Medical Technologist, Generalist (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZDecember 26, 2016
I worked here for 7 years in the clinical laboratory. When another tech was passive aggressive with me management did nothing to defend me from this person and I ended up quitting my job. My HR complaint was buried by my supervisor and I was made to look like the bad person. This is a terrible work environment for a professional med tech.
Pros
nice hospital
Cons
management lack of support on employees behalf
Entertaining place to work.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZDecember 18, 2016
It was a high paced environment . Very educational. Fellow coworkers and management were always willing to contribute. The patients were the reason I went to work everyday. Very joyful to begin new friendships.
Pros
Working with amazing people
Cons
Very high school. To much talking and not enough working
Perfect teaching hospital
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZOctober 24, 2016
thankful I created my externship there and was then hired on. had an amazing learning environment. I was able to advance and excel in my career due to all this hospital taught me,
Very busy or very slow
Certified Nursing Assistant/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZSeptember 8, 2016
YRMC was a good experience based on my daily job and the duties I carried out as a nursing assistant. It was a good building block and my first hospital experience as well as working in critical care units. I was there a little over two years and the patients and their families were the best part about my 12 hour days. I left at night knowing I did something worth a lot.
Pros
12 hr shifts, met my boyfriend there
Cons
patient to staff ratio, no help, rude and nasty co workers
Fun Place
Lead Cook/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZAugust 17, 2016
Love the patients but Management needs major improvement. CEO and upper management should be more proactive in the departments so they are aware of whats REALLY going on.
Pros
Fun Enviroment
Cons
Management Team
Very clique'ish. If management didnt like you, you were sure to know it.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJune 26, 2016
Was employed there for 9 yrs. Within the first 3 mo was already wrote up for something I was not even on shift for. Clinical Coordinators did not investigate incident at all and wrote me up for a demise of pt when I was at home asleep. When they say the patient is always right take their word for it because you will be the one in the wrong. Management does not take into consideration circumstances involved when pt has been in procedures and is somewhat altered mental status. Even knowing this a complaint was written and there we go again written up for nothing. Once they have it out for you there is no way to fly under the radar even on late shift. Patient care was good depending on staff on shift. Pay was decent cant get better around here benefits were ok at best but beats not having any at all. Support was non existant unless you had the "RN" after your name. Or you were willing to be a minion and not speak up for yourself. I dont mind working hard. Some days harder than others especially when they hire RN's who dont know what they are doing and ask the CNA for help! Call me stupid but if you're an RN shouldnt you know total patient care. So short story made long, if you like being over worked and put into dangerous staffing situations this is the place for you. If you need a job be prepared for the BS around there. There is no compassion from management when emergencies happen to you.
Pros
Some of the staff were awesome, patient care, wages.
Cons
No support when short staff, no backing of employees. No advancement for CNA unless you go to Nursing School.
not a good fit for me in this environment
Health Information Outpatient Coder-BEGINNER (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMay 23, 2016
Worked at Verde Valley Med Ctr while taking a coding class in Flagstaff. Graduated the class but failed certification. YRMC hired me as an ER coder with knowledge that I was a newbie. I could not keep up with the production quota and my inexperience at coding was not a good fit. I was put into an ancillaries coding position that I shared with another person out of state. I was doing well at this since it was data entry of the physician diagnosis until I was reprimanded of not being up to production qutoa. I decided to terminate with this employer because of realization that I was not in the right place to learn coding. My experience was so bad there that I never pursued any other coding position.
Pros
nice people I worked with
Cons
confined to desk and computer too many hours, little breaks, production quota unreasonable for a new coder

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC). Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval