Yavapai Regional Medical Center

Yavapai Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Wonderful Imaging Department
Staff Radiology Technologist (Former Employee), Prescott, AZJuly 22, 2014
YRMC has a great team to work with. Everybody in the department is there to help the patients. Management is top notch, always accommodating. The hardest part of the job was to see patients that I knew outside of the hospital. The most enjoyable part of the job was to care for the patients.
Strange policies and procedures
nurse practitioner (Former Employee), wound care centerJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great staff, modern facility, beautiful locale
Cons: arrogant administration
I absolutely loved my job at this facility. The staff in my area were outstanding, Administration and management were non-supportive, using outdated management practices as well as being unaware of the role of a mid level provider. The policies regarding treatment and payment of exempt employees were unlike anywhere else I have ever worked in my extensive – more... nursing career. The hardest part of my job during my brief employment at YRMC, was tolerating administration's indifference to my concerns. – less
I love being a nurse.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Prescott, AZJuly 11, 2014
Pros: i was employed as a nurse.
Cons: short break, non-puportive environment
On a typical day I worked with women in labor or post delivery and their babies. I was able to use many of my experiences from my own life as well as education.
I learned that every new mother needs encouragement and positive feed back.
Management was easily bullied and through passive aggressive approach in leadership encouraged this among the other – more... nursing staff.
I enjoyed being part of a team during deliveries and emergent situations.
The hardest part of the job was the culture and traditions of that particular work place along with working nights.
I enjoyed one on one patient care. – less
good pay and benefits
evs aide (Former Employee), Prescott, AZMay 13, 2014
benefits and pay good but offset by substandard management making it difficult long term
Fun and crazy job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Prescott, AZApril 30, 2014
Lots of walking and/or running.
Job is different everyday
Lots of good employees
Case Management in a rural hospital
Utilization Review Nurse/Case Manager (Current Employee), Prescott, AZApril 16, 2014
Pros: worked well with coworkers
Cons: administration was not always supportive
Learned a lot from administration. This was a 44 bed hospital in a rural community. This non profit was very money oriented
Small hospital in a small community.
Senior Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee), Prescott, AZMarch 24, 2014
Pros: the staff was excellent. opportunity to educate.
Cons: difficult to be in multiple places at one time
I learned so much about taking care of a person at this hospital. Of course, I knew how to treat illness in school, but working in the CVICU at Yavapai Regional, the Nursing and surgical staff taught me the true meaning of comapassion and professionalism and to treat the whole person that is the patient. To this day I have never worked in such a total – more... healing enviornment. These are some of the most caring, compassionate, intelligent and humorus people I have ever had the privilege to call not only my co workers but also my friends. Typically, the day would start with receiving report at 0600 and I would spend my day in my assigned unit working with RN's aides and Physicians implementing care and creating care plans for the patients. I worked twelve hour shifts. In the event I had a lighter workload I would find the other RT's in the hospital and help them with anything to help them get caught up. I thoroughly enjoyed helping my co-workers, but my favorite part of my job at YRMC was educating patients, staff and students. The local college had a nursing program. On their lecture days, the nursing clinical educator asked me to help him teach respiratory care to the students. I found this to be the most rewarding part of my young career. Not only was I teaching but I was paving the way to help bridge the gap between Nursing and Respiratory Therapy for future nurses. The most difficult part of the job I had at YRMC was working the ER. Not because it was the ER but because working the ER also meant you worked in multiple areas when the ER wasn't busy. There were many days that I found myself wishing I could be in more than one place at one time. – less
Very poor management
IMAGING TECH (Former Employee), Prescott ValleyFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: friendly staff within department
Cons: poor management and no job security
The Management is horrible. Does not value employees, especially long term employees. I think this is a growing concern is this area because I have heard of terminations all over the county for long term employees. There definitely isn't job security in this area. Which leaves a great many people driving over an hour to find work.
Also, departments – more... are allowed to complain, or write up, other employees for petty gripes. Which creates a hostile work environment. They do not work as a team! – less
Loved working here
Pharmacy Technician III (Former Employee), Prescott, AZDecember 30, 2013
This hospital was so much different than the other one I worked at. Everyone was friendly and everyone was treated as an equal. No favortism.
It's hospital, it's hectic but intresting to say the least
Nutritional Aide I (Former Employee), Prescott, AZNovember 14, 2013
Pros: free food, great people, and great experience
Cons: sometimes with a high stress job people can get difficult to deal with.
A typical day at work wasn't all that typical, I was trained in 13 different positions so sometimes I'd be working two shifts at a time or I would have to switch shifts in the middle of another one.It was crazy, but I learned a lot from it like keeping my cool in high stress situations. I find that to be extremely valuable. I liked most of the management – more... and got along with most employees. There were a lot of personalities that were seemingly unique to the Medical Field so that helped when it came to customer service and getting used to dealing with some disgruntled customers and fellow co-workers so that too is invaluable. The hardest part of the job was the constant change in staff or shift. It made balancing work and general rough but like anything I had to overcome and adapt. The most enjoyable part of the job was how much I learned not only about my positions but how a hospital works. It's always nice getting to see the internal workings of a place of employment since you get used to it and know how to work with it. – less
great compnay to work for
Radiology Receptionist (Former Employee), Prescott, AZOctober 17, 2013
enjoyed going to work, learned about the xray department and how to follow that protocol. i enjoyed the people i worked with. management was good. it was hard pulling xray films all day but did a good job.
I learned the bulk of my medical terminology with this employer.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Prescott, AZAugust 23, 2013
Pros: benefits.
Cons: loss of ot at the end of my employment.
Eight hour days, five days a week was a typical day. I learned the bulk of my medical terminology with this employer. I believe management was fair, but overworked. My co-workers were awesome. When I started there in 2001, my skills were limited to orthopedics and psychology, and my co-workers helped turn me into the broad-based transcriptionist I am – more... today. The hardest part of my job was transcribing fasting talking dictators. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning about my profession in a deeper manner. – less
Respiratory therapists stay far away
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Respiratory therapy departmentAugust 8, 2013
Cons: terrible environment for an rt
If you value your degree, hard work and your career and have any sense of self worth you will not go to work here. Zero respect for the profession, disrespect by all nurses and doctors. Lousy pay and they hire all of the CRT's that no one else will. Some of the RT's who have been there for 25 years have no degree and don't know how to do an ABG right. – more... Great town, awful hospital. The CEO was once busted for picking up a 'ladie of the night' while in Tucson for a conference and he kept his job! – less
Fun, Productive workplace
Advanced Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Prescott, AZJuly 24, 2013
Pros: excellent place to work
Yavapai Regional Medical Center was an awesome place to grow and learn. Unfortunately life circumstances happened and I had to move.
Very Helpful and Happy for the work
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), Prescott, AZJuly 3, 2013
Working with the Ladies at YRMC has been a joy and an honor. They are all very hard working women and care about what they do.
Hours were alittle crazy at times
Histologist (Former Employee), Prescott, AZApril 15, 2013
Pros: sometimes we got free lunches from the doctors were worked for, for doing a good job and birthdays.
Cons: management and human resourses were no help at all.
Depended on what hours you worked on what jobs you did. Not all techs did a complete job just what they wanted to do Management was not very helpful in situations that needed attention.
Public Works Client
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Prescott Valley, AZMarch 27, 2013
Friendly relationship between the General Contractor, Consultant and Owner. Project was completed on time and to client satisfaction.
Marginal employer
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Prescott ArizonaFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: small town atmosphere
Cons: they are the only gig in town so they can treat you like dirt and you have no where else to go.
Work is work, I expect to work hard for a fair wage. However, the culture at YRMC is ridiculous. There is little if any room for advancement, they act like they care about their employees during orientation but its all smoke and mirrors.

My son ended up in the hospital and there was no compassion or understanding. It was "you can't be absent anymore – more... or we'll fire you." What can you do in a position like that? Quit and have no income or abandon your child? Neither option is acceptable and the administration has no respect for the hardships.

They treat experienced people like new grads and yet won't hire new grads. In my experience, not the the best way to establish employee loyalty.

They deliver reasonable care most of the time. – less
YRMC is a great rural hospital that practices like a larger facility
Sr. Employee Relations Coordinator (Current Employee), Prescott, AZFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: free coffee and tea
I love employee relations as each day is a new and different day. I have grown significantly at YRMC due to strong leadership and mentoring. My HR Team is a great group of professionals who work together well and have a wealth of knowledge!
I enjoyed my time there
Unit Secretary/NA/ Monitor Tech (Former Employee), Prescott, AZJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: cafeteria serves great food
However, I feel that I was placed between a rock and a hard place given the option to quit or be fired based on a situation that was out of my control. I was a good worker during my time there and felt I was treated unfairly or better yet an example was made out of my circumstance. Administration did nothing to aid the situation either.

About Yavapai Regional Medical Center

Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) is a locally owned, locally operated, not-for-profit hospital system that encompasses two – Read more

Yavapai Regional Medical Center Photos