YELLOW FREIGHT Employee Reviews

No productivity. No teamwork. Poor poor management
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 6, 2017
Nothing really good to say about this company since they bought Roadway and changed management. They took 15% from all the workers not management which totalled billions of $$$$ and havent paid down the 1.4 billion $ lian that they said they needed it for. When it was Yellow Freight it was THE COMPANY to work for. Stay away from yrc
Pros
Salary?
Cons
Management co workers constant givebacks
Great company to work for
billing clerk (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARFebruary 23, 2017
I liked working at Yellow Freight, I would go in at 11 pm and work until 3am terminal was located in the country and I worked alone doing billing and dispatching. I enjoyed the seclusion it was peaceful i learned alot from working with this company about truck loads and bill of ladings and weights of the trucks it was intresting
Pros
nice and quiet
Inside Sales
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2017
called perspective customers for soliciting transportation business.
Worked alone however was part of a team. I had my own area to call and it was hard at first then got sales got easier.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
grat job great atmosphere
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHFebruary 14, 2017
yard worker and dock worker,running a switch horse moving trailers from dock to yard and vise versa,pretrip inspections,moving freight with forklift as well as checking freight in and out
Pros
great job
Cons
unusual work hours
a good place to work
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 29, 2016
Great place to work,safety was very important to the company for their employees and clients. They have good equipment on the dock as well as the street and road.
Was one of the best companies I've worked for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 6, 2016
Yellow went out of there way to take care of there employees from compensation, to home time, benefits. Would have never left.
very demanding
Dock worker, Route driver, Jockey (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 1, 2016
Union work shop
constantly changing work schedules
On call even on your days off
Insurance package was great
Management was great to work with
Pros
pay and insurance, Management was great to work with
Cons
constantly changing work schedule whether working or not, Bid jobs, No room for advancement
Very fun place to work at
Freight biller (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 24, 2016
Management was great. Very fun to work with the people and the truck drivers.The hours were good and the management was very flexible and understanding if you had to go to an appointment or if you needed a day off.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Short breaks
A secure place to work when looking for longivity
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAFebruary 15, 2016
Depending upon your position, there are opportunities for advancement. For full time employees job security is assured and raises are yearly. Being a unionized company it has a good benefit package for its employees and retirement is from the union.
Pros
Teamsters Union
Cons
WOrking in the elements
Keep Looking
Management (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 5, 2015
The company is very political and lacks morals. They will chew you up and spit you out when they are done with you. Expect back stabbing and people to take credit for your work without giving you reconigition.
Fun and warm environment. Paid lunch breaks, adequate pay for job
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 10, 2015
A typical day would be clocking in and immediately pick up a pile of bills to be created (organized on table). Create bills of laden in system, printing them and give to the person who check them and did final submission to print out actual bill. Very well oiled machine so to speak, We all got along famously and management allowed us to order food in and eat as we worked as long as we still kept up productivity. The hardest part of my job was working until 2 in the morning and driving 2 hours to and from every day. My department was closed on Sundays and major holidays.So that was fantastic as I had a 3 year old and expecting my second child the last several months I worked . Everyone was supportive.
Pros
Non stressful atmosphere, and appreciation for job well done.
Cons
Except for late hours and long cummute, there was no cons
Trucking in my opinion
Over the road doubles driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILSeptember 23, 2015
It is a very hard on the road, sleeping in even worse hotels and driving trucks that were sub par. To top it off with terrible food.
Warehoouse associate and forklift operator
Forklift operator, Shipper, Receiver (Former Employee) –  Seekonk, MASeptember 12, 2015
Drove truck. Loading and unloading freight. Operating all warehouse power equipment. Very good and and it was a Union job with great pay. Left to open my own Warehouse.
difficult place to work micro management from the top down created hostile work environment
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 2, 2015
My job at yellow freight consisted of punching in. After which there was generally a shift meeting where overall shift objectives were gone over. At that point you received bills of lading for the trailer you were assigned, you took bills of lading matched them to the freight aboard the trailer than using hi-los pallet jacks and related equipment you moved the freight to the trailer it was leaving on. Continue till the buzzer rings go home
Pros
medical dental good wage
Cons
terrible working conditions, hi stress, bad neighborhood, air
4 stars down
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 17, 2015
Great benefits. Management is all over the place and mad at the world . This job is not a career opportunity. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Union
high paced good pay
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  East Petersburg, PAAugust 6, 2015
daily loading and unloading of various types of freight including hazardous materials. Good pay high paced environment.
good company
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2015
made good money but hours got cut way back and they moved for a trucking company too bad they had to move.
I wish I could have stayed longer
Pros
good money
Cons
hours cut
awasome
Casual Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 15, 2015
love this job things are never the same... great pay... flexible hours good management team great pay..... benefits where great
Pros
great pay
Cons
laid off
Mail Opener
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 2, 2015
At this job I gain skills to be more careful and detail oriented because my job was to open mail at hospital where I would have to separate bills according to the different departments in accounting. For example, I would open mail every day separate the bills, organize checks, put them in the right envelop and go drop it off. I worked with the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and the Payroll department.
Good pace to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 5, 2015
The only negative was not knowing your hours and you were at the mercy of the management in this regard.But you knew that going in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YELLOW FREIGHT. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2