Yellow Pages Group

Yellow Pages Group Employee Reviews

Contractor
Temp assignment (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MODecember 15, 2015
great company with room to grow. I love working with the company. I would recommend more people to apply. Great company to further advance
Cushy job but not worth it
Bilingual routing specialist (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PADecember 2, 2015
This job was not bad but not great. The pay was wonderful but the job itself was boring. I sat in front of dual computer screens for 8 hours a day 5 days a week reviewing print ads in English and/or French. It got boring fast. There also didn't seem like much room for advancement.
Pros
Good coworkers, good pay, not too stressful
Cons
Short lunch, very rigid schedule, repetitive tasks
Flexible and great work/life balance
Graphics Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 13, 2015
Managed workflow process and day-to-day employee engagement and training. The environment was enjoyable, but some departments were not as connected as they could be due to the natural disconnect between locations. I learned a lot about how to apply Six Sigma processes in an office environment.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
growth, stability
Great Place to Work
Senior Advertising Consultant (Current Employee) –  St.louis, MOSeptember 22, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
Great benifets
Sterile work environment with little advancement opportunity
Listing Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PASeptember 21, 2015
My department was in charge of setting up basic phone book entries with little to no advertisement attached. I sat in a cubicle with a stack of paper and typed the same information over and over. Talking was discouraged on the floor and employees were encouraged to wear headphones to listen to music. While I enjoyed being able to listen to my own music choices, I grew bored of the monotony day after day.
The on location management did try to make things more lively. We had holiday parties when able and individual department managers brought in breakfast or dinner items if overtime was mandatory.
Pros
Designated 15 minute breaks everyday
Cons
Discouraged employee discussion
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 21, 2015
A typical day of work consisted on making calls to handle advertising campaigns for small and medium size businesses. I learned a lot about developing interpersonal relationships with clients while providing excellent consultation. On average, we would be required to handle a certain objective for each month. The hardest part of the job is the ability to overcome objections and the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I helped a business continue to grow.
This company really embodies a great work and personal life balance.
Account Representative-Telephone (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 20, 2015
This company really embodies a great work and personal life balance. Also, this job really honed my skills on return on investment based selling.
Fun Fun Fun
Loader/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 13, 2015
Working with our carriers, making calls, inventory, and filing. I enjoyed this job for the most part, what got to me was the heat since this is a temporary summer job and it gets pretty hot. My boss albeit weird was a blast to work for.
Great work life balance
Operations Manager - National Digital Operations (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 12, 2015
My experience in working at YP was very pleasant. Projects were regularly popping up which created opportunities for growth and new work experience. I was never held to one specific duty which eliminated the day to day monotony that is often found in a corporate environment.
Pros
community breakroom that is both tranquil and stimulating, depending upon which area you are visiting
Cons
east coast hours
Fun Workplace environment with Ping Pong Table
Digital Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2015
The environment is pretty fun unless people are not hitting goals. It is a typical call center sales job. The only time that you are allowed to talk to your coworkers is on a break.
Pros
Work Schedule is Mon - Fri 8am-4:30pm
Cons
No room for advancement.
Media Consultant; phone sales, managed accounts and new business
MEDIA SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 21, 2015
stationary at your desk and on the phones. Managed a portfolio of accounts to retain customers or up sell. New business aquisition
Pros
flexible time
Cons
micro managed on a daily basis
Days can be challenging and rewarding
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 16, 2015
After 27 year of working for myself, YP has given me a terrific transition into corporate life. My team is filled with super stars which we all greatly benefit from that environment. The perception of the book is the most challenging part of the business. Many people don't understand how the company has become a digital powerhouse. I mostly certainly feel my most satisfied when I call one of my new account holders and there company is over perform their expectations.
Pros
uncapped earning potential
Cons
no flexibility with schedule
Productive and fun work enviroment with ping pong table
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  birmingham AlMarch 11, 2015
a typical day of work would be cold calling customer to be pentential advertisers for yp i learn how to sales and sales points i enjoy my fellow co workers and the hardest part of the job was to over come objections
Prepare for stress
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHFebruary 24, 2015
Job was not what I was told it would be. Had to make cold calls to set appointments, rather than being in field. Had a $1,500/month goal for new money advertising sales. If quota not met, put on a three step improvement plan. Lots of stress, and when your pay is affected by customers who may or may not pay their bills (even though we were told "no charge backs), it is very frustrating. Good people to work with though, I think that we share a foxhole mentality, where we were all just looking to survive
Pros
set own schedule, meeting and helping small business owners
Cons
micro management, upper management not engaged
Yellow Book USA
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Yellow Book USA was a great company to work for. The skills you learn about face to face selling are great in current and future endeavors. A typical sales rep will call on 50-100 clients per day and visit 5-10 cleints per day as well. Yellow Book USA is a very fast paced enviroment and teaches you to use time management and organizational skills to the best of your abilities.
Company outsourced publishing & advertising overseas.
General Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 31, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this company was working with the most hard working people ever. Management outsourced publishing and advertising overseas.
Productive work place
E-Proofer (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJanuary 20, 2015
Provided Customer Service
Edited customer ads at their request
Provided input on graphic design ideas
Co-workers and management were great.
Many company events
loved helping customer
had to multi task
Pros
full benfits after 60 days
Cons
closed down
Good work environment, poor compensation
Web Quality Assurance Specialist (Editing) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 4, 2014
It's a good starting job, but nowhere to go long-term. Most people in office are friendly, and the managers are personable and good at their jobs.
Challenging
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHNovember 19, 2014
Worked on the New Media Team. Everything is great if you like to cold call, and prospect. Monthly quotas can be hard to hit
Pros
set own schedule
Cons
micromanaged
Great place to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2014
Great environment and great people. Overall a magnificent company to work for.