Yellow Pages Group Employee Reviews in United States

Cushy job but not worth it
Bilingual routing specialist (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PADecember 2, 2015
This job was not bad but not great. The pay was wonderful but the job itself was boring. I sat in front of dual computer screens for 8 hours a day 5 days a week reviewing print ads in English and/or French. It got boring fast. There also didn't seem like much room for advancement.
Pros
Good coworkers, good pay, not too stressful
Cons
Short lunch, very rigid schedule, repetitive tasks
Excellent place to work
Accounting Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 12, 2016
Productive and fun place to work- constantly having to meet deadlines - excellent co-workers - enjoyed my position - hardest part of my job was getting up everyday to get to work once I got there had fun and kept the office alive while working and making sure each day daily deadlines were get and correctly to our team ability.
Sterile work environment with little advancement opportunity
Listing Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PASeptember 21, 2015
My department was in charge of setting up basic phone book entries with little to no advertisement attached. I sat in a cubicle with a stack of paper and typed the same information over and over. Talking was discouraged on the floor and employees were encouraged to wear headphones to listen to music. While I enjoyed being able to listen to my own music choices, I grew bored of the monotony day after day.
The on location management did try to make things more lively. We had holiday parties when able and individual department managers brought in breakfast or dinner items if overtime was mandatory.
Pros
Designated 15 minute breaks everyday
Cons
Discouraged employee discussion
The People
Digital Designer (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 16, 2016
The other contractors and employees were great to work with. The manager treated employees fairly. It is full-time and I don't have to deal with traffic because it is 10 am - 7 pm.
Pros
Great location and gym with showers
Cons
Many of the positions will eventually go to India
Fun place to work and good schedule
Advrtising Sales (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2016
I loved the schedule and my coworkers. The management and product was horrible. The work environment minus the managers was terrific. The only con is that no matter how much you sell you will have zero job security.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Managment
Job Security= NONE
Video Admin/Account Management (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 14, 2016
This company will not be around for another 10 years. This is a very shady company that does not care about its employees. If have other opportunities take them and run far away from YP!!!
Pros
Very good company to work for.
Data Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJune 25, 2016
A very good company to work for.
YPG takes care of their employees..
Enjoy working here.
Management cares about the employees.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
None at this time
Fast paced environment; great team members
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 18, 2013
I enjoy working with my team members on a daily basis on project management and error resolution. We collaborate with our internal and external customers to ensure customer satisfaction.

My immediate management team is supportive and accommodating when needed. I would like to see more work/life balance and telecommuting opportunities for all employees in the United States. The company does offer a competitive benefits plan, and bonus opportunities.

My immediate concern is the lack of growth opportunities.
Contractor
Temp assignment (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MODecember 15, 2015
great company with room to grow. I love working with the company. I would recommend more people to apply. Great company to further advance
High Pressure unprofessional Roswell,Ga
advertisng media consultant (Former Employee) –  Roswell,GaAugust 22, 2013
They don't tell you about charge backs your managers will embarrass you in front of your co-workers mine did. They want to write up when your numbers are down and demoralize you instead of working with you to help you. You have to join a union and pay dues every month and they don't do anything for you and the medical benefits are awful. $2500 deducitible for you and your spouse. That is like having no insurance and you have to wait six months before you are eligble
Pros
co workers
Cons
management.
Relaxed, fun work environment
Senior Specialist-Business Services (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2014
The good: The work environment at YPG was great. The setting was very relaxed and casual, with the majority of employees being friendly and helpful.

The bad: My department, along with others, was eliminated due to a restructuring of the company. We were previously assured that we would have positions, and within a month an announcement was made that we would in fact not have positions. We were given false hope that "new projects" or opportunities would become available. They were not.
Pros
great health benefits, relaxed work environment.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 21, 2015
A typical day of work consisted on making calls to handle advertising campaigns for small and medium size businesses. I learned a lot about developing interpersonal relationships with clients while providing excellent consultation. On average, we would be required to handle a certain objective for each month. The hardest part of the job is the ability to overcome objections and the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I helped a business continue to grow.
Flexible and great work/life balance
Graphics Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 13, 2015
Managed workflow process and day-to-day employee engagement and training. The environment was enjoyable, but some departments were not as connected as they could be due to the natural disconnect between locations. I learned a lot about how to apply Six Sigma processes in an office environment.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
growth, stability
Great Place to Work
Senior Advertising Consultant (Current Employee) –  St.louis, MOSeptember 22, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
Great benifets
This is a good, just out of college job.
Web Builder (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2013
A typical day is grabbing the next available web site that needs to be built, gathering all the information that needs to be present on the site. Designing graphics that work with what the client has provided or finding images that will work with the type of business the client owns and putting all of the pieces together in the template based builder.

I have learned a lot about Photoshop. Much of what I learned at school was focused on print so I was dealing with InDesign and Illustrator. Working with a digital medium has allowed me to explore photoshop in greater detail

Management is wonderful and always there to help when needed and give praise when it is earned.

The hardest part of the job is finding inspiration. Working in a template based builder it is easy to feel like you are constantly building the same site over and over. Breaking away from what you know works and experimenting while still trying to meet the deadlines is probably the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part is learning something new from other builders. Having over thirty builders in the same room offers a lot of opportunity to learn new tricks from other people.
Pros
the management, the social aspect of a large production office.
Cons
tediousness of building the same thing day in and day out, the pay rate.
Fun Workplace environment with Ping Pong Table
Digital Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2015
The environment is pretty fun unless people are not hitting goals. It is a typical call center sales job. The only time that you are allowed to talk to your coworkers is on a break.
Pros
Work Schedule is Mon - Fri 8am-4:30pm
Cons
No room for advancement.
Great work life balance
Operations Manager - National Digital Operations (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 12, 2015
My experience in working at YP was very pleasant. Projects were regularly popping up which created opportunities for growth and new work experience. I was never held to one specific duty which eliminated the day to day monotony that is often found in a corporate environment.
Pros
community breakroom that is both tranquil and stimulating, depending upon which area you are visiting
Cons
east coast hours
Challenging workplace with great coworkers
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMarch 17, 2014
The overall "feel" of the job was do less with more in a challenging environment. My co-workers were the best part of the job, always willing to help and teach when needed, and they were all very supportive.
Pros
co-workers, compensation, flexibility
Cons
stressful do less with more
This company really embodies a great work and personal life balance.
Account Representative-Telephone (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 20, 2015
This company really embodies a great work and personal life balance. Also, this job really honed my skills on return on investment based selling.
Prepare for stress
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHFebruary 24, 2015
Job was not what I was told it would be. Had to make cold calls to set appointments, rather than being in field. Had a $1,500/month goal for new money advertising sales. If quota not met, put on a three step improvement plan. Lots of stress, and when your pay is affected by customers who may or may not pay their bills (even though we were told "no charge backs), it is very frustrating. Good people to work with though, I think that we share a foxhole mentality, where we were all just looking to survive
Pros
set own schedule, meeting and helping small business owners
Cons
micro management, upper management not engaged