Yellow Pages Group

Yellow Pages Group Employee Reviews

Media Consultant; phone sales, managed accounts and new business
MEDIA SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: flexible time
Cons: micro managed on a daily basis
stationary at your desk and on the phones. Managed a portfolio of accounts to retain customers or up sell. New business aquisition
Days can be challenging and rewarding
Account Executive (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 16, 2015
Pros: uncapped earning potential
Cons: no flexibility with schedule
After 27 year of working for myself, YP has given me a terrific transition into corporate life. My team is filled with super stars which we all greatly benefit from that environment. The perception of the book is the most challenging part of the business. Many people don't understand how the company has become a digital powerhouse. I mostly certainly feel my most satisfied when I call one of my new account holders and there company is over perform their expectations.
Productive and fun work enviroment with ping pong table
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), birmingham AlMarch 11, 2015
a typical day of work would be cold calling customer to be pentential advertisers for yp i learn how to sales and sales points i enjoy my fellow co workers and the hardest part of the job was to over come objections
Prepare for stress
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Westerville, OHFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: set own schedule, meeting and helping small business owners
Cons: micro management, upper management not engaged
Job was not what I was told it would be. Had to make cold calls to set appointments, rather than being in field. Had a $1,500/month goal for new money advertising sales. If quota not met, put on a three step improvement plan. Lots of stress, and when your pay is affected by customers who may or may not pay their bills (even though we were told "no charge backs), it is very frustrating. Good people to work with though, I think that we share a foxhole mentality, where we were all just looking to survive
Yellow Book USA
Media Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Yellow Book USA was a great company to work for. The skills you learn about face to face selling are great in current and future endeavors. A typical sales rep will call on 50-100 clients per day and visit 5-10 cleints per day as well. Yellow Book USA is a very fast paced enviroment and teaches you to use time management and organizational skills to the best of your abilities.
Company outsourced publishing & advertising overseas.
General Office Clerk (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJanuary 31, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this company was working with the most hard working people ever. Management outsourced publishing and advertising overseas.
Productive work place
E-Proofer (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: full benfits after 60 days
Cons: closed down
Provided Customer Service
Edited customer ads at their request
Provided input on graphic design ideas
Co-workers and management were great.
Many company events
loved helping customer
had to multi task
Good work environment, poor compensation
Web Quality Assurance Specialist (Editing) (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 4, 2014
It's a good starting job, but nowhere to go long-term. Most people in office are friendly, and the managers are personable and good at their jobs.
Challenging
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Westerville, OHNovember 19, 2014
Pros: set own schedule
Cons: micromanaged
Worked on the New Media Team. Everything is great if you like to cold call, and prospect. Monthly quotas can be hard to hit
Great place to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2014
Great environment and great people. Overall a magnificent company to work for.
Productive and fun place to work
Search Engine Marketing Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee), Tucker, GAJuly 19, 2014
The mangers try to do a good job of keeping everyone engaged.
Great
Service Manager (Former Employee), Tucker, GAMay 16, 2014
*Taking on cases from YP Sales Reps that handle the advertiser
directly.
*Sending off cases that were beyond my training to the proper
departments for completion .
*Following up with the other departments every 48hrs requesting
a status update on that case.
Lots of meetings; very low productivity
Senior Director - Architecture (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PA & Montreal, QC, CanadaApril 28, 2014
Many individual silo's within the business; Executive team had different agendas; and were not engaged in solving real business problems.
Phone Book Delivery
Product Development Corp (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INMarch 25, 2014
Typical day at work would be loading my car with phone books and head to my destination. Duties would be walking door to door dropping off phone books.
Challenging workplace with great coworkers
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: co-workers, compensation, flexibility
Cons: stressful do less with more
The overall "feel" of the job was do less with more in a challenging environment. My co-workers were the best part of the job, always willing to help and teach when needed, and they were all very supportive.
hard work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Glendale, CAFebruary 17, 2014
hard work great co workers, every single day, this is the place to be if you like to stay busy
Relaxed, fun work environment
Senior Specialist-Business Services (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: great health benefits, relaxed work environment.
The good: The work environment at YPG was great. The setting was very relaxed and casual, with the majority of employees being friendly and helpful.

The bad: My department, along with others, was eliminated due to a restructuring of the company. We were previously assured that we would have positions, and within a month an announcement was made that we would in fact not have positions. We were given false hope that "new projects" or opportunities would become available. They were not.
Fine for entry level, can't do anything else with it.
Ad Production (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 30, 2013
Pros: casual dress code
Cons: low pay, poor leadership, not a "creative" environment
Typical day is get to your cube, clock-in, produce-produce-produce, clock-out. Generally the co-workers are pleasant. With a few exceptions, leadership (team seniors on up) is fairly unreliable. The hardest part is trying to produce the amount of ads at the expected quality. The amount seems to be the most important. This is just one of those places where you get in and get out. No room for a career here.
Engaging and Productive
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 23, 2013
Pros: holidays off, and predictable work schedual
Cons: cubicle environment
Working for Yellow Pages Group has been an eye-opening opportunity. This was one of my first jobs in the design community and I am grateful for all the experience and skills that I have acquired with-in these past three years. Yellow Pages Group is a productive and engaging environment run and organized my hardworking and driven people. They have been helpful and encouraging and working for them has benefited me as a designer.
Productive work environment
Distributor, Driver Helper (Former Employee), Allentown, PANovember 12, 2013
Pros: free transportation
Cons: lots of lifting and walking
I enjoyed working here its a great company which involves consumer services , time management and channeled my intra personal skills. i learned how to work in a fast paced environment whilst working with a deadline. management were kind to the workers

About Yellow Pages Group

Yellow Pages Group is a leading digital company in Canada. The Company serves over 300,000 local businesses through its nationwide – Read more

Yellow Pages Group Salaries