Yellow Pages Employee Reviews

Cold
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIMay 24, 2017
Always cold no matter what unless it's the summer but we never got help we had to do all the work and it was just me and 2 other people getting yelled at sometime they'll lied so they don't have to pay us full 350
Pros
Made 350 i a week
Cons
Too cold and how people talk to us and not fully paying us
Probably going out of business. Pay and management substandard.
Copywriting specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2017
I believe this office will close soon. The culture is abysmal; everyone is trying to get out. Management is dreadfully incompetent, and basic office tenets are not followed. Avoid this company.
Short but sweet
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAApril 26, 2017
I guess I got hired when the place was going through lay offs. I worked here for 8 months and during that 8 it was good. I wish I weren't laid off but they set the standard for how companies should be regarding workplace culture, and management. I don't think I'll ever experience anything like working at YPG ever again and thats really unfortunate. They moved all their services for my branch back to Canada.
Pros
Workplace Culture, Experience
Cons
Short term
The job and the people were actually pretty great. However, there was zero opportunity for advancement and compensation was extremely low.
Writer and Editor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2017
Yellow Pages was a perfectly fine place to work. The job itself was low-stress and you could "leave your work at work" without worrying about it once you clocked-out. While it was not easy work, it wasn't something you had to take home with you and the flexible hours were nice. However, compensation was extremely low due to a constant state of "transformation" that appears destined to never come to fruition. During the process of going from a paper company to a digital-based company, Yellow Pages is struggling to generate anything close to a profit and the first thing to take a hit was wages and bonuses, followed by job cuts.
Pros
Flexible hours, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
low wages, no motivation to excel because of a lack of reward of advancement
great workplace environment
Business Project Manager (Former Employee) –  909 Chestnut St Louis MoMarch 6, 2017
most enjoyable of the job responsibilities is the multiple responsibility from finance, vendor mgmt, softw mgmt, Jira sys admin.
able to work remotely was a huge experience
Pros
ping pong table available
Cons
seniority means nothing
Love My Career
Executive Telephone Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 28, 2017
I am currently working for YP & this is the best job God has blessed me with. No nights & weekends. Very Family oriented . Contest are always going on. Couldn't have asked to work for a better company.
Awesome
Business Acqusition (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 18, 2017
We had a lot of fun here, very self motivating and goal oriented! I learned a whole lot. I really don't have much to say as far as the con's, except the commute was to far. Other than the travel, I loved this job!
Pros
Fun, exciting, self motivating
Cons
commute
Great Salary & Commission/High Turn Over Rate
Digital Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 3, 2017
-Work Hours Are Usually Monday thru Friday 7am -6pm
-Only 3 to 5 Months To Ramp Up To Achieve Sales Goal
-Training Was More Of A Lecture
-Management Does Not Assist Much In Helping Close Sales
-Hardest Part of Job Is Hitting High Sales Quota
-Great Salary
-Great Commission (If You Can Hit The Number But Most Don't)
Pros
Paid Mileage
Cons
No Real Help Being Successful...High Turnover