Yellow Pages Employee Reviews

Worst Place Ever To Work
SMB Google Authorized Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2017
unorganized, unprofessional, are not honest with prospects or customers. Management did not know what they were doing. I did not have working equipment for over 7 months. They are very racist.
Work life balance
Director of Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 6, 2017
Overall my 8 years experience has been was positive overall, abundance intelligent people to work with, fun everyone, team and event, management support. The environment is busy but we make time to take breather go for a walk play soccer.
Pros
Worklife balance
Cons
no stock option
Independent
Phone Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 20, 2017
This job requires person have the ability to adapt to change. Motivated to work hard because of well compensated. Job offers new experiences all the time.
Very aggressive phone sales-High employee turnover
Outbound Telephone Sales (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOSeptember 13, 2017
Required to make over a hundred calls a day. We needed to stay on the phone with a potential customer until he either hung up or gave his credit card.

Old leads were given to us as new leads. The leads were businesses that were already called 5 or 6 times before and they already indicated they were not interested.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Company bought out by Dex Media
We were acquired for a reason
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GASeptember 8, 2017
The lower level managers were cool, but there was large disconnect between senior management, directors, and our product team. Lack of cross-training & career advancement opportunities. Lack of commitment to products & customers.
Pros
Pto, 401k Match, Hsa, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Lack of direction, lack of investment in employees, lack of commitment to new products/trials. $ wasted.
Downsizing company
Premise Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHSeptember 7, 2017
In today's culture the yellow pages is a thing of the past, which made my decision to move on bittersweet. I loved working there for many years however, the phone books became outdated.
liaison to sales managers in the field
National Sales Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 23, 2017
handled all day to day issues of field managers. I learned to work directly with Senior Management. Management was skilled and hard workers. Devoted entirely to needs of the field managers assigned.
Nice
Logistics Manager (Indep. Contractor) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2017
Helpful executives that allow you work on your competitiveness and expand your team. offering you enough work to become as productive as possible. You'll get as much as you put in.
I'm going to miss it here
SEM Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAAugust 1, 2017
I've had an amazing time at YP. They were recently purchased by Dex Media and are going through a massive transition--so time will tell if the changes coming are positive. However, the time that I've been at YP has been some of my happiest professional experience.

They created a comfortable, stimulating, and entertaining workplace. My tenure there has been a bright spot in my career.
Good work life balance
Sr. Technology Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 1, 2017
YP has a good work life balance. The teams gives you lots of flexibility. There is no micro-management here. However, there is not a whole lot of career growth here. You will be stuck on the same job unless you would know someone.
Best place I've ever worked!
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 24, 2017
I was lucky enough to work here a few years ago and loved every minute. I got challenging work, felt accomplished and motivated, and the people are friendly and supportive.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Nothing!
Numbers oriented
Production Manager - NTD (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 17, 2017
Sales organization. Numbers focused. Anything it takes to meet the goals. Difficult at times to find the balance between maintaining standards and meeting such goals
Commissions
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2017
The pay structure is great with good commission. That being said when you lose an account because of an ROI return to the client, the commission will be deducted on future checks. Now they are only letting you keep your accounts for 13 months prior to giving them to a senior account manager. So prepared to always be selling.
Pros
Great Commission
Cons
Commissions being deducted
Yellow Pages
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 28, 2017
good company to work for I enjoyed the independence of meeting the customers and seeing them smile. If you treat people the way you would want them to treat you, everything will be ok
Cold
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIMay 24, 2017
Always cold no matter what unless it's the summer but we never got help we had to do all the work and it was just me and 2 other people getting yelled at sometime they'll lied so they don't have to pay us full 350
Pros
Made 350 i a week
Cons
Too cold and how people talk to us and not fully paying us
Probably going out of business. Pay and management substandard.
Copywriting specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2017
I believe this office will close soon. The culture is abysmal; everyone is trying to get out. Management is dreadfully incompetent, and basic office tenets are not followed. Avoid this company.
fun place to work
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 28, 2017
great company to work for with awesome benefits. great people and lots of company sponsored events . They really take good care of you there. Always hiring.
Short but sweet
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAApril 26, 2017
I guess I got hired when the place was going through lay offs. I worked here for 8 months and during that 8 it was good. I wish I weren't laid off but they set the standard for how companies should be regarding workplace culture, and management. I don't think I'll ever experience anything like working at YPG ever again and thats really unfortunate. They moved all their services for my branch back to Canada.
Pros
Workplace Culture, Experience
Cons
Short term
The job and the people were actually pretty great. However, there was zero opportunity for advancement and compensation was extremely low.
Writer and Editor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2017
Yellow Pages was a perfectly fine place to work. The job itself was low-stress and you could "leave your work at work" without worrying about it once you clocked-out. While it was not easy work, it wasn't something you had to take home with you and the flexible hours were nice. However, compensation was extremely low due to a constant state of "transformation" that appears destined to never come to fruition. During the process of going from a paper company to a digital-based company, Yellow Pages is struggling to generate anything close to a profit and the first thing to take a hit was wages and bonuses, followed by job cuts.
Pros
Flexible hours, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
low wages, no motivation to excel because of a lack of reward of advancement
great workplace environment
Business Project Manager (Former Employee) –  909 Chestnut St Louis MoMarch 6, 2017
most enjoyable of the job responsibilities is the multiple responsibility from finance, vendor mgmt, softw mgmt, Jira sys admin.
able to work remotely was a huge experience
Pros
ping pong table available
Cons
seniority means nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yellow Pages. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9