Yellow Pages Employee Reviews

it was a generally good place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 20, 2016
Not a bad place to work overall. Friendly co-workers. Decent management. Went out of business. Found what I thought was a better opportunity.
A good company, with inconsistency between corporate goals and management tactic/strategy.
Direct Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2016
Extremely knowledgeable co-workers, sometimes limited by outdated products and services. Very dis-concerning when customer expectations were greatly different than products/services ordered.
Great company to work for.
Computer Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAAugust 1, 2016
The culture of the company was okay. The people were great and most looked forward to working everyday. The projects and daily operations were challenging enough that there was never a dull moment in a day.
Great co workers, good environment
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 8, 2016
Too many constant changes within the company, no growth opportunity.
Lots of free food at the office
Ping Pong Tables and Video Games
Good weekly activites
Free Shuttle for employees
Very good company to work for.
Data Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJune 25, 2016
A very good company to work for.
YPG takes care of their employees..
Enjoy working here.
Management cares about the employees.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
None at this time
Fun place to work and good schedule
Advrtising Sales (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2016
I loved the schedule and my coworkers. The management and product was horrible. The work environment minus the managers was terrific. The only con is that no matter how much you sell you will have zero job security.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Managment
The People
Digital Designer (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 16, 2016
The other contractors and employees were great to work with. The manager treated employees fairly. It is full-time and I don't have to deal with traffic because it is 10 am - 7 pm.
Pros
Great location and gym with showers
Cons
Many of the positions will eventually go to India
Job Security= NONE
Video Admin/Account Management (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 14, 2016
This company will not be around for another 10 years. This is a very shady company that does not care about its employees. If have other opportunities take them and run far away from YP!!!
Excellent place to work
Accounting Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 12, 2016
Productive and fun place to work- constantly having to meet deadlines - excellent co-workers - enjoyed my position - hardest part of my job was getting up everyday to get to work once I got there had fun and kept the office alive while working and making sure each day daily deadlines were get and correctly to our team ability.
Contractor
Temp assignment (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MODecember 15, 2015
great company with room to grow. I love working with the company. I would recommend more people to apply. Great company to further advance
Cushy job but not worth it
Bilingual routing specialist (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PADecember 2, 2015
This job was not bad but not great. The pay was wonderful but the job itself was boring. I sat in front of dual computer screens for 8 hours a day 5 days a week reviewing print ads in English and/or French. It got boring fast. There also didn't seem like much room for advancement.
Pros
Good coworkers, good pay, not too stressful
Cons
Short lunch, very rigid schedule, repetitive tasks
Flexible and great work/life balance
Graphics Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 13, 2015
Managed workflow process and day-to-day employee engagement and training. The environment was enjoyable, but some departments were not as connected as they could be due to the natural disconnect between locations. I learned a lot about how to apply Six Sigma processes in an office environment.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
growth, stability
Great Place to Work
Senior Advertising Consultant (Current Employee) –  St.louis, MOSeptember 22, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
Great benifets
Sterile work environment with little advancement opportunity
Listing Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PASeptember 21, 2015
My department was in charge of setting up basic phone book entries with little to no advertisement attached. I sat in a cubicle with a stack of paper and typed the same information over and over. Talking was discouraged on the floor and employees were encouraged to wear headphones to listen to music. While I enjoyed being able to listen to my own music choices, I grew bored of the monotony day after day.
The on location management did try to make things more lively. We had holiday parties when able and individual department managers brought in breakfast or dinner items if overtime was mandatory.
Pros
Designated 15 minute breaks everyday
Cons
Discouraged employee discussion
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 21, 2015
A typical day of work consisted on making calls to handle advertising campaigns for small and medium size businesses. I learned a lot about developing interpersonal relationships with clients while providing excellent consultation. On average, we would be required to handle a certain objective for each month. The hardest part of the job is the ability to overcome objections and the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I helped a business continue to grow.
This company really embodies a great work and personal life balance.
Account Representative-Telephone (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 20, 2015
This company really embodies a great work and personal life balance. Also, this job really honed my skills on return on investment based selling.
Fun Fun Fun
Loader/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 13, 2015
Working with our carriers, making calls, inventory, and filing. I enjoyed this job for the most part, what got to me was the heat since this is a temporary summer job and it gets pretty hot. My boss albeit weird was a blast to work for.
Great work life balance
Operations Manager - National Digital Operations (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 12, 2015
My experience in working at YP was very pleasant. Projects were regularly popping up which created opportunities for growth and new work experience. I was never held to one specific duty which eliminated the day to day monotony that is often found in a corporate environment.
Pros
community breakroom that is both tranquil and stimulating, depending upon which area you are visiting
Cons
east coast hours
Fun Workplace environment with Ping Pong Table
Digital Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2015
The environment is pretty fun unless people are not hitting goals. It is a typical call center sales job. The only time that you are allowed to talk to your coworkers is on a break.
Pros
Work Schedule is Mon - Fri 8am-4:30pm
Cons
No room for advancement.
Media Consultant; phone sales, managed accounts and new business
MEDIA SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 21, 2015
stationary at your desk and on the phones. Managed a portfolio of accounts to retain customers or up sell. New business aquisition
Pros
flexible time
Cons
micro managed on a daily basis

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yellow Pages. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8