Yellow Pages Employee Reviews

Little Value in Employees
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 24, 2016
Doesn't value employees. Doesn't care about work/life balance. Unethical management. Favouritism. Only cares about acquiring clients, not about maintaining client relationships.
Mac
Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2016
great company, great compensation, great motivation but need to work on lead generation techniques and management needs to be trained a little more. work.life balance is great
Pros
compensation, work culture
Cons
gossip
Lots of Challenges and tons of learning
Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2016
This is a company still I transition so the demands are significant. Lots of challenges in product and systems but tons of learning opportunities as well.
Terrible management
MULTIMEDIA CONTENT AGENT (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONSeptember 14, 2016
no job security a corporation that does not care about employees no feedback from management and no coordination between offices terrible communication and compensation was lackluster pros: great benefits Cons: management poor communication very unprofessional
benefits
Cons
management
fun easy job to do
Leaflet Distributor (Current Employee) –  HillingdonSeptember 14, 2016
if you have spare time in the evening or like waking up early and have nothing to it is easy job to do and give you a basic amount of money at the end of September. it is a yearly job and you are 100% sure you are able to get the same area to deliver to each time.
Pros
able to do it in your own time in septemeber, no strict timings.
Cons
long hours, a lot of walking
Very Good Enviroment to work for
2015-2016: Buisness Validations (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBAugust 31, 2016
Working for yellow pages was the best experience i have ever had in my life NO The best company ever to work for it was a relaxing job.

Management was excellent always around when you needed them , the co-workers were always working with a smile on their face.

it was not a hard job to do cause all i needed to do was to pay attention at the trainning.:-)).

and every once in a while we had enjoyable days with games ect.plus all the benifits was awesome. i dont need to say more about yellow pages they were the best . is too bad they closed in saint-john nb.
No Job Security
Sales Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 22, 2016
I worked there for three years. I quickly learned there was no job security as people would be laid off/surplussed yearly from multiple departments. I would not recommend this employer.
Pros
People are great to work with
Cons
Productive, interesting and fun.
Specialist Business & Listing Services (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 29, 2016
I loved working for the company. Great people to work with. I learned so much over the years, i.e. advertising, customer service, different systems, etc. Unfortunately, I had to resign from the company as we moved to another province.
Customer Experience Manager (Retention) (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 25, 2016
I have no reason to state anything in this field. So here is your 20 word minimum so I can move on. I hope you are happy with this.
Horrible Leadership at Director Level
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 13, 2016
Horrible sales director with a self serving attitude she either likes you or your out. sales and results don't matter as the company would rather have you play dress up or dance like an idiot then make money. RELENTLESS amounts of cold calling to the same client some times multiple times a day. Do your self a favor and skip this place
Pros
clueless managers able to come and go
Cons
overbearing director very self serving

Want to know more about Yellow Pages?

Ask a question
Good Pay; extremly toxic work place
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 6, 2016
The politics in this place is outrageous.
Management does not listen and HR is virtually useless
Management does not have accountability
Disadvantaged if working in the Toronto office, Montreal employees have better employment opportunites
No job security; you can be laid off for unjust reasons
Most employees who had been in the company (10yrs
+) for a while are very egotistical
Not a team enviroment, it's who-can-be-blamed-for-failures -environment.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Everything else
Work Hard, Play Hard
Acquisition Prospect Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2016
I mean that, best work parties I've ever attended is here in this company. The benefits are incredible and you're unionized as well but probation is 1 long year. Would love to work at this company again if given the chance. Commissions are best I've ever seen as well.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
High turn over rate
Great place to work.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJune 21, 2016
Great place to work, competitive compensation, good benefits, excellent management, opportunities to grow within the company.
Pros
Cons
Non
yellow pages
Certified Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 15, 2016
there isn't much of a work/life balance, but you will get paid extremely well. About 25% of sales representatives exceed their sales goals and they will make over $100K a year. You will receive a lot of training (expect to take 2-3 days off for training every month) as well as completing online courses in your free time and this can be very difficult to manage when you have a full 7 day a week work schedule.
A Career making Employer
Relationship Manager - Customer Management Centre (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VICJune 2, 2016
Sensis has one of the best cultures in Australia to develop your advertising career. Products are easy to use and ubiquitous for Users and Advertisers alike
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Print directory popularity waning
A place you could retire from
Client Relations Representative/Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 27, 2016
The knowledge and information sharing at the Yellow Pages has not been surpassed by any other employer. The staff was involved and attentive. The range of opportunities allowed you to go anywhere in the company and I believed in the product.
Above average pay, and flexible work schedule
IT Contractor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 24, 2016
- Contracted IT Helpdesk support, I come in twice a week to support Sales and Editorial staff.

- Most flexible contract I've ever had, I can arrive anytime and have very little reporting to superiors.

- Enterprise policies are strict, so there isn't any wiggle room for creative implementations.
Pros
Great pay, awesome work environment
Cons
small amount of billable hours, little room for advancement
Horrible Bosses
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 19, 2016
The most unqualified management team I've come across in my 16 years in the corporate world. There's a lot of of favouritism, lack of training and ridiculous unqualified leads.
Pros
Gift cards
Cons
unprofessionalism
Good environment
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  325 Milner AveMay 18, 2016
Work from my home office and enjoy travelling to meet clients on a daily basis.
Clients can be difficult at times but its about providing an optimal solution for their advertising needs
Pros
home office
Cons
Very long hours
Positive, employee friendly, work place, with lots of opportunity for advancement
Senior Graphic Consultang (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 17, 2016
A progressive company that for the most part, was employee friendly, which gives you a chance to learn and grow, with the proper support available, to help you succeed with in the corporation.

2.8