Yellow Pages Employee Reviews

Listing Service Representative.
Bilingual Listings Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 14, 2015
"open-space office" is a 5'x5' cubicle.You repeat the same task ALL DAY, every day. Customer service is talking to entitled and taking abuse from rude sale rep from the company. Empty management "advancement" promises. Anybody in their right mind wouldn't lose their time with this.
Pros
none.
Cons
repetitive. toxic team work environment.
Excellent team environment
Media Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ONOctober 2, 2015
YP fosters your ability to generate ideas and ways of making your job better for the employee and clients. Great place to grow and develop your skill set.
Very Difficult Environment on East Coast
MEDIA ACCOUNT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 7, 2015
The YP division in Atlantic Canada is the only one not Unionized, and I never thougth I'd be a Pro Union person especially in sales, but there is a need for the "checks and balances" they would provide where this company is concerned with respect to the way they treat their people. They manage by fear and be prepared to work 70+ hours a week. The management team is made up of hand picked individuals that will obey the rules from the director, their loyalty is to the director (and covering their rear ends), not their teams for the most part. Money can be decent, but the company has enormous fufillment issues that the reps have to deal with the mistakes and omissions with the customers, and the reps have nothing to do with the foul ups. Stay clear of this dying dinosaur, her best days are way behind her, just ask about their turnover rates, very high.
enjoyable place to work
National Relationship Management Agent (Former Employee) –  Slough, ENGNovember 19, 2014
proud to been apart of this market leader organisation hepling in all aspects of delivering Yell.com online search.

The role holder is the primary interface with high-end, valued customers. They will build relationships with their customers through providing an end to end service and by looking for opportunities to add value to the customers business. This will entail taking ownership of the customer’s level of satisfaction (measured through a Customer Satisfaction Measurement Tool) and identifying and delivering ways to increase revenue and improve customer retention.
Changing with the times.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 2, 2014
Company is committed to change and wants to become a Market Leader / On-line Power House in Canada.
Offer tremendous value to advertisers and constantly looking at acquiring partnerships to elevate performance + exposure for paying customers.
Employees work hard and are dedicated to the company.
Corporate culture has been a focal point and getting better over the last few years.
Pros
Committed to changes, always looking to improve business ROI for SMB`s.
Cons
Many moving parts, IT systems, Org. changes, Competitive pricing models.
Best place to work
Billing Clerk and Comission Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 21, 2014
I was able to work in various departments and learn new skill with each of them. The company gave us opportunities through their free courses to better our skills with our jobs. I was fortunate to have worked with other people work oriented like myself. Whenever I learned something useful or beneficial to my job/dept, I would share it or present it to my co-workers if it was something I knew would help them.

The hardest part of the job was trying to meet all deadlines when things went wrong like system crashes or last minute advertising changes.

I really liked that I was able to move around in various departments from switchboard , to clerical for 21 years.
Pros
Company celebrations
Cons
Job security
Steady Employment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  scarboroughSeptember 21, 2014
Working from home, I set appointments and visit prospective clients on a daily/weekly schedule
Closing 2-3 deals weekly on average
The work atmosphere, culture and management is fine.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to work from home
The hardest part of the job is the limitations we are put under and
no chance for advancement
Pros
work from home
Cons
zero advancement; little respect
This was my favorite job Ive ever had
Business Services Consultant/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, OntarioApril 27, 2012
I worked in the sales support dept. (BSG) I loved every single day of this job, until the day we found out we were all losing our jobs, this was right when the recession came full swing... It was a painful process, because it was a unionized, each person above on the seniority lost would take the job from the person below them, and so on, sort of like a domino effect, Prior to that, everyday was amazing, I loved my co-workers, I loved my manager etc. I have not one bad thing to say about The Yellow Pages Group
Pros
tim hortons in the lobby
There was never any pressure.Only requested to have so many ads put in the system in a run of the day.
Data entry specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint John n.bOctober 2, 2012
Each day going to work was exciting for me. Management was great! My co-workers were really nice people.Very east to get along with.The hardest part of the job was understanding what different options that need to be added to a specific request customer wanted.At times that was a challenge. The whole day going into work was the most enjoyablw with all honesty.Very bright and happy place to be.
Pros
for great attendance and you would receive free 15 mins breaks at the end of the month.
Cons
trying to figure out ads(prints)that customers requested.
Not a good career move!
Premise rep (Former Employee) –  BarrieAugust 10, 2012
If you enjoy working by yourself with high sales targets, miserable people, and high pressure management...this is for you!
Not to mention no one uses yellow pages anymore.......
Pros
good diability group plan coverage after 3 months...if you make it!
Cons
high pressure management, impossible electronic sales system, no support staff, high sales targets, poor usage, high rates, long hours, no consideration for work balance, print is no longer used, internet presence is poor

Want to know more about Yellow Pages?

Ask a question
Had days when we would have a fun day, e.g. womans day, come dresesed up.
Graphic designer (Former Employee) –  GautengNovember 23, 2012
I worked there 4 years ago, I was there for 14 years, during my time there I learned a lot, had very nice co-workers, enjoyed my job, the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new programmes and using my experience and knowlege in making customers happy. I just found that i was not moving forward and I need to expand my self in graphics and designing. Can't think of any thing that would describe my job as being hard, did work under a lot of pressure, had deadlines to meet.
Pros
13th check, work overtime.
A challenging workplace allowing for self management to acheive goals
Delivery person (Former Employee) –  WiganNovember 26, 2012
The experience here taught me how to optimise tasks and think ahead to ensure all several thousand books were delivered in a weeks time, if this was not done then salary was cut for each day overdue.
The job was very challenging as I had to deliver thousands of books, sometimes working from 7am to 10pm, however I enjoyed this job as I was allowed to set my own days targets and go about it however I wished.
Pros
freedom to do what i wanted
Productive and fun workplace
Yellow Pages Deliverer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCTAugust 1, 2013
Over seven days I delivered 800 Yellow Pages Directories. I learned that I have good navigation skills as I was able to find the quickest route possible so I was able to deliver all 800 Directories on time. My Manger was very encouraging and helpful during my employment. It was hard to deliver more that 100 Directories each day but because of my route planning skills I was able to complete the task I was given. The most enjoyable part of the job was when all 800 directories were delivered and I had achieved my goal by completing the job on time.
A productive company with great benefits.
Listing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby BCMarch 27, 2014
Yellow Pages Group is a great company to work for with great benefts including healthcare, vacation time and flexible working hours in some areas. My daily activities will include problem solving, training and support for the Listings team. We have a very supportive team that will pitch in to help out wherever they are needed. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to support and help others.
Fun workplace
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  QCAugust 27, 2014
Amazing people!!!

A production clerk must have the following: the ability to quickly learn new systems and applications. Ability to utilize system resources, such as, but not limited to: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Internet and to also handle large volume of activity. We work with various levels of the management team to coordinate and lead lead assignment.
Pros
Cafeteria access
Cons
N/A
Very structured and friendly enviroment to work in
Media Advertising Consultant/ Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCOctober 10, 2012
I've spent 9 years in B2B sales primarily with Canpages and Yellow Pages the am grateful for the opportunity they have given me. Management has also offered their sales staff ongoing training to improve both product knowledge and sales techniques. The most enjoyable part of my job is being in front of my customers, establishing relationships and making money.
Excellent place to work.
Media Account Consultant \ Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2012
A typical day includes bending over backwards to provide superior customer service.
This is a business in transition. Be prepared for a challenge, but a gratifying challenge.
Co-workers are like any business, some good, some not so good.
The hardest part of the job is working with people who don't believe the company will succeed. The company has provided the products and procedures it needs to to be successful, what's holding them back is dead weight employees who keep taking advantage of the compensation plan that is in place - aka stress leave.

I enjoy making the right recommendations for a businesses individual needs to help them meet their objectives.
Pros
excellent compensation
Cons
lots of dead weight - put your blinders on and stay focussed.
YP had seen better times
Media Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  BurnabyFebruary 9, 2013
Very long hours, pay was ok. My channel was dissolved, was not happy with the new role of handling all the cancellations in new role.
Mgmt was so-so. However their training was second to none.
YP's CRM system was a joke, hopefully it was upgraded because it was a nightmare to navigate and the biggest time waster.
Pros
ongoing training, home offices, benefits, autonomy
Cons
long hours, crm, mgmt
Customer Focused - fast paced and challenging environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC V3W3E3August 20, 2014
daily claim resolution as well as escalations from call center representative on difficult calls
provide coaching and training to all agents on the floor
reporting daily to the managers on areas of improvement on processes
enjoyed working in a fast paced and challenging environment
Benefits
Many shortcuts
Contract Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Toa PayohSeptember 18, 2013
This was a freelance position so not much to be mentioned during my stint here. Just that the team was very helpful especially in the production department. I tend to like exploring this area and learnt much from the team.

A typical day here is the Sales team will deliver a stream of work requests from their clients and we are supposed to churn out a layout as soon as possible for the sales team to pitch to their clients. Then once its done we convert the files to send to the art department for them to prep for print.

Not much of a hard part of the job as its typical in any design setup. Just readjusting to the way the office works and the many protocols to uphold.

Most enjoyable was the many break sessions we had .. we had a 45 min lunch and a 2 15min breaks in between.
Pros
Near my home
Cons
had to work saturdays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yellow Pages. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8