Yellow Roadway Corporation Employee Reviews

never knew if you had a job from week to week.
Linehaul Associate/Switcher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 20, 2017
when roadway was family owned it was a great place to work,when the company was sold to yellow corporation it went to hades in a lunch pail.
Pros
good salary & benefits
Cons
poor job security
fast paced enviromnet, no stop business, and decision making
EDD Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJJanuary 10, 2017
After 36 years, the company had some financial problems, I thought it was time to move on. I held y job at YRC, from dock foreman, to dispatch, Terminal Manager sales, and EDD Manager.
Pros
able to make all your own decisions
Cons
sometimes long hours
Good Company
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day is opening up with a meeting. going over weight of freight an making sure it gets put on the proper trailer an ready to leave the dock with all its intended freight.
Benifits are good nothing else
P&D Driver (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, NYJanuary 9, 2017
The benefits are good, we gave back 15 percent of our pay which looks like we will never get back. Pension is lost, union is okay. Too many deal's being made behind closed doors. Otherwise, a good place to work part time not full time.
Outdoor environment
Lead Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHJanuary 9, 2017
Very difficult to work in due to the inclement weather conditions. Not the environment preferred by most people, but the pay was adequate. Would work there again.
good place to work
Driver/Sales (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 9, 2017
A very good place to work, if you are going to work in that field. A typical day, to me, was productive, supportive,and a lot of fun! I would suggest this place to anyone looking in that feild.
Decent Job
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIDecember 29, 2016
Gives good pay, but the benefits for management are very bad. They make it seem like they are providing a ton of health benefits, but in reality, you pay for most of your own health care.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Poor Healthcare coverage
I liked this job but it was an entry level job
Maintenance Manager/ Building & Properties Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 24, 2016
Due to the merger of the two companies, I was placed in an entry level job after 30 plus years. It was better than other managers I knew as they were laid off.
Great Benefits
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILDecember 18, 2016
Easy work. Dispatchers never rush you or make you do something that is unsafe.
Benefits are super great. Union job! You pay nothing out of pocket.
Pros
Easy
Cons
schedule. When you are new you are on call.
Loved this place
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 10, 2016
I started as a part time administrative assistant and promoted to a district administrative assistant. The Company reorganized and I moved to customer service. I learned everything there is to know about LTL freight movement. I totally loved this job and worked there for 11 years. They under went another reorganization and they closed the call center.
Pros
Knew everyone and everything about the company
Cons
The call center closed and put 12 of us out of work
I got to do both driving and warehouse work.
Truck Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIDecember 8, 2016
I liked working for Roadway. It was a very fast paced company handling freight, delivering, working on the dock. Also, it had good wages and benefits. The only downfall was that I got laid off .
Pros
good pay and benefits.
Cons
was laid off
Great supervisors and managers
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ILDecember 5, 2016
This company has great supervisors and managers. They're always willing to help if you have any issues. The hours were also great.
Working the dock
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MADecember 3, 2016
Load and unload trailers. Fill in loading slips. list hazardous material, and total weight of cargo. Make sure trailer is loaded evenly and freight is secure.
Productive and fun, Corporate Challenge, bought Roadway, and Consolidated Freight.
Provide Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS 66211November 4, 2016
YRC is a growing company now, and financially stable.

They have now bought Roadway and Consolidated Freight to increase their business.

I would consider applying again to Yellow Freight.
Pros
Company picnics and Christmas parties.
Cons
They had a huge layoff the year Montgomery Wards shut down.
somewhat slow paced
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZOctober 5, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of getting the drivers prepared for their deliveries for the day. I learned a lot of computer work. My co workers were very nice to work with.Management was easy to get along with making the job enjoyable to be there. There really was nothing hard about the job at all. Most enjoyable part of the job was the working with my customers
Work hard play hard
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 19, 2016
Worked hard for this company and was paid and treated well when it was Roadway Corp. When it combined with YRC, the atmosphere and work environment went south.
Ok place to work.
Corporate Collections/USF Holland (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYSeptember 8, 2016
Young management at the time played favoritism toward the people they liked. Most enjoyable part of the job was the friends I made...they were a great group of people to work with.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Young inexperienced management in my department.
challenged due to crossdock activity and content temp turnover
Warehouse Operations Mgr (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 22, 2016
A typical day at work is reviewing the workload for the day and the following day. this is done to adjust to what the day prior showed. a high number of temps are used due the load flex that changes a few time a day. a high turnover with temps is a big challenges.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
workload changes during the day
The average life at Roadway.
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PAJune 26, 2016
A typical day at Roadway was always busy. You did a lot of tractor and trailer pm inspections as well as convertor dolly pm inspections. You learned something almost everyday and the management was good. They got you on your job and kept to themselves accept to check up on you at times. They new how to discipline but didn't over do it so you trusted them.
Coworkers were pretty good and sometimes funny so you got along with them and didn't mind working with them. they were all pretty good with the knowledge they had with the job at hand.
The pay was good and so were the health and welfare benefits. so you worked with not so much fear and time just passed to twenty one and a half years before they shut down the terminal and was forced into permenent layoff or I would still be working there!
The most enjoyable part of the job was watching how the industry worked. Got along with managers and trusted them. They made the time go by quickly.
Pros
was a good place to work. Pay was good as was the benefits.
Cons
Yellow taking control and putting most out of work like they did me.
Still has "glass ceiling"
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAJune 18, 2016
Roadway was a male-dominated company. Just a bunch of "good 'ole boys" hanging out, waiting to retire. The equipment was shoddy,the employees were unkempt, there was no sense of pride when they deliver freight and/or packages to customers. I was embarrassed working there.
Pros
cannot sy there were any
Cons
Everything to do with the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yellow Roadway Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Yellow Roadway Corporation Reviews by Location